Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: Inter - Roma (20 Apr 19)

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Obviously this game is of the utmost importance, but if we are afraid of this year's Roma this much where not playing Skriniar while still fielding 2 top 10 CBs in Serie A is a point of concern, we're not in the right mental state. Surely being Inter that's a given, but we need to assert ourselves here.

The chances of Skriniar getting a yellow card here are extremely high. It's also very likely that he'll get booked early on.

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    Obviously this game is of the utmost importance, but if we are afraid of this year's Roma this much where not playing Skriniar while still fielding 2 top 10 CBs in Serie A is a point of concern, we're not in the right mental state. Surely being Inter that's a given, but we need to assert ourselves here.

The chances of Skriniar getting a yellow card here are extremely high. It's also very likely that he'll get booked early on.
    i'm more afraid of ourselves to be honest. recently we lost to lazio, we barely got a draw with atalanta, in both cases in san siro. let's not fuck the third head-to-head match in a row.

by the way, i think that winning this would also increase our confidence for the next one.

so, if it were up to me, i would certainly not spare anyone for the sake of the juventus match.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

3. Thanks (4): brakbrak, MVD, phonk, Wallace

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

Winning or drawing to Roma is more important than losing to Juve.
    Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    if Mauro doesn't leave this summer, I'm moving to Forza Wolverhampton Forums until he does
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

Bosnia Herzegovina

Discussion is pointless since we are 95% in CL next year. With competition this bad, we'll need to loose all three games against Rube, Roma and Napoli and to draw or loose one more to blow it away.
    That being said, season is still failure since we had dissapointing runs in Coppa and EL and didn't improve much in league standings.

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

United States

Quote Originally Posted by candreva sucks View Post
    With competition this bad, we'll need to loose all three games against Rube, Roma and Napoli and to draw or loose one more to blow it away. .

Inter: Sfida accettata

7. Thanks (2): firmino, Rain

Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Jnr View Post
    https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...tions/serie-a/

Gives us 93% chance of a CL. Lets just put an end to Roma and the all year Zaniolo hype talk . Lets just finish it like a cigarette on ashtray.
    Quote Originally Posted by candreva sucks View Post
    Discussion is pointless since we are 95% in CL next year. With competition this bad, we'll need to loose all three games against Rube, Roma and Napoli and to draw or loose one more to blow it away.
    That being said, season is still failure since we had dissapointing runs in Coppa and EL and didn't improve much in league standings.

Fav. Player
    Ausilencio

Europe

https://youtu.be/j998yjwvsyo
    Valero for Gaglia to start...
    #donatesuning

Kazakhstan

Best Forum Newcomer
    Not related to tonight's game, but hunchbacks have Mandzukic, Douglas Costa, Dybala,Khedira out of next week's game. It means that even Miranda-De Vrij can cope with Ronaldo and Bernardeschi. So I don't think that we need to rest Skriniar tonight. I am now convinced we can defeat both Roma and Juve at home. Roma's defence is a joke and Juve's totally unmotivated and undermanned.
    “Is shitting on any moment of decency part of your job description?”

At Inter. With Inter.
    To Europa League.

Italy

as adrossi has pointed out, there is no scenario where rubentus is unmotivated.

sure the missing players will affect them, but the only thing that's left in their season is the small satisfaction of beating us. they'll likely put their remaining energies into that.

we have to think of our business and that means first and foremost to beat roma. but imho some of you should drop the idea that we will have it somehow easier against rubentus because they are supposedly "unmotivated".
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

12. Thanks (4): CafeCordoba, Harpsabu, MVD, Urban

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

Romania

Common! The game with Juve had nothing to do with Skrniar being a yellow from suspension.
    This year is our best chance to beat Juve. They will be already mathematically champions, with nothing to play for. UCL exit probably will still have an impact.
    They will be completely unmotivated and righfully so.

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    It doesn't matter. Inter with Skriniar has better chances of winning a football match than Inter without Skriniar. We need to win against Roma to practically seal our CL spot so that's why Skriniar should play (and he will). Roma is our direct rival and we have better chances of getting 3 points out of Roma-Juve match-pair by playing Skriniar against Roma and be without him against Juve than saving Skriniar for Juve and play without him against Roma.

After Roma match, we should worry about Juventus match but not a second before.

15. Thanks (3): Harpsabu, Palacio, Wings

Greece

Quote Originally Posted by andrei View Post
    Common! The game with Juve had nothing to do with Skrniar being a yellow from suspension.
    This year is our best chance to beat Juve. They will be already mathematically champions, with nothing to play for. UCL exit probably will still have an impact.
    They will be completely unmotivated and righfully so.
    Juventus playing Inter away and unmotivated? Please, get serious.

As for the Roma game, yes it is far more important on the current season than the Juventus game. But we need to win both either way. We can beat Roma without Skriniar, vs Juventus we need our best possible lineup and that starts the names: Skriniar and Handanovic.

It's a guarantee that Skriniar gets booked tonight unless Roma fails to reach our half. But even then I'm prety sure they can invent a yellow card for a potential header challenge in their end.

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Luis Figo: "When I signed for Inter it was simply about looking for football happiness."

18. Thanks (1): MVD

Italy

i guess spalletti just doesn't like gagliardini that much. but i don't have prejudice, for all i know vecino could score the winner. as for lautaro or icardi, i don't trust any prediction.

20. Thanks (1): MVD

Kazakhstan

Best Forum Newcomer
    Juventus playing Inter away and unmotivated? Please, get serious.

As for the Roma game, yes it is far more important on the current season than the Juventus game. But we need to win both either way. We can beat Roma without Skriniar, vs Juventus we need our best possible lineup and that starts the names: Skriniar and Handanovic.
    This is Allegri's Juve,not Conte's, who got 100+points even when the league title was decided long ago. Conte's Juve would definitely field best lineup and will be dying on the pitch to make sure that Inter is defeated. Allegri is all about managing resources.

You shouldn't think in absolute categories. "Unmotivated" doesn't necessarily mean that you line up full Primavera roster or score own goals, and you shouldn't consider fellow FIFers dumb as fuck thinking that Juve will be playing at the 10% of their strength.

What I mean by unmotivated is the following. Juve's target for this season was CL glory and treble (less important which showed with Atalanta thrashing them at home). They openly declared it this season. There surely will be a mental breakdown after that-it's inevitable. The league title is theirs, Coppa is lost, CL is gone. Key person in attack who really gelled with CR7 are Mandzukic and Bernardeschi. Mandzukic is out till August. Dybala is out too and he has been playing some lame games recently. Their pace (Douglas Costa)also is sidelined. Anyone else in their squad is very tired which showed in Ajax game. They can't be 100% focused for this game simply because they crashed out of CL having Ronaldo (not like last year when they didn't have one of the GOATs and were pretty evenly matched with Real Madrid still), they mentally were prepared to win it and they thought they would win it. But Ajax (allegedly the second weakest team in last 8 after Porto) proved to be much, much better. You just can't be 100% focused with Inter after such a painful defeat.

It won't mean that Inter will face Nicolussi Caviglia, Pinsoglio and co in Juve squad, but Inter's motivation for this match and the fact they still have something to play for should be a key factor ensuring that we at least will draw, or, preferably, win against gobbi.

At Inter. With Inter.
    To Europa League.

22. Thanks (1): andrei

Greece

You also underestimate the fact that the only thing that will make this Scudetto taste any less sour than it does at the moment is a Juvenus win at the Meazza. The fans will demand it and Allegri's future may very well be determined by this fixture at this stage. This isn't just another game for either team.

With Roma the one thing I fear is that we rarely manage to get the better of them at the Meazza, even when we are expected to.

Kazakhstan

Best Forum Newcomer
    Inter-Juventus game can't ever be just another game, I've mentioned that in the post implicitly. But you can't make your players forget such painful defeats even on the brink of your sacking.

At Inter. With Inter.
    To Europa League.

Greece

Quote Originally Posted by Delicate View Post
    Inter-Juventus game can't ever be just another game, I've mentioned that in the post implicitly. But you can't make your players forget such painful defeats even on the brink of your sacking.
    You know you overcome a bad mental phase? By getting a big win. We are going to be their big win.
    If you don't like it coming from me, go to the Mourinho thread and check the latest video at the 31st minute.

It is ridiculous to assume that Juventus will be demotivated to face us. They are coming here to prove a message. Either way, I think we will all agree that the Roma game is what matters at this stage. But going vs Juventus without Skriniar and Lautaro means trouble. We need to play at our best in both games if we want to get this CL thing over with. Two wins get us there.

Fav. Player
    ur mom
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    Inter midfielders scored 22 goals, only Atalanta's midfield scored more with 25 goals in Serie A.

That's cool tbh, knowing our midfielders are lacking certain other skills

Problem is Perisic and Politano don't score enough for us to be more dangerous... Higher on the table, and out of Eur competitions

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

27. Thanks (1): MVD

Greece

Quote Originally Posted by JJM View Post
    Inter midfielders scored 22 goals, only Atalanta's midfield scored more with 25 goals in Serie A.

That's cool tbh, knowing our midfielders are lacking certain other skills

Problem is Perisic and Politano don't score enough for us to be more dangerous... Higher on the table, and out of Eur competitions

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk
    23 goals in Serie A actually.

5 each Perisic and Nainggolan, 4 for Politano, 3 Gagliardini, 2 for Vecino and Brozovic and one each for Candreva and Joao Mario.