Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: Inter - Juventus (27 Apr 19)

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    I don't think the difference in defensive quality is, or was, that significant, at least not last season when they both played here. Cancelo is no Zanetti but nor is D'Ambrosio. If anything, I seem to see Cancelo making more defensive mistakes at juve than he did here. Obviously I don't watch juve consistently so it's hard to make an accurate assessment but I did get that impression.

Either way, the overall balance is what matters IMO. To put it simplistically, when you combine the offensive and defensive attributes of each player, Cancelo still wins out in my eyes. Even if his defending is worse than D'Ambrosio's, the difference in his level of offense is significantly in Cancelo's favor.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fav. Player
    Insomnia

Europe

Oof, so many new posts. I am a bit late, but I already wrote the text, sorry if I am repeating what some of your already wrote. I will just leave this here:

Our situation back then was a little different. Last season Candreva was a starter throughout the entire season, providing fuck all on the wing. Spalletti realized that we were desperate for another player who could create chances from the sideline, that’s were Cancelo excelled.

Now we have Politano, who is an upgrade to Candreva. He is a lot quicker and can take on a defender, while also having fairly good positioning, which means he can create promising attacks better than Candreva. His main problem is that his output doesn’t really reflect his input unfortunately.

Since Spallettis attacking plan is to give the ball to the wingers and hope for the best, D'Ambrosio isn’t really „needed“ in attack, that much. This isn’t necessarily a drawback because he doesn’t really have the characteristics to play this role.
    Therefore he provides stability in defense, he is also fairly good at heading.

He is not a „flashy“ player, nor will he be the superstar here, but he is an important part of our team, for now.
    You're watching a master at work

3. Thanks (3): Hasan, MVD, Rain

Italy

According to gazzetta, brozovic will be available for this match.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

5. Thanks (4): Lui, MVD, SiamoNoi, wera

Fav. Player
    RONALDO (the re

Australia

1 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    Just a friendly reminder that Spalletti's record against juve is 2W, 4D and 20 motherfucking L's. Even a draw here would be a miracle.
    http://i47.tinypic.com/106hq42.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Boys San Interista View Post
    Money where Sandrodiosi easily had could wipe the ass of azz off, till it was glimming again.
    Quote Originally Posted by skeet View Post
    he was one win away from a treble, so i wouldn't argue with his testicle oriented man-management techniques

7. Thanks (4): Devious, Linege, MVD, Rasha

Fav. Player
    ur mom
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    Icardi-Lautaro
    Perisic-Borja-Brozo-Politano
    Asamoah-Skri-SDV-Dumbo
    Handa

won't happen tho,I don't want Nainggolan starting because he was pure crap against Roma,also no Mario,another disaster
    fuck Vecino,red card walking against Rube,maybe Gags in Borja's place...

9. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Milito

Australia

60 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Regarding Cancelo: If Inter had wingbacks with that sort of offensive quality, we wouldn’t need to always rely on inconsistent wingers to provide width and could therefore attempt to play two forwards & greater numbers in the midfield.

I’m not sure sure if an Icardi-Martinez would work, but it would at least be an option. As would 3-man backlines.

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by JJM View Post
    Icardi-Lautaro
    Perisic-Borja-Brozo-Politano
    Asamoah-Skri-SDV-Dumbo
    Handa
    I like that, and probably what I would do if given the choice of formation. Definitely Gagliardini instead of Borja though, dude ran 90 minutes against Roma. He should get the usual half hour if we're drawing or, by some miracle, ahead towards the end.

I would be also be tempted to put in a 4-3-3 with Nainggolan-Brozovic-Gagliardini, much as I wanted to kick Radja in the head at the weekend. He does really hate Juve.

However, we all know we're getting this:

Lautaro/Icardi
    Perisic-Nainggolan-Politano
    Brozovic-Vecino
    Asamoah-Skriniar-De Vrij-D'Ambrosio
    Handanovic

and there's not a goddamn thing we can do about it. Maybe Borja for Brozo if he's still not fit.
    Inter Banter Era; 2011-2018 Mudingayi, Schelotto, Rocchi Gone but not forgotten

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    Inter fans betting for Inter? The odds keep rising for Juventus win. Checked right after Roma match, in Unibet it was 2.7, Betsson 2.75 maybe. Yesterday the numbers were 2.75 and 2.8. Today in both sites it is 2.85.
    Can't stop myself with the odds. Now it's 2.9 for Juventus in Unibet (and Betsson). Oddsmakers (and bettors) going more and more to direction that Juve won't win this. Inter winning is 2.4-2.45.

Fav. Player
    L'Imperatore
    Old name
    Hadrian

Estonia

10 years of FIF Forum Supporter
    It's looking more and more likely that Brozo will be available. That will have an impact on the betting odds.
    "I don't think drugs are the problem."

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    You guys talking about the odds tipping in our favor while I'm remembering the home derby in 2014/15 when juve had absolutely nothing to play for (just like now) and put out a B team which easily walked all over us without breaking a sweat, like it was a low-intensity training session. I don't even bet on Inter when we play the likes of Bologna and Chievo, let alone juve.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

15. Thanks (2): Devious, Wobblz

Kazakhstan

Best Forum Newcomer
    Well we had Manshitni at the time,now we have master tactician Spalletti.
    “Is shitting on any moment of decency part of your job description?”

At Inter. With Inter.
    To Europa League.

17. Thanks (1): Devious

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    You guys talking about the odds tipping in our favor while I'm remembering the home derby in 2014/15 when juve had absolutely nothing to play for (just like now) and put out a B team which easily walked all over us without breaking a sweat, like it was a low-intensity training session. I don't even bet on Inter when we play the likes of Bologna and Chievo, let alone juve.
    Of course I'm going to bet for Juve and/or draw if I'm going to bet anything. Mental capital invested for Inter so financial capital needs to go the other way to ease the pain if things go south. Basic stuff.

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Canada

66 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by firmino View Post
    According to gazzetta, brozovic will be available for this match.
    Massive boost. Far and away our best midfielder (the fact that injury prone and inconsistent Nainggolan is second in that category shows how tragic our midfield is)

I'll be traveling for this one so sadly I'll miss it. Or maybe not so sad as Spalletti's record against this cunt club is horrific. Regardless fuck juve from their fucking janitors to that human piece of excrement Nedved to everything else in between. I hope there's a special place in hell for their entire club and anyone ever associated with them.

20. Thanks (3): Devious, SiamoNoi, Universe

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo L.N.D.L

Albania

Odds for rube are rising because they had like 6 players unavailable (also they had 3 days rest after winning the league)

22. Thanks (1): Devious

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Egypt

10 years of FIF Most Diverse Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Choppin Onions View Post
    Massive boost. Far and away our best midfielder (the fact that injury prone and inconsistent Nainggolan is second in that category shows how tragic our midfield is)

I'll be traveling for this one so sadly I'll miss it. Or maybe not so sad as Spalletti's record against this cunt club is horrific. Regardless fuck juve from their fucking janitors to that human piece of excrement Nedved to everything else in between. I hope there's a special place in hell for their entire club and anyone ever associated with them.
    If we won make sure you never watch a derby d'Italia again, cause then obviously it was you and not Spalletti's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by GenDire View Post
    They should put the whole squad on the sex offender list for exposing themselves in front of 10,000 children

24. Thanks (2): MVD, SiamoNoi

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

Australia

Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    Of course I'm going to bet for Juve and/or draw if I'm going to bet anything. Mental capital invested for Inter so financial capital needs to go the other way to ease the pain if things go south. Basic stuff.
    My man. It's literally happiness 101
    CAMPIONEDIEUROPA2010

2005-2010<3

26. Thanks (1): CafeCordoba

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Canada

66 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Devious View Post
    If we won make sure you never watch a derby d'Italia again, cause then obviously it was you and not Spalletti's fault.
    Agreed.

28. Thanks (1): Devious

Netherlands

Would love to see Spalletti be bold and roll out a 4-4-2, but I can guarantee you we're going to be seeing:

Icardi
    Perisic Nainggolan Politano
    Vecino Brozovic
    Asamoah de Vrij Skriniar D'Ambrosio

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Egypt

10 years of FIF Most Diverse Poster

They forgot to put Wanda on Marvel though. Spot on the bald midget

Quote Originally Posted by GenDire View Post
    They should put the whole squad on the sex offender list for exposing themselves in front of 10,000 children

Fav. Player
    Insomnia

Europe

Do we already know who the referee for this game will be? Hopefully not Abisso, then its over before it even started.
    You're watching a master at work

32. Thanks (1): MVD