Page 15 of 61 FirstFirst ... 51213141516171825 ... LastLast

Thread: Romelu Lukaku

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

I have seen enough bad first touches or passes from Icardi to make a compilation. The reason why he has no compilation is because he just isn't that famous to begin with. Shittier league, shittier club,..
    Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    if Mauro doesn't leave this summer, I'm moving to Forza Wolverhampton Forums until he does
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

2. Thanks (7): Ed., Kakaroto, snake, thatdude, vex, YoramG, yoszee

United States

Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    I have seen enough bad first touches or passes from Icardi to make a compilation. The reason why he has no compilation is because he just isn't that famous to begin with. Shittier league, shittier club,..
    Could easily put together a compilation of Icardi trying to dribble and make him look like a Serie C player

Fav. Player
    L'pool Youtube

Yugoslavia

Quote Originally Posted by Ed. View Post
    Inferior in what way?

Lukaku is same age as Icardi. Statistically better than Icardi. Many people seem to suggest that Icardi is better but I don't see how Icardi is a better footballer apart from me supporting Icardi for the last 5 years.

Try to answer this question: what can Icardi do but Lukaku cannot?
    Lukaku plays for his national team, while icardi can only dream of it.

5. Thanks (1): nutsncider

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    Shut up, Icardi isn't a poacher.

**I move away from the mic to breathe in

Į\_(ツ)_/Į

7. Thanks (1): SiamoNoi

10 years of FIF
    Fun to follow how people slowly prime themselves to this horrible deal so that they wont be devastated when it happens. Next week Lukaku is one of the best five strikers in the world and by then you strongly feel that Icardi has always been holding us back.

Proceed.

Fav. Player
    JZ4

From the comments: Lukaku looks like an ex footballer playing in a charity game

"Last person I called "Darling" was pregnant 20 seconds later!" Lord Flashheart.

Fav. Player
    MS37, SH1, MB77

United States

I don’t want a guy who’s gonna need to catch his breath after going up a flight of stairs

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

United States

86 FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Revv View Post
    I don’t want a guy who’s gonna need to catch his breath after going up a flight of stairs
    That is why we have fitness coaches on our staff that get paid lots of money...so people like you do not need to worry about it!
    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    This season is unfortunately a 5 season setback. We were 1.5 mercato away from becoming a top team, now won't really have expectations of winning an important trophy until 2025.

12. Thanks (1): Urban

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Ludlow View Post
    Fun to follow how people slowly prime themselves to this horrible deal so that they wont be devastated when it happens. Next week Lukaku is one of the best five strikers in the world and by then you strongly feel that Icardi has always been holding us back.

Proceed.
    Felt precisely the same way. Narrative is slowly changing.

14. Thanks (2): Linege, SiamoNoi

Fav. Player
    fuck em all

Serbia

vitomins is on fire these days
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyall View Post
    Extremely shit.
    Like so shit that if you took a shit on a toilet it would look like him.

16. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    JZ4

Quote Originally Posted by vitomins View Post
    That is why we have fitness coaches on our staff that get paid lots of money...so people like you do not need to worry about it!
    All teams have fitness coaches, all teams also have players like 9G and Higuain who do what the hell they want when they get home. Ultimately the players fitness is up to the player. Some take it more seriously than others.
    "Last person I called "Darling" was pregnant 20 seconds later!" Lord Flashheart.

Fav. Player
    Danilo The God

PNG

16 FIF Special Ones Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Is he any better than Zupata right now?

Fav. Player
    Doina Turcanu

Tokelau

69 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by phonk View Post
    In terms of on the ball ability i think Icardi has the upper hand. While he may not be a very technical player that easily dribbles past 2-3 players on a regular basis I, his first touch and ability to hold on to the ball is quite decent and itís not like he has never taken on a defender of keeper and put it behind the back of the net afterwards.

Lukaku might have some trouble to do something with the ball before he loses it as defenders in Italy tend to make spaces way more tight than in England.

Icardi has been the leagues best goal scored twice and there are not many players who can match his goal instinct.
    Being the player with the best conversion rate in all of Europe last season says quite a lot. He just needs less chances then others, and he didnít have that many to begin with as coaches figured out Spallettis tactics pretty quickly.

Letís not forget he is a certified big game player. He is the guy with the most goals against Rube that is currently playing in Serie A, always seems to score against Milan (apart from that game where he missed the open goal twice ). Has a decent record against Roma and Lazio too.
    Lukaku as others have mentioned is more of a flat track bully, his goal record against the big teams is quite forgettable.
    If we want a striker that can score against any opposition, I'd rather have Icardi in the team.

While I am not saying Lukaku is a bad player (anyone can have a bad season), I just donít think he is the right guy for us, not for that price at least.

Edit: If Conte goes for the 3-5-2 and Icardi is in fact going to Rube, I'd like to exchange him with Dybala. We'd have Dybala, Lautaro and Politano upfront and call me crazy but I would try to get Dzeko as a short time solution for about 15 mil if thatís possible. I know it doesnít look amazing, but I'd rather use the rest of the ĄLukaku moneyď to reinforce a different position.
    Take off your inter spectacles and watch these videos.

Look at the varieties of goal scoring processes.
    FC INTERNAZIONALE

I thought football in Italy had changed, but it seems that a zebra never changes its stripes.
    FAK GOBBY

Belgium

Quote Originally Posted by SiamoNoi View Post
    So you think this season Icardi is Icardi down the road?

Lukaku is 3 levels below Icardi regarding finishing.It's not even remotely close.
    No I don't, nor do I think this season Lukaku is Lukaku down the road.

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    I think people are underrating Lukaku. He is not as bad as you guys claim. He is not 70-80 mils player per se, but he is good enough to be part of this Inter. Is he better than Icardi? I don't think he is overall, but has his strengths over him.
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts

Fav. Player
    De Vrij

Netherlands

82 Anti-Barca Forum Supporter
    Sure we want to challenge and beat juBe next season with this guy who barely managed to even touch the ball in 2 matches against them.

And to get him, we're gonna get rid of the player who scored against juBe more often than not. Classic!

Stats aside this is the main difference between the two - Icardi was useful in big games, Lukaku is gonna be our flat track bully. At best.
    Bwahahahaha!!! What man would voluntarily impregnate a woman while being sober?! Our fathers were all drunk.
    -Lionheart
    Get your fucking shit together you worthless, spineless, brainless fucking cunts.
    -Universe
    FUCK BARCA

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    Icardi > Lukaku but Lukaku > Icardi + Wanda

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluenine View Post
    Icardi > Lukaku but Lukaku > Icardi + Wanda
    Man, I hope Skriniar picks Wanda as his agent. Everyone will flip out
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

26. Thanks (2): Adriano@10, SiamoNoi

Belgium

I agree that I would prefer an Icardi of last years over having Lukaku, but let's be honest Icardi is NOT staying and we shouldn't want him to stay either. He refused to play for months faking an injury, disrupts the dressing room and is now pushing for a move to juve who tries to get him as cheap as possible.

Concerning Icardi, I would rather have him rot in our reserve squad for the upcoming 2 years and lose him for free afterwards than selling him to Juventus. If we can sell him to another club, great.

That said: there is no need to compare both strikers anymore, one wants to go to our arch rivals and one wants to come here. The real question is, knowing Icardi will not be in our line-up next year, who do you want as our main striker? And to that question, Lukaku isn't a bad answer.