Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Romelu Lukaku

Fav. Player
    Lautaro Martine

Albania

Forum Supporter
    One good thing about Marotta I liked is his focus on strikers. He seemed to have learned his lesson and doesn't want to be blackmailed by another Icardi in the future by being more than prepared in the strikers' department.

Fav. Player
    Solskjær

India

18 Forum Supporter Nostradamus
    Quote Originally Posted by thatdude View Post
    Monster, what is your honest opinion on Lukaku. Do you think he’s a good player? Is he having fitness issues? Is he suited for Serie A/Inter? Are you happy to see the back of him?
    He is good player and under Conte there is no doubt his fitness will improve. No idea who advised him to put on weight, he said he bulked up for World cup and then struggled to lose the weight. There is a big difference in his physicality from 2017-18 season to 2018-19 season.

This is him in 2017-18 season. He was quicker, leaner and better.

He bulked up for World up (for the reasons only he knows) and then struggled this season. Also he didn't have preseason and cut short his vacation as we had injury problems at the start of the season.

He is lot better than people give him credit for. His first touch is erratic but his passing is good. He plays some very good passes and creates chances. Also he is decent dribbler, carries ball like a tank.

He will be good addition for Inter, people think he is donkey as twitter guys post many memes when he makes any mistake. If you compile a mistake of any player, he will look like a donkey. He has his flaws like first touch but his passing and crossing is surprisingly good.

Problem with him is his work rate. Not sure how to judge him as we have the poorest fitness record in the league. We are 20th in distance covered in all 3 Jose's season, before that we used to be in 3rd - 5th position. So it's not surprising that our players have poor fitness. Lukaku is like a crown jewel. Gassed out when he played with intensity, walks around and doesn't press. (Sometimes he chases down the attacker and wins the ball in defensive area which is rare).

He contributed to 35 goals in his first season and still got lot of shit from fans. For me there is no doubt he will be very good player for Inter.

Am I happy to see the back of him? Yes as the way Ole wants to play he won't fit. He wants his team to press and defend from front, this is something Lukaku struggles to deal with.

Fav. Player
    Doina Turcanu

Tokelau

69 Forum Supporter
    Sounds like loan + option is a good deal if he doesn't fit OGS system.
    FC INTERNAZIONALE

I thought football in Italy had changed, but it seems that a zebra never changes its stripes.
    FAK GOBBY

4. Thanks (1): SiamoNoi

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Argentina

Quote Originally Posted by PHM1605 View Post
    70m for this....
    PS: notice his size.

We also can compile Icardi's howlers. The one where he missed an open goal in Milan derby immediately come to my mind.

Actually I am quite confident that Conte could mold Lukaku from his currently obese elephant shape into his Everton shape. Lukaku has joined the top competition from very tender age and he had one bad season. If Conte can upgrade the like of Pelle, I am sure he can upgrade Lukaku as well.
    Now the problems shifts to Icardi. We need the fund from his sale to sign Lukaku, but his value will drop if Lukaku's arrival is imminent since other clubs know we are desperate to sell. If the current Icardi's transfer value is 50-60 M, expect his value will drop even lower when Lukaku comes.
    http://irequis.wordpress.com/
    Feeling up the senses like a night in Giuseppe Meazza

Fav. Player
    Doina Turcanu

Tokelau

69 Forum Supporter
    Other clubs already know we are desperate but still no one steps forward with an offer.
    FC INTERNAZIONALE

I thought football in Italy had changed, but it seems that a zebra never changes its stripes.
    FAK GOBBY

7. Thanks (1): thatdude

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by JJM View Post
    But but Lukaku is a log... Lmao
    Lukaku also had scored 25 goals in his last 23 games for Belgium. Though it must be said that Belgium has a lot of quality players who use Lukaku to deflect their shots into the goal.

Fav. Player
    ur mom
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    Fancy deflection tho

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

10. Thanks (3): MVD, thatdude, varmin

Italy

My only concern is his tendency to gain weight. 4-5 kilos too much basically kill the skills of most footballers.

But if Conte can make him stay healthy, then I'm in favour of this deal. Now, if we actually buy him, I am interested in who will be the other striker.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

12. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    De Vrij

Netherlands

82 Anti-Barca Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluenine View Post
    Lukaku also had scored 25 goals in his last 23 games for Belgium. Though it must be said that Belgium has a lot of quality players who use Lukaku to deflect their shots into the goal.

Well, Belgium almost always plays against some dog shit opponent ranked 50 or lower on the FIFA Ranking. Which is where Lukaku thrives: pestering the little ones. But as soon as they face a real challenge, Lukaku is invisible.

We saw this on the WC 2018 as well, where people were quick to overhype Lukaku after he scored 4 goals in the first 2 games... Against fuckin' Tunisia and Panama.
    After that he was completely invisible against England, absolutely unable to score when they were on the verge of death against Japan (who were ranked #60 ), clueless and useless against Brazil, an utter clown vs France and to top things off he was a crapfest once again vs England in the game for 3rd place.

I don't follow Lukaku too much but when I do, I always see this trend repeating itself. Bagging lots of goals vs small and weak teams gives him the statistics that earn him some reputation, but there is not a worse big game choker in the world.
    And now he got fat and even more of a slow and unwieldy cow. I absolutely don't have faith in this guy, the sum they are asking for him is absolutely hilarious and I would much rather keep Icardi.
    Bwahahahaha!!! What man would voluntarily impregnate a woman while being sober?! Our fathers were all drunk.
    -Lionheart
    Get your fucking shit together you worthless, spineless, brainless fucking cunts.
    -Universe
    FUCK BARCA

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    But is it that Conte doesn't want to defend and press from the front? And that's why Lukaku will fit to Conte? Or to what this rationale of Lukaku fitting to Conte but not Ole comes from?

Fav. Player
    Solskjær

India

18 Forum Supporter Nostradamus
    Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    But is it that Conte doesn't want to defend and press from the front? And that's why Lukaku will fit to Conte? Or to what this rationale of Lukaku fitting to Conte but not Ole comes from?
    Different managers have different preferences. Conte wanted Lukaku at Chelsea and everyone thought it's a done deal to Chelsea. Then he moved to ManUtd. Its not a surprise Conte wanted him again.

Re Ole, he wants players who are quick too. He always talks about how ManUtd is all about quick players with pace, taking on defenders. Also for some reason he is a fan of Rashford and prefers him. It's not like ManUtd wants to offload him desperately. He can stay but won't be guaranteed starter like he was under Jose.

16. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Doina Turcanu

Tokelau

69 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Native View Post
    Well, Belgium almost always plays against some dog shit opponent ranked 50 or lower on the FIFA Ranking. Which is where Lukaku thrives: pestering the little ones. But as soon as they face a real challenge, Lukaku is invisible.
    That's what Inter needs. Someone who can prey Sassuolo, Torino, Udinese, Parma, Cagliari, Bologna and Genoa week in week out.
    FC INTERNAZIONALE

FAK GOBBY

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by PHM1605 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by yoszee View Post
    Now we need Pintus to do his magic to reform him into his everton's size.
    Morientes (throwback to the 2003/2004 season): “Pintus is the best fitness coach I've ever had. He's a nice and friendly guy... but also a sadist. My weight used to be 83 kilograms, with Pintus I dropped to 79 in 3 weeks. I've never been as hungry as I was in Monaco.”

On paper, adding some "magic" and all the related benefits, a leaner Lukaku would be and should be business as usual for Pintus (especially with no “1991-1998” doctor Agricola around, who may be tempted to "bulk up" Lukakone even more).

Also, it is what it is.

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    One thing must be mentioned. Roberto Martinez used Lukaku as right winger against Brazil in World Cup and I think it was pretty successful eventually (maybe they switched Lukaku's position to RW at some point I don't remember). So tactically he's not a complete tool either.

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Lukaku was a world class prospect. His career definitely didn't pan out so well but he didn't end up like Balotelli. He's one corner away from that but he's also not far off of getting in the right track.
    I'd take the risk for 30m at best with a 4m salary, but wasting 70 millions that we do not have on him with the salary demands he will have is suicide.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

21. Thanks (2): SiamoNoi, _OC_

Fav. Player
    Schneckerl

Austria

7 Forum Supporter
    Lukaku is a typical EPL player, highly overpriced.
    a big NO from my side
    Inter clueless management with no strategy and wasting tons of money. every year, again and again

Fav. Player
    Big Skrin

England

I've not heard any Juventus rumours anywhere, however, on William Hill he is evens to join Juventus, 2/1 to join Inter. Loans count.

Fav. Player
    Wallace
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Monster, are you in the sales industry by any chance?
    Wallace

25. Thanks (3): CafeCordoba, MVD, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Adriano

Switzerland

It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world.

27. Thanks (1): Wobblz

Fav. Player
    MS37, SH1, MB77

United States

He’s fucking fatttttttt Jesus Christ he will hate it if we actually do have Pintus in the staff