View Poll Results: Are you willing to have Inter spend 65 million (or more) on Lukaku to satisfy Conte?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

44 40.00%
  • No

66 60.00%
Page 4 of 125 FirstFirst 12345671454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Romelu Lukaku

Fav. Player
    Adriano

Indonesia

Reminds me alot to adriano, his weight gain as well

Fav. Player
    sdv,skri,epic

Ukraine

Why don't we swap Ivan for Juan Mata instead of Lukaku. Makes mor sense to me.

Sent from my m2 using Tapatalk

Fav. Player
    Don't have one.

Bosnia Herzegovina

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Give Icardi all those space and he would score 10 times more goals like that. Let’s see what Lukaku can do against SPALs and Frosinones.

- - - Updated - - -

The price is solely because he played in the EPL.
    Hey man if there are four teams from that league in the finals of the two of the biggest european competitions, and your player is one of the top scorers in mentioned league, then you get to have some leverage. It doesn't correlate exactly to the objective quality of lukaku, but its certainly one of the indicators.

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    The prices were high even at times when English teams crashed at the quarter finals. CL has nothing to do with it, it's purely PL marketing bullshit.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

5. Thanks (3): Adriano@10, MVD, _OC_

Fav. Player
    Barella

Malaysia

Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    Reminds me alot to adriano, his weight gain as well
    He's more like Emile Heskey lol

7. Thanks (1): ForzaNerazzurro

Fav. Player
    NOT Il Capitano

Falkland Islands

0 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Man there are a lot of comments here on Lulaku, and especially on his first touch. I don't know why that keeps getting emphasised so much.

My simple opinion of him is - he is a fantastic all-round striker, can score from inside as well as outside the box, can combine well with others, and also be very useful in moving around the pitch, getting into positions on the wing and all. Yes, he needs to lose weight, and the valuation being sought is too high. If that comes down, then he would be a good guy.

Regarding first touch and dribbling, he has something that Icardi just doesn't. Icardi relies on getting rid of the ball on the first touch every single time. Lukaku here, and other strikers like Dzeko, Kane, Mandzukic, Benzema, and most others contribute something that helps the team in getting others into position and help keep possession.
    IO SONO INTERISTA

9. Thanks (1): varmin

Fav. Player
    Christian Vieri

Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by ADRossi View Post
    This is always my example of the type of goal Lukaku is capable of scoring that Icardi couldn't dream of:

I just don't know if Lukaku is even capable of doing this anymore. He's been a different player at Man U than he was at Everton.

(Inb4 Brehme mocks EPL defending)
    that kind of arguement is useless af. Skriniar can only dream of making passes like bonucci, does that make bonucci better than skriniar? Fuck no

Fav. Player
    Doina Turcanu

Tokelau

69 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by brakbrak View Post
    that kind of arguement is useless af. Skriniar can only dream of making passes like bonucci, does that make bonucci better than skriniar? Fuck no
    I don't think he said Lukaku is better than Icardi but certainly not as bad as some people make him out here.
    FC INTERNAZIONALE

I thought football in Italy had changed, but it seems that a zebra never changes its stripes.
    FAK GOBBY

12. Thanks (2): ADRossi, MVD

Fav. Player
    Christian Vieri

Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by Ed. View Post
    I don't think he said Lukaku is better than Icardi but certainly not as bad as some people make him out here.
    Fair enough, but he is as bad as people make him out here; even many man utd fans want him out because he sucks (not because emotional reason like icardi). He is basically the perisic of man utd.

Fav. Player
    Doina Turcanu

Tokelau

69 Forum Supporter
    Fair enough, but he is as bad as people make him out here; even many man utd fans want him out because he sucks (not because emotional reason like icardi). He is basically the perisic of man utd.
    ADR said Lukaku was a beast in Everton but he was a different player in Man Utd. You can't deny Lukaku was a top notch when he was in Everton with 87 goals in 166 matches.

And ADR was right that Icardi would only dream of passing 3 players before scoring.

Edit: He is 26. In football, there have been many examples of players have one or two bad seasons then once they move to a new league or clubs, they become a great player once again.
    FC INTERNAZIONALE

I thought football in Italy had changed, but it seems that a zebra never changes its stripes.
    FAK GOBBY

15. Thanks (3): ADRossi, MVD, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Christian Vieri

Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by Ed. View Post
    ADR said Lukaku was a beast in Everton but he was a different player in Man Utd. You can't deny Lukaku was a top notch when he was in Everton with 87 goals in 166 matches.

And ADR was right that Icardi would only dream of passing 3 players before scoring.

Edit: He is 26. In football, there have been many examples of players have one or two bad seasons then once they move to a new league or clubs, they become a great player once again.
    No doubt, Lukaku was a beast when he was at everton but dont forget that he wasnt a fatso then;he is now. Weight issue isnt something that one can shrug off. Another player affected by weight gain is the amazing 36 goal-Piguain.

While i dont doubt,can you give me examples? Because i can give you an example of a player who was a good player,had 3 bad seasons and then moved to inter and he was still shit : Stevan Jovetic. In case you haven't noticed, helping players to rediscover their form isn't in Inter's forte for the past 8 years.

Edit: this always makes me laugh

17. Thanks (1): DARi0

Fav. Player
    Icardi

Saudi Arabia

Quote Originally Posted by vex View Post
    Hey man if there are four teams from that league in the finals of the two of the biggest european competitions, and your player is one of the top scorers in mentioned league, then you get to have some leverage. It doesn't correlate exactly to the objective quality of lukaku, but its certainly one of the indicators.
    English teams being in the final (for the first time since I cant remember how many years) has nothing to do with the fact that EPL do overpay for players insanely. Just check the amount of players who got sold for 50m and above and got flopped. In 2011 Liverpool bought Andy Carroll for 50 fucking million. He went on to score 6 times in 44 games. Danilo of Real who was a flop joined City for 30m.

Imo price is never an indicator of player’s quality in the EPL. He is a good striker but he was and will never be even a 50m player.
    Forza Inter

19. Thanks (1): CafeCordoba

Bulgaria

Forum Supporter
    Lukaku in Man U has 42 goals and 13 assists for 7000min (about 78 games). That means a goal every 166 min. i don't see how this is a failure.

21. Thanks (5): MKSerbia, Stefan, thatdude, wera, zodd

Fav. Player
    Doina Turcanu

Tokelau

69 Forum Supporter
    No doubt, Lukaku was a beast when he was at everton but dont forget that he wasnt a fatso then;he is now. Weight issue isnt something that one can shrug off. Another player affected by weight gain is the amazing 36 goal-Piguain.

While i dont doubt,can you give me examples? Because i can give you an example of a player who was a good player,had 3 bad seasons and then moved to inter and he was still shit : Stevan Jovetic. In case you haven't noticed, helping players to rediscover their form isn't in Inter's forte for the past 8 years.

Edit: this always makes me laugh
    Arjen Robben.
    Mohamed Salah.
    Kevin De Bruyne.

Walter Samuel.
    Wesley Sneijder.
    Esteban Cambiasso.

I'm not saying that he will be a beast again but it cannot be ruled out as well. He is only 26 years old, the very same age as Icardi. He is not even at his peak as a player yet. I have to be honest that I don't follow Man Utd that much, but statistically he has only been bad this season. Last season he scored 27 goals. However, Icardi has managed to have a worse season than Lukaku, does that mean Icardi won't be a great player anymore? Icardi couldn't even score into empty net at least twice in the last 6 months.

We probably haven't rediscovered any players form in the last 8 years but we certainly have managed to ruin many more talents. Not sure why you pointed out anyway.
    FC INTERNAZIONALE

FAK GOBBY

23. Thanks (3): Kakaroto, thatdude, wera

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

Quote Originally Posted by varmin View Post
    Lukaku in Man U has 42 goals and 13 assists for 7000min (about 78 games). That means a goal every 166 min. i don't see how this is a failure.
    He has no Serie A goals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

25. Thanks (1): thatdude

Fav. Player
    Don't have one.

Bosnia Herzegovina

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    English teams being in the final (for the first time since I cant remember how many years) has nothing to do with the fact that EPL do overpay for players insanely. Just check the amount of players who got sold for 50m and above and got flopped. In 2011 Liverpool bought Andy Carroll for 50 fucking million. He went on to score 6 times in 44 games. Danilo of Real who was a flop joined City for 30m.

Imo price is never an indicator of player’s quality in the EPL. He is a good striker but he was and will never be even a 50m player.
    Well that kinda comes with the territory when you have money to spend and you are the richest league in the world, you will see great concentration of quality players like we see today in EPL, probably the best of any league, and then you will have flops like caroll...but the point is they are the best league in the world right now, and its only partly because of the marketing or some undeserved hype.

Regarding price, I wouldn't say it's never an indicator of players quality, because for every caroll, danilo, shevcenko, you have silvas, agueros, van dijk, alison....and much more, but you get a point....

And Lukaku is definitely worth 50 million, I don't know what the fuck are you talking about in that regard.
    Last edited by vex; 26 May 19 at 10:47.

Fav. Player
    Adriano

Belgium

Yeah yeah, Lukaku can score on a rainy night in Stoke, but can he do it on a dry night in Sassuolo?
    Forza Internazionale Milano
    Buffalo KAA Gent - Belgian Champions 2014-2015

http://forzainterforums.com/showthre...=1#post1395711

28. Thanks (1): MVD

Kazakhstan

Best Forum Newcomer
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinB View Post
    Yeah yeah, Lukaku can score on a rainy night in Stoke, but can he do it on a dry night in Sassuolo?
    Falcao's law aside, what is your opinion towards him as a Belgian? Serie A is far from being a tactical conundrum of 90s and I am totally sure that the player from any top5 league can succeed at calcio.
    “Is shitting on any moment of decency part of your job description?”

At Inter. With Inter.
    To Europa League.

Fav. Player
    Adriano

Belgium

Quote Originally Posted by Delicate View Post
    Falcao's law aside, what is your opinion towards him as a Belgian? Serie A is far from being a tactical conundrum of 90s and I am totally sure that the player from any top5 league can succeed at calcio.
    I've expressed my opinion about Lukaku on the first page. I think he can succeed here, but I'm skeptical. Lukaku relies on his speed, power and wingers/creative midfielders. It's easy to score for Belgium when you got De Bruyne, Eden and Thorgan Hazard, Meunier, .. delivering accurate passes and crosses. If our offer is 10m + Perisic, sure. Go for it, if it's anything above that fee, leave it be and focus on Jovic, Werner, ...

Long story shorter, He can succeed in a good system that's beneficial for him. If not, he's not going to be good fit and waste a lot of money
    Forza Internazionale Milano
    Buffalo KAA Gent - Belgian Champions 2014-2015

http://forzainterforums.com/showthre...=1#post1395711

31. Thanks (2): CafeCordoba, MVD

Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Delicate View Post
    I remember when I thought Benteke was the superior player

33. Thanks (2): MVD, thatdude