View Poll Results: Are you willing to have Inter spend 65 million (or more) on Lukaku to satisfy Conte?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

44 40.00%
  • No

66 60.00%
Page 66 of 125 FirstFirst ... 16566364656667686976116 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 2490

Thread: Romelu Lukaku

Fav. Player
    Skrin'o

Belarus

That all not to mention that we are desperately trying to replace Icardi with a dude who is flunking MU games under the minor injury premises?
    Aren't there too many similar comparisons for this kind of a price?
    Inter is coming

Fav. Player
    Adriano

Switzerland

Why do ManU fans want im out if the numbers actually speak for him? Or why are they indifferent whether he stays or goes?

Take a look at their forum talking about his transfer. Every other post mentions his horrible first touch. I knew it was bad, but the way they're looking forward to seeing him gone is surely worrying.

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/lukak...447592/page-58
    It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world.

3. Thanks (3): Howl, rfU, Serhio_D

Fav. Player
    JZ4

Quote Originally Posted by vitomins View Post
    2017-18: 16 goals, 7 assists in 34 league matches. In what world is that mediocre?
    For a 80M its piss poor. I don't think anyone is calling Lukaku a garbage striker. The problem is the price. Only that.

Quote Originally Posted by JJM View Post
    The key issue is having your core players in preseason training to grow the team chemistry...
    In the treble season we didn't have a complete squad until the last day of the mercato. I'd rather we take an eternity than make bad signings.
    "Last person I called "Darling" was pregnant 20 seconds later!" Lord Flashheart.

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark View Post
    Why do ManU fans want im out if the numbers actually speak for him? Or why are they indifferent whether he stays or goes?
    A lot of them also want Pogba out.

Man Utd had a shite season. So obviously their most expensive players are going to take the lions share of the blame from the fans. Its doesn't help that Pogba had a very inconsistent season, and Lukaku was worse - he even lost his guaranteed starting spot to Rashford. I watched a lot of their games last season, I can see why the fans want him out. But there were also times when Lukaku showed his qualities, even when played out of position as a winger. So I can see why Conte wants him. Lukaku's stats look worse coz he was in a dysfunctional team - Conte probably thinks he can create a functional team which will bring out the best from Lukaku.

I think players like Lukaku, Pogba and even Sanchez are at the wrong club. The Man Utd style just doesn't suit them. In case of Pogba, there were also personal issues as well as the fact that he doesn't have the kind of midfield partners to really succeed. We saw what Pogba did for France in the world cup, or what Lukaku does regularly for Belgium, or even how good Sanchez was at the Copa America this summer. They are still quality players, unfortunately at a club system which just doesn't suit them for different reasons.

6. Thanks (3): Jnr, Rain, Wobblz

Fav. Player
    Adriano

Switzerland

Quote Originally Posted by Bluenine View Post

Man Utd had a shite season. So obviously their most expensive players are going to take the lions share of the blame from the fans. Its doesn't help that Pogba had a very inconsistent season, and Lukaku was worse - he even lost his guaranteed starting spot to Rashford. I watched a lot of their games last season, I can see why the fans want him out. But there were also times when Lukaku showed his qualities, even when played out of position as a winger. So I can see why Conte wants him. Lukaku's stats look worse coz he was in a dysfunctional team - Conte probably thinks he can create a functional team which will bring out the best from Lukaku.

I think players like Lukaku, Pogba and even Sanchez are at the wrong club. The Man Utd style just doesn't suit them. In case of Pogba, there were also personal issues as well as the fact that he doesn't have the kind of midfield partners to really succeed. We saw what Pogba did for France in the world cup, or what Lukaku does regularly for Belgium, or even how good Sanchez was at the Copa America this summer. They are still quality players, unfortunately at a club system which just doesn't suit them for different reasons.
    I don't think it's correct to compare Pogba's season to Lukaku's. Pogba is a skillful versatile player capable of slotting into basically any system and I doubt his poor season was because both Mou's and OGS's style didn't suit him. I think his bad season was purely due to psychological reasons. He even had some beef with Mourinho at the very end. Then, when OGS came around he had a string of WC performances. But when the new manager's charm faded away, he went back to shit. I think he just had trouble finding motivation.

But maybe I'm wrong and Pogba can indeed only play in a specific system. You've obviously watched more games of theirs so you are the better judge.
    It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world.

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

United States

86 FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by rfU View Post
    For a 80M its piss poor. I don't think anyone is calling Lukaku a garbage striker. The problem is the price. Only that.

In the treble season we didn't have a complete squad until the last day of the mercato. I'd rather we take an eternity than make bad signings.

Then we just have different standards I guess. In my mind, 16 goals, 7 assists in the league (27 and 8 overall) is a good season. Not great or spectacular, but good. You pay the 80m because he can score that much even in a "mediocre" or "piss poor" season, but also have the ability to score 25 goals in the league like he did 3 years ago.

To be clear I do not think he is worth that amount. I just think people are making him sound much worse than he is. The problem is the market is nuts and these are the prices that float around. Mainly because of what Man U had to pay for him just 2 years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    This season is unfortunately a 5 season setback. We were 1.5 mercato away from becoming a top team, now won't really have expectations of winning an important trophy until 2025.

Fav. Player
    ur mom
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    Times - Reduced distance for Lukaku at Inter: Nerazzurri offer 60 mln pounds plus 15 bonuses, United ask for 5 more

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

10. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JJM View Post
    Times - Reduced distance for Lukaku at Inter: Nerazzurri offer 60 mln pounds plus 15 bonuses, United ask for 5 more

Man we're getting screwed by Ed fucking Woodward
    Antonio Conte: "During the season, I advise my players to have sex for short periods and with the minimum of effort, and better use positions where they are under their partners. And preferably, with their wives, because if with others, well, that needs extra action".

Fav. Player
    Squad Depth

Canada

If we're knocking down the price for Lukaku's underwhelming 18/19 then we should also accept losing a significant amount for Icardi's 18/19.

Icardi-Lukaku swap makes so much sense

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    "Madonna... un macello qua"

Fav. Player
    ur mom
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Il Drago View Post
    Man we're getting screwed by Ed fucking Woodward
    Well if the club promised Conte they gonna get Lukaku at all costs...

I wouldn't have gotten Conte at all... But my opinion doesn't matter much anyway

14. Thanks (2): Linege, MVD

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by vitomins View Post
    Then we just have different standards I guess. In my mind, 16 goals, 7 assists in the league (27 and 8 overall) is a good season. Not great or spectacular, but good. You pay the 80m because he can score that much even in a "mediocre" or "piss poor" season, but also have the ability to score 25 goals in the league like he did 3 years ago.

So Icardi with 17 goals and 6 assists in 2972 minutes qualifies as what if Lukaku with 27 goals and 9 assists in 4071 minutes is considered a "good season"? "Good" seems just slightly better in simple numbers.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

Fav. Player
    JZ4

Pogba was attitude. He was built up to be their new leader and captain going forward but his performances lacked enthusiasm and determination. Fans just had enough and rightly so. Lukaku gave a shit, putting effort but he was just wasteful and ultimately not good enough.

I think players like Lukaku, Pogba and even Sanchez are at the wrong club. The Man Utd style just doesn't suit them.
    What style? Fans demand 100% effort from their players and Pogba and Sanchez simply weren't cutting it for one reason or another (attitude, injury, etc.)

In case of Pogba, there were also personal issues as well as the fact that he doesn't have the kind of midfield partners to really succeed. We saw what Pogba did for France in the world cup
    I disagree that he had a good world cup. He has a relaxed way of playing which can rub many the wrong way. The ideal situation for Pogba is to play under another midfield leader who takes on more responsibility i.e. Vidal and Pirlo. Remember he's still young. He's been burdened with too much responsibility too soon in his career.
    "Last person I called "Darling" was pregnant 20 seconds later!" Lord Flashheart.

17. Thanks (1): CafeCordoba

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

United States

86 FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF
    So Icardi with 17 goals and 6 assists in 2972 minutes qualifies as what if Lukaku with 27 goals and 9 assists in 4071 minutes is considered a "good season"? "Good" seems just slightly better in simple numbers.
    Icardi was on pace for a great season, not just a good one. The problem is, after the Roma game on Dec 2, he started 15 more matches, and featured in 18 total (in Serie A). He scored 3 goals in those 18 matches, all of them were penalty kicks.

Lukaku on the other hand scored 8 goals in his final 18 matches, none of which were pk's.

Lukaku had a good season that stayed about the same throughout. Icardi started off with a bang, but then had a horrible second half to the season. With all the stuff that happened it is understandable, but you can't really just look at those numbers and say Icardi was better than Lukaku for the whole season because he had a better goal scoring rate. He was better in the first half of the season, especially with his CL performances, no argument there.
    This season is unfortunately a 5 season setback. We were 1.5 mercato away from becoming a top team, now won't really have expectations of winning an important trophy until 2025.

19. Thanks (2): PHM1605, varmin

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark View Post
    I don't think it's correct to compare Pogba's season to Lukaku's. Pogba is a skillful versatile player capable of slotting into basically any system and I doubt his poor season was because both Mou's and OGS's style didn't suit him. I think his bad season was purely due to psychological reasons. He even had some beef with Mourinho at the very end. Then, when OGS came around he had a string of WC performances. But when the new manager's charm faded away, he went back to shit. I think he just had trouble finding motivation.

But maybe I'm wrong and Pogba can indeed only play in a specific system. You've obviously watched more games of theirs so you are the better judge.
    Like I said, Pogba and Lukaku (and Sanchez) had an inconsistent season for different reasons.

In Pogba's case, the Mou part of the season was down to personal issues with the coach. Once Ole took over Pogba was awesome in the beginning but went back to his inconsistent levels soon enough. At that time, it wasn't personal issue, more to do with the kind of midfield partners he had and the expectation from him. At Juve, Pogba was very good because he wasn't the leader in the midfield - he had players like Pirlo, Marchisio and Vidal around him who shouldered most of that responsibility. Pogba shone through due to the flexibility that the collective quality of midfield allowed him. At Man Utd, he is expected to be the leader of a largely dysfunctional midfield that lacks quality, and a lot more is expected from him individually rather than collectively from the midfield as it was at Juventus. IMO that is one of the problems, so I can understand why he wants to move to Madrid or Juve now. Thats the way I see it.

21. Thanks (2): Linege, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Maicon
    Old name
    Black Jesus

Dominican Republic

Si chiude Conte put a rocket up Sunning’s ass.
    Platano Power
    TIMO WERNER

23. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Barella

Malaysia

Honestly i expect Icardi saying sorry publicly to Ultras, to the world and to his teammates then move on to be better player or person, I don't want Lukaku or Emile Mpenza or Emile Heskey to replace the best striker in Serie A. Lukaku is a downgrade, the whole world can see that !

I think we better spend 80m for Milinko Savic or Isco or Draxler so we can have better midfield ! Imagine behind Icardi and Lautaro we have Nainggolan, Milinko Savic, Brozo and Barella

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

If other players don't want to play with Icardi anymore, then stop forcing them to play with him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF

ok wera
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnr View Post
    I swear to god Inters squad goes from Nikolai Tesla and Einstein ( Skrino&DeVrij) to Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey the more you go up higher.

27. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Don't make this an Icardi thread, thank you.

29. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    ur mom
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

Simon Stone (BBC Sport) - Lukaku? The problem is that Manchester want 80 million and Inter don't have the money

31. Thanks (1): MVD