Page 12 of 68 FirstFirst ... 291011121314152262 ... LastLast

Thread: Romelu Lukaku

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Egypt

10 years of FIF Most Diverse Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by BasedGodPunk View Post
    Lose Icardi who’s a better version of Lukaku, then pay more for Lukaku than we’ll get for Icardi. Sounds about Inter to me.
    Then it's August and we havnt bought a quality midfielder yet, another motherfucken season with Vecino-Gagliardini.

Quote Originally Posted by GenDire View Post
    They should put the whole squad on the sex offender list for exposing themselves in front of 10,000 children

2. Thanks (2): Dylan, MVD

Fav. Player
    Adriano

Belgium

I have no doubt he'll score at least 10-15 goals for us. But it just doesn't warrant the price of 70m. There's also no point in signing him when your wingers are "Give zero shit" Perisic & "No accuracy" Politano. Followed by walking blunder Asamoah and what, Cédric?

Lukaku needs at least one creative force beside him at the attack or at least one creative winger with good crossing abilities. We lack both
    Forza Internazionale Milano
    Buffalo KAA Gent - Belgian Champions 2014-2015

http://forzainterforums.com/showthre...=1#post1395711

4. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    We won't play with wingers, we will play with wingbacks in a totally different system compared to what Spalletti used.

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

United States

86 FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    We won't play with wingers, we will play with wingbacks in a totally different system compared to what Spalletti used.

Makes more sense to create lineups and bitch about them before we even know what the team looks like.
    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    This season is unfortunately a 5 season setback. We were 1.5 mercato away from becoming a top team, now won't really have expectations of winning an important trophy until 2025.

Fav. Player
    De Vrij

Netherlands

82 Anti-Barca Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Reco1986 View Post
    Ehh, well no, I'm not a fanboy. Not at all even. I'm not a fan of players, I'm a fan of a club.
    It's just funny to see people downgrading a striker like Lukaku based on one season. I'm not the fanboy here, you're just a hater.
    Not really. And nothing is based on one season. Lukaku has been a big game choker for his entire career. He's a flat (and now fat) track bully who just does not turn up against the big teams. Over his entire career, he's literally been 80% less likely to score against a top 6 PL team than any other striker in a top 6 PL team. And over his entire career, in both club and national team football less than 15% of his goals were made against quality teams. His stats are among the most deceiving of all time, and ManU will laugh their ass off if they manage to shove this cow off to us for more than 20m because of it, let alone 75m.

Even if you do count the 'weak' teams, over his entire span at ManUnited he has a goals per game ratio of 0.33%. This is not good by any means for a supposed 75m striker in a top 6 PL team.
    And you can bet that he will fail utterly against the concrete walls even the minor teams put up in Serie A. Because he is slow, his first touch is ass and he is just not very gifted.

In fact, his record against the only Italian team he has played against this season (JuBe) is worrying enough on its own.
    2 full games;
    1 shot
    0 shots on target
    0 key passes
    32 touches (fewest of any outfield player)
    72.7% pass accuracy (worst of any player that started)

And yeah, these stats are from his 'one bad season', but this is the present. His present performance, and that is the only thing that counts for us.

His flat track bully status was proven on the world cup 2018. Did he do some useful things in other departments during the Brazil game? Yeah, but only because he failed so utterly at scoring in the first place. He had to leave scoring to the midfielders.

He's officially a flop in the worst ManUnited team in a decade, to the point where they want to get rid of him. And now they want to shove him off to us for 75m. It doesn't take a hater to not want this. No sane person would want this!
    I just can't see how Lukaku is gonna have any kind of success here, and thus this feels like a financially damaging disaster to our club.

Get used to seeing this image every year guys, only with out jersey on him and with the club badges edited to Jube, Bbilan, Roma, Napoli and Lazio.
    Bwahahahaha!!! What man would voluntarily impregnate a woman while being sober?! Our fathers were all drunk.
    -Lionheart
    Get your fucking shit together you worthless, spineless, brainless fucking cunts.
    -Universe
    FUCK BARCA

8. Thanks (6): hitmax, MVD, Nothing, SiamoNoi, William, _OC_

Fav. Player
    Emre + Martins
    Old name
    Wolf's Rain

Turkey

Tbf I think he'd score against Milan. Most do

10. Thanks (1): MVD

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Yeah, this has "worst transfer in Inter's history" written all over it.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

12. Thanks (1): SiamoNoi

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

United States

86 FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF
    I remember a couple good performances against top teams this season:

- 2 goals against PSG
    - 2 assists and best player on the pitch in the FA Cup against Arsenal

The season before he contributed against big teams as well:
    - assisted the game winner against Tottenham in the FA Cup semifinal
    - goal and assist in 2-1 win against Chelsea
    - goal against Sevilla in the second leg and probably man of the match
    - assist on the first goal in 2-1 win against Liverpool
    - goal against Real Madrid in the Super Cup
    - assisted the lone goal in a 1-0 win over Tottenham

He also scored against all of those teams when he played for Everton. I understand you are saying his numbers are lower against better teams, but do you have any stats on the amount of chances he gets in those games? Maybe his entire team is shit against better teams and he gets fewer chances? You have to look at the bigger picture. You show those stats about touches against Juve, but did you ever think maybe his team just couldn't get him the ball because they were bad? It could work both ways which is why you can't predict the future based on numbers like that.

Now if you tell me he has the same amount of chances/shots against the bigger teams and scores that many fewer goals, then that is worrying. However, I am going to guess he has fewer chances against those teams which leads to the lower goal numbers. And lower chances could be because of him or the rest of his team. I guess only someone who watches every single one of his games can give more information on that. Where are you monster?
    This season is unfortunately a 5 season setback. We were 1.5 mercato away from becoming a top team, now won't really have expectations of winning an important trophy until 2025.

14. Thanks (1): sikman

Fav. Player
    Adriano

Belgium

Yeah, this has "worst transfer in Inter's history" written all over it.
    I have not been the most supportive of Lukaku, but this goes too far imo.

He'll actually play games here (compared to Gabigol) and I see him performing well in Conte's system. Players like K-Dog, Joao Mario, Gabigol, Quaresma, Mancini for their prices are waaay worse.

Lukaku would be a good transfer if it was like something in the range of 30m + Perisic or so.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Native View Post
    His flat track bully status was proven on the world cup 2018. Did he do some useful things in other departments during the Brazil game? Yeah, but only because he failed so utterly at scoring in the first place. He had to leave scoring to the midfielders.

He's officially a flop in the worst ManUnited team in a decade, to the point where they want to get rid of him. And now they want to shove him off to us for 75m. It doesn't take a hater to not want this. No sane person would want this!
    I just can't see how Lukaku is gonna have any kind of success here, and thus this feels like a financially damaging disaster to our club.
    Sweet lord, how is it his fault Manchester paid 75M for him? I agree he's nowhere near worth 70m, not even 40m. He has not been god awful against top teams at all

And even so, There's 19 teams in this competition he'll play against, if he doesn't score against the 5 you mention, he'll still score plenty against the 14 other ones.

I'll even bet you he'll do well against Serie A defenses, since he'll not be bullied around physically. I also think he did 'okay' on the world cup. His workrate against Brazil helped the team out a lot. Of course a striker wil get judged on his statistics, but he did okay after all. They can't all be Luuk De Jong's who score 30 goals in the Eredivisie.

Tl;dr

Stop hating on Lukaku. I'm no fan of the fucker by anymeans, but he certainly won't be the worst striker we had. In a good system, with a good coach he can do some damage here.

His price is too much, I agree.

16. Thanks (2): MVD, Wings

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinB View Post
    I have not been the most supportive of Lukaku, but this goes too far imo.
    If we cave to a 70m valuation and give him over 6m net and a 4-5 year contract, then yes. Possibly our worst transfer of all time because he is doomed to fail here. And by fail I mean those are figured you give for a potential club legend that wins you trophies. I don't think he'd ever have a better season than Duvan Zapata had and we'll want to offload him but won't be able to after at most 2 seasons.

I actually like and rate(d) Lukaku, but he's incompatible here. I'd only take him as a 3rd striker in a formation with 2 up front.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

18. Thanks (1): SiamoNoi

Kazakhstan

Best Forum Newcomer
    70m divided by Inter's potential revenues next season which should exceed 400m euros is not that bad. JM+Gabigol transfers were much worse since we had much lower revenues and they made close to 0 impact. Lukaku will be useful against minor opposition, hence 30 out of 38 games domestically.
    “Is shitting on any moment of decency part of your job description?”

At Inter. With Inter.
    To Europa League.

Fav. Player
    Kova Magic

United States

I don't think he will do terrible at Inter, Maybe a 15-20 goal season but his first touch is awful and the amount they want him for is ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
    There is going to be at least 1 game in the year where Nainggolan, Brozovic and Vidal click perfectly and absolutely mouth fuck some poor team's midfield.

I can't wait.

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    If we wanted a striker for minor oppositions, we could get Zapata for almost half the price (I assume Zapata could be had for 45-50m€, whereas Lukaku's price at least for now is 80m€).

I'm predicting we are trying a loan deal. It might be even United's interest since if he's not OGS's first choice to the attack, his value will take a deep dive next season.

22. Thanks (1): Dylan

Fav. Player
    Zanetti, Eto'o

Croatia

Quote Originally Posted by Zoro View Post
    Tbf I think he'd score against Milan. Most do
    Bring back Schelotto, he'll score against BB. Again.

24. Thanks (1): Zoro

Fav. Player
    Adriano

Belgium

If we cave to a 70m valuation and give him over 6m net and a 4-5 year contract, then yes. Possibly our worst transfer of all time because he is doomed to fail here. And by fail I mean those are figured you give for a potential club legend that wins you trophies. I don't think he'd ever have a better season than Duvan Zapata had and we'll want to offload him but won't be able to after at most 2 seasons.

I actually like and rate(d) Lukaku, but he's incompatible here. I'd only take him as a 3rd striker in a formation with 2 up front.
    Why is he so doomed to fail here? Those prices are sadly the norm now. 70m feels like the new 40m back in the day. Just look at how much we'll have to spend for Barella, Chiesa. How much Barcelona spent on De Jong, how much De Ligt is valued nowadays. Okay, age, you can take that into consideration.

We don't know if we'll get trophies with Lukaku. But same can be said for instance if we'd get Griezmann or Messi. Our squad is too thin and unbalanced. But we do have a good defense. You compare Lukaku to Zapata. But this is Zapata's first season he scored over 20 goals. Last season was Lukaku's second season he scores fewer than 15 goals.

Zapata might as well be an one season wonder. Whereas Lukaku has a proven record.
    According to wikipedia, Zapata has 103 goals in 301 games, whereas Lukaku has 187 in 413 while being 2 years younger.

Lukaku - Martinez up front might work, IF Conte gets his physical level top. Lukaku's very fond of Conte so I'll doubt he'll want to disappoint him.

Again, I'd prefer Werner or Depay as strikers above Lukaku. But I really think you exagerrate with the hate. If you hate the fucker, do it for the right reasons, ergo his abysmal first touch and his tendency to miss the dumbest sitters.

26. Thanks (4): MVD, thatdude, vex, wera

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

By the way, can someone explain why Conte and Lukaku like each other so much? I can't remember those two working together.
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. It’s never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. It’s a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    — Massimo Moratti

28. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    De Vrij

Netherlands

82 Anti-Barca Forum Supporter
    Criticism and skepticism are not hate. In the end of the day, I hope I am dead wrong and that he will suddenly burst into his highest self when he is with us, wrecking our opponents in the league apart. I mean who doesn't want that.

It's just that literally everything points to the contrary, and the annoyance with the fact that our management seems to be way too easily willing to risk a catastrophic financial blunder despite that, as if they've never learned from the last billion ones.
    Bwahahahaha!!! What man would voluntarily impregnate a woman while being sober?! Our fathers were all drunk.
    -Lionheart
    Get your fucking shit together you worthless, spineless, brainless fucking cunts.
    -Universe
    FUCK BARCA

30. Thanks (4): brakbrak, MVD, SiamoNoi, _OC_

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    70m€ is definitely not a "norm" now. Very few clubs can actually afford such prices.

But we will not buy him outright unless we can sell Icardi for around the same value, that's my prediction. I also predict we can't sell Icardi for a respectable price so Lukaku comes on loan if he comes at all.

32. Thanks (1): GenDire

Fav. Player
    Adriano

Belgium

Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    70m€ is definitely not a "norm" now. Very few clubs can actually afford such prices.

But we will not buy him outright unless we can sell Icardi for around the same value, that's my prediction. I also predict we can't sell Icardi for a respectable price so Lukaku comes on loan if he comes at all.
    I meant norm in what the clubs ask for their players. As we have seen with Chiesa, Pépé, ... I'm not saying they are worth 70m, but it's what their clubs demand for their players.

34. Thanks (1): MVD

Italy

An old saying goes that an item is exactly worth as much people are willing to spend for it.

Which may not necessarily be the same as the price.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

36. Thanks (3): CafeCordoba, MVD, Wobblz