View Poll Results: Are you willing to have Inter spend 65 million (or more) on Lukaku to satisfy Conte?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

21 30.88%
  • No

47 69.12%
Page 39 of 72 FirstFirst ... 293637383940414249 ... LastLast

Thread: Romelu Lukaku

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

With CL and a recognisable well established winning coach like Conte - many players.
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. Itís never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. Itís a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    ó Massimo Moratti

2. Thanks (3): Il Drago, MVD, thatdude

Belgium

Quote Originally Posted by Wobblz View Post
    With CL and a recognisable well established winning coach like Conte - many players.
    Okay, can you list some options for an Icardi replacement which you would prefer over Lukaku?

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    I would try Zapata though the saving might be about 20-25m€ which is one Lazaro/Sensi.

Fav. Player
    ur mom
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    Haller, Maxi Gomez, Werner, Zapata

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

6. Thanks (2): Il Drago, MVD

Fav. Player
    Wallace
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quagliarella, we'd love him to teach some stuff to Lautoro.
    Wallace

8. Thanks (1): Linege

Belgium

Let me start by saying that I feel the replacement of Icardi should be a replacement of the goals he scored years in years out for Inter. We need goal scoring capabilities, we don't need a creator as a replacement, we need a finisher. That said, I agree that statistics are not everything, but they shouldn't be discared either. Data can be twisted to prove every argument right, I know, but if you look at statistics for many years in a row it can be valuable.

Let me compare Lukaku with the strikers mentioned above:

Lukaku - 26-year old, proven track record in the Premier League and National Team. Scored more than 15 goals in the league in 7 out of 9 seasons in which he played more than 10 games. Scored 12 goals this season (26 games) in the Premier League, season considered a failure.

Haller - 25-year old, nobody really heard of him before this season. Scored more than 15 goals in the league in 1 out of 7 seasons in which he played more than 10 games. Scored 14 goals this season (27 games) in the Bundesliga, season considered a big success.

Maxi Gomez - 22-year old, played 2 seasons for a mid-table team (at best) in La Liga. Scored more than 15 goals in the league in 1 out of 2 season in which he played more than 10 games. Scored 13 goals this season (33 games) in La Liga, season considered a success.

Timo Werner - 23-year old, had a major breakthrough in his first year at Leipzig 3 years ago. Scored more than 15 goals in the league in 2 out of 6 seasons in which he played more than 10 games. I have to admit I'm counting the seasons he played at Stuttgart too even if he was really young back then (I did the same for Lukaku). If I don't count them it would be 2 out 3 seasons. Scored 16 goals this season (30 games) in the Bundesliga, season considered a success.

Duvan Zapata - 28 year old, played in the Serie A for many years and is widely known. Scored more than 15 goals in the league in 1 out of 6 seasons in which he played more than 10 games. Scored 23 goals this season (37 games) in the Serie A, season considered a major success.

Except for Timo Werner, I don't see any competition on Lukaku really.
    Haller is a decent striker, which had a decent season for a great performing team. There is a reason he isn't sold already like a few of his teammates.
    Maxi Gomez could be a decent prospect, but it's in my opinion a bigger risk than Lukaku. Of course he's also cheaper than Lukaku. He's not a replacement for Icardi.
    Duvan Zapata is a good striker, but he failed to deliver for Napoli, Udinese and Sampdoria. He has 1 great season and suddenly he's to be our savior? I would pass.
    Timo Werner is a great striker, but I doubt he would be much cheaper than Lukaku. I would be surprised he would be interested in coming to Inter, but you never know.

Out of all these options I would choose Lukaku without any doubt with Werner as a close second if he would like to come. The rest are, according to me, not valid alternatives.
    Plus Lukaku is the type of player our new coach requests and not only the type he is the specific guy he wants for the job.

10. Thanks (8): Che, chhstr, Jnr, Linege, Rain, thatdude, vex, wera

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

We should get Maxi Lopez - sure way to shoo Wandito away.
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. Itís never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. Itís a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    ó Massimo Moratti

12. Thanks (2): ElDuccio, MVD

Fav. Player
    Maicon

Spain

10 years of FIF
    Maxi Gomez has the potential to score 20-25 in Serie A. We gotta think he was playing for one of the worst teams of the first division, mediocre supporting cast. It looks like he will sign with Valencia anyway...

Belgium

Quote Originally Posted by Alex de Large View Post
    Maxi Gomez has the potential to score 20-25 in Serie A. We gotta think he was playing for one of the worst teams of the first division, mediocre supporting cast. It looks like he will sign with Valencia anyway...
    Could be indeed, Lukaku has that potential too with greater odds.

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Italy

Both Lukaku and Martial are missing from squad training today, doing separate gym work by themselves.
    Inter Banter Era; 2011-2018 Mudingayi, Schelotto, Rocchi Gone but not forgotten

16. Thanks (3): Il Drago, MVD, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    From Samuel Luckhurst, MU reporter for Manchester Evening News, twitter:

Romelu Lukaku is not training with the MU squad this evening. MU say Lukaku and Anthony Martial are ‘doing alternative gym-based training’ tonight. Lukaku believed to have a ‘little problem’, so feeling is better for him not to risk anything.
    Luis Figo: "When I signed for Inter it was simply about looking for football happiness."

18. Thanks (3): MVD, thatdude, YoramG

Fav. Player
    Doina Turcanu

Tokelau

69 Forum Supporter
    There is flu virus around Manchester at the moment.
    FC INTERNAZIONALE

I thought football in Italy had changed, but it seems that a zebra never changes its stripes.
    FAK GOBBY

20. Thanks (7): Dylan, KevinB, Linege, Lionheart, MVD, n4l, Rain

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by JJM View Post
    Haller, Maxi Gomez, Werner, Zapata
    If you are complaining about the cost of Lukaku and want to save some money, I can understand. But quality-wise, I would much rather have Lukaku than any of the above strikers. And I don't even like Lukaku.

22. Thanks (4): Che, Kev9Inter, thatdude, vex

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Our resources are not unlimited so the cost of players are always a part of the equation.

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    Who were the players Conte requested (and kicked out) during his 2nd season in Chelsea? Didn't he request drinkwater, bakayoko and morata, at the expense of matic & diego costa? And bring in sideshow bob?

What else did he do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnr View Post
    I swear to god Inters squad goes from Nikolai Tesla and Einstein ( Skrino&DeVrij) to Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey the more you go up higher.

26. Thanks (1): Linege

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    He specifically requested Lukaku and when Marina tried her games and refused to pay what Everton wanted, Lukaku went to United and Marina did a panic buy in the form of Morata.

28. Thanks (1): Linege

Fav. Player
    Diego Milito

Russian Federation

why other top teams in EPL dont want him? he is fucken big flop right?

why he wants to play here?
    Inter Banter era 2011-

InterHypeTrain=Suning-Marotta-Conte-Lazaro-Sensi

Fav. Player
    Solskjśr

India

18 Forum Supporter Nostradamus
    Quote Originally Posted by Linege View Post
    why other top teams in EPL dont want him? he is fucken big flop right?

why he wants to play here?
    He wants to play in Serie A, his agent said few months ago that it was his dream to play in many leagues. Apart from that ManUtd won't sell him to any team in the league.

Even if we agree to sell, Liverpool and City are always out of the equation, Spurs have Kane, Chelsea are banned from transfers, Arsenal have Auba and don't have any money.

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    Last edited by n4l; 11 Jul 19 at 12:52. Reason: nvm....i'm not in the arguing mode anymore lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnr View Post
    I swear to god Inters squad goes from Nikolai Tesla and Einstein ( Skrino&DeVrij) to Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey the more you go up higher.