View Poll Results: Are you willing to have Inter spend 65 million (or more) on Lukaku to satisfy Conte?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

44 40.00%
  • No

66 60.00%
Page 43 of 125 FirstFirst ... 33404142434445465393 ... LastLast

Thread: Romelu Lukaku

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Choppin Onions View Post
    This has classic Inter potential to blow up in our faces in the worst way I'm not even hating on Lukaku or have any type of problems with him as a player or person. We're just "that club" where something goes catastrophically wrong and spending 85m on a player fits into that criteria.
    Exactly. I'm just conditioned to things going bad. Everything that can go wrong, will go wrong at Inter.

I like to think we're not making Conte the best paid coach in the country for no reason. I like to think that's a sign of intent, that we intend to seriously compete at the very top in the not-too-distant future. I like to think Conte and Marotta's records will continue here and lead to some stability and success. But this is Inter. The bigger the gambles, the bigger the reward, but also the bigger risk of catastrophic failure

Lukaku for €75-80m, Conte's #1 wages, forcing Nainggolan out, forcing Icardi out (most likely at a cut price to juve).. all lot of these moves seem like massive risks. And at Inter, what can go wrong....[complete the sentence]....
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fav. Player
    Stefan de Vrij
    Old name
    Toninu

Brazil

71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    I can't see Lukaku flopping here, but if he does it's all on him, we barely have any striker so he'll definitely be having A LOT of game time.
    JUVELITE ERA !!!

#RIPRENDIRAFINHA #CRESPOINLGI

GRAZIE LUCIANO!

WELCOME TO THE JUVELITE ERA

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Europe

Forum Supporter
    I read that we are now sounding out alternatives

Venezuela

This is probably gonna the worst transfer we ever have done, not only I think he'll be a massive disappointment (not a complete flop since he should score at least 10 goals) for that price but I also think he'll suffer either a big injury or a lot of minors injuries here, he gained too much mass in too little time and he's clumsy as hell, it's very likely that would go wrong.
    "Si chiamerà Internazionale, perchè noi siamo fratelli del mondo"

"It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world"

5. Thanks (1): Linege

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Sqnalkel View Post
    This is probably gonna the worst transfer we ever have done, not only I think he'll be a massive disappointment (not a complete flop since he should score at least 10 goals) for that price but I also think he'll suffer either a big injury or a lot of minors injuries here, he gained too much mass in too little time and he's clumsy as hell, it's very likely that would go wrong.
    I think Lukaku will be frustrating, but he will score about 20 goals a season at Inter. His goal scoring record isn't much worse than Icardi or Kane. And he is built like a tank, an attribute Conte is likely to use to make him our first defender - something Icardi just does not do.

That said, there is no way in hell that Marotta will pay 83m for Lukaku (unless some inflated price player swaps are a part of the deal). If Man Utd don't lower their demands, Inter will target someone else... maybe Zapata + Dzeko. There are already some rumours about Inter looking at Rebic as an alternative, though in what way he is a Lukaku alternative is beyond me.
    Last edited by Bluenine; 12 Jul 19 at 11:19.

7. Thanks (2): Bergpavian, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Maicon

Spain

10 years of FIF
    A striker i would throw 100m is Heung-min SON but he is not similar to Lukaku

I was thinking about other TOP strikers to spend a lot of money on them. But they are all freaking old: Suarez, Lewandowski, Aguero. On step behind Cavani, Falcao... Aubameyang already 30.

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex de Large View Post
    A striker i would throw 100m is Heung-min SON but he is not similar to Lukaku

I was thinking about other TOP strikers to spend a lot of money on them. But they are all freaking old: Suarez, Lewandowski, Aguero. On step behind Cavani, Falcao... Aubameyang already 30.
    Arsenal wanted Perisic to replace Auba. I would do that swap if that means we save 70-80m on Lukaku.

10. Thanks (1): Rasha

Fav. Player
    JZ4

Quote Originally Posted by Toninu View Post
    I can't see Lukaku flopping here, but if he does it's all on him, we barely have any striker so he'll definitely be having A LOT of game time.
    For 70-80M I'm expecting goals versus Juve, Napoli, Roma, etc but going by his track record versus top opposition it's not likely.
    "Last person I called "Darling" was pregnant 20 seconds later!" Lord Flashheart.

12. Thanks (3): Linege, Native, Sqnalkel

Fav. Player
    Vieri, Baggio

Austria

Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluenine View Post
    There are already some rumours about Inter looking at Rebic as an alternative, though in what way he is a Lukaku alternative is beyond me.
    Thank you. When I read that rumours I already though: "Okay, I really have no clue about football."

Fav. Player
    NOT Il Capitano

Falkland Islands

0 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    I have a feeling that Lukaku, once he comes, will make many people eat crow.
    IO SONO INTERISTA

15. Thanks (4): ElDuccio, Kakaroto, thatdude, Ziyad

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by rockball View Post
    I have a feeling that Lukaku, once he comes, will make many people eat crow.
    I have the exact opposite feeling.

I think he's gonna be Morata-Chelsea level flop here....
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnr View Post
    I swear to god Inters squad goes from Nikolai Tesla and Einstein ( Skrino&DeVrij) to Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey the more you go up higher.

17. Thanks (2): Linege, Sqnalkel

Fav. Player
    NOT Il Capitano

Falkland Islands

0 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    From the little-but-not-negligible that I've seen of him, he has a decent all round game and mental strength to not be a fucking failure like Morata.
    IO SONO INTERISTA

19. Thanks (2): ElDuccio, thatdude

England

Hello guys, Im a Manchester United fan and signed up to talk about Lukaku as it seems like he will be leaving to join Inter Milan.

Romelu is vastly underrated in general. He has an amazing record for Belgium and the year before he joined us he managed to score 25 goals in the league alone. I can describe what he is best at and perhaps you can decide on whether his game will be effective at Inter Milan.

First of all, he is actually not that strong with his back to goal, although his link up when the ball is played across the ground is better than given credit for. It is true that his first touch is inconsistent but when he gets the link up right it is difficult to deal with when he managed to peel off defenders due to his power and pace.

When he drifts to the right and side he had a VERY good cross. He usually shifts the ball on to his left and puts in dangerous crosses. He is in fact the best crosser at Manchester United, although that’s not saying much considering the other players are terrible at crossing. This poses a problem for him in our team as the delivery is one of the worst in the entire league, no exaggeration.

When we finished 2nd, he did not receive credit for his work occupying the opposing CB’s which allowed spaces for other players to score. You may have seen Lingard scoring goals at an increased rate the season before last season due to this. So if you have midfielders which are adept from the edge of the box, Lukaku is useful to free space for them.

His through ball and passing is also underrated. He does not get many chances to show this at Manchester United, but he is very capable of playing through balls and disguised passes in behind for other forwards and intelligent runners.

I think Ole wants Rashford to be first choice due to his energy and dynamic play, so Rom is likely leaving as he wants to be first choice. I’m not sure if you have signed Dzeko yet but Lukaku in my opinion is more than good enough to lead the line, so long as there is delivery and runs around him.

It must also be said that Conte badly wanted him at Chelsea, but we swooped in and took him. You should trust Conte’s judgement on this signing, he knows exactly what he is getting with Lukaku.

Fav. Player
    Schneckerl

Austria

7 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by redmou View Post
    Hello guys, Im a Manchester United fan and signed up to talk about Lukaku as it seems like he will be leaving to join Inter Milan.

Romelu is vastly underrated in general. He has an amazing record for Belgium and the year before he joined us he managed to score 25 goals in the league alone. I can describe what he is best at and perhaps you can decide on whether his game will be effective at Inter Milan.

First of all, he is actually not that strong with his back to goal, although his link up when the ball is played across the ground is better than given credit for. It is true that his first touch is inconsistent but when he gets the link up right it is difficult to deal with when he managed to peel off defenders due to his power and pace.

When he drifts to the right and side he had a VERY good cross. He usually shifts the ball on to his left and puts in dangerous crosses. He is in fact the best crosser at Manchester United, although that’s not saying much considering the other players are terrible at crossing. This poses a problem for him in our team as the delivery is one of the worst in the entire league, no exaggeration.

When we finished 2nd, he did not receive credit for his work occupying the opposing CB’s which allowed spaces for other players to score. You may have seen Lingard scoring goals at an increased rate the season before last season due to this. So if you have midfielders which are adept from the edge of the box, Lukaku is useful to free space for them.

His through ball and passing is also underrated. He does not get many chances to show this at Manchester United, but he is very capable of playing through balls and disguised passes in behind for other forwards and intelligent runners.

I think Ole wants Rashford to be first choice due to his energy and dynamic play, so Rom is likely leaving as he wants to be first choice. I’m not sure if you have signed Dzeko yet but Lukaku in my opinion is more than good enough to lead the line, so long as there is delivery and runs around him.

It must also be said that Conte badly wanted him at Chelsea, but we swooped in and took him. You should trust Conte’s judgement on this signing, he knows exactly what he is getting with Lukaku.
    Your opinion: how much is he really worth in todays football mercato (considering that a not-PL team wants him, so the prices are not that high)
    Inter clueless management with no strategy and wasting tons of money. every year, again and again

England

Quote Originally Posted by Sokrates View Post
    Your opinion: how much is he really worth in todays football mercato (considering that a not-PL team wants him, so the prices are not that high)
    60-65 million pounds sterling. Although you have to consider that he is unlikely to disrespect the club and push for a move aggressively and that the Inter board made it difficult for us to sign Perisic. The fact that you are trying to structure the payments into 3 years is also a problem. If you are going to do that, you should really be paying more over the 3 years.

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Italy

I often find that United fans still bring up our 'hardass' attitude to you guys signing Perisic. I think you guys feel we were asking ridiculous things, whereas we feel like we were being lowballed by you because we had to make capital gains for FFP compliance. How do you feel about it?

Also thanks for joining us, always nice to have other fans around here from time to time
    Inter Banter Era; 2011-2018 Mudingayi, Schelotto, Rocchi Gone but not forgotten

24. Thanks (1): thatdude

England

Quote Originally Posted by YoramG View Post
    I often find that United fans still bring up our 'hardass' attitude to you guys signing Perisic. I think you guys feel we were asking ridiculous things, whereas we feel like we were being lowballed by you because we had to make capital gains for FFP compliance. How do you feel about it?

Also thanks for joining us, always nice to have other fans around here from time to time
    I do think we tried to take advantage of your FFP situation, but I think after the deadline had passed and you had made the necessary sales to comply, we upped our offer and you were asking for 50 million for Perisic. I think at one point you guys asked for Martial as well. Regardless, the PL market is crazy and we have to get as much as we can to make up for it. Wan Bissaka has been purchased for 50 million after 1 season and Leicester are asking for 80 million to sign Harry Maguire, so you can imagine our predicament.

26. Thanks (3): MVD, thatdude, YoramG

Fav. Player
    Solskjær

India

18 Forum Supporter Nostradamus
    Quote Originally Posted by YoramG View Post

It's same for every transfer. Buying club fans feels the other club is asking for ridiculous price, the selling club fans thinks the other club is making low ball bids.

- - - Updated - - -

Manchester United and Internazionale are €13.5m apart in their valuation of Romelu Lukaku after the Premier League club turned down an opening offer of €70m paid over two years.

The Inter sporting director, Piero Ausilio, was in London on Thursday to discuss a potential transfer of the Belgium international but, as expected, no solution was found on the day.

The player is keen to make the move but United value him at €83.5m (£75m) and the Serie A club will now have to decide whether to make a new offer or miss out on a player their new manager, Antonio Conte, desperately wants to sign.

Inter’s first offer comprised a €10m payment for the loan this summer and then further instalments of €30m in 2020 and €30m in 2021.
    https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jul/12/romelu-lukaku-inter-manchester-united-bid

28. Thanks (5): ADRossi, Che, MVD, thatdude, YoramG

Serbia

Quote Originally Posted by redmou View Post
    So if you have midfielders which are adept from the edge of the box, Lukaku is useful to free space for them.
    We don't.

The problem I have with Lukaku is that missing a sitter is considerably more severe in Italy than in England. In England you will get one or two more clear cut chances per match, not saying that Italian football is superior but defending is a lot more tactical. We already are losing Icardi and have Lautaro who is not that great at finishing himself, yet at least. To pair him up in a starting duo with a notoriously poor first touch/finisher would be a destructive combination. I appreciate Lukaku's tendency to drop down and steal ball in the final third of the pitch, but that is not too useful if he will immediately waste the chance.

Can you chime in with your opinion on Lukaku's fluctuating weight, how big of a problem was that in actuality from point of view of someone who, I assume, watched majority of ManUtd matches?
    What high-profile strikers is your club rumored to replace him with?

Perisic is massively overrated but if you guys could take him for about 45mil that would be pretty neato. Welcome to the forum by the way.

30. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Radamel Fkingco

Colombia

10 years of FIF
    He misses way too many sitters to be 80 million euro and he won’t have the space he needs in Italy

Another issue is it is such a huge gamble for a team with no money that is about to spend 600 million on a stadium(we pay half)

Lukaku is good but he isn’t better then Icardi and will want more wages which is what pissed off Icardi in the first place.

He failed at Man U and now they want the same price or to make a gain on a 2 year failure? Are we selling Gabigol and Joao for more then we paid?
    VAR is some serious Bullshit!

32. Thanks (1): TiGrr