View Poll Results: Are you willing to have Inter spend 65 million (or more) on Lukaku to satisfy Conte?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

44 40.00%
  • No

66 60.00%
Page 13 of 125 FirstFirst ... 3101112131415162363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Romelu Lukaku

Fav. Player
    Youth team

Canada

Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    If we wanted a striker for minor oppositions, we could get Zapata for almost half the price (I assume Zapata could be had for 45-50m€, whereas Lukaku's price at least for now is 80m€).

I'm predicting we are trying a loan deal. It might be even United's interest since if he's not OGS's first choice to the attack, his value will take a deep dive next season.
    I'd love Zapata as well, but I just can't see Atalanta in sell mode. They are also getting Muriel.
    FORZA INTER TILL I DIE! Mi chiamo Salvatore.

Fav. Player
    Doina Turcanu

Tokelau

69 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinB View Post
    Why is he so doomed to fail here? Those prices are sadly the norm now. 70m feels like the new 40m back in the day. Just look at how much we'll have to spend for Barella, Chiesa. How much Barcelona spent on De Jong, how much De Ligt is valued nowadays. Okay, age, you can take that into consideration.

We don't know if we'll get trophies with Lukaku. But same can be said for instance if we'd get Griezmann or Messi. Our squad is too thin and unbalanced. But we do have a good defense. You compare Lukaku to Zapata. But this is Zapata's first season he scored over 20 goals. Last season was Lukaku's second season he scores fewer than 15 goals.

Zapata might as well be an one season wonder. Whereas Lukaku has a proven record.
    According to wikipedia, Zapata has 103 goals in 301 games, whereas Lukaku has 187 in 413 while being 2 years younger.

Lukaku - Martinez up front might work, IF Conte gets his physical level top. Lukaku's very fond of Conte so I'll doubt he'll want to disappoint him.

Again, I'd prefer Werner or Depay as strikers above Lukaku. But I really think you exagerrate with the hate. If you hate the fucker, do it for the right reasons, ergo his abysmal first touch and his tendency to miss the dumbest sitters.
    Lukaku is not good because he plays in EPL. Zapata is better because he plays in the best league, Serie A.
    FC INTERNAZIONALE

I thought football in Italy had changed, but it seems that a zebra never changes its stripes.
    FAK GOBBY

3. Thanks (1): Alex de Large

United States

I feel like Lukaku will kill it under Conte. Very confident he will get the most out of him. What happens after Conte leaves I don’t know but I have a strong feeling that as long as he’s healthy Lukaku will do very well here.

Pairing him with either Martinez or Dybala is a win for me.

5. Thanks (5): bjwam4, InterFCAustin, Lui, MVD, vex

Syria

10 years of FIF
    Wait, isn't this deal kinda dead anyway? So your opinions don't matter...

Shame.

Colombia

I guess I wouldn’t mind getting him IF WE ALREADY BOUGHT A WORLD CLASS MIDFIELDER that should really be the priority, and it doesn’t look like we will.

I agree it might be the worst singing of our history, I just don’t seee him succeeding here.

If we do the swap of Icardi and dybala then I doubt we can get Lukaku. nobody else wants to buy Icardi.

I would have thought PSG would want him but it looks like they had enough from Neymar and Rabiot diva behavior.

8. Thanks (1): CafeCordoba

Fav. Player

Belgium

Lukaku talks alot.... He has accomplished alot for his young age, but still........he talks to much for his own liking.

Lukaku will get his stats, score his goals, but he lacks the killer instinct to be a great striker for a great team. Lukaku would do well for teams like Roma or Napoli, but I hardly doubt he'll be able to handle the pressure of playing for Inter. We have seen some of the best strikers play for Inter, we have been treated well. Lukaku is not on that level and I expect the crowd to boo him alot.

10. Thanks (2): CafeCordoba, SiamoNoi

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    It all depends on Icardi really. If and when we can't sell him for cash, we will swap him for Dybala. Latter one makes 7.5m€ a season, we aren't going to buy another player for 80m€ to come here and make the same money. It's at most a loan. Maybe if Radja and Perisic goes away too, that might release enough room to salary budget.

Fav. Player
    Solskjær

India

18 Forum Supporter Nostradamus
    Quote Originally Posted by vitomins View Post
    I remember a couple good performances against top teams this season:

- 2 goals against PSG
    - 2 assists and best player on the pitch in the FA Cup against Arsenal

The season before he contributed against big teams as well:
    - assisted the game winner against Tottenham in the FA Cup semifinal
    - goal and assist in 2-1 win against Chelsea
    - goal against Sevilla in the second leg and probably man of the match
    - assist on the first goal in 2-1 win against Liverpool
    - goal against Real Madrid in the Super Cup
    - assisted the lone goal in a 1-0 win over Tottenham

He also scored against all of those teams when he played for Everton. I understand you are saying his numbers are lower against better teams, but do you have any stats on the amount of chances he gets in those games? Maybe his entire team is shit against better teams and he gets fewer chances? You have to look at the bigger picture. You show those stats about touches against Juve, but did you ever think maybe his team just couldn't get him the ball because they were bad? It could work both ways which is why you can't predict the future based on numbers like that.

Now if you tell me he has the same amount of chances/shots against the bigger teams and scores that many fewer goals, then that is worrying. However, I am going to guess he has fewer chances against those teams which leads to the lower goal numbers. And lower chances could be because of him or the rest of his team. I guess only someone who watches every single one of his games can give more information on that. Where are you monster?
    What you said is correct. We played with very defensive system against strong teams and just lumped the ball forward. Big difference with other players is we miss chances and we don't create anymore chances, players like Kane, Aguero miss chances but the teams keeps on creating many chances for them to score. It's easier to score in a team that is dominating and creating many chances rather than playing in defensive system, lumping ball forward and hoping someone will come up with moment of magic.

Also you are spot on with his contributions. He didn't score many goals against top teams but he played well in big games and created chances. I'm not a fan of his arbitrary "top 6" thing btw. Leicester was league champions and he scored against them, but somehow doesn't count as they are not traditional top 6 team. Also when he was young player he scored hat trick against ManUtd in SAF's last ever game and playing for Everton he scored brace against Liverpool.

In 2016-17 he scored in both games vs City, scored vs Spurs and Arsenal.
    In 2015-16 Southampton finished 6th, he scored 2 against them. Scored vs Liverpool, Leicester (league champions), 2 vs Chelsea in FA cup, 1 vs ManCity in league cup.

Last season
    Spurs (3rd) - He assisted goal against them in the league and also got lucky assist against them in FA cup semi finals
    Liverpool (4th) - He assisted Rashford's goal and was involved in both clubs and bullied their CBs (Lovren) to create space for Rashford and Mata. Had very good game.
    Chelsea (5th) - He scored and assisted goals in 2-1 win against them
    Arsenal (6th) - He was involved in 2 goals in 3-1 win, not direct assists. He made very good pass to Martial who cushioned the ball to Lingard to score. For 3rd goal, he played very good 1-2 to set Pogba free, who then assisted Lingard's goal (it was more Pogba's work though).
    Burnley (7th) - Assisted the only goal with very good pass.
    Everton (8th) - Goal and assist
    Leicester (9th) - Probably his best game when it comes to creating chances. Created 2 1v1 chances for Martial and Lingard (both missed) and created one more decent chance.
    Newcastle (10th) - Scored against them.

He also scored against Sevilla in round of 16.

This season he scored 2 goals vs PSG away and had very good game against Arsenal playing as Right winger. He wasn't as good in 2018-19, whole team was shit with so much off field drama.

We are shit against top teams though, we just park the bus and hoof the ball (which is Lukaku's weakness). Lukaku was never a target man, his strength was always when fed with through balls as he has good pace and he can bully players. When you play long passes, most time he won't even judge the flight and misses it completely. Just because he is black CF who played for Chelsea, he was compared with Drogba when they are completely opposite players when it comes to strengths and weakness.

Also Native said he had only 32 touches which is fewest in the team, odd thing to complain about a CF. They will always have lowest touches. Just for comparison, Icardi against Juventus away touched the ball 19 times, attempted 12 passes and completed 66% of them. I'm sure 2 of them are from kick off. There are many games where Icardi had less than 20 touches and less than 15 passes attempted.

He is not technically gifted player but he doesn't hide. He drops deep to get involved in the game, moves to right wing and tries to dribble past players.

Saying all this, I said I want him gone as he won't be first choice (Solskjaer likes Rashford) and he is not someone who has very good work rate (maybe something to do with how much he bulked up last season). Also even Lukaku doesn't want to stay where he isn't guaranteed to start every game.

13. Thanks (5): Dylan, Eddie, MVD, Rain, thatdude

Colombia

I remember seeing ibra and Adriano bullying defenses. Specially remember the 2 to 1 home derby but Lukaku is not even half of Adriano.
    Dzeko is too old.

If Lukaku is worth 80 I wonder how much a healthy Adriano would be worth now.

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Lukaku at Everton is a different player compared to at United. You can't just take stats from that time and say hey he scored a ton against top teams. Well sure, as the top teams usually dominate against smaller teams and Lukaku getst to play in a different role/environment, running to spaces etc. Not like at United where you don't have the space that much. Inter will be the same case, there is no space to run when you play for Inter. Not in today's game.

And about the pressure. Everton vs United/Inter. Whole different ball game.

16. Thanks (1): SiamoNoi

Fav. Player
    Solskjær

India

18 Forum Supporter Nostradamus
    Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    Lukaku at Everton is a different player compared to at United. You can't just take stats from that time and say hey he scored a ton against top teams. Well sure, as the top teams usually dominate against smaller teams and Lukaku getst to play in a different role/environment, running to spaces etc. Not like at United where you don't have the space that much. Inter will be the same case, there is no space to run when you play for Inter. Not in today's game.

And about the pressure. Everton vs United/Inter. Whole different ball game.
    On the other hand, top teams keep creating chances whereas at midtable clubs they have to scrap for half chances. You can make argument for and against in both cases.

2017-18 he played for ManUtd and did well in few big games. Not all btw, but he had good game against a team in at least 1 of the 2 games he played.

18. Thanks (1): MVD

Bulgaria

Forum Supporter
    Inter Milan and Manchester United have agreed terms over a deal for Romelu Lukaku.

The Belgium striker settled on a contract with Inter last month and now Sportmediaset says Inter have also struck an agreement over a fee with United.

United want to sell Lukaku for €70m cash – and Inter are happy with the valuation.

However, they’ve asked United and Lukaku for some time as they seek to raise funds from player sales.
    70m?! Pffff, great job Marotta

10 years of FIF
    Oh my. Hard to put in words just how much I am against this deal. He lacks the intelligence and the first touch. The main two things you need to score against good defences.

Edit: I might just as well add movement and composure to make it four.

21. Thanks (1): SiamoNoi

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post

If Lukaku is worth 80 I wonder how much a healthy Adriano would be worth now.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

Fav. Player
    Polikaku

Europe

30m on Keita Balde woulda been slightly smarter
    buu ain't for everyone

24. Thanks (1): SiamoNoi

Belgium

The hate for Lukaku in here is amusing

26. Thanks (1): thatdude

Old name
    Analrapist

Bosnia Herzegovina

Most Missed Member 10 years of FIF
    Lukaku will do great things here, if he comes that is. He’ll fit Serie A like a glove. He just needs to lose a few kilos, but that won’t be a problem.
    I'm streets ahead.

28. Thanks (1): thatdude

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

FIF is notoriously bad when it comes to evaluating potential transfers and their impact, so I'm no worried one bit
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. It’s never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. It’s a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    — Massimo Moratti

30. Thanks (2): MVD, ScottishInterista

Bulgaria

Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DIN011 View Post
    Lukaku will do great things here, if he comes that is. He’ll fit Serie A like a glove. He just needs to lose a few kilos, but that won’t be a problem.
    I don't mind Lukaku but 70m for him look quite a lot to me.
    Last edited by varmin; 18 Jun 19 at 12:18.

10 years of FIF
    Hate? No one hates Lukaku. If Inter is linked with a 70m player, fans are usually very excited about it. If not, there is a reason for this.

Looks like he is already in a decline. Losing few pounds is easy? Well, being overweight in the first place is a worrying signal. He's probably lost that hunger one needs to be at the very top. I expect him to be worse and worse year after year. A bit like another ManU player who also started at 16 and seriously started to decline a decade later.

33. Thanks (1): SiamoNoi