View Poll Results: Are you willing to have Inter spend 65 million (or more) on Lukaku to satisfy Conte?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

44 40.00%
  • No

66 60.00%
Page 2 of 125 FirstFirst 123451252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Romelu Lukaku

Fav. Player
    LM10
    Old name
    hansolo

Chile

Makes no sense to get him. Rather start Pinamonti or Gabigol before Lukaku

Fav. Player
    ur mom
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    But but Pina isn't ready to start as isn't Lautaro
    When we sell him, them... Fuck, We are the biggest idiots

FIF law 101

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

3. Thanks (1): MVD

Australia

10 years of FIF
    The truth be told, I have read so much about him that I honestly do not know what to think. Not watching the Premiership and Manchester United does not help me to try and assess the player. A mate that follows Manchester City thinks Lukaku may not have the mentality to thrive at a big club. I do not know whether there is any truth in that statement.

The only question I have is whether it makes sense to for Inter to replace Icardi with Lukaku.
    #FlyEaglesFly

South Korea

Quote Originally Posted by ScottishInterista View Post
    While i do take issue with some of his characteristics (he needs to drop weight and his first touch is by far his weakest point) he is still a good player and one season at Man U shouldn't be the standard on which to judge him, otherwise we have no leg to stand on for Icardi. He's quick but needs the right players around him. Theres a reason he destroyed Brazil last year, did so well with Everton and the previous season at Man U, and it is largely to do with the set up and who he had surrounding him. He's tried coming deeper this season and it doesn't work for a man of his skill set. If we gave him an attack which runs at the defence with players like Chiesa, Begwijn or Lozano then he can exploit the space they make. We know Serie A defences aren't used to players running at them, Napoli proved that i feel with their front three last season, that and their forwards computational play. It's why players as shit as vecino can walk through midfields and defences for the most part.

This style of play also suits Icardi but i don't feel Icardi will be given another chance and rightfully or wrongfully will be passed off by september. Lukaku is very Icardi lite but passes better and is stronger when running through the channels. Perhaps it's not exactly Lukaku i am in favour for but the style of attack we would hopefully implement for him to thrive. He's the best replacement for Icardi imo if we want the same style of player.
    Yeah, I've found it a bit weird that Lukaku started putting on tons of muscle at Man Utd and tried to turn himself into a strong hold-up player, when he's not good at that at all. His first touch lets him down a lot in that regard. Previously he was really good when he focused on his movement and pace, but he's lost a lot of that because of his size.

I think there's still a good player in there. But I'm not sure that he'll thrive off movement from players like Perisic or Politano or be able to work off of passes from Vecino.

6. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

Kuwait

I don't understand why you guys are so sure Lukaku is Icardi's replacement? I know, there is a high probability of Icardi leaving but some of you guys seem 100% sure. Who is going to pay his transfer fee and wages? Juve want to swap him with Dybala? What if Inter don't want Dybala?

What if we are after Lukaku to play alongside Icardi in a 3-5-2?

Rumors are mostly talking about a Perisic-Lukaku swap and there is not much about Icardi leaving. Plus he keeps saying he wants to stay and apparently Conte wants him to stay.

Now, the question is "can Icardi and Lukaku play together?"
    Ajax just thrashed Juve!! Fuck whoever uses the 'experience' excuse for signing bunch of mediocre 30+ year olds who do nothing other than laying in the treatment room and demanding high wages.

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Ecuador

we are a stupid, stupid club.

9. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    sdv,skri,epic

Ukraine

I am really disappointed with these rumors about Lukaku. To be added we give them Ivan + cash makes it more painful. Marotta, wtf are you doing? Does he know something I don't see because this deal is really hard to swallow.

Sent from my m2 using Tapatalk

Belgium

Quote Originally Posted by Doffy View Post
    Makes no sense to get him. Rather start Pinamonti or Gabigol before Lukaku
    Not sure if serious or not... If you're serious, you're a lost case.

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    There's more to players than fundamentals but it's hard to take any player e.g. Vecino I mean Lukaku, seriously when they lack even basic fundamentals like competent ball control.

If my old part-time high school football coach/math teacher saw me exhibiting the same sub-amateur level of ball control that the likes of Vecino and D'Ambrosio do, he would've told me to get fucked and sit out for the weekend game.

Lukaku has some strengths, unquestionably. But I personally can not tolerate it when basic incompetence is such a costly shortcoming. The amount of half chances and clear-cut opportunities that Lukaku squanders due to his lack of technique is fucking mindblowing. It's every time I watch this prick, whether he scores or not.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

\_(ツ)_/

Fav. Player
    ur mom
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    He started following Radja on Instagram

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

14. Thanks (2): ForzaNerazzurro, MVD

Fav. Player
    D'Ambrosio
    Old name
    ForzaKovacic

Egypt

Quote Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
    I don't understand why you guys are so sure Lukaku is Icardi's replacement? I know, there is a high probability of Icardi leaving but some of you guys seem 100% sure. Who is going to pay his transfer fee and wages? Juve want to swap him with Dybala? What if Inter don't want Dybala?

What if we are after Lukaku to play alongside Icardi in a 3-5-2?

Rumors are mostly talking about a Perisic-Lukaku swap and there is not much about Icardi leaving. Plus he keeps saying he wants to stay and apparently Conte wants him to stay.

Now, the question is "can Icardi and Lukaku play together?"
    Icardi and Lukaku are too a-like. Not really suited to a two man striker partnership. Lautaro would do well with either of them up there.

Doesn't make sense to buy a striker for 70m just to bench him or keep Icardi and bench him for Lukaku. So with these rumors about Lukaku the logical conclusion is that Icardi is leaving if Lukaku arrives.
    Different story for Dzeko who's only 12-14m.
    A good performance, I dont know if we are talking about one point gained or two points lost. But the team did what it had to do."
    Luciano Spalletti on Udinese(17th) - Inter 0 - 0

"We were playing well, and then it started to rain."
    -Walter Mazzarri

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Manchester United transfer news: Romelu Lukaku could leave for Inter Milan in swap deal

The Italian club are planning a huge summer and hope to install Antonio Conte as new manager, with the former Chelsea boss having named Lukaku as a key signing

Manchester United would prefer long-term defensive target Milan Skriniar, if any kind of swap deal with Internazionale is to be done on Romelu Lukaku.

The Italian club are planning a huge summer and hope to install Antonio Conte as new manager, with the former Chelsea boss having named Lukaku as a key signing.

Inter would be willing to offer 30m and Ivan Perisic to United for the Belgian, but Perisic was really a Jose Mourinho target, so the Old Trafford hierarchy would instead prefer Skriniar - who has similarly interested them in the past - despite the Slovakian only recently having renewed his contract.

United do want to finally bring in a new centre-half this summer, and neither they nor champions Manchester City have yet completely ruled out the possibility of signing Ajax's Matthijs De Ligt.

The teenage Dutch defender wants to go to Barcelona, but that deal is not yet concluded, and United are willing to offer huge money to tempt him. It is understood his entourage are at least seeing what else is out there.

I wouldn't even take Pogba for Skriniar, let alone Lukaku

Fav. Player
    ur mom
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

what is the source man?

18. Thanks (2): ForzaNerazzurro, MVD

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JJM View Post
    what is the source man?
    You're right. I should have added it. Miguel Delaney of Independent.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-a8928736.html

20. Thanks (3): ForzaNerazzurro, JJM, MVD

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Il Drago View Post

I wouldn't even take Pogba for Skriniar, let alone Lukaku
    I wouldn't take their whole squad for Skriniar.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

\_(ツ)_/

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    There's more to players than fundamentals but it's hard to take any player e.g. Vecino I mean Lukaku, seriously when they lack even basic fundamentals like competent ball control.

If my old part-time high school football coach/math teacher saw me exhibiting the same sub-amateur level of ball control that the likes of Vecino and D'Ambrosio do, he would've told me to get fucked and sit out for the weekend game.

Lukaku has some strengths, unquestionably. But I personally can not tolerate it when basic incompetence is such a costly shortcoming. The amount of half chances and clear-cut opportunities that Lukaku squanders due to his lack of technique is fucking mindblowing. It's every time I watch this prick, whether he scores or not.
    I suspect your math teacher would be so harsh at you if you were 2 meters and weighing 100kg
    Quote Originally Posted by bandiera View Post
    referees 'without question' favour juve? i think youre overstating the effect of buying out the refs.
    On Brozovic:
    Quote Originally Posted by nurko View Post
    He's like bitcoin in January, sell him on a high while you can.

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by DARi0 View Post
    (-) He gained weight. I read that Mourinho was assured by Man Utd doctors that it`s not fat, but muscle mass.
    That's good to hear but, to be honest, talking about muscle mass, Lukaku still has work to do to reach Akinfenwa and his cult status.
    Maybe, just maybe he's on that "early 2008/prime" Junior Agogo level of bulk (forza Junior, by the way).

With that being said, I want to remember the words of our former player and esteemed mad man Felipe Melo (still supporting us from Brazil), an extract from the interview he gave to FCInter1908.it weeks ago:

" I would buy Lukaku. He's a tremendous player. Lukakone [Big Lukaku, spoken like a true fanboy or a close buddy] smashes defenders, has a strong header, he's technical [!!!], fast and he's used to play in a top team."

Thank you commander, all in a sudden those randomly rumoured 75 million sound like a total bargain, to say the least.
    And we need all kind of palliatives to make it to Sunday night, after all.

24. Thanks (2): Universe, YoramG

Fav. Player
    ur mom
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

yeah he is very fat ...lol

I haven't seen Icardi dribble anyone like that ever...lol Miranda

26. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Italy

I don't think he's fat at all. I think someone has talked about it before on this forum, but likelihood is that because he packed on so much muscle and size in such a short period, and then tried to diminish that bulk directly after the WC, he has become uncoordinated due to not being used to his own size.

This sounds quite silly, but I guess it's like having a growth spurt and suddenly finding yourself bonking on door frames that you never used to because you haven't acclimatized to your new height.

There's definitely still a player there, as evidenced by his stats and previous stellar seasons:

But then you know, there's also this, which isn't great. Granted, you could easily make one of these for Icardi so:

I think it would at least be interesting to see him at Inter under Conte. But I don't think we should spend 70m or 50m or swap Icardi or whatever the fuck for someone who could be interesting.

Eh, Icardi has sent the entire Fiorentina backline packing, plus has sold Lulic and De Vrij the world at the Olimpico. Different kinds of dribbling for sure though. Icardi is more about feints and shifting the ball onto the other foot, whereas in that example Lukaku's dribbling is more technical.
    Inter Banter Era; 2011-2018 Mudingayi, Schelotto, Rocchi Gone but not forgotten

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by JJM View Post

Are you serious? you know that lukaku lost the ball after that nutmeg??
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte