Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast

Thread: Edin Dzeko

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Argentina

Signing Dzeko is okay, but giving him 6 million/year with 3 years contract is insanely outrageous. Did Dzeko really earn that much in Roma ?

And Kolarov himself is okay player, but signing him after Asamoah means we will have 2 aging left back in our disposal. That means next season or 2 seasons later, we will begin our perpetual search for fullback again. I would prefer Inter to purchase a fullback who can serve for several years instead of annual fullback mercato again.
    http://irequis.wordpress.com/
    Feeling up the senses like a night in Giuseppe Meazza

2. Thanks (1): Kakaroto

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Irequis View Post
    And Kolarov himself is okay player, but signing him after Asamoah means we will have 2 aging left back in our disposal. That means next season or 2 seasons later, we will begin our perpetual search for fullback again. I would prefer Inter to purchase a fullback who can serve for several years instead of annual fullback mercato again.
    I think everyone would prefer that. However a young Kolarov will cost about 50m in today's market. Inter need 5-6 players at least to convert our squad suitable for Conte, and we cannot afford to spend over 50m on each of them. So Inter are following an approach I call the "Barellas & Godins" strategy. For every quality young player we spend big on (like Barella), we will fill another position with a cheap/free old player (like Godin). That way we can stretch our mercato budget over more quality players.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Argentina

Quote Originally Posted by Bluenine View Post
    I think everyone would prefer that. However a young Kolarov will cost about 50m in today's market. Inter need 5-6 players at least to convert our squad suitable for Conte, and we cannot afford to spend over 50m on each of them. So Inter are following an approach I call the "Barellas & Godins" strategy. For every quality young player we spend big on (like Barella), we will fill another position with a cheap/free old player (like Godin). That way we can stretch our mercato budget over more quality players.
    I understand that we cannot afford prime Kolarov or other top full backs. What I mean is, can't Inter search for someone decent in the age range of Sime/Dalbert/Cedric instead of Asamoah age ?

Fav. Player
    Doina Turcanu

Tokelau

69 Forum Supporter
    I understand that we cannot afford prime Kolarov or other top full backs. What I mean is, can't Inter search for someone decent in the age range of Sime/Dalbert/Cedric instead of Asamoah age ?
    Who is someone decent at the age of those and cost really cheap? They are in prime age for footballer.
    FC INTERNAZIONALE

I thought football in Italy had changed, but it seems that a zebra never changes its stripes.
    FAK GOBBY

6. Thanks (1): Kova10

Fav. Player
    ur mom
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

8. Thanks (1): MVD

Italy

So he liked a lost if an Inter supporter.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

10. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Argentina

Quote Originally Posted by Ed. View Post
    Who is someone decent at the age of those and cost really cheap? They are in prime age for footballer.
    Something like Dalbert or Sime or Andy Robertson transfer will do.

The concept behind Dalbert's purchase was actually correct. We bought someone young from French league and still was outside the radar of big clubs thus his price was very affordable. His playing characteristics also fitted with our need. Alas it didn't work out, I suspect it was because we could not foresee his mental state or any external factors.

12. Thanks (1): Dylan

Fav. Player
    Plusvalenza+

Albania

Quote Originally Posted by firmino View Post
    So he liked a lost if an Inter supporter.
    What
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

14. Thanks (4): MVD, snake, thatdude, Zoro

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    What
    Liked a post of an Inter supporter. We have exposed Firmino as a person with fat fingers.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

Fav. Player
    Squad Depth

Canada

I'd take an aging fullback like kolarov every year, instead of paying 30-40 mil to find out some guy is shit or good.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    "Madonna... un macello qua"

17. Thanks (3): Ed., Provi, Sokrates

Fav. Player
    Doina Turcanu

Tokelau

69 Forum Supporter
    Something like Dalbert or Sime or Andy Robertson transfer will do.

The concept behind Dalbert's purchase was actually correct. We bought someone young from French league and still was outside the radar of big clubs thus his price was very affordable. His playing characteristics also fitted with our need. Alas it didn't work out, I suspect it was because we could not foresee his mental state or any external factors.
    I understand what you suggest, but give a name. Who is a LB we can buy than is as good quality as Kolarov with as little money?

Dalbert cost us nearly 20 millions and now he is probably not worth that much. We can't keep throwing cash on LB which impacts on our spending ability for midfielders and other areas. We need to compromise one or two positions and with Kolarov we can compromise our LB for 1 or 2 years. It will allow us to strengthen other areas first then focus in there in the next year or so.
    FC INTERNAZIONALE

I thought football in Italy had changed, but it seems that a zebra never changes its stripes.
    FAK GOBBY

19. Thanks (1): Sokrates

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    Liked a post of an Inter supporter. We have exposed Firmino as a person with fat fingers.
    I'm actually a slim person. But often I post while walking, I usually double check what I write.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

21. Thanks (2): MVD, Universe

Fav. Player
    Squad Depth

Canada

Fancy Firmino walking and posting. Try posting while eating a sandwich....laying down.

23. Thanks (4): Adriano@10, KevinB, MVD, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

Lebanon

Quote Originally Posted by Lui View Post
    I'd take an aging fullback like kolarov every year, instead of paying 30-40 mil to find out some guy is shit or good.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    I haven’t seen us linked to Jordan Lukaku who could be a BEAST in Conte’s 352.

Transfermrkt has him listed at 6 mil but even at 10-15 would be a good deal.

Jordan playing on the same side crossing to Romelu would be an interesting sight to say the least

Fav. Player
    #3, #4

Malta

2 Forum Supporter
    I'm actually a slim person. But often I post while walking, I usually double check what I write.
    Weird flex, but OK.

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    Our problem has been that we have tried too stunts like Dalbert in the last decade, hoping to get lucky and one of them becomes a "Maicon". In this process we have spent so much money on dozens of rubbish fullbacks and lived with mediocrity. Instead, it would have been cheaper if we had bought 2 world class fullbacks.

Instead of buying 2 "Dalberts" for 20-25m apiece and praying they succeed, I much rather Inter get a "Kolarov" on a cheap and spend 40-50m on a "Meunier".

27. Thanks (1): Palacio

Fav. Player
    Lautaro Martine

Albania

Forum Supporter
    Inter seems to be serious about winning something this season, so a quick fix is a good idea. But we need to unload some deadwood though like Valero. But having too many 30 year old players many of whom are toothless is bad.

Fav. Player
    Marotta
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    How many Dalberts have we tried to get before Dalberts?

My memory is fading, I don’t recall us having a lot of 25 mil to spend in the last decade. I only remember the Telles, Erkin, Vrjsalko, Cancelo, who were all loans. Then the Nagatomo, D’Ambrosio, Jonathan, who were dirt cheap.

Yes, I am past 30 and fast declining.
    Last edited by Wallace; 12 Jun 19 at 20:36.
    Dr. Marotta

Fav. Player
    Lautaro Martine

Albania

Forum Supporter
    I just wonder how long will it take Inter to realize that trying to fix Ausilio and his lousy assistants by giving them sixth and seventh chances won't work and a much cheaper and better solution would be to hire a better director.

Fav. Player
    4-12-22-23
    Old name
    Josi

United States

10 years of FIF Forum Supporter
    Careful on the intersections