Page 103 of 103 FirstFirst ... 35393100101102103
Results 2,041 to 2,057 of 2057

Thread: 2019/2020 Forwards Rumours Thread

Colombia

Idk I rather keep Sanchez than getting Mertens. He’s younger and if he really performs I don’t mind paying what they want

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    One might argue it's a case of Sancez and Mertens peaking at different times. Sanchez perhaps earlier, Mertens later.

Mertens has been consistently great since 2016/17 when Sarri converted him from a winger to a striker. On the other hand, Sanchez hasn't had a single good season since that same year. IMO Sanchez has a much harder case to prove he isn't finished, despite being younger than Mertens.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

Į\_(ツ)_/Į

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Nepal

21 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    One might argue it's a case of Sancez and Mertens peaking at different times. Sanchez perhaps earlier, Mertens later.

Mertens has been consistently great since 2016/17 when Sarri converted him from a winger to a striker. On the other hand, Sanchez hasn't had a single good season since that same year. IMO Sanchez has a much harder case to prove he isn't finished, despite being younger than Mertens.
    Both are quality players without a doubt but at the end of the day, it will be Sanchez's price tag/wage which will be a stumbling block for any future probable deals. Thus, I would go for Mertens (pretty sure he has 2 more good years).

Fav. Player
    NOT Il Capitano

Falkland Islands

0 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Mertens is far from being done.
    IO SONO INTERISTA

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

Mertens would be the perfect bench striker. Has a lot of Serie A experience, isn't yet finished, the next 2 seasons could be the last for him to win something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

6. Thanks (4): Dylan, Pajo, Pimpin, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Sensi

Albania

Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ADRossi View Post
    I can't tell if Mertens is finished or just caught up in the disaster at Napoli
    Players at his age bring more frustration than results. Sanches is a good example.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rockball View Post
    Mertens is far from being done.
    Many are good hiding it but have him play two matches a week and see for yourself.

Fav. Player
    Ibra_Deki_Mtrix

Romania

55 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by FCBarca View Post
    Zlatan apparently close to rejoining AC Milan
    Non-inter related, would you mind posting this info in the appropriate thread? http://forzainterforums.com/showthre...ummer-2019-20/ 10x

TMW: Itís difficult for the Napoli striker to arrive in January given the strong resistance of De Laurentiis. For June, however, everything could change. Marotta is already at work, laying the ground work so much so that perhaps at the end of January (or around February time), Inter could already register Mertensí contract as a free agent.
    NULLA … IMPOSSIBILE PER QUESTA SQUADRA! FORZA INTER PER SEMPRE

Vietnam

Quote Originally Posted by DARi0 View Post
    Non-inter related, would you mind posting this info in the appropriate thread? http://forzainterforums.com/showthre...ummer-2019-20/ 10x
    That's still the wrong thread though "Summer 19/20".

10. Thanks (1): DARi0

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post

PLUS, their costs are on a different level. Mertens won't get more salary than Sanchez, most probably the other way around, and then to keep Sanchez, you need to dish like 20m+€ to United.

12. Thanks (1): Universe

Fav. Player
    Diego Milito

Ireland

On Mertens, it's not like it's his physical attributes that make him stand out either. It's his technique and skill. Those types of players usually last much longer

14. Thanks (3): JJM, Lui, MVD

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Definitely worth the gamble, especially if he just replaces Politano for the remainder of the season. I don't understand why it's even a discussion.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsabu View Post
    On Mertens, it's not like it's his physical attributes that make him stand out either. It's his technique and skill. Those types of players usually last much longer
    Well, speed is a major component of his game and abilities.

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsabu View Post
    All players decline in terms of physicality. Those who weren't that gifted to begin with, say Cambiasso for example, substitute athleticism with godlike reading of the game. This doesn't mean that we don't get the "traffic cop" stage with them despite all their technical brilliance and immaculate reading of the game. Same as Valero, he is a very technical and smart player and he was unimposing his whole career, now that he's older it's even more pronounced and we're throwing shit at him.
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. Itís never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. Itís a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    ó Massimo Moratti

18. Thanks (3): GenDire, Lui, MVD

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    I hear Haaland has a 30m release clause this January? Which means a lot of top clubs will be after him, and that his wages will be very high for a 19 year old, but at that price Inter should also throw their hat into the ring. One season wonder maybe, but with 28 goals in 21 games, 30m is a steal. He is tall and strong, a good vice Lukaku.

Fav. Player
    Adriano

Switzerland

But why would Haaland want to come here. I imagine he'd want maximum game time not bench time. I can see other top clubs offering him a regular starting spot.

If he's wise, he should stay at Salzburg for another 2 years or so.
    It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world.

21. Thanks (1): brakbrak

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

Europe

If he's wise he goes to Leipzig.

23. Thanks (2): Il Drago, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

Sorry but if anything I'd rather hope we get to sell J.Mario and Barbosa and get Werner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.