Page 143 of 143 FirstFirst ... 4393133140141142143
Results 2,841 to 2,848 of 2848

Thread: 2019/2020 Forwards Rumours Thread

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Materazzi_23 View Post
    I already left the stadium by the end of the game. I thought it would be wiser to drink my frustration away in a bar instead of sitting in the stadium, but yeah it was a f*cked up night.
    I thought we wanted to buy Modric that summer but Dinamo asked 20M which was to much for Ajax, stupid decision. I really liked the club because of the supporters and the atmosphere in the stadium, also the fact they always had/have a lot of youth players in their team which reminded me of Ajax. To bad the club is run by clowns.

On topic:

Mandzukic would be a okay option. Better than to pay millions for Dzeko or Giroud. But i'm wondering if he still got the fire in him after spending a year in Qatar. I would give him a one-year deal with an option for a second year. But we need at least 5 attackers as previous said. The best deal would be getting Sanchez for a reduced fee, Mandzukic and Cavani for free so we can spend our transfer budget on Tonali, Kumbulla and maybe SMS if we can sell all of our deadwood.
    Cavani is not for free. His salary request is insane and most probably his demand for signing on fee is also huge. Free agents are nothing but free.

2. Thanks (1): thatdude

Fav. Player
    MILAN SKRINIAR

Netherlands

I think that is obvious. Off course he isn't free. I meant free in terms of transfer fee.

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Yeah but you implied that would save us some money while in reality someone like Giroud would save us some money more than Cavani because the differences in salary demands. Unless Cavani accepts like 50% reduction to his salary and even then it depends on the length of the contract + signing on fee.

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by SiamoNoi View Post
    And what a disgrace this "club" is now.We had potential to be what Ajax is last few years in Europe if not that terrible people in the club and biggest crime in Croatian football.
    You lost that chance when the the Bosman ruling came into practice.

Mamic was just the cherry on the pie.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

Vote in the OT draft you c*nts Here and here you lazy bastards

6. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Cambiasso

Croatia

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    You lost that chance when the the Bosman ruling came into practice.

Mamic was just the cherry on the pie.
    Well,maybe.Will never know.At least we should get some results like Salzburg (with semi final of EL) here and there.There are so many examples with clubs of similar level and good runs in Europe.But naah.This and last season was first with solid results in Europe after so many years.This year 5 points in CL group,one more than in last 4 apperances there,just two points behind Atalanta.And last year first place in EL group and round of 16 (Benfica 1-3).And cherry on the pie NT was second on the WC.All that while Mamić still running the club through his people BUT he is in escape in Bosnia.Coincedence?Of course not.That just shows you how toxic he is.

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by SiamoNoi View Post
    Well,maybe.Will never know.At least we should get some results like Salzburg (with semi final of EL) here and there.There are so many examples with clubs of similar level and good runs in Europe.But naah.This and last season was first with solid results in Europe after so many years.This year 5 points in CL group,one more than in last 4 apperances there,just two points behind Atalanta.And last year first place in EL group and round of 16 (Benfica 1-3).And cherry on the pie NT was second on the WC.All that while Mamić still running the club through his people BUT he is in escape in Bosnia.Coincedence?Of course not.That just shows you how toxic he is.
    Just compare the 1990s with the 2010s, see how many teams have reached the quarters of the main European cups during this decade as opposed to the 90s or even the 00s. Laughable, football has become a joke that mostly attracts casual video gamers and people who never kicked a ball until they were 13. We're at a stage in time where parents are forcing their 6-12 year olds to go to football academies rather than scream at them for even wanting to give it a go just because they smell the money that may come out of it. Kids aren't interested in the game as much as before. That's what happens when you kill 99% of football clubs.

Dinamo Zagreb had the chance of going to the semis of the Europa League maybe once in 5-10 years. That's about it. And you'd be proud of that achievement and commemorate it for years to come. But that'd be it. 90% of the roster would be sold right after. Just like Ajax's case or Monaco's case in this decade and these are clubs with money and prestige and play in historically stronger leagues than Dinamo. And have also been known for producing top talent.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

Vote in the OT draft you c*nts Here and here you lazy bastards

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

Argentina

Sign Berardi, bring back Balo

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

United States

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    Just compare the 1990s with the 2010s, see how many teams have reached the quarters of the main European cups during this decade as opposed to the 90s or even the 00s. Laughable, football has become a joke that mostly attracts casual video gamers and people who never kicked a ball until they were 13. We're at a stage in time where parents are forcing their 6-12 year olds to go to football academies rather than scream at them for even wanting to give it a go just because they smell the money that may come out of it. Kids aren't interested in the game as much as before. That's what happens when you kill 99% of football clubs.

Dinamo Zagreb had the chance of going to the semis of the Europa League maybe once in 5-10 years. That's about it. And you'd be proud of that achievement and commemorate it for years to come. But that'd be it. 90% of the roster would be sold right after. Just like Ajax's case or Monaco's case in this decade and these are clubs with money and prestige and play in historically stronger leagues than Dinamo. And have also been known for producing top talent.
    I don't know what you do to make it appealing for players to want to play in Croatia or Ukraine as opposed to any of the richer leagues in the western part of Europe, but I do know it really sucks for the sport when top teams have consolidated enough wealth that there are world class players sitting on benches more often than they are playing. Doesn't help the sport out whatsoever.

It conflicts me, because I'm not pro-salary cap and never will be because I feel it goes against the best interests of players...but in an open-ended system like what football is, this is kinda what happens over the course of time. Very little competition in Spain, none in France, none in Germany, and none in Italy thanks in large part to our own gross incompetence. And what's a common theme with all those countries I mentioned (except for Italy, to an extent)? Most attractive cities to play in those countries as well. Dortmund wants to compete with Bayern, but if you had the choice of which city to live in, which one are you going to choose?

I'm kinda OT so I don't want to push this much further. Also because I'm not really sure what the solution is, if one even exists. But it sucks. This sport would be much better everywhere if we had legitimate title races in the top leagues involving more than just the same couple of teams - if even that many - every year.