Page 59 of 66 FirstFirst ... 94956575859606162 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1310

Thread: 2019/2020 Defenders Rumours Thread

Fav. Player
    Christian Vieri

Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by dynasty27 View Post
    Btw thats awesome. Versatile on both sides like Cancelo. Hakimi left and Cancelo back as new RWB.
    Cancel was shit on the left

2. Thanks (2): ADRossi, Pajo

Fav. Player
    Eyjafjallajökul

Serbia

Regarding Alaba, City won't be playing the Champions next season or maybe two afaik It's a huge advantage for Inter. How we compare with others I have no idea. It would be a bit surprising that he would prefer us though. He is a bigger star than Eriksen and Hakim imo.

4. Thanks (2): MVD, SiamoNoi

Malaysia

The real target is Alex Sandro
    sorry for my bad English

Fav. Player
    4 & 10

Bosnia Herzegovina

35 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by brakbrak View Post
    What are you smoking? Since when is inter too good for Alaba?
    Nobody saying we're too good but we cannot bend ourselves and say he's too big of a star for Inter. We are highest level caliber club in prestigious city with 50k plus loyal fans every week on a stadium. Global brand.

For example I was watching Inter - Real Madrid game from 98 lately and on our bench were, if I remember well:

- Roberto Baggio
    - Djorkaeff
    - Javier Zanetti
    - Andrea Pirlo
    - Benoit Cauet

That's Inter trough history, Alaba cannot be too big of a name.
    ... “Every time I see Walter Mazzarri’s Press conferences I have this doubt: Is he really such an idiot or does he just think we all are?”

Parma team manager Sandro Melli

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Alaba would be a sick signing honestly. There's still pessimistic concern it's just yet another case of renewal negotiation tactic. But after Hakimi all the bets are off for me regarding these odd transfer rumors.

Offer 25m€ + Perisic as starters if Alaba is interested in joining.

Though was it Alaba doesn't want to play LB? Wonder what would be the deal with LWB then. One can argue LB isn't that important position in most teams but I'd say our wingback positions are very important and impactful positions. They also require shit tons of work and suffering from the player.
    Last edited by CafeCordoba; 05 Jul 20 at 05:57.

Fav. Player
    Christian Vieri

Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by Hasan View Post
    Nobody saying we're too good but we cannot bend ourselves and say he's too big of a star for Inter. We are highest level caliber club in prestigious city with 50k plus loyal fans every week on a stadium. Global brand.

For example I was watching Inter - Real Madrid game from 98 lately and on our bench were, if I remember well:

- Roberto Baggio
    - Djorkaeff
    - Javier Zanetti
    - Andrea Pirlo
    - Benoit Cauet

That's Inter trough history, Alaba cannot be too big of a name.
    Milan checks out for all those criterias too but noone big wants to play for them because of how shitty they are right now. Point is as much as I love how good we were back in the days, but stop living in the past as we are not the same level as how we used to be; we are heading in the right direction though. So thats why I found it ridiculous that Brehme thought that inter was too unrealistic for a big star like Alaba when many have pointed out that even in treble days we didn't have a LB his calibre.

9. Thanks (2): SiamoNoi, Wings

Germany

There is no chance for Inter to get Alaba..laughable rumour.

Malaysia

I laugh too when read Eriksen rumours
    sorry for my bad English

12. Thanks (4): geva, Hasan, Nothing, Pajo

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    Alaba is kinda overrated around here. I used to like the guy a lot, but he is not the same guy you knew from couple of years ago, that attcking LB that could cross and dribble past guys with ease. Since his great season in 2017, he kinda lost his urge to go forward (maybe thats coaching stuff), and Bayern was looking for a LB sinve. The fitlrs moment they found one, Alaba was moved to CB, and most of the time he plays as CB these days. Even when he is playing as LB, he is not the one that attacks, but one that defends. For us he would be great LCB, but i dont think he will be good LWB. He never played on that position as well, even tho he started as a midfielder as a youngster.

That being said, he would be good transfer, but imo nothing to drool about. He hasnt had good season for 2 or 3 years.
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts

14. Thanks (3): eduzee, magnesium, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Inter1-0Wanda
    Old name
    browha

Europe

25 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    I dont watch much bayern at all but I do note transfermarkt has his value at an all time high pre covid

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Yeah, someone even said Alaba > Eriksen, come on guys... On what universe?

Classic starting player of a top team with a very unappealing name and cv. I'd still take him, but let's not pretend he's Roberto Carlos or Javier Zanetti. The level of these kind of tweener players that are slotted at left or right back or wing back has been decreasing since the turn of the millenium as less and less teams started using the 3-5-2 so their quality is questionable. Same applies with lots of wingers. They're all good players but they depend on the quality of their teammates in order to be noticed as something good. With lower level teammates, they suddenly "suck".
    <<Gli scudetti č giusto vincerli sul campo>> Antonio Conte on Calciopoli

17. Thanks (1): Pajo

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    Alaba would be a great signing, but I'm not sure he is ideal for our tactical set up. He is quality left back, and can also excel at the LCB position. We already have Bastoni who has made LCB his own, and ideally we need an attacking wing back. Between Alaba and Alonso, I prefer Alonso who would be cheaper and also more suited to LWB.

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostradamus View Post
    There is no chance for Inter to get Alaba..laughable rumour.
    I have no doubts few weeks ago you would claim Hakimi to Inter is a laughable rumour.
    #SAVESKRINIAR

20. Thanks (3): Kev9Inter, MVD, thatdude

Vietnam

Quote Originally Posted by Il Drago View Post
    I have no doubts few weeks ago you would claim Hakimi to Inter is a laughable rumour.
    Its always good to have anti-jinx

Me second. We have no chance to get Alaba.

22. Thanks (1): Il Drago

Fav. Player
    Skriniar37

Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by Bluenine View Post
    Alaba would be a great signing, but I'm not sure he is ideal for our tactical set up. He is quality left back, and can also excel at the LCB position. We already have Bastoni who has made LCB his own, and ideally we need an attacking wing back. Between Alaba and Alonso, I prefer Alonso who would be cheaper and also more suited to LWB.
    Who Bastoni backup ? Bastoni can't play all gamee dudeee...

I was thinking Alaba will be our LWB and LCB. Multipurpose dude.

As long you can cross better, it's okay if he can't run .. We have Ashley Young
    Lautaro Martínez: Argentina's next big thing
    Milan Skriniar : Next Best Defender In The World

Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    Yeah, someone even said Alaba > Eriksen, come on guys... On what universe?

Classic starting player of a top team with a very unappealing name and cv. I'd still take him, but let's not pretend he's Roberto Carlos or Javier Zanetti. The level of these kind of tweener players that are slotted at left or right back or wing back has been decreasing since the turn of the millenium as less and less teams started using the 3-5-2 so their quality is questionable. Same applies with lots of wingers. They're all good players but they depend on the quality of their teammates in order to be noticed as something good. With lower level teammates, they suddenly "suck".
    Bayern fans is okay losing thiago, but absolutely fuming of the idea losing alaba

25. Thanks (3): CafeCordoba, SiamoNoi, thatdude

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Palatiga View Post
    Bayern fans is okay losing thiago, but absolutely fuming of the idea losing alaba
    Because that's how Bayern fans are.

They were fuming if they'd lose Badstuber and didn't care that they lost Lucio. It's how they are. They value their own talent a lot.
    <<Gli scudetti č giusto vincerli sul campo>> Antonio Conte on Calciopoli

27. Thanks (1): magnesium

Bulgaria

Forum Supporter
    From all linked to Inter LWB, Costic is the best in terms of offensive play in my view. But arguably Alaba is the best overall player.

Fav. Player

Albania

Forum Supporter
    Ausilio isn't Ausilio if he doesn't bring an expensive thirty year old signee with high wages. Gosens is the most sensible target but old habits never die.

30. Thanks (1): MVD