Page 47 of 64 FirstFirst ... 374445464748495057 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019/2020 Defenders Rumours Thread

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Lukaku's base deal iirc is 7.5m, with a 1.5m of very easy bonuses, which typically is based on several appearances, some goals here and there, and then there's another 1m of harder to achieve bonuses, which should include trophies etc or individual success such as being top scorer etc.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

Vote in the OT draft you c*nts Here and here you lazy bastards

2. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Ibra_Deki_Mtrix

Romania

55 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    Just a side note that this kid's move to Inter is rumoured by Italian media, the Greek media just copied that. Usually Inter's name is used by Greek media to hype up (occasionally untalented) Greek full backs but there's almost never any real contact. This one could very well be true. I don't know if he can cope with a 3-5-2 system, but if he does come, he's probably moving to Serie B on a loan deal.
    According to the Greek portal Sport Zone (@Il Drago: how reliable are they?), behind the choice of Vagiannidis not extending contract would be Inter, which would have offered the boy a five-year contract worth 2 million euros in total (400,000 euros per season). Panathinaikos would only receive 410,000 euros as a training bonus. Inter have beaten the competition from two other top European clubs such as Manchester City and Monaco.
    NULLA IMPOSSIBILE PER QUESTA SQUADRA! FORZA INTER PER SEMPRE

4. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DARi0 View Post
    According to the Greek portal Sport Zone (@Il Drago: how reliable are they?), behind the choice of Vagiannidis not extending contract would be Inter, which would have offered the boy a five-year contract worth 2 million euros in total (400,000 euros per season). Panathinaikos would only receive 410,000 euros as a training bonus. Inter have beaten the competition from two other top European clubs such as Manchester City and Monaco.
    Are you sure the portal is Sport Zone and not SportDay? I have never heard of Sport Zone. Anyway, Greek media are reporting Panathinaikos will have a final meeting with the player's agent this week where the player is expected to give his final answer. All in all, Greek media aren't to be trusted. Most of them either quote foreign media or they report what the clubs want them to report.
    Francesco Toldo: "Winning in this club is different; it is the satisfaction of arriving at the port after going through a storm".

6. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Ibra_Deki_Mtrix

Romania

55 10 years of FIF
    Not sure, might be a Google Translate error

1. GdS on Saturday: Georgios Vagiannidis was convinced by the move to Milan due to the prospect of immediately being integrated into the first team. The deal is almost fully complete and Inter feel confident of securing his signature soon.
    FcInterNews on Sunday: Georgios Vagiannidis wouldn’t be integrated into the first team. Inter would like to sign him to either send him out on loan or put him into the Under-19 squad. The player hasn’t had too much first team experience yet and wouldn’t be ready for a quick move to a Serie A squad.Vagiannidis has made 17 appearances across all competitions so far this season, scoring five goals and providing one assist in that time.
    TuttoShit: Vagiannidis will be evaluated by coach Antonio Conte in the pre-season training camp. The player will be loaned out to a friendly club, which could be Hellas Verona, who the Nerazzurri have been in talks with for some time now regarding Marash Kumbulla. Vagiannidis could be included in that deal.

2. PassioneInter: The Nerazzurri are thinking about signing Jan Vertonghen on a free transfer, giving coach Antonio Conte an experienced defender who knows how to play on the left side of a back three. Vertonghen currently earns around €3.5 million net per season, the report continues, and Inter may look to sign him should Diego Godin leave Milan. The 33-year-old Belgian has declined all contract renewal offers from Tottenham and wishes to move to either Spain or Italy, although he wants a long contract.
    TuttoShit: The player has experience playing in a three-man defence and would be able to play on the left side, a problem area for Inter considering Milan Skriniar’s tough adaption to the role. Other clubs are also interested in signing the Tottenham defender, the report continues, including Napoli and Roma, as well as other Premier League clubs, Ajax and Atletico Madrid.

3. GdS [print]: Inter are one of several clubs to have developed an interest in signing Atalanta full back Timothy Castagne.

The Belgian national team defender’s contract with the Bergamo based club is due to expire at the end of next season and Atalanta would like to extend his deal before trying to shift him on for a fee in the region of €20 million. In the event that no contract renewal is agreed upon, Atalanta will be unable to demand any more than between €10-15 million for the 23-year-old. In addition to Inter, the Milan based newspaper go on to claim that Tottenham Hotspur, Leicester City, Sevilla and Paris Saint Germain are all also interested in the former KRC Genk player.
    NULLA IMPOSSIBILE PER QUESTA SQUADRA! FORZA INTER PER SEMPRE

8. Thanks (1): MVD

Greece

Quote Originally Posted by DARi0 View Post
    Never heard of Sport Zone and doubt it exists.

There is SportDay as Drago said, SportsRoom which is a fringe website, SporTime probably still exists in some zombie fashion.

For Panathinaikos news there is no 'best' source. But I guess SportsDNA, Leoforos and Sport-fm (owner of the club owns this outlet but he barely bothers with either) would qualify due to the reporters they have. But there's no exclusives etc. Those who have exclusives are independent and usually have a valid rumour once every ten reports.

I know lots of people in the club and I've been involved myself (not in the football team) but at this stage no one knows much. And the morale is genuinely poor so transfer news is not in the top 10 list of priorities.

All I know is that he will meet the owner face to face. Which was rare for the last 3 years but now has become a thing again, so once that meeting is concluded I'll probably learn of the outcome before the media, but either way, I don't think this is a transfer story that interests Inter so much in 2020 more than Panathinaikos.

But while I do get excited for Greek youngsters, I've seen so many "talents" disappear before they turn 20 so I'm not getting on no bandwagon anymore. There is a contagion that makes them all idiots after their first contract and several first team appearances and not that many are immune to it.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and one of those silly exclusives were about Panathinaikos being taken over by some Chinese conglomerate. It turns out it's true, but I don't think a deal will be made, or at least not soon enough, but if it's closer than anticipated it may be a factor in th e kid's decision.

Conte uomo di merda

10. Thanks (1): MVD

Greece

So Vagiannidis is leaving Panathinaikos it seems, unless a special offer comes. I guess he's more likely to join Inter than anyone else. He just wants to leave Greece now it seems.

In Italy they are saying we're going to ship him to Verona on loan.

Conte uomo di merda

Netherlands

Who was the last Greek player to play for us?

13. Thanks (1): MVD

Greece

Quote Originally Posted by ADRossi View Post
    Who was the last Greek player to play for us?
    Karagounis. There was also Choutos I guess he'd count as last but he didn't really play for us, he was just there and

Conte uomo di merda

15. Thanks (3): Il Drago, MVD, nurko

Morocco

Would you still take him?

kumbulla (2).jpg

Bulgaria

Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Spencer James View Post

kumbulla (2).jpg
    For 26mln, Yes of course.

18. Thanks (2): Capo, MVD

Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer James View Post

kumbulla (2).jpg
    In the right economic conditions, yes but 30 would be my absolute maximum.

20. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player

Saudi Arabia

10 years of FIF
    Thomas munier? A no brainer tbh
    FORZA INTER

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    I am starting to get worried that Inter are not yet linked to any quality wingback. Yo, wake up mercato dudes. First sign 2 top wingbacks, then lets talk about young Italian talents.

23. Thanks (3): Howl, Il Drago, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Question is who these quality wing backs actually are? And please, don't mention Cancelo.

Canada

Yeah there aren't many really. I haven't seen much of Meunoer but the games I have has generally been good going forward.

I'm guessing Marco's Alonso is one of the options out there.

Fav. Player
    Diego A. Milito

Japan

We will probably only sign 1 wingback unfortunately. Ashley Young has already cemented his spot as a starter and Candreva is Conte's boy on the right wing. That leaves Asamoah and D'ambrosio as backups.

We can't compete at the top level with those guys and ideally need two top class wingbacks.
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    Bayern Munich 0 - 2 FC Internazionale Milano
    35" Diego Milito
    70" Diego Milito

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

27. Thanks (1): MVD

Greece

Quote Originally Posted by Bluenine View Post
    I am starting to get worried that Inter are not yet linked to any quality wingback. Yo, wake up mercato dudes. First sign 2 top wingbacks, then lets talk about young Italian talents.
    We are probaly...set with the wing backs.

Candreva, Victor Moses with D'Ambrosio as the alternative option.
    Young, Biraghi with possibly Dimarco coming back as the alternative option. Consider that Asamoah is no longer an Inter player, or at least won't be for 2020-21. He suffered the case of acute contratitis.

We could be going for a WBL at some point but there aren't any great players there to begin with. Spending 30m on Alonso wouldn't be a great deal. But it feels like this will be the last position we'll be focusing on. Maybe we'll try to go for Gosens but 20-25m for him is also steep.

These are very unattractive positions and there aren't any bright Brazilian wing backs out there these days to fit into that role like a glove. The only player we could get that could play well in that spot imo is David Alaba, but I don't see us making a move. I'm not a huge fan of his, but he could thrive in that position given what Conte requires from his players there.

Conte uomo di merda

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    According to Romano, Inter have never approached Meunier as he isn't considered a priority, Inter aren't interested in Arias and they like Firpo but not at Barcelona evaluation (30m). So basically no news about wingbacks.
    Francesco Toldo: "Winning in this club is different; it is the satisfaction of arriving at the port after going through a storm".

30. Thanks (2): CafeCordoba, MVD

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Interesting information, I bit worrying about RWB spot. We keep seeing Candreva there (new contract rumored). At least the Firpo part is promising though I wouldn't value him even 20m€ given his flop season and Barcelona desperately trying to sell (buyer has the leverage).

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    Interesting information, I bit worrying about RWB spot. We keep seeing Candreva there (new contract rumored). At least the Firpo part is promising though I wouldn't value him even 20m€ given his flop season and Barcelona desperately trying to sell (buyer has the leverage).
    I am a bit worried about RWB spot as well. While there are some rumours from unreliable sources about left side, there's nothing about right side apart from Chiesa. I don't think it's a budget issue else they would have been all over Meunier. I can only think of two scenarios. Either they have entirely focused on Chiesa and they're waiting for Fiorentina to drop the price or they're actually considering to keep Moses. Both scenarios give me depression.

33. Thanks (2): CafeCordoba, MVD