Page 46 of 57 FirstFirst ... 364344454647484956 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019/2020 Defenders Rumours Thread

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    Vertonghen and Alderweireld both. Tottenham's backline is horrendous.

I actually really rated Alderweireld way back during his time at Atletico. I recall there was some bullshit surrounding his exit but I'm surprised they let him go and so cheaply.
    Alderweireld was very good at Southampton too, and initially under Pochettino at Spurs. I think he declined a bit after injuries a couple of seasons ago.

2. Thanks (3): Il Drago, MVD, Pajo

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    So was Vertonghen. Was a beast till 2 years ago, i have no idea how did he become so shit in the past 2 seasons. It's not like he had some ACL injury or broken leg. He did have some smaller injuries but iirc nothing serios. And he is in decline and getting old. Fuck no to both of them, even tho Toby could be useful as backup RCB.
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts

4. Thanks (2): Il Drago, MVD

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    If Godin leaves, I can see Conte wanting someone like Verthongen to be there as a veteran presence if Bastoni experiences a "sophomore slump" or something.

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    I get that, but he wont come cheap. 3-4m of wage AT LEAST. Tho on paper, bastoni with vertonhen as back up on the left, and Skriniar with Alderveireld on the right, is good to have.
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Pajo View Post
    I get that, but he wont come cheap. 3-4m of wage AT LEAST. Tho on paper, bastoni with vertonhen as back up on the left, and Skriniar with Alderveireld on the right, is good to have.
    But we want to win real trophies not just on video games.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

Vote in the OT draft you c*nts Here and here you lazy bastards

8. Thanks (2): Candreva Crosses, MVD

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Yeah, and in real world it would be Verthongen starting with Bastoni as the backup, or them splitting the games etc.

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

I don't want PL center-backs thank you very much.
    Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    It does. It has a lot of quality. I would say even Serie B has a lot of quality. Professional footballers really know how to play the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    6 Italian sides in Europe. 1 win, 2 draw, 3 losses

11. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Ibra_Deki_Mtrix

Romania

55 10 years of FIF
    FCInterNews.it reported Kurzawa`s agent is shopping him around to various clubs, including Inter, Juve, Arsenal, Manchester United and Newcastle. The 27-year-old’s salary demands are €6m per season net for the next five years.

However, it’s also reported that Juve and Inter are not particularly interested in pursuing the matter, even for a free agent. He can go fuck himself for that kind of money.

Inter have reportedly set their sights on SC Freiburg centre-back Robin Koch, but face competition from Napoli and Benfica.

According to Tuttomercatoweb, the Nerazzurri see the German defender as a potential reinforcement for Antonio Conte’s squad. He will turn 24 in July and should be available for a relatively low price, as he is only under contract until June 2021. Koch is already a senior Germany international with two caps under his belt. So far this season, the former Kaiserslautern defender has contributed two goals in 26 competitive games for Freiburg. TMW also report that Inter aren’t the only ones interested, as Napoli and Benfica have also targeted Koch.
    NULLA IMPOSSIBILE PER QUESTA SQUADRA! FORZA INTER PER SEMPRE

13. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    These agents are fucking insane. Though you gotta start up high so you can negotiate a good salary. But fuck no to Kurzawa.

Greece

It's gross guys.

Or at least I hope it is.

Conte uomo di merda

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Oh God. Not this bullshit again about Kurzawa. Why do we always have to go after mediocre fullbacks?

As for Koch, he's a ball playing cb. I wasn't aware we were looking for a De Vrij backup.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    These agents are fucking insane. Though you gotta start up high so you can negotiate a good salary. But fuck no to Kurzawa.
    Not just any agent. Our beloved Kia Joorabchian.
    Francesco Toldo: "Winning in this club is different; it is the satisfaction of arriving at the port after going through a storm".

17. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    The rumor said his agent has been shopping Kurzawa. We are not after him. So no worries.

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Inter, Atalanta & AC Milan Interested In PSG Teenager Tanguy Kouassi

Inter are one of three Serie A clubs interested in signing Paris Saint Germain teen sensation Tanguy Kouassi according to a report from French news outlet L’Equipe.

The 17-year-old has broken through at the French capital city club this term and is very highly regarded. Right footed Kouassi can play on either side at the heart of the defence and he can also play as a defensive midfielder if so required.

The France under 18 national team player has a contract with the newly crowned Ligue 1 champions until the end of season but given he is yet to turn 18, interested clubs can swoop for him and only have to pay a FIFA determined compensation amount, just like what FC Zurich did with Inter youngster Wilfried Gnonto.

The report goes on to add that Atalanta and AC Milan are both also interested in signing Kouassi.

This season Kouassi has made 15 appearances across all competitions to date, 13 of which he has made for the first team. In nearly 1100 minutes on the field he has scored three goals and provided three assists.
    Francesco Toldo: "Winning in this club is different; it is the satisfaction of arriving at the port after going through a storm".

20. Thanks (3): diamen, eduzee, MVD

Poland

Tanguy Kouassi is really top prospect. Great in the air and great with the ball, nice passer as well. He is similar to Dayot Upamecano. Let's bring him here

22. Thanks (1): eduzee

Australia

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    It's gross guys.

Or at least I hope it is.

gross, still means Inter pays the overall figure??? and the whatever is taxed the player then is left with the net income.

Or is there some specific rule im unaware of?

Greece

Quote Originally Posted by Capo View Post
    gross, still means Inter pays the overall figure??? and the whatever is taxed the player then is left with the net income.

Or is there some specific rule im unaware of?
    The club pays the entire figure but the player receives around half of that. Now with the new legislation, the imported player would be getting more of that.

As an example, we are paying Lukaku 9m annually + 1m in bonuses, so that 9m figure is after tax. His salary costs a lot more to Inter than that 9m figure.

So if you go back to the 2018-19 season, before the tax change, essentially any figure you see there should be doubled (plus a bit more) to understand the actual cost on Inter's finances. Don't have the figures now, but let's assume it was 150m in salaries, then it cost Inter a little over 300m to have that roster.

Conte uomo di merda

25. Thanks (1): eduzee

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Sidenote, Lukaku's base salary is 7.5m€, then bonuses are maybe 1-2m€ added.

That new tax legislation is pretty huge to be honest. It severally reduces the tax to be paid by the club. That's why we were able to offer Eriksen 10m€ net salary. Probably that's why our management is pondering if they should sell Lautaro so that they don't have to sign a new big contract with him and replace him with an imported player because tax effect is smaller.

27. Thanks (2): DARi0, eduzee

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    We are being linked to some Greek right back Giorgios Vagiannidis. Any information brehme?

29. Thanks (1): eduzee

Greece

Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    We are being linked to some Greek right back Giorgios Vagiannidis. Any information brehme?
    I am hyped about the kid but I've mostly seen him in crap competition (u21s) and not that many games. From people I know within the club they told me that he' was the next Seitaridis (Panathinaikos, Porto, Atletico Madrid) [the Euro 2004 right back and the next season he hit the bar in a cross he made, still having flashes of that. It was in the Adriano hatrick game iirc].

I cannot judge him because he really stood out in the kids' leagues, which is often the case for many of these kids, but he really does have potential, especially going forward. And these young kids usually are energetic for 1-2 months with the first team but then they slowly fade. Hope he's not like that. It's mostly a mental issue.

His contract runs out and his dad wanted him to get a guaranteed starting spot for next season and a very high salary given the situation of the club so they had this breakdown. I'm confident that he'd be starting next season but in this day and age, it's better for a kid to go to a club like Inter and gain exposure than stay in a bad league like the Greek one. If he's part of the first team in 2020-21, assuming he transfers, then I'll be pleasanlty surprised.

Moving to Italy may help shape his mentality to become a better professional as most Greek starlets are self absorbed morons and they end up ruining their potential.

Just a side note that this kid's move to Inter is rumoured by Italian media, the Greek media just copied that. Usually Inter's name is used by Greek media to hype up (occasionally untalented) Greek full backs but there's almost never any real contact. This one could very well be true. I don't know if he can cope with a 3-5-2 system, but if he does come, he's probably moving to Serie B on a loan deal.

Conte uomo di merda

Australia

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    The club pays the entire figure but the player receives around half of that. Now with the new legislation, the imported player would be getting more of that.

As an example, we are paying Lukaku 9m annually + 1m in bonuses, so that 9m figure is after tax. His salary costs a lot more to Inter than that 9m figure.

So if you go back to the 2018-19 season, before the tax change, essentially any figure you see there should be doubled (plus a bit more) to understand the actual cost on Inter's finances. Don't have the figures now, but let's assume it was 150m in salaries, then it cost Inter a little over 300m to have that roster.
    That's what i thought, but the gross figure sounds relatively high......

However, I am no expert on players salaries, thought Lukaku net would be somewhere around 6-7.5 mil inc bonuses