Chiesa would be an absolute monster at RWB

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    "Madonna... un macello qua"

2. Thanks (1): DARi0

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    He would be totally wasted at RWB. Also I don't see his future as RWB, but as an offensive player in 4-3-3 as right forward. It's a waste of talent putting Chiesa to constantly press opponents and track back in Conte's wing back dog role. That's the main priority of wing backs for Conte. Waste of our resources also splash 50m€+ for a player to a position which isn't even his.

4. Thanks (5): acroMacho, Il Drago, MKSerbia, MVD, _OC_

Fav. Player
    Youth team

Canada

Looks like Rube have joined the Kambulla sweepsteaks. This went very quiet, fast. Maybe Zinho's potential return has us out of the running.
    FORZA INTER TILL I DIE! Mi chiamo Salvatore.

Fav. Player
    Squad Depth

Canada

Chiesa is no better or worse at defending than any option we have at WB. He also fights like a dog and is dynamic in possession and counter attacking. If anything, Fiorentina's reliance in him has helped to round out his game. Considering how much defensive coverage we have with 3 CBs + defensively strong Barella and Brozovic, Chiesa would have freedom to attack and not be taxed with back tracking. He wouldn't even be used the way Candreva is because he much more skilled. Candreva cant dribble out of trouble, he cant defend, he doesnt draw fouls and his offensive contributions are wildly inconsistent. The more talent conte has the more flexible he can be with positioning and instructions. Maicon is a perfect example of how proper midfield coverage can allow offensive threats to push on without being exposed at the back.

7. Thanks (4): DARi0, diamen, thatdude, varmin

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Chiesa would make a good RWB. When he's 32. That's in 10 years time. Anything prior to that is wasting his career and potential.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

Vote in the OT draft you c*nts Here and here you lazy bastards

9. Thanks (2): CafeCordoba, diamen

Australia

Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    Question is who these quality wing backs actually are? And please, don't mention Cancelo.
    Am i missing something? whats wrong with Cancelo, I thought he was very good for us and we should have redeemed him to be fair.

11. Thanks (1): eduzee

Vietnam

Quote Originally Posted by Capo View Post
    Am i missing something? whats wrong with Cancelo, I thought he was very good for us and we should have redeemed him to be fair.
    He is good but he has been overpriced. No one pays more 50m for him and ManCity wouldn't agree anything lower than that either, as he costed them 65m.

Fav. Player
    Il Fenomeno

Italy

I would like Hakimi
    Nel bene e nel male, forza Internazionale!!

#IcardiOut

14. Thanks (2): Candreva Crosses, eduzee

Poland

There are some names in my notes. Not all of them I rate very much, but they seem to be better than our current ones (or are nice prospects at least which can develop to be better) and there are some chances to buy them (listing Alphonso Davies, Hamiki or Renan Lodi seems to be pointless)

Left wingback:
    Marcos Alonso, Emerson Palmieri, Filip Kostić, Junior Firpo, Bukayo Saka, Robin Gosens, Luca Pellegrini (owned by Juve, but seems to be doable), Theo Hernandez, Layvin Kurzawa, Sead Kolasinac, Nicolas Tagliafico

Right wingback:
    Federico Chiesa, Emerson Royal, Youcef Atal, Hector Bellerin, Thomas Meunier (seems to be almost done transfer by BVB), Serginho Dest

So there are no many options, some of them are really expensive (Chiesa, Theo, Alonso) or are a bit meh (Kurzawa, Firpo).

I'm not sure if it's not better approach to find a youngster who can develop and give him time and have a short-term player as a wingback. The problem is that there are really mediocre players in Italy at this position and transfers from abroad are risky (maybe except Marcos Alonso).

Fav. Player
    Squad Depth

Canada

I would argue that you're limiting Chiesa's potential by keeping him as an attacking forward. Great teams will continue to adjust and pocket him in to areas where he has no space to run and dribble, thus exposing his rather poor passing range. Candreva has often has quite a bit of space thanks to barella and brozovic, except he doesnt do anything with it.

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

Lets all be honest. We want a fucking 4 defense formation.
    Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    It does. It has a lot of quality. I would say even Serie B has a lot of quality. Professional footballers really know how to play the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    6 Italian sides in Europe. 1 win, 2 draw, 3 losses

Fav. Player
    Squad Depth

Canada

Amen to that.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

19. Thanks (1): eduzee

Quote Originally Posted by Candreva Crosses View Post
    I feel like 3 at the back suited the squad we had last summer, but now we're stacking midfielders and need to find ways to get them all involved.
    The problem is we don't have any strong fullbacks in the squad either. And they would be needed to provide width in a diamond midfield.
    I suspect Conte will at least experiment with 4 at the back, but it wouldn't make all our problems disappear immediately either.

21. Thanks (2): eduzee, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

Quote Originally Posted by RickyMaravilla'sRightFoot View Post
    I feel like 3 at the back suited the squad we had last summer, but now we're stacking midfielders and need to find ways to get them all involved.
    The problem is we don't have any strong fullbacks in the squad either. And they would be needed to provide width in a diamond midfield.
    I suspect Conte will at least experiment with 4 at the back, but it wouldn't make all our problems disappear immediately either.
    I'd spend all Icardi money on a good full-back. Hakimi lvl.

This would solve fullback issue and midfield issue.
    It does. It has a lot of quality. I would say even Serie B has a lot of quality. Professional footballers really know how to play the game.

23. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Hakimi agent has made it clear his client will be at Real next season.

- - - Updated - - -

Absolutely. I always hated back 3 formations. I would actually love not just a back 4 formation but specifically a return of the diamond.
    Francesco Toldo: "Winning in this club is different; it is the satisfaction of arriving at the port after going through a storm".

Netherlands

I don't really care what formation we play, the problem is finding wingbacks of quality is close to impossible. As long as we have the likes of Candreva and Biraghi starting games for us we'll never take the next step.

26. Thanks (5): CafeCordoba, eduzee, Jnr, Lui, MVD

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Il Drago View Post
    Hakimi agent has made it clear his client will be at Real next season.

- - - Updated - - -

Absolutely. I always hated back 3 formations. I would actually love not just a back 4 formation but specifically a return of the diamond.
    Idgaf about hakimi's agent. Show them the money and they'll come like the rest of this world. Just look at how football is starting again with Corona going on And italy is going to play the game with audience?

28. Thanks (1): MVD

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Funny how so many hated it back in January 2019 when I was advocating the 4-3-1-2 and now it's the go to formation of everyone
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

Vote in the OT draft you c*nts Here and here you lazy bastards

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    Funny how so many hated it back in January 2019 when I was advocating the 4-3-1-2 and now it's the go to formation of everyone
    Honestly the arrival of Eriksen changed everything, I'd play any formation that features a CAM spot at this point.
    Inter Banter Era; 2011-2018 Mudingayi, Schelotto, Rocchi Gone but not forgotten

31. Thanks (2): MVD, thatdude

Poland

the problem is that finding good fullbacks is also a challenge.

33. Thanks (1): emosjonellspiller