Page 127 of 138 FirstFirst ... 2777117124125126127128129130137 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,540 of 2752

Thread: 2019/2020 Midfielders Rumours Thread

  1. #2521
    n4l's Avatar
    Join Date
    22 Jul 07
    Posts
    8,414
    Thanked
    12,736 times
    Fav. Player
    Mancini

    Trinidad & Tobago

    45 10 years of FIF
    miss you on FiFwhatsapp
    .
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnr View Post
    I swear to god Inters squad goes from Nikolai Tesla and Einstein ( Skrino&DeVrij) to Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey the more you go up higher.

  2. Thanks (2): MVD, Zoro

  3. #2522
    Wobblz's Avatar
    Join Date
    05 Aug 12
    Posts
    8,753
    Thanked
    17,190 times
    Fav. Player
    Baggio

    Bulgaria

    33
    I'd group us, Atletico and Dortmund in the same category - ambitious clubs with some spending power that aren't there yet financially. Not selling clubs, but if a great offer comes I'm sure even we would sell our stars, Skriniar or Lautaro. We just can't refuse some offers and the same goes for the other two teams.
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. Itís never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. Itís a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    ó Massimo Moratti


  4. Thanks (2): Irequis, MVD

  5. #2523
    brehme1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 Jan 05
    Posts
    19,111
    Thanked
    14,578 times

    Greece

    10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobblz View Post
    I'd group us, Atletico and Dortmund in the same category - ambitious clubs with some spending power that aren't there yet financially. Not selling clubs, but if a great offer comes I'm sure even we would sell our stars, Skriniar or Lautaro. We just can't refuse some offers and the same goes for the other two teams.
    We've never done that though. Ever.

    The only example is Kovacic who was for some odd reason deemed surplus by our coach and not a regular starter. But we never sold a player because the offer was "wow".

    We only sell if we don't want the player or the player wants out for whatever reason.

    But we did hire an executive who's made a career out of that, so that part of Inter has died and I'm not surprised that Skriniar or Lautaro may eventually be sold within the next 18 months.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda


    Conte uomo di merda

  6. Thanks (2): eduzee, Nothing

  7. #2524
    Wobblz's Avatar
    Join Date
    05 Aug 12
    Posts
    8,753
    Thanked
    17,190 times
    Fav. Player
    Baggio

    Bulgaria

    33
    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    We've never done that though. Ever.

    The only example is Kovacic who was for some odd reason deemed surplus by our coach and not a regular starter. But we never sold a player because the offer was "wow".

    We only sell if we don't want the player or the player wants out for whatever reason.

    But we did hire an executive who's made a career out of that, so that part of Inter has died and I'm not surprised that Skriniar or Lautaro may eventually be sold within the next 18 months.
    Yeah, you're right - we never did that cause top teams never even considered players from our trash squad... Any half-decent players we had we sold, maybe Brozovic is the only player that could've been sold but wasn't and that's partly because he wasn't even that good consistently until recently.
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. Itís never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. Itís a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    ó Massimo Moratti


  8. Thanks (2): MVD, Wings

  9. #2525
    brehme1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 Jan 05
    Posts
    19,111
    Thanked
    14,578 times

    Greece

    10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobblz View Post
    Yeah, you're right - we never did that cause top teams never even considered players from our trash squad... Any half-decent players we had we sold, maybe Brozovic is the only player that could've been sold but wasn't and that's partly because he wasn't even that good consistently until recently.
    I'm pretty sure Handanovic and Icardi had offers "we couldn't refuse" but we just did so. Same applies with both Skriniar and Lautaro recently. Surely our list of players was underwhelming, but we never ever done this and it shouldn't be considered a trait of ours.

    We sold Eto'o because we wanted to get rid of his fat contract.
    We sold Zlatan because he wanted out.
    We sold Ronaldo because the coach did not want him around.
    We sold Simeone because the coach was afraid of him... Seriously, that was pretty much the reasoning. Not physically, but the influence around him. Same applied with Pagliuca.
    We sold Crespo because he also fell out with the coach after pre-season ended. The same coach that sold Ronaldo exactly 12 months prior to that by the way. We managed to end up with Julio Cruz because we run out of time. That's like going from Messi to Duvan Zapata within two seasons. I love Cruz but that's the harsh truth, he's the indirect Ronaldo replacement, hence the #9.
    We sold Roberto Carlos because he had a fall out with the coach for the silliest reason ever.
    We sold Coutinho because he was a pretty much an underappreciated backup.
    We sold Kovacic because the coach had no clue of where to use him in his system.
    We sold Thiago Motta because he wanted out.

    We're more of a family than a selling club. We buy players and let them retire here or let them go for free to retire some place else.

    There are countless of examples of players we had offers for but never sold. We get rid of players, we do not sell them. That's the nature of a club of Inter's stature. Dortmund and Atletico Madrid aspire to reach that level, we have fallen off but we are hoping to reach that level again. And the only way to do that is to not embrace tactics that Tier2 clubs do. Which is to be a "selling club".
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda


    Conte uomo di merda

  10. Thanks (2): Nothing, Sqnalkel

  11. #2526
    Wobblz's Avatar
    Join Date
    05 Aug 12
    Posts
    8,753
    Thanked
    17,190 times
    Fav. Player
    Baggio

    Bulgaria

    33
    Icardi had a release clause - if anyone wanted him at that valuation he'd be gone, whether we wanted to sell him or not.

    Handanovic, hypothetically, could've attract such an offer but let's not forget that we bought him when he was 29 and rich top clubs (capable of making such offers in the first place) are usually after the youngest most promising possible player, as visible by the transfers of Alisson, Ederson, Neuer, Ter Stegen, Oblak etc... All under 25 at the time.

    Edit: Also, I'm referring to modern times, not the Moratti sugar-daddy times. We aren't this team anymore, the last time we were relevant was a decade ago.
    Last edited by Wobblz; 05 Jan 20 at 20:58.
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. Itís never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. Itís a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    ó Massimo Moratti


  12. Thanks (2): MVD, Wings

  13. #2527
    FIF MVP .h.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08 Jun 05
    Posts
    21,585
    Thanked
    23,082 times
    Fav. Player
    Inter1-0Wanda
    Old name
    browha

    Europe

    25 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobblz View Post
    Yeah, you're right - we never did that cause top teams never even considered players from our trash squad... Any half-decent players we had we sold, maybe Brozovic is the only player that could've been sold but wasn't and that's partly because he wasn't even that good consistently until recently.
    and, to be honest, the financial side has really accelerated in recent years. I'd wager the proportion value of a top player to the rest of the club has gone maybe 3-4% up to 10-15% in the recent years. And in those recent years, we've not really had that star level... arguably the closest you'd make a case for is when Perisic had a big offer from Utd, Skriniar was getting chased, or maybe Perisic.

  14. Thanks (1): Lui

  15. #2528
    delaurentis's Avatar
    Join Date
    05 Dec 09
    Posts
    789
    Thanked
    716 times
    Fav. Player
    4,19,22,25

    Belgium

    Eriksen would be absolutely great for the long term.

    Call me crazy, but I believe Vidal would be the better short term solution (knows Conte's system, Serie A)

  16. Thanks (2): MVD, rfU

  17. #2529
    CafeCordoba's Avatar
    Join Date
    07 Mar 04
    Posts
    24,231
    Thanked
    14,668 times
    Fav. Player
    Lautaro

    Finland

    39 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by delaurentis View Post
    Eriksen would be absolutely great for the long term.

    Call me crazy, but I believe Vidal would be the better short term solution (knows Conte's system, Serie A)
    Yes, Vidal is optimal for the short-term. Eriksen for the long-term. Vidal costs a lot in terms of his value in our books, probably almost as much as Eriksen would be given his contract would be shorter. And he wouldn't be a bench player at least in his last season.

  18. Thanks (1): MVD

  19. #2530
    andrei's Avatar
    Join Date
    02 Nov 11
    Posts
    1,137
    Thanked
    956 times
    Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

    Romania

    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    I'm pretty sure Handanovic and Icardi had offers "we couldn't refuse" but we just did so. Same applies with both Skriniar and Lautaro recently. Surely our list of players was underwhelming, but we never ever done this and it shouldn't be considered a trait of ours.

    We sold Eto'o because we wanted to get rid of his fat contract.
    We sold Zlatan because he wanted out.
    We sold Ronaldo because the coach did not want him around.
    We sold Simeone because the coach was afraid of him... Seriously, that was pretty much the reasoning. Not physically, but the influence around him. Same applied with Pagliuca.
    We sold Crespo because he also fell out with the coach after pre-season ended. The same coach that sold Ronaldo exactly 12 months prior to that by the way. We managed to end up with Julio Cruz because we run out of time. That's like going from Messi to Duvan Zapata within two seasons. I love Cruz but that's the harsh truth, he's the indirect Ronaldo replacement, hence the #9.
    We sold Roberto Carlos because he had a fall out with the coach for the silliest reason ever.
    We sold Coutinho because he was a pretty much an underappreciated backup.
    We sold Kovacic because the coach had no clue of where to use him in his system.
    We sold Thiago Motta because he wanted out.

    We're more of a family than a selling club. We buy players and let them retire here or let them go for free to retire some place else.

    There are countless of examples of players we had offers for but never sold. We get rid of players, we do not sell them. That's the nature of a club of Inter's stature. Dortmund and Atletico Madrid aspire to reach that level, we have fallen off but we are hoping to reach that level again. And the only way to do that is to not embrace tactics that Tier2 clubs do. Which is to be a "selling club".
    You are cooking again the reality with some players like Ronaldo or Crespo. They wanted out or we decided to sell them.
    And by the way, we are not such a great club as painted out! I love this club for over 20 years and I will always love it. But the only time in history when Inter was real powerhouse, "creme de la creme" was in '60, when in the span of 9 years we play 4 CL finals, or what the fuck it name was then.
    That was the only time. Mou's treble was only a one year wonder!

  20. #2531
    brehme1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 Jan 05
    Posts
    19,111
    Thanked
    14,578 times

    Greece

    10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by andrei View Post
    You are cooking again the reality with some players like Ronaldo or Crespo. They wanted out or we decided to sell them.
    And by the way, we are not such a great club as painted out! I love this club for over 20 years and I will always love it. But the only time in history when Inter was real powerhouse, "creme de la creme" was in '60, when in the span of 9 years we play 4 CL finals, or what the fuck it name was then.
    That was the only time. Mou's treble was only a one year wonder!
    I do not disagree fully*, but that does not change the fact that what I said earlier stands. We are not a selling club. There are very few and rare occasions in our history where a player wanted to leave "for a bigger club" whilst being here. Unfortunately for us, that's very recent history and we have been an unattractive location for top talent.

    The only case I can recall was when Zlatan wanted to play for Barcelona as did almost every kid who played for Ajax during that time.

    *Mid80s and most of the 90s we were up there too. In fact, I'd say we were amongst the top 10 of Europe throughout the 90s which is a hard feat given the fluidity of the decade. The lack of domestic silverware is what holds me from saying top 5. Some other top teams from back then were Barcelona, Ajax, Milan (with a break in the mid 90s), Juventus, Real Madrid (mid90s and on), Man Utd, Dortmund and Marseille(early 90s).
    In this era it's clearer to discuss "top teams" because you have this fully inclusive Champions League where everyone competes. Back then, it didn't really matter. Only 1 team made the European Cup, one made the Cup Winners' Cup and a couple made the Uefa Cup. All tournaments were considered prestigious and there wasn't this naivety from players saying "I don't want to move to this club because they are not in the Champions League". It became a point of reference a little after the turn of th millenium where the big money started to pour.
    In the 80s, it was even more fluid but I'm pretty sure landing Rummenigge, Matthaus, Brehme and Hansi Muller back then is something extraordinary that all the top teams would be envious of.

    I'd say that we were a top 10 team in the 2000s as well. Throughout that decade you had Milan, Juventus (until 2006) from Italy, Man Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool from England, maybe Arsenal as well, Bayern and of course Barcelona and Real Madrid. The other contenders for that other spot were Lyon and Valencia. Could also say Roma here, but it feels that we are ahead of all three of these and Liverpool is only saved by their CL miracles while Real Madrid is there due to their early 2000s glories since they were abysmal in the second part of the decade.

    P.S: Essentially 60s is where European football starts to be relevant. Euro starts, Champions Cup pretty much is cemented as from the mid 50s it was a small competition where Real Madrid would win all the time and the 70s was a weird decade for Italian clubs with transfers pretty much restrained.

    P.S2: Maybe people are too confused by the modern game (2012 and on in particular) where there's just a handful of standard teams that are always there due to the protection of the status quo that FFP has provided for them, but football was much more fluid in the past. So I'd say Inter is indeed a "creme de la creme" club. As is Milan who are nowhere to be seen. Once resurrected, they'll instantly become an attractive destination. We currently are an attractive destination, people do not seem to digest that.

    P.S.3: To give some perspective to that, for the 2010s, the top teams have been Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern, Juventus, Liverpool, Man City, Atletico and PSG. Then there's Sevilla, Chelsea and Dortmund with their ups and downs. Even Liverpool could be in the second list. I think it's safe to claim that Inter's 2000s were fairly similar to Man City's 2010s, very strong domestically, a threat in Europe but not really the biggest threat, not even from country.
    Last edited by brehme1989; 05 Jan 20 at 23:53.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda


    Conte uomo di merda

  21. Thanks (1): junior55

  22. #2532
    Wings's Avatar
    Join Date
    24 Aug 13
    Posts
    3,612
    Thanked
    6,301 times

    South Korea

    14
    Quote Originally Posted by rfU View Post
    Many of the players Dortmund has sold they've replaced with better players or improved depth. Selling clubs don't do that.
    A lot of selling clubs do that.

    But the truth is that every club is a selling club for the right price except for a select few. We're not in that category realistically.

  23. Thanks (3): Il Drago, MVD, pazza moratti

  24. #2533
    Il Drago's Avatar
    Join Date
    21 Dec 15
    Posts
    7,703
    Thanked
    17,539 times
    Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

    Greece

    Most Improved Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rfU View Post


    Dormtund is financially responsible, they nearly went bankrupt in the 2000s so the intent is to not spend money they don't have. On top of that they have a good scouting network (Haaland was on the books since 2017) so there's little incentive to break transfer fees. Further to that the Bundesliga is not an eye catching league so the only way to attract world class players like Bale or Neymar is offer insane wages (ala Bayern) which is not a course Dortmund will ever take.

    Many of the players Dortmund has sold they've replaced with better players or improved depth. Selling clubs don't do that.
    My post wasn't a sort of criticism towards your club. I actually have huge respect for Dortmund. They almost went bankrupt and few years later they won two titles in a row and they were CL finalists. At first people thought that it was Klopp behind their smart deals and then they were saying the same about Mislintat but they kept making great deals even when both of them left. But their successful deals aren't a matter of one person, but a whole system is behind them. Like you say, their scouting network is top notch and they usually know when to buy and when to sell a player. They're one of the best managed clubs in Europe.

    But this doesn't change the fact they sell at least one of their best players almost every summer. Perhaps it's a necessity for the club to grow both financially and on the pitch but in my eyes it makes them a selling club.
    Last edited by Il Drago; 06 Jan 20 at 09:41.
    Antonio Conte: "During the season, I advise my players to have sex for short periods and with the minimum of effort, and better use positions where they are under their partners. And preferably, with their wives, because if with others, well, that needs extra action".

  25. Thanks (2): MVD, Wobblz

  26. #2534
    DARi0's Avatar
    Join Date
    20 Mar 07
    Posts
    7,203
    Thanked
    5,806 times
    Fav. Player
    Ibra_Deki_Mtrix

    Romania

    55 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by ElDuccio View Post
    Cagliari want's 80 mil for Nandez
    Sorry but how can you mis-interpret italian statements like that? are you not italian?

    TuttoMercatoWeb: “Nandez is a Cagliari player and I do not see why we should sell our starters. If offers of €80-90 million arrive then we will see what happens..” - Cagliari sporting director Marcello Carli.
    Football-Italia: "He will stay with us, unless someone offers €80m for him, then I don’t know." - Cagliari sporting director Marcello Carli.

    Of course he was intentionally exaggerating, did you really not get it? That`s NOT the asking price, let`s please not confuse people here on FIF.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shark View Post
    I bet Paratici has left 47 missed calls on Eriksen's agent's phone. I'm genuinely wondering why he hasn't been linked more strongly to the Serie B champions.
    Why the fuck would he join stacked merda juBentus? Midfielders are publicly crying for playing time. Can, Ramsey and Rabiot have been snatched up for economic reasons rather than footballing ones. Eriksen is a smart guy and knows what he wants. He & his agent would for sure pocket a bigger amount if moving in summer, so I would be surprised to see him move now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wobblz View Post
    I don't believe we are anywhere near close to signing Eriksen but if we somehow miraculously manage to land him this January I'm pretty confident we are winning the league with him. Hell slot in just like Sneijder did back in the day.
    I could troll and write "but Conte does not use AM", however I agree. These are very rare opportunities on the market and we must do everything possible to take advantage: now or in summer. It all depends on the player`s will, after all.
    NULLA … IMPOSSIBILE PER QUESTA SQUADRA! FORZA INTER PER SEMPRE

  27. #2535
    YoramG's Avatar
    Join Date
    19 May 13
    Posts
    3,246
    Thanked
    6,142 times
    Fav. Player
    Skriniar

    Italy

    Aaaaand De Paul scores as well. I wonder if we were to be linked with Piatek, would he start scoring with every touch as well?
    Inter Banter Era; 2011-2018 Mudingayi, Schelotto, Rocchi Gone but not forgotten

  28. Thanks (2): MVD, rfU

  29. #2536
    rfU's Avatar
    Join Date
    30 Jul 09
    Posts
    3,658
    Thanked
    1,578 times
    Fav. Player
    JZ4



    Quote Originally Posted by Il Drago View Post
    But this doesn't change the fact they sell at least one of their best players almost every summer. Perhaps it's a necessity for the club to grow both financially and on the pitch but in my eyes it makes them a selling club.
    Not sure how you're defining selling club, but here's an example of when we sold one of our stars: Mkhitaryian has a great 3rd season with Dortmund, his agent Raiola looks to take advantage of this, Dortmund offer him 7M, Man United offer 14M. Sold. To put it simply 9 times out of 10 Dortmund lose players to financial behemoths like Bayern, Man United, Barca and Real Madrid who Dortmund can never dream of competing with because of crazy or skewed TV deals in their favor. You talk about financial growth but take note of Dortmund's place on the Forbes list and then consider Dortmund has zero debt. It's a matter of smart business sense. Again, all players sold have been replaced with better players (except Auba and Lewa) or more quality depth. Can't say the same for Ajax.
    "Last person I called "Darling" was pregnant 20 seconds later!" Lord Flashheart.

  30. #2537
    Il Drago's Avatar
    Join Date
    21 Dec 15
    Posts
    7,703
    Thanked
    17,539 times
    Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

    Greece

    Most Improved Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rfU View Post
    Not sure how you're defining selling club, but here's an example of when we sold one of our stars: Mkhitaryian has a great 3rd season with Dortmund, his agent Raiola looks to take advantage of this, Dortmund offer him 7M, Man United offer 14M. Sold. To put it simply 9 times out of 10 Dortmund lose players to financial behemoths like Bayern, Man United, Barca and Real Madrid who Dortmund can never dream of competing with because of crazy or skewed TV deals in their favor. You talk about financial growth but take note of Dortmund's place on the Forbes list and then consider Dortmund has zero debt. It's a matter of smart business sense. Again, all players sold have been replaced with better players (except Auba and Lewa) or more quality depth. Can't say the same for Ajax.
    I think my post was clear but lets do this again. You mention the reasons why you sell your players, and i agree with them, but this doesn't chage the fact Dortmund sell a starter every single summer. I am sorry but in my eyes it makes them a selling club. You have a different opinion, which is perfectly fine, so lets agree we disagree.

    Btw it wasn't just Auba and Lewa. Gotze, Gundogan and Hummels also weren't replaced by better players.
    Antonio Conte: "During the season, I advise my players to have sex for short periods and with the minimum of effort, and better use positions where they are under their partners. And preferably, with their wives, because if with others, well, that needs extra action".

  31. Thanks (2): MVD, Nothing

  32. #2538
    eduzee's Avatar
    Join Date
    09 May 18
    Posts
    599
    Thanked
    541 times
    Fav. Player
    sdv,skri,epic

    Ukraine

    Quote Originally Posted by rfU View Post
    Not sure how you're defining selling club, but here's an example of when we sold one of our stars: Mkhitaryian has a great 3rd season with Dortmund, his agent Raiola looks to take advantage of this, Dortmund offer him 7M, Man United offer 14M. Sold. To put it simply 9 times out of 10 Dortmund lose players to financial behemoths like Bayern, Man United, Barca and Real Madrid who Dortmund can never dream of competing with because of crazy or skewed TV deals in their favor. You talk about financial growth but take note of Dortmund's place on the Forbes list and then consider Dortmund has zero debt. It's a matter of smart business sense. Again, all players sold have been replaced with better players (except Auba and Lewa) or more quality depth. Can't say the same for Ajax.
    Are you a BVB fan?

  33. Thanks (1): rfU

  34. #2539
    rfU's Avatar
    Join Date
    30 Jul 09
    Posts
    3,658
    Thanked
    1,578 times
    Fav. Player
    JZ4



    Quote Originally Posted by Il Drago View Post
    Btw it wasn't just Auba and Lewa. Gotze, Gundogan and Hummels also weren't replaced by better players.
    "Or quality in depth" Consider Gundogan is very injury prone and Gotze had that metabolism problem. Right about Hummels but fuck that guy.

    Btw, keeping on topic, Gotze is available on a free this summer. I would hesitate to call him a vice Sensi but he does put in a very decent shift in midfield when needed.
    "Last person I called "Darling" was pregnant 20 seconds later!" Lord Flashheart.

  35. #2540
    ElDuccio's Avatar
    Join Date
    10 Mar 13
    Posts
    9,246
    Thanked
    8,971 times
    Fav. Player
    Il Fenomeno

    Italy

    37
    People believe that Eriksen will join at the end
    https://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/sondaggi/sondaggio-720
    Nel bene e nel male, forza Internazionale!!

    #IcardiOut

  36. Thanks (2): MVD, rfU

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •