Page 165 of 166 FirstFirst ... 65115155162163164165166 LastLast
Results 3,281 to 3,300 of 3314

Thread: 2019/2020 Midfielders Rumours Thread

Fav. Player
    Don't have one.

Bosnia Herzegovina

I wouldn't say he was below average, but he was not on the level he was in his first season here. He already started slightly to decline last season under spalleti. Right now i m not sure what exactly is the case, system or further decline. Still, an acceptable defender even for a three man defense but I don't necessarily see a difference between him and dambro when they play that position, so for me he is replaceable.

Now, is he the right sacrificial lamb for a player like ndombele who is full of uncertainties, it's really difficult to say, I would be more happy with getting cash for him tbh.

Oh and i really, really don't give a shit about "what will happen when conte leaves, and we sell players who fit more in a four man defense" argument. None of these players imo are nowhere near good enough for me to think about that.

2. Thanks (1): hitmax

Fav. Player
    Nicolooo

Falkland Islands

0 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    The key thing here to look at is potential vs their market value.

Skriniar has more market value today than De Vrij, Bastoni, or most of our squad. At the same time, his potential is lesser. Another season like the one he had, and his market value will plummet. And at the moment, is is looking like that.

I definitely feel D'Ambrosio is a better fit for RCB than Skriniar is. He adds a lot more to our game.

The Skriniar of 2 seasons ago was fierce as a lion, he had a great sense of when to tackle, wasn't intimidated by any forward. What we have today, is a pussy version of that. Not only does he gets beaten by many easily, but he loses far too many physical battles as well. His tendency to go down with the lightest of touches beats anyone else's in our squad, much worse than Lautaro.

Other fact is that he hasn't scored for 2 seasons now. And that threat is very important in a CB. He scored a lot in his first season, but that has gone away with the rest of his attributes.

For our 3-man defence today -
    RCB - D'Ambsorio > Skriniar
    CB - De Vrij > Skriniar
    LCB - Bastoni > Skriniar

Sure all that could change in a 4-man defence, but we know that isn't happening for a while. And even if it does, a De Vrij-Bastoni partnership might be better than Skriniar partnering either of them. The others are better than him from a distribution and ball playing ability perspective, they are more of a goalscoring threat, and not comparable in other aspects of the game.

I have enjoyed Skriniar's (early) performances a lot, but his game hasn't developed since then. And this seems to me not a sacrifice to raise funds, but a practical call where the player may not reach the potential we believe he has. If he does, I'll be happy for him. But today it seems like he is heading down the Kovacic/Coutinho path where the potential remained that.
    IO SONO INTERISTA

4. Thanks (3): Hasan, hitmax, Lui

Fav. Player
    Skriniar37

Indonesia

Watch Conte turn Ndombele to Pogba

Why Conte want Ndombele because he can turn him to Pogba or Kante, depend on what type we need.
    Lautaro Martínez: Argentina's next big thing
    Milan Skriniar : Next Best Defender In The World

Vietnam

Brozo
    Sensi
    Barella
    Eriksen
    Gags
    Valero
    Vecino
    Tonali
    Nainggolan
    Mario
    Now Ndombele? They are playing pokemon or what?

Fav. Player
    Don't have one.

Bosnia Herzegovina

If you start to analyze that list closely you will identify maybe three players you can seriously rely on, everyone else is either injury prone, needs time to develop some more and adapt to system or just plain shit.

8. Thanks (3): IM21, magnesium, Palacio

Fav. Player
    Squad Depth

Canada

I'm one of those idiots who thinks this swap is a great idea. Ask me anything.
    "Madonna...é un macello qua"

10. Thanks (2): Hasan, Palacio

Fav. Player

Albania

Forum Supporter
    The swap is actually a great idea but if it involves Brozo, not Skriniar. Skriniar should stay.

12. Thanks (3): CafeCordoba, MVD, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Squad Depth

Canada

Big problem with our midfield this season has been playing the ball while under pressure. We too often tend to go back to handa to restart attacks. Ndombele is a terrific passer, defender and dribbler who directly solves that problem. Had a great run in CL for Tottenham as well. Rejection of this swap has more to do with the unreasonable lack of faith in Conte and Marotta than it does Ndombele's abilities. He's everything you want, you just dont know it yet.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Vietnam

Quote Originally Posted by vex View Post
    If you start to analyze that list closely you will identify maybe three players you can seriously rely on, everyone else is either injury prone, needs time to develop some more and adapt to system or just plain shit.
    Well, you cant see them as non-existent. We are paying to all of them. To dump garbage,we need to sell at least 5 before buying more midfielder otherwise the buyer wont offer more than an option to buy. And why the hell are we extending Valero if we (at least Conte) wouldnt rely on him?

Colombia

If we gonna do something as stupid as selling Skriniar, then swap him for Kante or someone of that caliber.
    If this idiot of conte don’t want him no more, then he can easily be sold to the EPL for 90M!!! they buy overpriced junk for even more money over there.

It’s true that he hasn’t been playing good, but he’s still a top defender. This season wasn’t great, but it wasn’t a total disaster to decide to sell him.

Maybe Marotta is thinking that selling him for 90M or 60M as is reported and getting Kumbulla for 30 is amazing business. Which it really could be.
    Kumbulla is perfect for a back 3 and the games I seen him he’s been amazing but idk, I would give Skriniar another season to decide to sell him.

16. Thanks (1): Nothing

Fav. Player
    Squad Depth

Canada

This season skriniar has had moments of greatness mixed with occasions where hes looked like a complete pylon. There is significant risk in keeping him and selling him. This is a tough call for marotta.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

18. Thanks (2): Eddie, thatdude

Fav. Player
    ur mom
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    FcIN - Skriniar wants to stay, no to the Tottenham hypothesis. For Ndombele easier an exchange with Brozovic or Perisic.

Losing Skriniar would be a sin! Conte is a moron for not playing one of the best 4 man defenders in the game in his natural position anyway. It would kill him to adapt his game to what we are actually strong in... Stubborn mule, that's why I will never like him and he will never be prime Mou level. Mou saw that 433 wasn't working with us so he changed to what we were used to and won the league and the treble!
    Conte doesn't change shit, not really. That's why we didn't win anything in Italy.

U have top defenders for 4 man df like Skrin and Godin and you play 3 man df... Hahaha, fuck me sideways

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

20. Thanks (3): Eddie, MVD, Vertigo

Norway

Quote Originally Posted by JJM View Post
    FcIN - Skriniar wants to stay, no to the Tottenham hypothesis. For Ndombele easier an exchange with Brozovic or Perisic.

Losing Skriniar would be a sin! Conte is a moron for not playing one of the best 4 man defenders in the game in his natural position anyway. It would kill him to adapt his game to what we are actually strong in... Stubborn mule, that's why I will never like him and he will never be prime Mou level. Mou saw that 433 wasn't working with us so he changed to what we were used to and won the league and the treble!
    Conte doesn't change shit, not really. That's why we didn't win anything in Italy.

U have top defenders for 4 man df like Skrin and Godin and you play 3 man df... Hahaha, fuck me sideways

Ur so wrong in so many ways but that Skriniar is a top defender for a 4 man defense there your right but is that all that matter now?

how shortsighted can you be..

22. Thanks (1): Lui

Fav. Player
    Adriano

Belgium

Rather keep Bro and Skriniar. Try to offload Perisic + some money if you really need Ndombele
    Forza Internazionale Milano
    Buffalo KAA Gent - Belgian Champions 2014-2015

24. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    ur mom
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by moii View Post
    Ur so wrong in so many ways but that Skriniar is a top defender for a 4 man defense there your right but is that all that matter now?

how shortsighted can you be..
    Work with what u have and stop asking for 1000 new players every time u can't win an important game... Irritating shit

26. Thanks (2): brakbrak, MVD

Fav. Player
    Inter1-0Wanda
    Old name
    browha

Europe

25 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    ideal is a defense that gets the best out of skriniar, bastoni and de vrij. 2 out of 3 isnt shabby tbh.

28. Thanks (2): Candreva Crosses, vex

Bulgaria

Forum Supporter
    As far as i remember, Marotta takes into account the will of the player. So, if Skriniar wants to stay, i don't think that Marotta will push him out. Other option is if his agent tries to lure him with more money.

Netherlands

No sane footballer (who isn't English) would accept a move to Spurs if they already play for Inter

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by varmin View Post
    As far as i remember, Marotta takes into account the will of the player. So, if Skriniar wants to stay, i don't think that Marotta will push him out. Other option is if his agent tries to lure him with more money.
    Surely you aren't serious. We just pushed out 2 players last summer against their will. I'm sure others (like Asamoah) will be "pushed" out as well this summer.

The whole "will of the player" only applies to people we want to keep, but they want to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by I4E View Post
    "Fatigue cost us full points. Fiorentina had 4 weeks more rest than us while we literally just got off the bus returning from Rome and didn't even have to bother changing out of our kits" - Antonio (coaching Inter for fun) Conte.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    Where is Diego Armando Eriksen?

32. Thanks (1): thatdude

Bulgaria

Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by n4l View Post
    Surely you aren't serious. We just pushed out 2 players last summer against their will. I'm sure others (like Asamoah) will be "pushed" out as well this summer.
    Lol. If you mean Icardi and Perisic (or 9N), that is totaly irrelevant comparison.