Page 65 of 76 FirstFirst ... 15556263646566676875 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 1507

Thread: 2019/2020 Midfielders Rumours Thread

  1. #1281
    Shark's Avatar
    Join Date
    30 Aug 11
    Posts
    4,334
    Thanked
    7,929 times
    Fav. Player
    Adriano

    Switzerland

    12
    Conte's press conference live youtube chat was flooded with "sms" comments.

    Are there any new developments or are the rumors at the same stage as last week (= Poli+Gaglia+cash)?
    It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world.

  2. #1282

    Join Date
    05 Mar 04
    Posts
    7,265
    Thanked
    611 times
    Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

    Nepal

    21 10 years of FIF
    There is no doubt we need some additions and changes in the midfield. We have been discussing about this since long and may be we are awaiting for outgoings mainly. Brozo, Barella, Sensi, Vecino wont be enough at all. First of all, none are World class players. All wont perform all the time, then there are subs to be made, rest, form is never permanent, injuries.

    I watched the games last night. We cant afford to compare with Juve (Napoli squad has good depth as well) but even Fiorentina starting/sub players seemed quality, as compared to what we can expect from the likes of Valero, Gagliardini, J.Mario. Hope the young french dude surprises us all.

    One more week left.

  3. #1283

    Join Date
    13 Feb 19
    Posts
    82
    Thanked
    119 times

    United States

    Quote Originally Posted by Pravesh View Post
    There is no doubt we need some additions and changes in the midfield. We have been discussing about this since long and may be we are awaiting for outgoings mainly. Brozo, Barella, Sensi, Vecino wont be enough at all. First of all, none are World class players. All wont perform all the time, then there are subs to be made, rest, form is never permanent, injuries.

    I watched the games last night. We cant afford to compare with Juve (Napoli squad has good depth as well) but even Fiorentina starting/sub players seemed quality, as compared to what we can expect from the likes of Valero, Gagliardini, J.Mario. Hope the young french dude surprises us all.

    One more week left.
    You're right, but if we are stuck praying that a youngster whose name nobody could even spell until last month will somehow save the day, that says something about our transfer market so far. And that something ain't good.

  4. #1284
    morepoststhanu JJM's Avatar
    Join Date
    10 Aug 07
    Posts
    39,904
    Thanked
    54,281 times
    Fav. Player
    ur mom
    Old name
    icardiscores

    Slovenia

    91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    SMS Depends on sales of Mario, Icardi, maybe someone else... GAGS, POLI...


    Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

  5. Thanks (2): MVD, thatdude

  6. #1285
    Demenza Senile's Avatar
    Join Date
    06 May 16
    Posts
    948
    Thanked
    933 times
    Old name
    raiden

    Aaland

    I dont think SMS can happen anymore.Lotito put him on the market and invited bids earlier in the market so that there would be time for Lazio to get a replacement.That didnt materialise.They dont have to sell him now.IMO Lazio has a good starting 11 to get a top 4 place this season.They've done reasonably well under Simone in Europe as well and are the club to beat RuBE to a trophy which all the other clubs in this league have been failing hard to do.Unless we make a huge money move now[80-100 million] i dont think they will sell.When the United attempt to get him failed we should have come in and tried bargaining for a 50 million plus Gags offer for him but we didnt.

    I totally blame Suning for this.This was simply the market when they had to go big and land 2-3 big names.Instead we've spent huge sums on a Lukaku who is not rated as highly as the price that we've paid for him.I expect us to make a Vidal type loan deal but thats simply papering over the cracks without actually fixing it and could easily turn out like the Ninja deal.I would prefer SMS over Vidal any day and its sad we are still doing the bare minimum over here.You dont win trophies by doing the bare minimum but only get 4th spot which is what we've been doing for 2 seasons now.Our squad is not dethroning RuBe and not winning anything in Europe.Infact its fair to say we will once again fight for 4th spot this year and if thats the case then getting Conte seems like a waste because he will be gone soon and we will be saddled with chaps like Lukaku who nobody will want and like Icardi we once again will have a striker who we cant sell.What a vicious cycle this could be.Its imperative Suning stop doing the bare minimum and actually give us a leap on the pitch instead of doing stuff from the dugout onwards to new shining office buildings.

  7. Thanks (1): n4l

  8. #1286

  9. #1287
    moii's Avatar
    Join Date
    23 Dec 16
    Posts
    297
    Thanked
    321 times

    Norway

    Saw the Lazio game and Milinkovic Savic was stellar, put on a absolutely clinic, looked energized and quick throughout the game and provided brilliant passing and touches left and right.

    Completely bossed it.

    OH boy would this boy fit into what were missing aswell as our system aswell!

  10. Thanks (2): DARi0, thatdude

  11. #1288
    n4l's Avatar
    Join Date
    22 Jul 07
    Posts
    8,255
    Thanked
    12,398 times
    Fav. Player
    Mancini

    Trinidad & Tobago

    45 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Demenza Senile View Post
    I dont think SMS can happen anymore.Lotito put him on the market and invited bids earlier in the market so that there would be time for Lazio to get a replacement.That didnt materialise.They dont have to sell him now.IMO Lazio has a good starting 11 to get a top 4 place this season.They've done reasonably well under Simone in Europe as well and are the club to beat RuBE to a trophy which all the other clubs in this league have been failing hard to do.Unless we make a huge money move now[80-100 million] i dont think they will sell.When the United attempt to get him failed we should have come in and tried bargaining for a 50 million plus Gags offer for him but we didnt.

    I totally blame Suning for this.This was simply the market when they had to go big and land 2-3 big names.Instead we've spent huge sums on a Lukaku who is not rated as highly as the price that we've paid for him.I expect us to make a Vidal type loan deal but thats simply papering over the cracks without actually fixing it and could easily turn out like the Ninja deal.I would prefer SMS over Vidal any day and its sad we are still doing the bare minimum over here.You dont win trophies by doing the bare minimum but only get 4th spot which is what we've been doing for 2 seasons now.Our squad is not dethroning RuBe and not winning anything in Europe.Infact its fair to say we will once again fight for 4th spot this year and if thats the case then getting Conte seems like a waste because he will be gone soon and we will be saddled with chaps like Lukaku who nobody will want and like Icardi we once again will have a striker who we cant sell.What a vicious cycle this could be.Its imperative Suning stop doing the bare minimum and actually give us a leap on the pitch instead of doing stuff from the dugout onwards to new shining office buildings.
    Agree on the first paragraph, but not the second. Not sure how you want to blame suning. They've spent/committed over 200M in transfers in this mercato & another 100M+ on leadership/coaching changes.
    .
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnr View Post
    I swear to god Inters squad goes from Nikolai Tesla and Einstein ( Skrino&DeVrij) to Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey the more you go up higher.

  12. Thanks (5): Anne Marie, Shark, Stefan, thatdude, _OC_

  13. #1289
    Demenza Senile's Avatar
    Join Date
    06 May 16
    Posts
    948
    Thanked
    933 times
    Old name
    raiden

    Aaland

    Quote Originally Posted by n4l View Post
    Agree on the first paragraph, but not the second. Not sure how you want to blame suning. They've spent/committed over 200M in transfers in this mercato & another 100M+ on leadership/coaching changes.
    Us not being able to raise any money from Ninja,Perisic and Icardi definitely hampers us.And is it not Zhang Jnr who is refusing to sell Icardi to JuBe?

    Judging by what people here have been saying about Barella in pre season do you think it would have been better if we hadnt spent that money on him and instead gotten SMS for example?

    A Sensi-SMS-Brozovic midfield does look tasty right now.


    You are right that Suning are doing well and atleast our revenues are up but i just feel this was the summer when with a new coach we shouldnt have held back at all.With FFP gone we needed to get more quality than what we've gotten so far.Iam sure Suning expected money from sales and we've thoroughly faiiled at that.We've spent 200 million but to win trophies it seems we needed to spend 300 million and if we could make sales we would perhaps have spent that too but thats not happened sadly.

    Just makes me wonder that we've collected so much garbage these past few seasons thats its a miracle we managed to get UCL these past 2 years.

    I guess i am just really disappointed right now because after watching all the other teams play so far i feel squad wise we are looking at another year of 4th place is the trophy and need to blame somebody.Perhaps its not Suning but the mgmt which tanked Icardi's price but then hardly any serious bids came from overseas for him anyway.


    Anyway i'll say that for me personally if we can get 1 of Dybala or SMS in this week then i will consider the Mercato a resounding success.Otherwise i'd say its been a mediocre to bad mercato.

  14. #1290

    Join Date
    27 May 12
    Posts
    3,525
    Thanked
    1,498 times
    Fav. Player
    Sensi

    Albania

    Forum Supporter
    .......

  15. #1291

    Join Date
    08 Jul 14
    Posts
    4,588
    Thanked
    5,990 times

    South Africa

    Think it's hard to call this a mediocre to bad mercato if we don't sign Dybala or SMS. Conte, Barella, Sensi, Lukaku, Lazaro, Godin is not disastrous. Not spectacular, but not a failure. And as N4L pointed out Suning's willingness to invest cannot be doubted. Suning may not be breaking transfer records but they are spending big money and they are not being reckless either. Winning the scudetto should not be the expectation of a squad that lost its big players and finished 4th last season. In addition I don't fault Marotta for our transfer strategy revolving around signing Lukaku when he was Conte's number 1 target. I'm not saying that we shouldn't be ambitious, but I'm just not agreeing with the frustration ahead of the new season (not only talking about your post). I see more discipline, respect, and intensity in the club than in previous seasons. Even if Conte does not win the scudetto here, which would certainly be a disappointment, I expect him to improve this club in a big way in terms of mentality and training intensity.


  16. #1292
    Demenza Senile's Avatar
    Join Date
    06 May 16
    Posts
    948
    Thanked
    933 times
    Old name
    raiden

    Aaland

    Yeah maybe i am letting my senility depress me a bit too much.

  17. #1293

    Join Date
    29 Jan 13
    Posts
    1,090
    Thanked
    1,457 times

    Kuwait

    It would be depressing if we don’t get an SMS or an Eriksen.. fuck Icardi manz

    Not getting someone like that means we have to wait another year before we can think of competing on all fronts.

  18. Thanks (1): Linege

  19. #1294
    Revv's Avatar
    Join Date
    03 Oct 13
    Posts
    427
    Thanked
    275 times
    Fav. Player
    MS37, SH1, MB77

    United States

    Yo eriksen might be leaving for cheap.

  20. #1295

    Join Date
    06 Sep 11
    Posts
    3,641
    Thanked
    3,621 times

    Vietnam

    Quote Originally Posted by bandiera View Post
    Think it's hard to call this a mediocre to bad mercato if we don't sign Dybala or SMS. Conte, Barella, Sensi, Lukaku, Lazaro, Godin is not disastrous. Not spectacular, but not a failure. And as N4L pointed out Suning's willingness to invest cannot be doubted. Suning may not be breaking transfer records but they are spending big money and they are not being reckless either. Winning the scudetto should not be the expectation of a squad that lost its big players and finished 4th last season. In addition I don't fault Marotta for our transfer strategy revolving around signing Lukaku when he was Conte's number 1 target. I'm not saying that we shouldn't be ambitious, but I'm just not agreeing with the frustration ahead of the new season (not only talking about your post). I see more discipline, respect, and intensity in the club than in previous seasons. Even if Conte does not win the scudetto here, which would certainly be a disappointment, I expect him to improve this club in a big way in terms of mentality and training intensity.
    Oh shit.

    Bandiera, may I introduce you to that guy brehme?

    @brehme1989


  21. #1296
    morepoststhanu JJM's Avatar
    Join Date
    10 Aug 07
    Posts
    39,904
    Thanked
    54,281 times
    Fav. Player
    ur mom
    Old name
    icardiscores

    Slovenia

    91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    Rodrigo De Paul back on the menu for us.

    Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

  22. Thanks (1): MVD

  23. #1297
    DARi0's Avatar
    Join Date
    20 Mar 07
    Posts
    6,833
    Thanked
    5,313 times
    Fav. Player
    Ibra_Deki_Mtrix

    Romania

    55 10 years of FIF

    Sergej Milinković-Savić

    ^^ De Paul? What source have you been reading?
    Fiorentina are on the verge of a €30m deal for Udinese star Rodrigo de Paul, with Giovanni Simeone possibly heading the other way. Tuttomercatoweb and Sportitalia both report an agreement is close to being found for €25m plus €5m in bonuses. However, they do not rule out a player being included in the transaction to possibly lower Fiorentina’s outlay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluenine View Post
    I have a feeling that if Inter can sell Icardi for cash, we will get SMS. If not, then we will get Vidal.
    Yepp, this seems to be the case. Unfortunately Icardi is blocking this and some FIF members still dream to see him play for us

    Quote Originally Posted by ADRossi View Post
    People here do think a little too highly of SMS. He's not a world-class midfielder, and he's coming off a season that honestly wasn't particularly good. On-form he's one of the five best midfielders in the league, but if he has another disappointing season this year then suddenly he's trending towards Belotti territory (one great season with two ducks in a row).
    If I was SMS, I would have cooled my performances a bit, because Lotito`s asking price was just not realistic. So if he wanted to get out of Lazio, he had to temper a bit. Of course this is only my personal speculation, some sporting director could have told him to "calm down because this way you`re out of our leage." Funny you say that last season wasn`t particularly good, must mean all other midfielders in Serie A had a horrible season?
    The new Serie A season begins today and some players will be wearing special commemorative patches as the best of 2018-19.

    Other patches represent the winners of the inaugural Serie A MVP Awards, handed out based on a statistical analysis.

    They are Inter goalkeeper Samir Handanovic, Napoli defender Kalidou Koulibaly, Lazio midfielder Sergej Milinkovic-Savic, Sampdoria forward Quagliarella and Juventus star Cristiano Ronaldo. Roma starlet Nicolò Zaniolo was named best young player.
    I think what you`ve meant is he did not score 14 goals like in his 2017-2018 season?

    Opta stats are quite relevant, I saw a couple even more astonishing ones than these [can`t find now, perhaps others can share]:
    Opta: SMS is the youngest midfielder to have scored at least nine goals in Top-5 european leagues 2017/18. - Feb 2018
    Squawka: Sergej Milinkovic-Savic is the only player for Lazio this season to win over 50 tackles and created over 40 chances: Useful at both ends of the pitch - Mai 2018
    He is still only 24 and 1.91m tall, great to win aerial duels. Move seems blocked by Icardi, so it seems we might have to postpone this transfer.

    Latest: According to Sky, the request of Lazio for Sergej Milinković-Savić is only €70M. The sum wanted by president Claudio Lotito remains high but it is much less than a year ago which was over €100M. However, it is now very difficult for him to leave on the very last week of summer transfer window, although the situation can change at any moment.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluenine View Post
    Barca paid €18m for him last summer, and that fee was low because he was surplus and in his final year of contract at Bayern. If we get Vidal on a loan with 20m option, that should be considered a decent negotiation.

    Of course, that doesn't explain why we are spending money on Vidal when we had Nainggolan. Also I would much rather Inter splurge big money on someone like SMS instead.
    According to FCIN, Arturo Vidal who is now out of Barcelona’s plans and has been put up for sale for €15M. Giuseppe Marotta is studying the situation and is ready to take action for last-minute loan with option to buy operation, as long as Joao Mario leaves. Vidal wants to play for Conte again with whom there was contact in recent weeks. Both Vidal & Alexis Sanchez share the same agent in Felicevich.

    Quote Originally Posted by A.l.i View Post
    FIF’s SMS fascination keeps on rolling. In the end, we’ll get Vidal lol.
    Most probably. Now FIF thank Icardi.
    NULLA É IMPOSSIBILE PER QUESTA SQUADRA! PAZZA INTER AMALA * FORZA INTER PER SEMPRE

  24. #1298
    brehme1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 Jan 05
    Posts
    16,978
    Thanked
    12,084 times

    Greece

    10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Sorry to burst your line of thought Dario, but we got Lukaku with the money we had available for SMS. Now we'll have to get creative if we want him.

    Icardi is an Inter player that doesn't want to leave so allocating your budget on the notion that you'll sell him makes no sense and is borderline retarded.
    Our MF need is much higher than getting a striker.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda


    Conte uomo di merda

  25. Thanks (1): Sqnalkel

  26. #1299
    Universe's Avatar
    Join Date
    27 Jan 09
    Posts
    21,105
    Thanked
    43,236 times
    Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

    South Korea

    89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    Quote Originally Posted by qb4ever_2k View Post
    Oh shit.

    Bandiera, may I introduce you to that guy brehme?

    @brehme1989
    Bring back Peppino.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

  27. #1300
    Ziyad's Avatar
    Join Date
    04 Mar 04
    Posts
    12,472
    Thanked
    3,317 times

    Bahrain

    Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    Sorry to burst your line of thought Dario, but we got Lukaku with the money we had available for SMS. Now we'll have to get creative if we want him.

    Icardi is an Inter player that doesn't want to leave so allocating your budget on the notion that you'll sell him makes no sense and is borderline retarded.
    Our MF need is much higher than getting a striker.
    I think the priority for Conte was always to get Lukaku so he was the main purchase. SMS or whomever else comes second and if you figure the management wanted icardi out that makes it a more urgent priority so the money wasn’t allocated for sms and spent on Lukaku as you would like to believe.
    Ziyad Of Boston

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •