Page 37 of 63 FirstFirst ... 273435363738394047 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019/2020 Midfielders Rumours Thread

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

United States

86 FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    I guess Mancini > Ancelotti too.

P..S. Do we consider that Ancelotti shouldn't be accounted for seasons 2004-5 and 2005-6? Or if we do, shouldn't wr consider that they'd probably win those as well if the league wasn't tainted?

Ya, if Mancini won his without all the stuff that happened off the field, then I would say he was better too. Unfortunately there will always be a big fat * next to his Serie A wins, so no I do not think he is better than Ancelotti.
    This season is unfortunately a 5 season setback. We were 1.5 mercato away from becoming a top team, now won't really have expectations of winning an important trophy until 2025.

Somalia

Quote Originally Posted by vitomins View Post
    Ya, if Mancini won his without all the stuff that happened off the field, then I would say he was better too. Unfortunately there will always be a big fat * next to his Serie A wins, so no I do not think he is better than Ancelotti.
    The counter to this is, both Juve and Milan were implicated in the calciopoli scandal. So on a fair league Mancini would've probably won it anyway.

My point is they cheated and got punished so we can't hold that on Mancini and say your wins were tainted.

He didn't benefit from cheating like they did and on a fair league he destroyed them and won.

And yh I'm a huge Mancini fan

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

3. Thanks (1): sikman

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    Even many Milan fans are of the opinion that Ancelotti was underwhelming in Italy. In 11 years of managing in Serie A, he's only won one scudetto.

I'd agree that for a manager of his repute, he's under delivered domestically.

He won the league with PSG and Bayern. Both teams are obviously undisputed top dog of their league, with vastly superior spending power to their nearest rival. He came close but lost out to Atletico and failed to break Barca's domestic dominance during his two years at Madrid.

With the exception of the 2009/10 EPL title he won with Chelsea, his league titles since 2003/04 have come relatively unchallenged.

In Europe, there's no question who has done better.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

\_(ツ)_/

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

United States

Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    Even many Milan fans are of the opinion that Ancelotti was underwhelming in Italy. In 11 years of managing in Serie A, he's only won one scudetto.

I'd agree that for a manager of his repute, he's under delivered domestically.

He won the league with PSG and Bayern. Both teams are obviously undisputed top dog of their league, with vastly superior spending power to their nearest rival. He came close but lost out to Atletico and failed to break Barca's domestic dominance during his two years at Madrid.

With the exception of the 2009/10 EPL title he won with Chelsea, his league titles since 2003/04 have come relatively unchallenged.

In Europe, there's no question who has done better.

He also took over PSG when they were in first place and failed to win the league with them in that season.
    This season is unfortunately a 5 season setback. We were 1.5 mercato away from becoming a top team, now won't really have expectations of winning an important trophy until 2025.

6. Thanks (1): Universe

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    And conte won with cheat scum juve in an all-time low serie A. Does that count? Conte delivered an EPL (tinkerman says hi) then flopped in 2nd season "when he got his way"..
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnr View Post
    I swear to god Inters squad goes from Nikolai Tesla and Einstein ( Skrino&DeVrij) to Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey the more you go up higher.

Netherlands

In approximately the past fifteen seasons of top-flight Italian football, four managers have won at least one Scudetto. According to this forum, 3 of them are mediocre

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    In that case, shouldn't there be a bigger fatter * next to Conte's scudetti, both Inter and Milan had self destructed leaving no competition for Conte's Juve. At least in Mancini's case, Milan were still quite strong (CL champions etc).

All this * business are just excuses. Usually loser's excuses, except in case of some apologetic Inter fans who like to demean their own club's accomplishments. If you were saying that Lippi's scudetti have a big fat * next to them, I can understand - they were won under very dubious circumstances with a whole lot of shit going around in the background by Moggi. But Mancini's scudetti? Those were as brilliant as any, perhaps even more of an accomplishment then Mourinho's scudetti as they broke a very long negative cycle.

10. Thanks (1): sikman

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

United States

Quote Originally Posted by Bluenine View Post
    In that case, shouldn't there be a bigger fatter * next to Conte's scudetti, both Inter and Milan had self destructed leaving no competition for Conte's Juve. At least in Mancini's case, Milan were still quite strong (CL champions etc).

All this * business are just excuses. Usually loser's excuses, except in case of some apologetic Inter fans who like to demean their own club's accomplishments. IMO Mancini's scudetti were as brilliant as any, perhaps even more of an accomplishment then Mourinho's scudetti as they broke a very long negative cycle.

I fail to see how two clubs performing badly in the league is the same as two clubs being completely removed from the league....

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

I fail to see how two clubs performing badly in the league is the same as two clubs being completely removed from the league....
    Two clubs removed? As far as I remember, only Juve were "removed" from the league. Milan went on to win the CL.

Anyways, the point I was making is that Mancini's Inter won the Scudetti against tougher opposition than Conte's Juve. So why would you think of accomplishment of Mancini's Inter any less than Conte's Juve?

Somalia

I don't understand why do we have to suffer for those 2 clubs mistakes anyway? It is not like inter encouraged them to cheat. So why do we have to look at those titles differently?

It's either they cheated or they didn't. If they did then all that means is we would've won before 2006. Therefore Mancini and his team were the deserving champions.

If they didn't cheat then we might aswell give back the 05/06 title back and probably every other title after that.

I'm with the first argument which have been proven. So which argument represents you?

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

United States

Two clubs removed? As far as I remember, only Juve were "removed" from the league. Milan went on to win the CL.
    Sorry, they started -8. Still not the same as a team that starts on level ground and just sucks lol.

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

Sorry, they started -8. Still not the same as a team that starts on level ground and just sucks lol.
    Fact remains that Conte's scudetti were easier to win than Mancini's scudetti. I don't know how much of a Inter fan you were those days or how old you were, but I can tell you that all Milan fans I knew then were laughing at that -8 penalty saying stuff like Milan will still finish 10 points ahead of Inter. Those days were like that. It was -8 for a team which won the CL that season, and finished 36 points behind Inter in Serie A.

Those Scudetti were a huge accomplishment for Inter. As much as any scudetti for any team. Never demean that, dude.

16. Thanks (2): sikman, Wobblz

10 years of FIF
    Impressive guys. You are all showing real creativity at undermining and watering down all the accomplishments of Mancini, Conte and Ancelotti. I've now realized that they are all absolute bollocks. And always have been too.

18. Thanks (3): CafeCordoba, Dylan, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Marotta
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    My god not Mancini fanboy club again.

I am avoiding this, we have been over this.
    Dr. Marotta

20. Thanks (4): Dylan, Kakaroto, Linege, n4l

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

Romania

Fact remains that Conte's scudetti were easier to win than Mancini's scudetti. I don't know how much of a Inter fan you were those days or how old you were, but I can tell you that all Milan fans I knew then were laughing at that -8 penalty saying stuff like Milan will still finish 10 points ahead of Inter. Those days were like that. It was -8 for a team which won the CL that season, and finished 36 points behind Inter in Serie A.

Those Scudetti were a huge accomplishment for Inter. As much as any scudetti for any team. Never demean that, dude.
    Probably I am alone or one of very few who believe that without any of calciopoli or other shit, we would have been on the third place. I remember very well those years. Milan and Juventus were better. Just superior. It doesn't matter how much I love Inter, but really I cannot say we would have won! Because i don't believe that!
    After 2007 Berlusconi started to dismantle his team. First wih Schevchenko and the defense, next year Kaka. They weren't a competitor anymore.

Fav. Player
    ur mom
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by andrei View Post
    Probably I am alone or one of very few who believe that without any of calciopoli or other shit, we would have been on the third place. I remember very well those years. Milan and Juventus were better. Just superior. It doesn't matter how much I love Inter, but really I cannot say we would have won! Because i don't believe that!
    After 2007 Berlusconi started to dismantle his team. First wih Schevchenko and the defense, next year Kaka. They weren't a competitor anymore.
    From what alternative universe u from then? If it wouldn't happen... It happened... End off... Who the fuck cares how good cheaters were...

If so good they were? Why cheat? :YodaVoice:

And no u not alone

There are a lot of masochistic around here keeping u company

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

23. Thanks (2): MVD, Ziyad

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

United States

Sorry, I completely disagree. And I am probably around the same age as you, so I remember everything fine.

25. Thanks (1): Wings

Fav. Player
    Marotta
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    I am pretty sure everyone was a bigger fan back then than recent years.

It shoots straight up over the roof every time we do some coach change and everyone comes back for a while and the enthusiasm dies down along with the team’s honeymoon period. And then we have to go to the police with a list of missing people.

Same shit, rinse and repeat since 2010.

I am not saying this is an absolute for everyone, but at least this is the general degree of fandom I witnessed on this forum since 2005.
    Dr. Marotta

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    And there is no asterisk for Conte's league wins, ok...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ADRossi View Post
    In approximately the past fifteen seasons of top-flight Italian football, four managers have won at least one Scudetto. According to this forum, 3 of them are mediocre
    Yes and maybe that should be an indication for everyone who thinks otherwise that you don't need a great coach to win in Serie A but mostly a club that does the Italian things right. And that usually means following all the wrongdoings. The manager is usually just for decoration. It's been like this for decades, it's not something new. Owners have the power and the say and it's all down to the fucked up system's appetite.

The only one of the "mediocres" that has showed something in Europe is Allegri. And as much as he's nowhere near being elite, he's far better than both Mancini and Conte.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

10 years of FIF
    No, there are no bloody asterisks besides Conte's Scudettos. Would like to remind you that the last two seasons before Conte arrived Juve was 7th in league. First under Ferrara and Zaccheroni and then under Delneri.

In 2011-2012 Juventus was completely transformed, losing zero games in league. If this season is not an impressive achievement for a coach, I don't know what is.
    Last edited by Johnny Ludlow; 13 Jul 19 at 09:33.