Page 139 of 150 FirstFirst ... 3989129136137138139140141142149 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,780 of 2994

Thread: 2019/2020 Midfielders Rumours Thread

Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Serie B View Post
    Not sure where we'd play Chiesa, wing back?

I think Erick Pulgar would be a great addition. 4 goals and 3 assists whilst giving more defensive contribution than Brozovic... I reckon he would provide greater depth and competition to the midfield. Only downside would be price (recent addition to the Viola) and not as young at 26 than some others named here.
    Not sure where Chiesa would play, i do know if we sign him then our formation will need to change 4-3-3? Chiesa isnt RWB, RM then that is viable.

Chiesa >> Candreva in any case.

2. Thanks (1): MVD

Bulgaria

Forum Supporter
    Inter Milan reportedly want Barcelona to include Arthur in any potential deal to take Lautaro Martinez to the Camp Nou.

Tuttosport reckon that the Nerazzurri are fully expecting a Barcelona approach for Martinez over the summer and value him at €150 million.

His big price tag is likely to prove a problem for the Spanish champions, but they may be able to get the price down by throwing in a player.

Previous reports have suggested that Inter are pretty keen on Arturo Vidal or Ivan Rakitic, but the latest report states that actually Arthur is the man Antonio Conte wants.

The Brazilian has had a bit of a mixed second season at Barca.He started the season strongly but missed a big chunk of the campaign due to injury and has only made 12 starts in La Liga.

It’s not known if Barca would be willing to let Arthur go after just two seasons, but Quique Setien has praised him as “an extraordinary footballer who understands everything.”
    Does this Arthur can replace Vecino as a starter. Because, Eriksen obviously couldn't do it

4. Thanks (1): thatdude

Fav. Player
    Ibra_Deki_Mtrix

Romania

55 10 years of FIF
    I think we are looking for a solid, physical player profile to replace Vecino. Conte needs his warrior, and if SMS is out of range, we might return to Vidal, or newly linked Tolisso.

GdS reports that a new name was thrown into the mix, with Tolisso reportedly available for €35m. Conte allegedly tried to bring the Bayern midfielder to Chelsea and now Gazzetta dello Sport suggests that he will return to Munchen this summer.

Tolisso arrived in Bavaria from Olympique Lyonnais in July 2017 for €41.5m and has played 68 games, contributing 14 goals and 12 assists, across all competitions for Die Roten.
    NULLA É IMPOSSIBILE PER QUESTA SQUADRA! FORZA INTER PER SEMPRE

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Tolisso is injury prone. I would stay away from him. Especially for the price Bayern are asking.
    Francesco Toldo: "Winning in this club is different; it is the satisfaction of arriving at the port after going through a storm".

7. Thanks (2): MVD, Palacio

Fav. Player
    06/09SuperMario

Ukraine

Quote Originally Posted by DARi0 View Post
    I think we are looking for a solid, physical player profile to replace Vecino. Conte needs his warrior, and if SMS is out of range, we might return to Vidal, or newly linked Tolisso.

GdS reports that a new name was thrown into the mix, with Tolisso reportedly available for €35m. Conte allegedly tried to bring the Bayern midfielder to Chelsea and now Gazzetta dello Sport suggests that he will return to Munchen this summer.

Tolisso arrived in Bavaria from Olympique Lyonnais in July 2017 for €41.5m and has played 68 games, contributing 14 goals and 12 assists, across all competitions for Die Roten.
    I don’t understand why there are so many rumors about the center midfielders and center defenders, when we actually need to take the wing backs and at least 2 strikers.
    Brozovic(Gagliardini), Barella(Nainggolan), Eriksen(Sensi)+Agoume or Kinkoue should be enough!

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by sdvroot View Post
    I don’t understand why there are so many rumors about the center midfielders and center defenders, when we actually need to take the wing backs and at least 2 strikers.
    Brozovic(Gagliardini), Barella(Nainggolan), Eriksen(Sensi)+Agoume or Kinkoue should be enough!
    Ermm, Nainggolan ain't coming back.

Agoume and Kinkoue are not Inter level players.
    At least one of Gagliardini and Vecino will be on the transfer block, probably both.
    Sensi isn't ours yet and we may not pull the trigger if he fails his medical test. I expect he'll be coming permanently, just saying that he's not a lock yet.

So that leaves us with Eriksen who Conte doesn't really rate for any 3-5-2 role, Brozovic, Barella, one of Vecino and Gagliardini or none and we need at least 6 players there plus a veteran to replace Valero perhaps for the 7th spot instead of a young filler.

That means we are looking at probably 2 new central midfielders in the summer. Hopefully one of them is a big name that can live up to expectations. That's a key ingredient of what separates us from most top teams.

Hopefully the two guys are SMS and Tonali. That has the capacity of making us CL and obviously Scudetto contenders overnight assuming our winbgacks aren't complete liabilities if we keep this 3-5-2 going.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

Fav. Player
    06/09SuperMario

Ukraine

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    Ermm, Nainggolan ain't coming back.

Agoume and Kinkoue are not Inter level players.
    At least one of Gagliardini and Vecino will be on the transfer block, probably both.
    Sensi isn't ours yet and we may not pull the trigger if he fails his medical test. I expect he'll be coming permanently, just saying that he's not a lock yet.

So that leaves us with Eriksen who Conte doesn't really rate for any 3-5-2 role, Brozovic, Barella, one of Vecino and Gagliardini or none and we need at least 6 players there plus a veteran to replace Valero perhaps for the 7th spot instead of a young filler.

That means we are looking at probably 2 new central midfielders in the summer. Hopefully one of them is a big name that can live up to expectations. That's a key ingredient of what separates us from most top teams.

Hopefully the two guys are SMS and Tonali. That has the capacity of making us CL and obviously Scudetto contenders overnight assuming our winbgacks aren't complete liabilities if we keep this 3-5-2 going.
    But I wouldn’t be so sure about Nainggolan, somewhere in the news about 2 months ago there was a chance of a comeback... In general, there will be a very unpredictable transfer window, the team can completely change its faces My opinion is better to focus on free fullbacks Kurzawa and Munier and one big striker - Giroud again.

Greece

Meunier has signed with Dortmund.

No point in Giroud. Summer will provide lots of opportunities. If you want a big striker that can also score, there's Dzyuba on a free, but he takes up a non-EU spot.

Kurzawa is not that good.

Also, obviously at this stage we don't even know if the season will end so it's quite premature to discuss potential transfer targets but of course we don't have much else to discuss.

Conte uomo di merda

Fav. Player
    06/09SuperMario

Ukraine

There is no agreement, in negotiations stage...but I think yes, he will go there...
    https://www.transfermarkt.com/psg-co...ew/news/356373

also La Gazzetta dello Sport link us with Dominik Szoboszlai
    https://www.passioneinter.com/mercat...inter-in-scia/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    Meunier has signed with Dortmund.

No point in Giroud. Summer will provide lots of opportunities. If you want a big striker that can also score, there's Dzyuba on a free, but he takes up a non-EU spot.

Kurzawa is not that good.

Also, obviously at this stage we don't even know if the season will end so it's quite premature to discuss potential transfer targets but of course we don't have much else to discuss.
    Dzyuba

Netherlands

Kurzawa is terrible

14. Thanks (2): Il Drago, MVD

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Exclusive: Juve-Inter, here we go again - the new battle after Kulusevski

Juventus and Inter are ready to compete for more players. Just like last summer and winter in the negotiations for Lukaku and Kulusevski, history could repeat itself in a few months with regards to Tonali and Castrovilli. As our reporter Fabrizio Romano states, it could be the new big battle.

Inter have been following the midfielder closely for months and Antonio Conte has given his stamp of approval. In short, Castrovilli is considered a perfect addition to the Nerazzurri and that's why talks have already started with Fiorentina.

However, Juventus are still considered in the race for the player. Fabio Paratici is keeping an eye on him and is certainly no out of the game. On the other hand, the relations between the clubs is different from Inter, while it must also be stressed that Fiorentina want to keep the player for another year.

Just like what happened in January for Kulusevski, the Derby d'Italia clubs could be back at it again. Inter have been working on him for some time and feel the advantage but Juve haven't disappeared.
    https://www.calciomercato.com/en/new...er-kulus-12615
    Francesco Toldo: "Winning in this club is different; it is the satisfaction of arriving at the port after going through a storm".

16. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    06/09SuperMario

Ukraine

Fiorentina have issued a strong hands off warning to Inter with them telling the Nerazzurri that they will have to cough up no less than €100 million if they wish to sign Gaetano Castrovilli according to a report from Italian news outlet CalcioMercato.it.
    Castrovilli is reportedly one of Inter’s top targets for the upcoming Summer transfer window and the Nerazzurri club told Fiorentina they were willing to pay €50 million but Fiorentina president Rocco Commisso hit back and demanded twice that.
    Castrovilli has had a breakthrough season this term at La Viola and had cemented himself as one of the best midfielders in Serie A and one of the most promising midfielders around at the moment.
    The 23-year-old, who is under contract with the Stadio Artemio Franchi until the end of the 2023/24 season, has made 26 appearances across all competitions to date this season in which he has scored three goals and provided two assists.

Fav. Player
    Luciano Moggi

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by sdvroot View Post
    Fiorentina have issued a strong hands off warning to Inter with them telling the Nerazzurri that they will have to cough up no less than €100 million if they wish to sign Gaetano Castrovilli according to a report from Italian news outlet CalcioMercato.it.
    Castrovilli is reportedly one of Inter’s top targets for the upcoming Summer transfer window and the Nerazzurri club told Fiorentina they were willing to pay €50 million but Fiorentina president Rocco Commisso hit back and demanded twice that.
    Castrovilli has had a breakthrough season this term at La Viola and had cemented himself as one of the best midfielders in Serie A and one of the most promising midfielders around at the moment.
    The 23-year-old, who is under contract with the Stadio Artemio Franchi until the end of the 2023/24 season, has made 26 appearances across all competitions to date this season in which he has scored three goals and provided two assists.
    No way this dude is going for more than Tonali.
    Commisso can come kisso my arse.

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Italy

I think Commisso may actually be willing to put the time and effort into transforming Fiorentina into, at least, a constant EL team. I don't think we'll be having any favourable mercato deals with them any time soon.

Not that they were happening anyway, other than the Dalbert-Biraghi swap. That fucking Salah saga.
    Inter Banter Era; 2011-2018 Mudingayi, Schelotto, Rocchi Gone but not forgotten

20. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Luciano Moggi

Italy

Then Castrovilli can suffer. We will have the whole Italian central midfield with Tonali, Sensi and Barella, then Castrovilli won't get a look in into the national team.

Hopefully he realizes this and requests a transfer

Fav. Player
    Ibra_Deki_Mtrix

Romania

55 10 years of FIF
    Inter are seriously considering to sign Arsenal’s Spanish full back Hector Bellerin in the summer, according to a report from Italian media outlet FcInterNews today. I really liked him before the injury, haven`t watched ever since. How is he doing nowadays?

It`s obvious that we are going to try strenghthen our wings. From what it seems, we are targeting Alonso/Palmieri for the left and Chiesa/Bellerin for the right.

Sport Mediaset: Coronavirus emergency has had a heavy impact on football’s transfer market, lowering Chiesa’s cost to around €50 million. Inter coach Antonio Conte has long been a great admirer of the 22-year-old Italian forward, who is contracted to the Florence based club until 2022. According to the report, Conte would play Chiesa as a wingback in his 3-5-2 system, similar to how Victor Moses was deployed at Chelsea in the 2016/17 title winning campaign. Focusing on Chiesa, the Nerazzurri wouldn’t look to redeem Victor Moses and sign him on a permanent basis, the report continues. The €12 million that would have been given to Chelsea can instead go towards a deal for the 22-year-old Italian, alongside another €10 million and both Dalbert and Radja Nainggolan, as the Nerazzurri are trying to defeat Juventus for Chiesa’s signature.

FcInterNews: Considering the expected effect on the transfer market by the Coronavirus, it is likely that Inter will fail to sign Lazio star Sergej Milinkovic-Savic in the summer, meaning that Vidal may prove an important low-cost option, even if Lautaro is not sold to the Catalan club.

New kid on the block: Argentine sources write Inter is interested in signing Velez Sarsfield wonderkid Thiago Almada

23. Thanks (1): MVD

Greece

Bellerin... Another farce.

Thiago Almada is talented but not sure where he plays here if even Eriksen doesn't have a spot.

Conte uomo di merda

Fav. Player
    Ibra_Deki_Mtrix

Romania

55 10 years of FIF
    Bellerin rumor sounds like an attempt to lower the asking price of Chiesa. Management seems set on Chiesa but I`m not sure he would chose Conte`s project [play as right midfielder] over juBentus. Plus, Fiorentina owner is a self-declared juBentus fan, so I would not bet on Chiesa landing at Inter.

I would rather we manage to sign Tonali.
    Tonali has been praised as one of the biggest talents in Italy and has been linked with both Inter and Juventus in Serie A, with Chelsea and Manchester United mentioned as possible suitors from the Premier League.

“I don’t think about it, I don’t care, not right now,” he added. “And I don’t say that to mislead. I’m interested in ending the season in the best possible way, because I still feel I have a lot to give to Brescia, who believed in me.

“We will see. Cellino said he will not sell me even for €300m? The President loves me, like a son. And I love him very much, he always gives me great advice.

“I don’t know, that’s a lot of money. It affects you to hear talk about certain figures, but I’m always quite calm and relaxed, that’s my quality.”

Tonali has admitted that he has been a lifelong Milan fan but joked that the reason people have compared him to Andrea Pirlo is ‘because of the hair’.

Yes, and Gennaro Gattuso was my idol,” he said. “Today, I’m inspired by Luka Modric, among others.

“It’s the hair’s fault [that I’m compared to Pirlo]. It doesn’t bother me, but it’s not a suitable comparison for me. Having similarities is one thing, but on the pitch it’s completely different. Pirlo had extreme qualities. I don’t know who will be able to reach his heights.”
    But we will probably sign Vidal "on the cheap"..

Fav. Player
    MILAN SKRINIAR

Netherlands

Sport Mediaset: Coronavirus emergency has had a heavy impact on football’s transfer market, lowering Chiesa’s cost to around €50 million. Inter coach Antonio Conte has long been a great admirer of the 22-year-old Italian forward, who is contracted to the Florence based club until 2022. According to the report, Conte would play Chiesa as a wingback in his 3-5-2 system, similar to how Victor Moses was deployed at Chelsea in the 2016/17 title winning campaign. Focusing on Chiesa, the Nerazzurri wouldn’t look to redeem Victor Moses and sign him on a permanent basis, the report continues. The €12 million that would have been given to Chelsea can instead go towards a deal for the 22-year-old Italian, alongside another €10 million and both Dalbert and Radja Nainggolan, as the Nerazzurri are trying to defeat Juventus for Chiesa’s signature.
    I can't imagine we splash 50M on Chiesa in order to turn him into a WB? That has to be a joke, I also think Chiesa won't do this because he isn't willing to go up and down the field the whole match he isn't that type of player and shouldn't be used like that.

Inter are seriously considering to sign Arsenal’s Spanish full back Hector Bellerin in the summer, according to a report from Italian media outlet FcInterNews today. I really liked him before the injury, haven`t watched ever since. How is he doing nowadays?
    Bellerin is only good at attacking but lacks defensively, there was a time he was one of the best FB but that was indeed before his injury. If, and this is a big if he is 100% fit and doesn't cost a lot of money I would try and secure a loan-deal but I wouldn't splash cash on him.

New kid on the block: Argentine sources write Inter is interested in signing Velez Sarsfield wonderkid Thiago Almada
    Almada is a player who plays behind the striker or SS am I right? In FM he is a beast but that doesn't tell shit.

FcInterNews: Considering the expected effect on the transfer market by the Coronavirus, it is likely that Inter will fail to sign Lazio star Sergej Milinkovic-Savic in the summer, meaning that Vidal may prove an important low-cost option, even if Lautaro is not sold to the Catalan club.
    Tonali would be the best addition to the squad with Barella next to him he will flourish at the right side of Milano. Vidal would be welcome if we manage to sell Borja and Vecino.

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Federico Chiesa to Sky Sport:

“This year I have played more as a second striker as that is where the coach wants me to play, but I will play wherever he wants. Even in a hypothetical 3-5-2 I could help my team to the fullest,”

“Under Sousa and Pioli I improved defensively because I played everywhere, including at right wing back.”

28. Thanks (2): Materazzi_23, MVD