Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

Quote Originally Posted by Lui View Post
    We should revisit Modric/rakitic

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Reported for making me cry.
    Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    if Mauro doesn't leave this summer, I'm moving to Forza Wolverhampton Forums until he does
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

Fav. Player
    Lautaro Martine

Albania

Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lui View Post
    We should revisit Modric/rakitic

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Please no more dying player signings. Valero and 9crap are enough reminders that this doesn't work.

3. Thanks (5): Kakaroto, Linege, magnesium, wera, _Ivan_

Fav. Player
    ur mom
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    why does Conte want to keep Vecino,when he sees him in training I'm sure he will change his mind,but then again he wants to keep Candreva so...urgh

5. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Canada

66 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Conte will probably take a liking to Vecino actually. Physical player with lots of stamina. I could see him starting entirely too many games yet again.

Fav. Player
    Maicon

Spain

10 years of FIF
    When we say Isco or James are not Conte players, it's more or less like saying Vecino is a Conte player

8. Thanks (2): junior55, Linege

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    But also Barella is a Conte player.

10. Thanks (1): thatdude

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    But also Barella is a Conte player.
    Wait till he benches him
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

12. Thanks (1): Linege

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Palacio View Post
    Please no more dying player signings. Valero and 9crap are enough reminders that this doesn't work.
    Lucio, Pirlo, Milito, etc are enuf examples that it can work. Its not the age, its the player and the situation.

14. Thanks (3): Dylan, magnesium, Palacio

Fav. Player
    Wallace
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Is it enough? What’s the confidence interval?

Lucio and Pirlo were signed next to nothing. Honestly if we signed Nainggolan for half the price, and Valero for nothing I would have had no qualms.

But yeah Nainggolan was world class so we had to break the bank. Not to mention it was all within reasons he maintained his world class status quo because reasons.
    Wallace

16. Thanks (3): andrei, Kakaroto, magnesium

Fav. Player
    Lautaro Martine

Albania

Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluenine View Post
    Lucio, Pirlo, Milito, etc are enuf examples that it can work. Its not the age, its the player and the situation.

These were all exceptional players. There is no way you can compare any of these legends with nainggolan or Valero. Milito for example got a major injury playing for Inter but Nainggolan was injured because he wasn't attending training sessions. And I agree that some players are ok to sign even when they are thirty. But seemed to be obcessed with 30 year olds and that's why it became a problem for many of us.

United States

Quote Originally Posted by Palacio View Post
    These were all exceptional players. There is no way you can compare any of these legends with nainggolan or Valero. Milito for example got a major injury playing for Inter but Nainggolan was injured because he wasn't attending training sessions. And I agree that some players are ok to sign even when they are thirty. But seemed to be obcessed with 30 year olds and that's why it became a problem for many of us.
    So there was never any talk bandied about in the last couple years that Nainggolan was one of the best midfielders in Serie A at the time? Because it's not clear to me where you're drawing your line of distinction there, exactly.

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

Romania

Quote Originally Posted by este19 View Post
    So there was never any talk bandied about in the last couple years that Nainggolan was one of the best midfielders in Serie A at the time? Because it's not clear to me where you're drawing your line of distinction there, exactly.
    Let me give an answer since I was always one of the most vocal against signing players over 30y and I always advocated that would be much better to invest in younger players.

First of all, I don't apply this "rule" to CB`s. From experience and positioning they are able to compensate the physical decline. There are a lot of examples of excellent CB who were good even in their late thirties. Not only now with the advance medicine and recuperation but also in 80` and 90`(Baresi, Vierchowod). Mathaeus or de Rossi played as CB in their late stage of the career.

With midfielder and forwards is tricky. Many of them are not world class anymore because of their physical condition. Players who are not overly dependent of their physical like Pirlo and Modric tend to last way longer than N9 or Vidal. The decline also doesn't have a rigid pattern (some decline slowly like Milito other pretty brutal like Batistuta or Rivaldo). There is not a rule which player and how fast or abrupt he will decline.

Wallace is also right: Pirlo or Lucio cost nothing. It's much easier to take a risk. But N9 cost us nearly all the transfer budget last year! Huge difference!

Fav. Player
    Squad Depth

Canada

Modric could outclass 90% of the midfielders in serie A, even in his age. For argument's sake, factor in the workhorses he'll have in Barella and Brozovic. Old = bad? Ma va -
    "Madonna...ť un macello qua"

21. Thanks (1): magnesium

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

We have il nuovo Xavi, we don't need Modrić.
    Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    if Mauro doesn't leave this summer, I'm moving to Forza Wolverhampton Forums until he does
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

23. Thanks (5): Kakaroto, magnesium, n4l, Sevag, thatdude

Fav. Player
    No Milan player

Quote Originally Posted by andrei View Post
    Let me give an answer since I was always one of the most vocal against signing players over 30y and I always advocated that would be much better to invest in younger players.

First of all, I don't apply this "rule" to CB`s. From experience and positioning they are able to compensate the physical decline. There are a lot of examples of excellent CB who were good even in their late thirties. Not only now with the advance medicine and recuperation but also in 80` and 90`(Baresi, Vierchowod). Mathaeus or de Rossi played as CB in their late stage of the career.

With midfielder and forwards is tricky. Many of them are not world class anymore because of their physical condition. Players who are not overly dependent of their physical like Pirlo and Modric tend to last way longer than N9 or Vidal. The decline also doesn't have a rigid pattern (some decline slowly like Milito other pretty brutal like Batistuta or Rivaldo). There is not a rule which player and how fast or abrupt he will decline.

Wallace is also right: Pirlo or Lucio cost nothing. It's much easier to take a risk. But N9 cost us nearly all the transfer budget last year! Huge difference!
    I don't think age matters as what important is the player personality and capability. Read about santi cazorla a bit on how he do a comeback which adriano could not do at age 27 (peak year). Not all players are the same. The issue most of the time is salary and price. Young players would learn from senior player experience and leadership.

Fav. Player
    Radamel Fkingco

Colombia

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex de Large View Post
    When we say Isco or James are not Conte players, it's more or less like saying Vecino is a Conte player
    James only wants to play for Anchelotti. Def want him here especially as he just 40 million
    VAR is some serious Bullshit!

Greece

Quote Originally Posted by crzdcolombian View Post
    James only wants to play for Anchelotti. Def want him here especially as he just 40 million
    James wants to play for a world class coach. Too bad we don't have one.

Conte uomo di merda

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

United States

86 FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    James wants to play for a world class coach. Too bad we don't have one.
    1 Scudetto in more than 12 Serie A seasons....WORLD CLASS!
    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    This season is unfortunately a 5 season setback. We were 1.5 mercato away from becoming a top team, now won't really have expectations of winning an important trophy until 2025.

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

As things stand currently Conte > Ancelotti. We need a drill sergeant and Conte is exactly that.
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. Itís never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. Itís a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    ó Massimo Moratti

29. Thanks (2): MVD, thatdude

Greece

Quote Originally Posted by vitomins View Post
    1 Scudetto in more than 12 Serie A seasons....WORLD CLASS!
    I guess Mancini > Ancelotti too.

P..S. Do we consider that Ancelotti shouldn't be accounted for seasons 2004-5 and 2005-6? Or if we do, shouldn't wr consider that they'd probably win those as well if the league wasn't tainted?

Conte uomo di merda