Page 33 of 103 FirstFirst ... 23303132333435364383 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019/2020 Midfielders Rumours Thread

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

I don't see Icardi being on Milito's level as far clutchness goes for him to be the one player to help Juve get the Trippleta.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

Fav. Player
    Kova Magic

United States

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    Or they'll struggle to break down small teams due to their painfully one dimension CF and that will gift the scudetto to Juventus
    Or he will convert all the half chances that goes his way which has been happening for the past 5 years
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
    There is going to be at least 1 game in the year where Nainggolan, Brozovic and Vidal click perfectly and absolutely mouth fuck some poor team's midfield.

I can't wait.

3. Thanks (4): DARi0, Dylan, SiamoNoi, Sqnalkel

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    I have trouble envisioning Icardi under Sarri. That is, if Sarri's juve is going to resemble his Napoli side in any way.

Not addressing anyone in particular but you can't just stick Icardi in Barca or Sarri's team or any 'free-flowing' attacking team and expect him to score a jillion goals under the assumption that "they create chances and Icardi will convert them". It doesn't work like that. You can't have 10 players do all the buildup work and spoonfeed chances for 1 guy to finish. These great attacking teams like Liverpool and Barca and Sarri's Napoli are never set up like that. These systems work because of the functions that the #9 performs within the system - functions that I've never seen from Icardi (at least not at a consistently high level), and IMHO, functions that Icardi is not capable of doing.

I have always disagreed with that cliched line that "Icardi would score 40 goals a season at Barca" etc. No, he wouldn't. He would spend 40 games on the bench because he would be completely and utterly detrimental to the way they play. Sure, Sarri is not Barca, but unless he's made some hotshit new tactics to accommodate him, I see Icardi as being completely incongruent to what we've seen from Sarri, especially in Italy.

Look at Mertens playing CF at Napoli these past 3 years, especially 2016/17 when Milik was injured. Is Icardi a better finisher than Mertens? Probably. But beyond that, look at the way in which Mertens played under Sarri and the elements he brought to their game - elements that Icardi has never displayed any ability to do.

It's not out of the question that Sarri can manipulate or instruct Icardi to get some functionality out of him that plays a role in some system. But from what I've seen from Icardi, and what I've seen from Sarri, I just don't see it.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    If Sarri wants him so much he probably knows where and how to utilize him.

In this era we have Cristiano Ronaldo considered one of the best finishers yet his conversion rate is pathetic. Not just outside the area where he's trigger happy but also accounting for only the chances he misses inside the box. He's played for teams that pretty much "create for him" or he just pounces on the far post. A real definition of "just a poacher" would be far more fitting for him, but people think he's flashy just because he has fast feet that rotate over the static ball before he takes on a sprint and call that "dribbling", hence he's "more complete". Bull to the shit. Obviously he can do much more than that, but everyone loves him for scoring a lot and most of his goals are the very definition of a poacher. Which here is not really appreciated for some reason, at least when they think Icardi scores them (which is ridiculous as his 'poacher goals' are probably less than 30% of his total, excluding PKs).
    But it shall be very difficult for Sarri to use similar tactics to what we've known him for with both Icardi and Cristiano. I doubt Juventus even wants him. It's us that want to sell him there.

If you put Icardi in a two man attack with a creative #10 behingd he'll do wonders. That's like freeing a wild animal and watching it thrive. Under the Spalletti system and when we switched to 4-2-3-1 in general we've restricted him so much that everyone started looking at his weaknesses. But he's a two forwards system animal. Which is why him at Napoli (if they also get James I insist) is a scary thought. Having Zielinski, Fabian and Allan behind also helps a lot. They will still lack depth in the middle like crazy, even more than us. But having the luxury of setting up that way with Insigne/Mertens as possible options behind the striker as well (4-3-2-1, the famous Ancelotti Christmas tree) or a 4-3-1-2 with Milik next to him is going to be a great side. Of course as vito says Napoli may end up selling someone, but it remains to be seen. They rarely go for high profile players from other top teams so this may signal a change in attitude. They got Higuain from Real Madrid that wanted to offload him despite being a good performer, they got Cavani who was a very strong player but a very weak team and they got Fabian Ruiz who was a prospect from a midtable Spanish side.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

6. Thanks (1): dax21

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    CR7 is more of a poacher than Icardi..?
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

8. Thanks (1): Wings

Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    CR7 is more of a poacher than Icardi..?
    Icardi has reinvented the number nine position, like Bobby Firmino before him.

Fav. Player
    Solskjær

India

18 Forum Supporter Nostradamus
    Quote Originally Posted by ADRossi View Post
    Icardi has reinvented the number nine position, like Bobby Firmino before him.
    Sorry to be pedantic but Firmino didn't play any new role. Rooney played that role all his career.

11. Thanks (1): MVD

Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by monster09 View Post
    Sorry to be pedantic but Firmino didn't play any new role. Rooney played that role all his career.
    I was kidding. Some Liverpool fan came on our forum and wrote that last year during the UCL final

Fav. Player
    ur mom
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    Serbian media says United want to sell Pogba for 135mil and replace him with SMS for 100mil.

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

14. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Solskjær

India

18 Forum Supporter Nostradamus
    Quote Originally Posted by ADRossi View Post
    I was kidding. Some Liverpool fan came on our forum and wrote that last year during the UCL final
    Yeah I remember that. I replied to that post with all the touch map things of Rooney, shame he never replied.

16. Thanks (3): Linege, MVD, thatdude

Fav. Player
    JZ4

Quote Originally Posted by JJM View Post
    Serbian media says United want to sell Pogba for 135mil and replace him with SMS for 100mil.

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk
    SMS def not worth 100m. If it comes to that they can have him
    "Last person I called "Darling" was pregnant 20 seconds later!" Lord Flashheart.

18. Thanks (2): Pajo, thatdude

Fav. Player
    ur mom
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    renamed Facebook group AMALA:
    "Clear that now in midfield the last incoming transaction, scheduled, will be bound by the exits/sales.
    Selling becomes an obligation"

So far we managed to sell...nobody from the first team.

20. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Europe

Forum Supporter
    ^ I wouldn’t worry about selling just right now as we are still just in the second week of July.

Once players actively see that they won’t be included/ that there’s no plans for them in the main team they’ll start to open up to offers from other clubs that beforehand they maybe thought we a bit beneath them and likewise from a club view if I was a bottom feeder club I’d wait till the alphas have eaten then go in for any scraps left (at a slightly discounted rate).

Fav. Player
    ur mom
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

Sky - In addition to Icardi and Nainggolan, other players in the squad are considered outgoing: among these are Borja Valero, Joao Mario and Miranda while Candreva will surely remain in the Nerazzurri, as it is considered the alternative to Lazaro in 3-5-2 of Conte.

this is gasoline...I'm burning myself LOL

Candreva here for life wuuuuhuuu!

23. Thanks (3): CafeCordoba, MVD, SiamoNoi

Fav. Player
    javier zanetti

Israel

Conte would kill literally Candreva if he plays like 2 last seasons.
    Save Radja.

Fav. Player
    ur mom
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

this guy Direttore di http://Fcinter1908.it says that the most important buy is the LCM,the player that moves forward...if we don't get him the problem will remain

I don't know who LUI is(no not our Canadian boy here)in his mind tho

maybe SMS

26. Thanks (2): MVD, thatdude

Fav. Player
    JC7;MS37;YK17

Hungary

10 years of FIF
    Perisisc-Asamoah-Brozovic-Barella-Lazaro

Fav. Player
    Polikaku

Europe

Asamoah had his best games in our last preseason when he played LCM (che assist for Lautaro vs Atletico).
    But without Radja, whos gonna score (screamers) out of nowhere
    buu ain't for everyone

29. Thanks (1): Kakaroto

Fav. Player
    ur mom
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

Fav. Player
    Squad Depth

Canada

Quote Originally Posted by JJM View Post

this guy Direttore di http://Fcinter1908.it says that the most important buy is the LCM,the player that moves forward...if we don't get him the problem will remain

I don't know who LUI is(no not our Canadian boy here)in his mind tho

maybe SMS
    Lui translates to Him/he in Italian. I'm just-a-luigi eat a de musharooms ok

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    "Madonna...é un macello qua"

32. Thanks (4): ADRossi, JJM, MVD, sikman