Page 113 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1363103110111112113
Results 2,241 to 2,248 of 2248

Thread: UFC/MMA/Kickboxing

Fav. Player
    JZ4

10 years of FIF
    Can someone explain to me how Stipe made only 750k and Francis 500k with a 30k bonus?? That's wild to me.
    "Last person I called "Darling" was pregnant 20 seconds later!" Lord Flashheart.

2. Thanks (1): K.I.

Fav. Player
    Barella Lukaku

Ireland

10 years of FIF Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rfU View Post
    Can someone explain to me how Stipe made only 750k and Francis 500k with a 30k bonus?? That's wild to me.
    I never really look into the financials but I am sure the title holder (Stipe in this case) gets a 30% (or some percent) ppv bonus. The "favourite" always (or normally almost always) gets paid more. 30k bonus from where do you know? Must be reebok because UFC do 50k bonuses, which he also won on top of your figure. Or are you asking how they only made half a million+ for 8 minutes work? This figure you display also won't be the final overall figure for the night of earnings for both fighters, it won't include all sponsorship, bonuses, reebok money etc.

I came here to post this... Till has pulled out off Vettori fight, broken collarbone, I am gutted, Till loves a good pull out ffs. Hope there is a replacement fight, Hollands says he will fight, Vettori accepted but thats all twitter nonsense... stay tuned. Early card as well, main card starts at 8pm UK time...
    Defying The Odds, Living The Dream
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...oal490ai_1.jpg
    Well, that's nice.

4. Thanks (4): Dylan, K.I., MVD, rfU

Fav. Player
    JZ4

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
    I never really look into the financials but I am sure the title holder (Stipe in this case) gets a 30% (or some percent) ppv bonus. The "favourite" always (or normally almost always) gets paid more. 30k bonus from where do you know? Must be reebok because UFC do 50k bonuses, which he also won on top of your figure.
    I literally have no idea which is why I'm asking how it works. Why won't Dana let fighters get their own endorsement deals, make their own money? Some fighters would be able to make millions off that.

Or are you asking how they only made half a million+ for 8 minutes work?
    But it's not just 8 minutes work, it's 8 minutes of getting your ass punched, kicked, kneed and choked out. And after that ass whooping you gotta give half to uncle sam, then pay off your trainers, corner people, and other expenses. And these are the main card guys, what do the undercards get? I read somewhere Stipe is a full time firefighter?? The former HW champion that's crazy to me?

Make no mistake, this is ain't no regular 9-to-5 job, these are professional athletes, they have a special skillset. My boss can replace my ass tomorrow but how will Dana replace Ngannou?

This figure you display also won't be the final overall figure for the night of earnings for both fighters, it won't include all sponsorship, bonuses, reebok money etc.
    I guess. But that's still kinda low. I'm not expecting boxer, life changing money but damn Makes me wonder how much Lidell and Ortiz retired with. Or I guess you gotta keep working into your 60s like regular joes.
    "Last person I called "Darling" was pregnant 20 seconds later!" Lord Flashheart.

6. Thanks (2): K.I., Sawyer

Old name
    Khaled

United States

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Yah UFC is different to boxing, fighters leverage their value in other endeavors but compared to boxing its def considered lowish but top 5 and champions usually get PPV money if their show money isn't that high.

GSP for example, who is regarded as one of the best ever earned in his last fight against Bisping 2.5M to show, 50K performance bonus and 30K from reebok.

UFC has a lot of fighters and being active is one of the things fighters have to do to keep getting paid. Francis for example will be able to do well because usually his fights dont last long but other fighters may not feel its worth the money like u said, it differs from person to person.
    Last edited by K.I.; 01 Apr 21 at 15:51.

8. Thanks (1): rfU

Fav. Player
    JZ4

10 years of FIF

Dread it. Run from it. Father time arrives all the same.

Fav. Player
    Barella Lukaku

Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by rfU View Post

Dread it. Run from it. Father time arrives all the same.
    Rampage Jackson is my MMA hero, I loved him from fight 1, Mike Pyle, fight went the distance and no knock out reel but something just drew me to Jackon, animal, his pride days were my favourite even though Silva did him over twice but fight 3 was that 1 punch sweetness.

EDIT;

Hope nobody stayed up for Jake Paul v Askren.. the podcast after with Askren abd Logan was a lot more entertaining.. I can't believe that Snoop and the rest of the guys are smoking blunts all night long high as fuck just living the dream commentating on "celebrity" boxing..
    Last edited by Sawyer; 18 Apr 21 at 09:58.
    Well, that's nice.

11. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Ireland

13 10 years of FIF
    Whittaker looked great, Askren...
    david mcgoldrick

13. Thanks (3): Fitzy, Howl, MVD

Fav. Player
    Barella Lukaku

Ireland

Whittaker was solid, surely its Whittaker v Adesanya now, it has to be.. Vettori needs one more fight I feel to get there, Whittaker has earnt his shot for sure.

Askren is a genius, he is 100% correct on Logans podcast.
    Well, that's nice.

15. Thanks (3): Fitzy, Howl, MVD