Page 100 of 100 FirstFirst ... 5090979899100
Results 1,981 to 1,997 of 1997

Thread: UFC/MMA/Kickboxing

Fav. Player
    Diego A. Milito

Japan

What the actual fuck? What a shit way to end the fight and win the 'BMF' belt.

Masvisal was beating the shit out of him anyway, but we were still robbed of potentially 2 more great rounds.

- - - Updated - - -

I regret not putting money on Masvidal to win via TKO
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    Bayern Munich 0 - 2 FC Internazionale Milano
    35" Diego Milito
    70" Diego Milito

2. Thanks (3): Dylan, MVD, Universe

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    What an underwhelming end but that was a pretty nasty cut. Had Masvidal winning the first 2 rounds 10-8 and the third 10-9.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

\_(ツ)_/

4. Thanks (1): Howl

Malaysia

meh, i've seen worse cut
    sorry for my bad English

6. Thanks (1): Howl

Fav. Player
    Diego A. Milito

Japan

The rematch will probably end in a doctor stoppage too seeing as Diaz has so much scar tissue that he's guaranteed to get cut open after a few shots.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I like how Kovalev and Canelo have been 'warming up' and waiting in the dressing room the whole time, and the moment the UFC main event ends, they then decide to start the ring walks .
    35" Diego Milito
    70" Diego Milito

8. Thanks (2): MVD, Universe

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Estonia

40 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Nate disappointed. But Jorge is becoming a beast.

2 more rounds to go and thats Nates favorite spots. Ah well.

Is McCregor gonna get the winner now? He is going to get smacked.

10. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

Masvidal looked fucken ferocious. He was fucking up Nate more than Conor did in the first 2 rounds of their fight.

As always, Nate seems practically unkillable and I'm utterly convinced he would've been much improved in the 4th and 5th rounds.

If the fight hadn't been stopped it most likely would've gone the way of McGregor vs Diaz II. i.e. Nate making somewhat of a "comeback" in the late rounds after getting dominated early and with the opponent tiring, but eventually losing out on the judges scorecards.

Like I said, I reckon those first two rounds were 10-8 to Masvidal and the third was a 10-9. If the judges saw it the same, then that's a 30-25 score after 3 rounds even with two 10-8 rounds in the 4th and 5th, Diaz would've lost. He'd have had to finish Jorge.

\_(ツ)_/

12. Thanks (2): Howl, Jnr

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

Diaz brothers don't count referee decisions as losses
    Quote Originally Posted by bandiera View Post
    referees 'without question' favour juve? i think youre overstating the effect of buying out the refs.
    On Brozovic:
    Quote Originally Posted by nurko View Post
    He's like bitcoin in January, sell him on a high while you can.

Fav. Player
    Insomnia

Europe

I’ve been watching the UFC for a couple of years now and want to gain a better understanding of MMA by doing kickboxing and Jiu Jitsu courses which are offered by my university. I also want to work on my cardio which is beyond shite at this point.
    Kickboxing will be fairly low level as it’s a gender mixed course and if I had to guess it will barely surpass the level of a self defence course, but will see.
    My question is: Most MMA Fighters use brazilian Jiu Jitsu. My Uni only offers the Japanese version. Are there any major differences?
    I did it all for the nookie

15. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Macau

57 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Japanese Jiu Jitsu is usually a joke from the people I know who have done it
    Quote Originally Posted by DM_ View Post
    Then we'll just buy the federation and create our own rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimpin View Post
    I dont think juventus are willing to sell

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

It's the BJJ what you want to look into. You can also try Judo or Sambo, if your uni has one of them instead, as I believe they're pretty compatible.
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. Its never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. Its a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    Massimo Moratti

18. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

Lets see if Conor can come back. I'm not really following him like I used to since I think his personality is pure trash which was shown before and after the Khabib fight. I think he also slapped a old guy?

But I am excited to see his left hand again hopefully for another K.O..
    Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    It does. It has a lot of quality. I would say even Serie B has a lot of quality. Professional footballers really know how to play the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    6 Italian sides in Europe. 1 win, 2 draw, 3 losses

Fav. Player
    Diego A. Milito

Japan

The moment he lost to Khabib I knew they were going to set him up with a fight with Cowboy. I don't blame him and the UFC though, better to have an easy fight against a popular guy to pad his record up and build some momentum again. Cowboy isn't a journeyman like Dennis Siver, but he's not elite level and is already coming off two bad defeats.

No way were they going to let Gaethje or Masvidal fight him, even though those fights would have been huge.
    35" Diego Milito
    70" Diego Milito

21. Thanks (1): Universe

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Estonia

40 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Masvidal would brake him in half if he can defeat Cowboy. Actually its already written that Connor wants Cowboy>Masvidal>Khabib fighting route to glory. Ok then.

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Ireland

13 10 years of FIF
    I think coming back and doing all this at 170lbs is going to end in tears.
    david mcgoldrick

24. Thanks (3): Fitzy, Harpsabu, Universe

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

One of the most stupid things about the UFC is the 15 pound gap between lightweight (155lb) and welterweight (170lb). I understand they don't want to be like boxing with a million different weight divisions and belts. But you can't make that particular gap so big because that gap is exactly where the highest concentration of fighters are.

If you drew a bell curve of all the fighters weights, the biggest spread of them would fall between lightweight to welterweight. And yet, those 2 divisions have one of the biggest gaps in between them of 15 pounds.

In Sydney, trains run every 7 minutes during morning peak hours when everyone is getting to work/school. During the day, there is far less traffic so the trains come only once every 15 minutes. Provide more trains when there are more passengers. Makes sense, no? But how fucking stupid would it be if there were fewer trains in rush hour, and trains arrived every 30 minutes? That's what the UFC is doing with weight classes in comparison to fighter distribution. It makes absolutely no sense and they're far too stubborn to change it.

If the UFC is dead set on 10 pound differences between weight divisions (as opposed to 4-7lb in boxing), it would be much better to create a super lightweight division at 165 and move welterweight up to 175. Middleweight can of course stay at 185lb.

Regarding Conor, I agree with Dylan that 170 is a bad idea.

Every weight division is divided into 3 groups of fighters:
    1. fighters who cut minimal weight and are a natural fit at that weight class (e.g. GSP walked around at 180 so 170 was perfect for him)
    2. undersized guys who don't want to or can't cut as much weight needed to make a lower weight class (RDA and Conor moving up to 170)
    3. oversized guys who kill themselves to cut down to a lower weight class, because they would otherwise be undersized at a higher weight class (Till at 170, Romero at 185)

This discrepancy is at its worst with fighters around the 170 mark for reasons I just mentioned. To go up or down is 15 pounds. Big difference.

As far as I'm concerned, Conor stands a good chance with the likes of Cowboy, RDA or Nate, either at 155 or 170. All those guys have spent most of their careers at lightweight. I think fighting real 170-pounders like Woodley, Usman or Ponzinibbio would be disastrous for him. Masvidal is also another lightweight-cum-welterweight, but his ferociousness belies his size.

\_(ツ)_/

26. Thanks (5): Dylan, Fitzy, Howl, Jnr, Shaun

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

Australia

Forum Supporter Most Humorous Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    In Sydney, trains run every 7 minutes during morning peak hours when everyone is getting to work/school. During the day, there is far less traffic so the trains come only once every 15 minutes. Provide more trains when there are more passengers. Makes sense, no? But how fucking stupid would it be if there were fewer trains in rush hour, and trains arrived every 30 minutes? That's what the UFC is doing with weight classes in comparison to fighter distribution. It makes absolutely no sense and they're far too stubborn to change it.
    The UFC is like Newcastle.
    Awaiting the start of our youth project.

28. Thanks (2): Howl, Universe

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Macau

57 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobblz View Post
    It's the BJJ what you want to look into. You can also try Judo or Sambo, if your uni has one of them instead, as I believe they're pretty compatible.
    There's no chokes in Sambo. While I personally think Judo is a bit hard on the body and there is a lot of bureaucracy and bullshit with Judo. Not to mention a bit too much reliance on the gi. I was rolling with a judo brown last week and his inability to transfer his usual grips into a no-gi scenario was quite glaring.
    Quote Originally Posted by DM_ View Post
    Then we'll just buy the federation and create our own rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimpin View Post
    I dont think juventus are willing to sell

30. Thanks (2): Universe, Wobblz