View Poll Results: Will Conte win a Scudetto with Inter?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

65 61.32%
  • No

41 38.68%
Page 19 of 78 FirstFirst ... 9161718192021222969 ... LastLast

Thread: Antonio Conte

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Pakistan

95 10 years of FIF
    I'm having a hard time coming to terms with reports that both Radja and Icardi are being sold.
    Spoiler: text 

2. Thanks (3): Inter7, magnesium, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by A.l.i View Post
    I'm having a hard time coming to terms with reports that both Radja and Icardi are being sold.
    Whats even harder to grasp is that apparently he tok the decision bevor talking to them or seeing them in training.
    I have no problems if such decisions are taken on the dalberts of this team but Radja and icardi should at least get to talk to conte before he deems them unnecessary.
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

4. Thanks (4): magnesium, MVD, phonk, Shark

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    It doesn't feel genuine that Conte supposedly wants players out without training them or even meeting them! I feel those stories are just fantasy by reporters who need to report an Inter story and they don't have anything in the table.

Fav. Player
    4-12-22-23
    Old name
    Josi

United States

10 years of FIF Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    It doesn't feel genuine that Conte supposedly wants players out without training them or even meeting them! I feel those stories are just fantasy by reporters who need to report an Inter story and they don't have anything in the table.
    Exactly!
    Intellectual prostitution, said a certain legend once.

7. Thanks (1): nutsncider

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    Its all speculation, we don't know what happening for sure until we get a quote from Conte. And that is unlikely to happen before players are sold.

Its a valid point that Conte will want to speak to the players or even train with them before deciding their fate. However, its also possible that Conte has already made up his mind after speaking with Marotta - those two know each other well and clearly trust each other a lot. Marotta has surely filled Conte in re all the indiscipline and what exactly happened (specially on Icardi). And its not like Wanda has been quiet over the last 2-3 years, some shit everyone knows. So its entirely possible Conte has already made up his mind on Icardi. On Perisic and Nainggolan, maybe not.

Fav. Player
    Black & Blue

Poland

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    I get what you're saying Cafe, but put yourself in new coach's shoes. You see all these crazy things with a player not wanting to play for a team, because of a injury, then miracously he is healed where the other guy got injured. You spoke (I'm sure) to many people in the club already who know a lot more shit then we do, and from all these things you don't want the guy.

Now you're a guy that prides yourself on professionalism. Now you speak to the guy, and he tells you that it's not true, or that it is true but he wants second chance. The problem is, that you're taking your neck out for a guy in your new job, and you have no guarantee at all that he won't start doing some other crazy shit the minute the transfer window is over.

It's easy to thing behind the computer that it's a simple decision to make, but when you are in the new job you want everything to be close to perfect, and you want to minimize chances of things getting in the way.

So far icardi shown nothing but lack of professinalism. So I don't believe blindly the papers, but it's not hard for me to imagine that Conte does have already some idea of the team in his head before he even meet the players. Secondly, a coach in Italy is handling the players and tactics, he is not a manager like in England. A DS's job is to tell players whether they are in the future plans of the club or not.

It would be ok for the coach to meet all the players and tell personally the ones he doesn't want to stay about it, but if he doesn't that's not a big deal for me.
    Quote of the week:
    "Farewell - Let the Good Times Roll"
    --------------------------------------------------------
    F.C. INTERNAZIONALE, DEPECHE MODE, UNIA TARNOW - Nothing more...

10. Thanks (1): InterFCAustin

Fav. Player
    Tomas Locatelli

Kuwait

19 10 years of FIF Forum Supporter
    So he wants to sell Icardi and Nainggolan but wants to keep Candreva, Vecino and Gagliardini?

This will end up very well...
    "Alla Juve non sono dei gentlemen, č la mafia" Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Fav. Player
    Doina Turcanu

Tokelau

69 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by M.Adnan View Post
    So he wants to sell Icardi and Nainggolan but wants to keep Candreva, Vecino and Gagliardini?

This will end up very well...
    Icardi and Nainggolan are mentioned due to disciplinary issues more than technical.
    FC INTERNAZIONALE

I thought football in Italy had changed, but it seems that a zebra never changes its stripes.
    FAK GOBBY

Fav. Player
    Maicon
    Old name
    Black Jesus

Dominican Republic

I think Icardi is clearly a club issue not Conte making any decisión. Nainggolan I will need more confirmation but given Conte’s history of being a strict disciplinarian I would not be surprise.

This club has been a circus so I fully approve Conte putting his foot down and taking no shit from players. If Vecino, Gagliardini and Candreva can be good squad players why not.
    Platano Power
    TIMO WERNER

Fav. Player
    Kova Magic

United States

Quote Originally Posted by Kakaroto View Post
    I think Icardi is clearly a club issue not Conte making any decisión. Nainggolan I will need more confirmation but given Conte’s history of being a strict disciplinarian I would not be surprise.

This club has been a circus so I fully approve Conte putting his foot down and taking no shit from players. If Vecino, Gagliardini and Candreva can be good squad players why not.
    Because they showed how good of squad players they were this last season
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
    There is going to be at least 1 game in the year where Nainggolan, Brozovic and Vidal click perfectly and absolutely mouth fuck some poor team's midfield.

I can't wait.

Fav. Player
    Maicon
    Old name
    Black Jesus

Dominican Republic

Quote Originally Posted by Inter7 View Post
    Because they showed how good of squad players they were this last season
    I said squad players they were mostly starters last year, we are are pretty clearly looking to add other players this summer. Conte won with the likes of Simone Pepe, Roberto Pereira, Giaccherini and other random shit players nodoby rates. Not everyone in the team will be a star or someone people actually rate. Shit players will still have a role to play.
    Platano Power
    TIMO WERNER

16. Thanks (2): forzainter257, MVD

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakaroto View Post

Yeah, probably Marotta has told Conte that btw this one guy will be out of the squad in the summer and that's a decision which has already been made.

Fav. Player
    Adriano

Switzerland

The Corriere dello Sport claims that the two clubs could reach an agreement for €10m cash plus 19-year-old youth team striker Merola in exchange for Dzeko and Kolarov.
    If there is any truth to the Dzeko and Kolarov rumors, then I'm guessing Conte doesn't intend to stay here longer than a season. It seems like he wants to give us quick shot at the scudetto and then get tf out of here. It's a good way to get quick 12m in a year. We'll be however left with the likes of Dzeko, Kolarov, Perisic, Candreva, Gagliardini and fucking Moses.

I get the reasons why a coach wouldn't want Icardi and Nainggolan around, but what are the reasons go shopping for junk in Rome? Also, why tf are we trying to lower an already low transfer fee by including a youth player?

I know these are only rumors, but we've had much more exciting rumors this time around in the past 2 years. So far, Barella has been the only positive transfer target among the shitfest of average joes and leftovers from Roma.
    It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world.

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Rumour has it that we have made a bid for Roma's logo as well.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Egypt

10 years of FIF Most Diverse Poster
    I think keeping the likes of Vecino, Gagliardini and Candreva is much much worse than buying Roma's leftovers.

Unless Cunte thinks he has a magic wandA and will recycle the trash into gold, or perhaps he could pull a Gasperini with Atalanta and build a long years established system in just few months using average to below average players.

I hate summer mercato, just get over with this fucken headache foreplay already, let's start the tutore at once.

Quote Originally Posted by GenDire View Post
    They should put the whole squad on the sex offender list for exposing themselves in front of 10,000 children

21. Thanks (3): magnesium, MVD, WLEXT

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Canada

66 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Some of you lot need to chill the fuck out It's the beginning of June. Go enjoy your summer without dissecting every transfer rumor courtesy of bored Italian media.

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Kazakhstan

I would still be ok even if they buy a whole nursing home, but leave our youngsters alone ffs. Especially Merola you fucking biatches
    I have weakened bolts that fastened a brain, and have relaxed. A technical break...

24. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

Quote Originally Posted by Choppin Onions View Post
    Some of you lot need to chill the fuck out It's the beginning of June. Go enjoy your summer without dissecting every transfer rumor courtesy of bored Italian media.
    Exactly. This is the time every year when stupid rumours come up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    From Spain: Real Madrid fitness coach joins Conte at Inter

Real Madrid fitness coach Antonio Pintus is set to return to Italy, As.com reports. The Italian who has previously worked with Juventus, is on very good terms with Antonio Conte and he has accepted to return to Italy to work with the new Inter boss at La Pinetina.

Pintus left Real Madrid last summer when Julen Lopetegui was appointed Real Madrid boss. Santiago Solari, however, called him back to the Santiago Bernabeu and Pintus remained at Real also with Zinedine Zidane with whom is also on very good terms as Pintus was Juventus' fitness coach when the Frenchman was a player of the Old Lady back in the '90s.

Now, however, the Italian is set to return to his native country to work at Inter where Antonio Conte is waiting for him. An agreement between Pintus and Inter has already been reached. A new chapter of his career is ready to begin.

27. Thanks (2): MVD, thatdude

Italy

This is important news. For the past years we've experienced a dramatic drop in fitness level in the winter. If this guy knows his stuff right, we might have finally solved this problem.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

29. Thanks (1): MVD