View Poll Results: Will Conte win a Scudetto with Inter?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

65 61.32%
  • No

41 38.68%
Page 393 of 412 FirstFirst ... 293343383390391392393394395396403 ... LastLast
Results 7,841 to 7,860 of 8233

Thread: Antonio Conte

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by kurt0411 View Post
    I like the dig he took at Suning at the end. “ If were favorites right now imagine what we would have been had we made signings in August and in January”
    I don't think he has too much to complain about on the whole in regards to transfers. But yes, a few key signing in August and January (LWB, 4th striker) would have massively tipped the scales in our favor.

2. Thanks (2): Il Drago, MVD

Fav. Player
    Dick Heartz

Bahrain

Quote Originally Posted by thatdude View Post
    I personally don’t see much wrong with Conte saying Juventus have been the benchmark. I get it we hate them, but they’ve won the league 9 times in a row. If that’s not setting the benchmark then what the fuck is? It doesn’t mean we don’t want to beat them and set our own benchmarks or write our own history.

Pretending that Juventus isn’t a good team will do what for us exactly?
    I don't argue they are the benchmark etc, the problem is hearing an Inter coach saying that and practically having a hard on for our biggest rival in public before our game. I was even really worried that our players would be demotivated after hearing that, thank God they weren't... in any case I feel like Inter fans deserve more respect and his words were in bad place... again not arguing how true his words were or how good or bad he is as a coach but I just don't expect an Inter coach to say that at this moment in time. That's my opinion.

4. Thanks (1): Nothing

PNG

16 FIF Special Ones Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Great game. Juve were utterly shit and Conte for once didn't yield to them. Pirlo is bad, Stramaccioni bad.

He's right about Juve being the benchmark. You beat them, you win the Scudetto. The Scudetto is his to lose right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fossati
    Every time an interesting player from another team expresses any interest in us, we start acting like beggars - ausilio certainly looks the part: unshaved, always looks like he hasn't slept in days, I wouldn't be surprised if he smells - and constantly try to get the deal done with lowball offers.

6. Thanks (2): ElinaYvo, Rain

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Kazakhstan

Quote Originally Posted by WLEXT View Post
    I don't argue they are the benchmark etc, the problem is hearing an Inter coach saying that and practically having a hard on for our biggest rival in public before our game. I was even really worried that our players would be demotivated after hearing that, thank God they weren't... in any case I feel like Inter fans deserve more respect and his words were in bad place... again not arguing how true his words were or how good or bad he is as a coach but I just don't expect an Inter coach to say that at this moment in time. That's my opinion.
    Players would be idiots if that could demotivate them, because they have won nothing to deny rube's dominance. But they are not, they sincerely admit they are not at that level yet and therefore played with the right motivation.

8. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Nicolooo

Falkland Islands

0 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    It's a relief more than anything else, that he wasn't outfoxed by a noob coach.

Get the title this year, you fucking prick, and then GTFO. #ConteOUT

Interesting tweet that I came across today -
    Inter and Juve together spend 45m a year paying 5 coaches - Conte, Spalletti, Allegri, Pirlo, Sarri - and the 2 worst ones of them are coaching them

Truer words have not been spoken.
    IO SONO INTERISTA

10. Thanks (2): Fitzy, NimAraya

Greece

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    I like the dig he took at Suning at the end. “ If were favorites right now imagine what we would have been had we made signings in August and in January”
    What a great way to boost the confidence of his players
    <<Gli scudetti è giusto vincerli sul campo>> Antonio Conte on Calciopoli

#ConteOut

12. Thanks (1): bubba zanetti

Fav. Player
    Chino Recoba

Croatia

Finally he delivered for what he is payed, keep it up don Cuntonio

14. Thanks (1): Eirix

Fav. Player
    Barella, Hakimi

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by rockball View Post
    It's a relief more than anything else, that he wasn't outfoxed by a noob coach.

Get the title this year, you fucking prick, and then GTFO. #ConteOUT
    I've been saying this before and keep repeating it. Winning the Scudetto is the biggest chance to get Conte the fuck out of Inter. His resume looks better so he might get a good-paying job from the market in the summer (add the golden handshake we pay to him). He knows the competition will only get better next season specially as the situation at Inter financially is very unstable. Very possible he won't get many reinforcements while his rivals will.

Just get the fucking Scudetto like your job was initially.

Even if Juve win was indeed master vs apprentice type of matchup with the expected outcome (in the context of who wins between master and apprentice), it will generate so much self-confidence in the team that I have a strong feeling this will do it for Inter. Clear favourites for the Scudetto now.

16. Thanks (2): bubba zanetti, rfU

Fav. Player
    Barella, Hakimi

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    I personally don’t see much wrong with Conte saying Juventus have been the benchmark. I get it we hate them, but they’ve won the league 9 times in a row. If that’s not setting the benchmark then what the fuck is? It doesn’t mean we don’t want to beat them and set our own benchmarks or write our own history.

But these things shouldn't be said as pretext in the press conference of the derby d'Italia! Even if they were true.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Egypt

10 years of FIF Most Diverse Poster

No one is denying they’re a good team that have been dominating for the last decade domestically. But setting them as our role model? Aspiring to be like them? Putting them as our “point of reference”? These are words this loser keeps repeating. We’re not fucken Siena or Spezia so that our aspire to be a bigger team. We’re the biggest team in Italy, we won CL more than they did, we won a treble they only dream to achieve like we did, we’ve never played in a second division, and most of all we’ve never been accused of bribing referees or doing business with mafias for profits and trophies.

We don’t look up to these bastards, if we win the league it’s because we’re Inter, not because we want to be juBe. But Cunte keeps blatantly saying otherwise it feels like if it happened and we win the league title he might say something like:” I’d like to thank juBentus for inspiring us winning the league and be like them, cause before Inter were losers and now we’re kinda jubentus”

I can’t believe that I need to explain this but Inter should only look up to Inter and not anyone else, specially not to a team who’s in their biggest peek in their history DID NOT WIN the CL. I’d rather win the league just 4-5 consecutive times and end the run with a treble. That my friend is what we should aspire for.

Quote Originally Posted by .h. View Post
    for 11m a year you can call me princess sheila while you dildo me in the ass every night, and i promise you my heart would be in it.

Bulgaria

Forum Supporter
    I don't think that he aimed to dig at Suning. Most probably he was notified in that summer meeting that Suning have financial problems due to Chinese goverment and cannot invest properly in the team. But he decided to stay despite that, so he has no right to complain.

20. Thanks (2): CafeCordoba, Il Drago

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

Anyone will give him a credit for what he has done with Barella/Bastoni/Hakimi and Lukaku? All of our best players are as a result of his demands/system.
    Quote Originally Posted by bandiera View Post
    referees 'without question' favour juve? i think youre overstating the effect of buying out the refs.
    On Conte
    Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    Still positive that by winning the Scudetto, we can get rid of the guy.

22. Thanks (3): Bluenine, kurt0411, thatdude

United States

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Devious View Post
    No one is denying they’re a good team that have been dominating for the last decade domestically. But setting them as our role model? Aspiring to be like them? Putting them as our “point of reference”? These are words this loser keeps repeating. We’re not fucken Siena or Spezia so that our aspire to be a bigger team. We’re the biggest team in Italy, we won CL more than they did, we won a treble they only dream to achieve like we did, we’ve never played in a second division, and most of all we’ve never been accused of bribing referees or doing business with mafias for profits and trophies.

We don’t look up to these bastards, if we win the league it’s because we’re Inter, not because we want to be juBe. But Cunte keeps blatantly saying otherwise it feels like if it happened and we win the league title he might say something like:” I’d like to thank juBentus for inspiring us winning the league and be like them, cause before Inter were losers and now we’re kinda jubentus”

I can’t believe that I need to explain this but Inter should only look up to Inter and not anyone else, specially not to a team who’s in their biggest peek in their history DID NOT WIN the CL. I’d rather win the league just 4-5 consecutive times and end the run with a treble. That my friend is what we should aspire for.
    Meh, I don’t see anything wrong with saying they’re the benchmark and we are closing the gap, which is what he said. I don’t think that means we look up to Juve as some sort of role model. However winning 9 scudetti in a row would be fantastic.

24. Thanks (3): ElinaYvo, forzainter257, MVD

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Best Football Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimpin View Post
    Anyone will give him a credit for what he has done with Barella/Bastoni/Hakimi and Lukaku? All of our best players are as a result of his demands/system.
    I give Conte more credit for the development of Lautaro than that of Barella. Barella's development goes far beyond Conte's demands or any system. The guy can play anywhere in midfield. He's a complete midfielder.

I agree about the rest.

He's certainly getting the best out of Lukaku with his system. No question about it. We have seen how bad Lukaku can be if he isn't used properly from his time at Man Utd.

We had already seen from Hakimi's time at Dortmund he's perfect for the wingback role and even though there's big room for improvement Hakimi already looks like a great fit for Conte's system. He also saw potential in Bastoni who's perfect for the LCB role. So kudos to the coach. His system is also getting the best out of De Vrij.

On the other hand, there were also players who either can't seem to fit into his system (Eriksen, D'Ambrosio) or it took them a lot of time to adjust (Skriniar, Godin).

At the end of the day, you gain something and you lose something else. The ideal thing is finding the perfect balance in order to get the best out of your squad. The biggest issue with his system is it only works in domestic competions. It usually fails in Europe. We have seen it in every single club he has coached so far.
    Last edited by Il Drago; 18 Jan 21 at 16:56.
    #CONTEOUT

"When I had just become President, I went to Austria for our match. On the stadium billboard it was written: 'Inter Milan'. I went to report to the manager of the opposing team that it was enough to leave Inter. So they canceled Milan "

Massimo Moratti

26. Thanks (5): brakbrak, DARi0, MVD, varmin, Wings

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Transfer Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimpin View Post
    I have mentioned in the past that Lukaku, Martinez, Barella, Bastoni, De Vrij, Sensi (when fit) and now Hakimi are all playing at their career best level. But the #ConteOUT gang only sees this:

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Best Football Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluenine View Post
    I have mentioned in the past that Lukaku, Martinez, Barella, Bastoni, De Vrij, Sensi (when fit) and now Hakimi are all playing at their career best level. But the #ConteOUT gang only sees this:

I guess you haven't seen Hakimi at Dortmund. He can play a lot better.

We have also seen from Conte two failures in a row in Europe.
    #CONTEOUT

"When I had just become President, I went to Austria for our match. On the stadium billboard it was written: 'Inter Milan'. I went to report to the manager of the opposing team that it was enough to leave Inter. So they canceled Milan "

Massimo Moratti

29. Thanks (6): ADRossi, DARi0, MVD, NimAraya, rfU, _OC_

Greece

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Barella and Sensi play at their career best because they play for Inter these days and not Cagliari and Sassuolo.

De Vrij was as good at Lazio. There was a reason I wanted him like crazy and called him a top CB in Serie A before we signed him when people who hadn't seen him were skeptical.

Hakimi is not improved, if anything he seems constrained. Whenever he acts freely he performs his best. If you reject this notion then perhaps you do not remember Conte criticizing him during games in the early days for trying to do exactly what you're praising him for.
    Lautaro, just like most strikers, needed to play with a second striker and not as lone striker. No mystery there. The talent was obvious.

The Lukaku stubbornness I don't need to highlight once more. Sure, inflates the dude in all possible directions but the bigger picture is that this comes at the expense of the club.

Bastoni is literally the only case where you can have an argument. Thing is, he blocked his loan to Sampdoria when he first arrived because he was a left footed CB and he wanted him in for depth since we didn't want to sign the players he requested right away. Perhaps if we closed the Lukaku deal earlier and managed to get him the CB he asked for there, Bastoni would have been loaned somewhere else now or used in a deal with Lazio somehow.
    He gets credit for developing and using him of course, but let's not pretend that it was anything like love at first sight. If he was right footed he'd not have the same chances under Conte. His first game was in October, he didn't play in Europe at all and he became a first team player in December, mostly as a message to the management to kick Godin out and get him someone else. It was a typical risky and stupid Conte move, but fortunately for us it paid off with Bastoni, unlike the Gagliardini stupidity.
    <<Gli scudetti è giusto vincerli sul campo>> Antonio Conte on Calciopoli

#ConteOut

Bulgaria

Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    Hakimi is not improved, if anything he seems constrained. Whenever he acts freely he performs his best. If you reject this notion then perhaps you do not remember Conte criticizing him during games in the early days for trying to do exactly what you're praising him for.
    Hakimi is much better defensively now.

Fav. Player
    Christian Vieri

Indonesia

Right, its not like Hakimi raped us when playing at Dortmund and its not like barella scored 6 goals in 2017-2018. So lets give credit purely to Conte, if these guys had played for other coaches they would still be scrubs.
    #zhangisconte'sbitch

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Transfer Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Il Drago View Post
    I guess you haven't seen Hakimi at Dortmund. He can play a lot better.
    I have seen Hakimi at Dortmund, and not just in a few random CL games. Many times live at Signal Iduna Park too, as I travel to Dortmund often and have access to season tickets. If you haven't been, its one of the best stadium experiences in the world as a neutral, the yellow wall are a thing of beauty.

Hakimi was poor defensively at Dortmund, largely a one trick pony who suited the way Dortmund played. Nothing wrong with that, considering his age, but I always felt he will go the Gareth Bale route and become an attacker. And towards his second season, Dortmund started pushing him more into the midfield. So I had my doubts about him as a fullback. I suspect its one of the reasons Real Madrid let him go. At Inter, Hakimi's initial success followed by some poor games did not surprise me, but he has since developed a defensive side to his game. And he has improved upon his end product, the 6 goals in Serie A this season is already his highest league tally.

Overall, he is a much better player than he was even 6 months ago. He is developing fast. IMO this is the best he has ever been.