View Poll Results: Will Conte win a Scudetto with Inter?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

65 61.32%
  • No

41 38.68%
Page 206 of 237 FirstFirst ... 106156196203204205206207208209216 ... LastLast
Results 4,101 to 4,120 of 4722

Thread: Antonio Conte

Europe

Yea, Juventus got 6+ points from Inter and still only managed to finish with one point more than Inter. I don't actually believe that Sarri lost those games on purpose and could won them if Inter or others had more points. Maybe Juventus referees would have won those for them but not Sarri.

Fav. Player
    Inter1-0Wanda
    Old name
    browha

Europe

25 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by IRR26 View Post
    Yea, Juventus got 6+ points from Inter and still only managed to finish with one point more than Inter. I don't actually believe that Sarri lost those games on purpose and could won them if Inter or others had more points. Maybe Juventus referees would have won those for them but not Sarri.
    I wish people would stop looking at that stat. Juve played their B team in the last two games - some of whom are Serie C level. If they were under pressure, they would have finished 7 points clear of us realistically.

Juve won the league with two games to spare, that's the only stat to care about.

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    About the points difference to Juve. If we win one game against them, that's alone +6p to us in points difference.

Now as for this season, let's go and get that EL trophy to call it a successful season. 2nd spot is a good one, we managed to keep clean sheet for the last 4 games and won last 3, 2 of them against pretty good teams.

4. Thanks (5): Jnr, Nero Indigo, Rain, rfU, Universe

Italy

The question of how many point juventus would have got in the last two matches, if they hadn't already secured the title, is as much mathematical as it is a footbal question.

A few answers are possible, depending on the approach, and all of them would be somewhat arbitrary.

Personally, I would go with a practical approach and simply say that, realistically, they would have probably got either 6 or 4 points, with the former more likely than the second.

So imho our real distance from them is somewhat between 5 and 7 points, which I believe matches what we could get from intuition, based on what we have seen through all the season.

Now, as I wrote yesterday, let's transform one of the two defeats against them in a win: here goes their advantage over us.

But those points could also have been those we have lost with Verona, Bologna and Sassuolo.

We can look at it from different angles.

We can conclude that we kind of missed something to clinch the title.

Because we were close, many of us (me among them) are understandably feeling some disappointment, even if overall the progress is clear.

At least, we are on the right track for the title race next season.
    "As usual in Italy some decisions are made without sense and logic. The dark side of the football that we tried to clean up returns to light".

Fabio Liverani, Lecce coach.

My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

6. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Inter1-0Wanda
    Old name
    browha

Europe

25 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Honestly, if we won some of those games against Juventus, we could even talk about it, but without winning those we dont have any realistic shot of the title.

8. Thanks (1): wera

Vietnam

Conte may be pissed because his requests are constantly denied (or replaced by Marotta). He wanted Vidal, Marotta gave him Eriksen. He wanted Dzeko, but Marotta probably told him that he is too expensive, despite the obvious quality. I guess similar conflicts regarding Cavani, Moses, Valero, Sanchez or Ndombele too.

As much as I wish Conte staying, I am on Marotta side more. Conte has a short-sighted view (understandable, as he was promised a three-year aim only). Marotta is building a project, he has to take into account financial aspects. I don't want after the three years we are stuck with a bunch of overpaid, over-age, overpriced players.

10. Thanks (5): brakbrak, Il Drago, IRR26, rfU, Sqnalkel

Fav. Player
    Diego Milito

Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by PHM1605 View Post
    Conte may be pissed because his requests are constantly denied (or replaced by Marotta). He wanted Vidal, Marotta gave him Eriksen. He wanted Dzeko, but Marotta probably told him that he is too expensive, despite the obvious quality. I guess similar conflicts regarding Cavani, Moses, Valero, Sanchez or Ndombele too.

As much as I wish Conte staying, I am on Marotta side more. Conte has a short-sighted view (understandable, as he was promised a three-year aim only). Marotta is building a project, he has to take into account financial aspects. I don't want after the three years we are stuck with a bunch of overpaid, over-age, overpriced players.
    Absolutely. Didn't we just post a 100m loss? We can't just sign everyone. Although... Marotta spent 30m on eriksen and gave him insane wages. If I were conte I'd have been furious about that when my targets are getting discarded.

12. Thanks (1): MVD

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Harpsabu View Post
    Absolutely. Didn't we just post a 100m loss? We can't just sign everyone. Although... Marotta spent 30m on eriksen and gave him insane wages. If I were conte I'd have been furious about that when my targets are getting discarded.
    Eriksen was 20m.

The "insane wages" is actually slightly lower than what Lukaku gets.

14. Thanks (1): forzainter257

Europe

Coaches always wants those former players who are many times over 30 years. It is the clubs and Marotta's job to look to the future.

16. Thanks (1): Il Drago

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Kazakhstan

His complain wasn't mercato ffs. If I was Conte, I wouldn't be complaining about the transfers as most of my requests were being met and you can't sign everyone in one or two windows. His complain was indifference, irresponsibility, cowardice from our club when the players were attacked on media - or do you guys think media has no effect on players moods?

Indonesia

eriksen actually 27,5 millions

Fav. Player
    El Torture

Europe

Quote Originally Posted by forzainter257 View Post
    His complain wasn't mercato ffs. If I was Conte, I wouldn't be complaining about the transfers as most of my requests were being met and you can't sign everyone in one or two windows. His complain was indifference, irresponsibility, cowardice from our club when the players were attacked on media - or do you guys think media has no effect on players moods?
    Even when he might have a point here, that doesn't justify him taking shots at the board publicly (ironically via the same media). That just creates a new pazza public soap opera and more food for various outlets. He can't sort things out internally?

20. Thanks (1): MVD

United States

Quote Originally Posted by Palatiga View Post
    eriksen actually 27,5 millions

Lautaro has like 4 names, none of which are Lautaro Martinez.

22. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Diego Milito

Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    Eriksen was 20m.

The "insane wages" is actually slightly lower than what Lukaku gets.
    And look at the difference in output between the two. And as palatiga shows, it was almost 30m euros

24. Thanks (1): MVD

Vietnam

Quote Originally Posted by forzainter257 View Post
    Probably. I am just guessing, there could be many reasons combined. Conte could have been told (by Zhang? Marotta?) to not whine on the media with unfair treatment. Altogether it made Conte feel his words aren't respected anymore hence the yesterday outburst.

If you look closely to the requested players from Conte, only Lukaku is the only one we actually have spent big bucks on. Young is 1.5m. Sanchez and Moses were only on cheap loans. If we buy them outright, then we overpaid and Marotta could be against that, as with Dzeko or Vidal.

The last straw that broke the camel's back.

Italy

I can easily imagine that Conte told marotta privately, and maybe several times, the things he complained about publicly yesterday.

If that's the case (and I am fairly certain it is), what's the next best thing?

It's to shame your CEO and president into doing something about it, by talking to the media.
    "As usual in Italy some decisions are made without sense and logic. The dark side of the football that we tried to clean up returns to light".

Fabio Liverani, Lecce coach.

My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

27. Thanks (2): Glass box, MVD

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by thatdude View Post
    Lautaro has like 4 names, none of which are Lautaro Martinez.
    Lol dude, that's an Uruguayan striker kid we got halfway during the season.

Fav. Player
    Christian Vieri

Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsabu View Post
    And look at the difference in output between the two. And as palatiga shows, it was almost 30m euros
    Not a really fair comparison is it? Lukaku came in preseason and he has 100% of the manager's backing, actually Conte chokes on his dick which i have to admit has worked out well in accomplishing what we needed to this season.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by firmino View Post
    I can easily imagine that Conte told marotta privately, and maybe several times, the things he complained about publicly yesterday.

If that's the case (and I am fairly certain it is), what's the next best thing?

It's to shame your CEO and president into doing something about it, by talking to the media.
    Its only been 1 season for goodness sake. Its not like he has never talked shit about our players either; you never ever air your dirty laundry in public.

As much as I hate Marotta, I'm on his side this time.

Fav. Player
    L'pool Youtube

Yugoslavia

Italian FIFer, please tell me what mole are they talking here?

31. Thanks (1): MVD

United States

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    Lol dude, that's an Uruguayan striker kid we got halfway during the season.
    You’re right, ignore me I haven’t had any coffee yet

33. Thanks (1): MVD