View Poll Results: Will Conte win a Scudetto with Inter?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

65 61.32%
  • No

41 38.68%
Page 378 of 399 FirstFirst ... 278328368375376377378379380381388 ... LastLast
Results 7,541 to 7,560 of 7975

Thread: Antonio Conte

Poland

even professional coaches know Milan will collapse sooner or later.

2. Thanks (4): eduzee, kurt0411, MVD, Strale

Fav. Player
    Gagliardinho

Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by diamen View Post
    even professional coaches know Milan will collapse sooner or later.
    Even Milan Coach
    Gagliardini best italian midfielders 2020/2021

Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by magnesium View Post
    The coaches who voted for Inter were Gian Piero Gasperini, Pippo Inzaghi, Eusebio Di Francesco, Simone Inzaghi, Stefano Pioli, Gennaro Gattuso, Fabio Liverani, Roberto De Zerbi, Marco Giampaolo, Luca Gotti and Ivan Juric.
    Fuckers trying to jinx us.

Canada

Who did Conte vote for

6. Thanks (3): Linege, magnesium, MVD

Fav. Player
    Kolarov

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member Most Diverse Poster
    Did you guys actually see the full ITALPRESS results? Coaches were asked to elect: 1. Team of the season, 2. Player of the season, 3. Scudetto winner. 16 out of 20 coaches participated. Conte and Pirlo did not. Some real whack shit here:

GIAN PIERO GASPERINI (ATALANTA) 1. Milan 2. Ibrahimovic 3. Inter

FILIPPO INZAGHI (BENEVENTO) 1. Milan 2. Letizia 3. Inter

SINISA MIHAJLOVIC (BOLOGNA) 1. Milan 2. Soriano 3 NON RISPONDE (salty much)

EUSEBIO DI FRANCESCO (CAGLIARI) 1. Sassuolo 2. De Paul 3. Inter

GIOVANNI STROPPA (CROTONE) 1. Milan 2. Messias 3. Milan

CESARE PRANDELLI (FIORENTINA) 1. Sassuolo 2. Pessina 3. NON RISPONDE

SIMONE INZAGHI (LAZIO) 1. Sassuolo 2. Zaccagni 3. Inter

STEFANO PIOLI (MILAN) 1. Verona 2. Zaccagni 3. Inter

RINO GATTUSO (NAPOLI) 1. Benevento 2. Scamacca 3. Inter

FABIO LIVERANI (PARMA) 1. Verona 2. De Ligt 3. Inter

CLAUDIO RANIERI (SAMPDORIA) 1. Verona 2. Mckennie 3. NON RISPONDE

ROBERTO DE ZERBI (SASSUOLO) 1. Benevento 2. Nzola 3. Inter

VINCENZO ITALIANO (SPEZIA) 1. Sassuolo 2. Bastoni 3. Juventus

MARCO GIAMPAOLO (TORINO) 1. Sassuolo 2. Singo 3. Inter

LUCA GOTTI (UDINESE) 1. Milan 2. Osimhen 3. Inter

IVAN JURIC (VERONA) 1. Spezia 2. Zaccagni 3. Inter

Conte probably raging we didn't protect him by stopping the survey from being conducted and published.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fav. Player
    Vieri, Baggio

Austria

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    I have to admit: I've never heard about half of the "Players of the season" ... The only Letizia I know is the queen of Spain.

9. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Conte-19

Russian Federation

Antonio Conte (Inter) 1. Inter 2. Vidal 3. Juventus
    Inter Banter era 2011-

Whatever the future holds, one thing is clear: Inter can no longer afford to win at all costs. Rafa Benitez, the new head coach, faces a tough battle to repeat last season’s spectacular success, given the club’s financial constraints. Jose Mourinho was always going to be a daunting act to follow, but Benitez may have to do it on a shoestring budget.

United States

10 years of FIF
    Zaccagni really been that good? I don’t think I remember watching him kick a ball to be honest

12. Thanks (2): MVD, _OC_

Fav. Player
    Icardi

Saudi Arabia

8 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    Did you guys actually see the full ITALPRESS results? Coaches were asked to elect: 1. Team of the season, 2. Player of the season, 3. Scudetto winner. 16 out of 20 coaches participated. Conte and Pirlo did not. Some real whack shit here:

GIAN PIERO GASPERINI (ATALANTA) 1. Milan 2. Ibrahimovic 3. Inter

FILIPPO INZAGHI (BENEVENTO) 1. Milan 2. Letizia 3. Inter

SINISA MIHAJLOVIC (BOLOGNA) 1. Milan 2. Soriano 3 NON RISPONDE (salty much)

EUSEBIO DI FRANCESCO (CAGLIARI) 1. Sassuolo 2. De Paul 3. Inter

GIOVANNI STROPPA (CROTONE) 1. Milan 2. Messias 3. Milan

CESARE PRANDELLI (FIORENTINA) 1. Sassuolo 2. Pessina 3. NON RISPONDE

SIMONE INZAGHI (LAZIO) 1. Sassuolo 2. Zaccagni 3. Inter

STEFANO PIOLI (MILAN) 1. Verona 2. Zaccagni 3. Inter

RINO GATTUSO (NAPOLI) 1. Benevento 2. Scamacca 3. Inter

FABIO LIVERANI (PARMA) 1. Verona 2. De Ligt 3. Inter

CLAUDIO RANIERI (SAMPDORIA) 1. Verona 2. Mckennie 3. NON RISPONDE

ROBERTO DE ZERBI (SASSUOLO) 1. Benevento 2. Nzola 3. Inter

VINCENZO ITALIANO (SPEZIA) 1. Sassuolo 2. Bastoni 3. Juventus

MARCO GIAMPAOLO (TORINO) 1. Sassuolo 2. Singo 3. Inter

LUCA GOTTI (UDINESE) 1. Milan 2. Osimhen 3. Inter

IVAN JURIC (VERONA) 1. Spezia 2. Zaccagni 3. Inter

Conte probably raging we didn't protect him by stopping the survey from being conducted and published.
    What the fuck did I just read. The answers to Team of the Season and Player of the Season are too random that I might indeed think they did this shit on purpose to put pressure on Inter. Only legit vote was Gasperini’s.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Linege View Post
    Antonio Conte (Inter) 1. Inter 2. Vidal 3. Juventus
    Reading this while looking at your avatar gave me endless laugh
    Forza Inter

14. Thanks (3): bubba zanetti, magnesium, MVD

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Transfer Guru
    Yeah, I seriously doubt the coaches gave those answers to "who is the best player of the season". Perhaps there was some subtext or a criteria given for selection like "which player will surprise everyone this season" or "most improved player" or something.

Greece

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    First is most surprising team and second is most surprising player. There was no "best" category.
    <<Gli scudetti è giusto vincerli sul campo>> Antonio Conte on Calciopoli

#ConteOut

Fav. Player
    Chino Recoba

Croatia

Quote Originally Posted by Linege View Post
    Antonio Conte (Inter) 1. Inter 2. Eriksen 3. Juventus
    Fixed.

18. Thanks (3): eduzee, magnesium, MVD

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Argentina

Eight winning streaks during winter. As much as I loath cunte, I must give him credit for turning our annual winter implosion into winter feast.
    http://irequis.wordpress.com/
    Feeling up the senses like a night in Giuseppe Meazza

20. Thanks (2): Bluenine, forzainter257

Fav. Player
    Vieri*

UK

29 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Good win... still a fraud!
    "A Black Hearted Slave, For The Blue Blood Kings, Bleeding For The Team, And The Titles They Bring"

Forza Inter
    *CAMPIONE DEL MONDO* 2009//2010
    -- COPPA ITALIA -- SERIE A -- UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE --
    -- SUPER COPPA ITALIANA -- FIFA CLUB WORLD CUP --

22. Thanks (2): NimAraya, Universe

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

With no Europe anymore, gathering wins in 95% games is obligatory and expected. Winning 1-0 or 6-2, who cares, he is still the moron that brought Vidal here and that can't get out of CL groups even tho he is getting paid a king's ransom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

Fav. Player
    DDA, Bastoni

United States

Forum Supporter
    Got the subs right and my god very timely to boot.

25. Thanks (2): dax21, MVD

Serbia

Antonio Conte warns Arturo Vidal ‘has to do much better and nobody is guaranteed a place’ in the Inter line-up, while there are concerns over Romelu Lukaku’s injury.

Although Crotone had taken the lead and were 2-2 at half-time, the Nerazzurri stepped on the gas to eventually win 6-2 with a Lautaro Martinez hat-trick.

This was Inter’s eighth consecutive Serie A victory and put them temporarily top of the table, awaiting Milan’s trip to Benevento this evening.

“There was a good response today and I felt we started the right way by being aggressive. Crotone pushed seven players up and surprised us on the corner,” Conte told Sky Sport Italia.

“We did well to turn it around, then a naïve error on the penalty could’ve sparked anxiety, but the lads instead did really well to stay focused, keep creating scoring opportunities and bring home another victory.”

Lukaku went off with a muscular issue in his thigh just after scoring the goal.

“Romelu felt a slight muscular problem in his quadricep, we’ll see if he is at risk against Sampdoria or not. As soon as he felt that twinge, we immediately substituted him, so hopefully it’s nothing serious.”

Conte was asked about Vidal, who gave away a penalty for a foul on Arkadiusz Reca and was substituted at half-time.

“He can improve a great deal. He certainly needs to work, keep his head down and work hard, because nobody has a guaranteed place in this team. He has to prove he deserves to play and do much better than he is doing at the moment.”

It was pointed out that his face suggested Conte would happily slap Vidal at this moment and the coach smiled.

“When I say he has to do much better, I am referring to the too many ups and downs, which we as Inter cannot afford. He knows that, he knows he has to get back to training harder, because playing for big clubs you can sometimes use training for back-heel flicks and fun, but that’s not the case here.

“We’re glad Stefano Sensi is back, because we basically only had him for seven games last season. We have Roberto Gagliardini, who is a guarantee when he comes on, so we’re happy. We have alternatives and must try to keep improving.

“In the second half, aside from Achraf Hakimi, it was basically the same line-up as last season. Hakimi is improving a great deal in his defending, as he arrived at Inter only focusing on attack, but we explained the importance of the wing-backs when defending.

“He deserves credit for really knuckling down and can provide guarantees in defence too now.”

Fav. Player
    Kolarov

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member Most Diverse Poster
    Before any lunatics start complaining about people dissecting and/or criticising a big win, let me say GTFO because that is exactly what forums are for: in-depth discussion and critical analysis. If you want mindless cheerleading, stick to posting black and blue heart emojis in instagram/youtube comments.

So, Conte has obviously made a tactical adjustment to have the team sit deeper in recent matches than we did at the start of the season. This has coincided with him abandoning the 3412 nonsense and reverting to the tried and tested 352 flat with Brozovic at DM - both good moves that I've been begging for. Seems that when we sit back like we did against Verona or Spezia, we can contain the game comfortably and concede very little chances (while also exerting very little attacking energy).

Naturally I'm happy with the win today but that defending for the opening 15 minutes was utterly ludicrous. Seems that if we bring our overall shape even a few steps forward, we start getting pulled all over the place and completely lose our compactness. That needs to be addressed. We can't exist on these two extremes of the scale: forward and exposed vs sitting deep and doing nothing. We need balance and we need to be able to transition effectively.

Also, while I was satisfied with the attacking plays, especially coming off a break, we really need to rotate more. We played our strongest XI in the two easiest fixtures of the entire season, at home against the two Serie B teams (still conceding 3 goals btw..) That simply shouldn't be necessary and as I mentioned last time, if not in these games, then when? These are literally the easiest fucking games of the entire 40-something games in the season. If your system requires your best players even against the worst 2 teams in the league (and you still concede shit goals), then your system clearly has some issues.

I give Conte credit for the subs today which were timely and proactive. Like Lukaku demolishing a Serie B side though, I want to see this kind of performance against the top teams for once. We need more tactical guile than simply bulldozing shit teams with brute force and a sheer gulf in quality of players.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Some good points right there by Uni..

First of let me say i do think conte did good yesterday as in his subs were timely, think he made some good adjustments at HT plus we got a neat victory.Only thing i had to complain from the get go is Vidal i just dont get why he had to start this game, and i dont get why we cant play a midfield that is more comfortable with the ball when playing these relegation sides? Imho sensi should have started. It is also a bit worrying that our best midfield/defence concedes two against Crotone in 45 mins. That being said first half was the same old BS some good offensive plays, but our defense was horrible and while we had more chances the draw at halftime was fair.

Second half was a lot better but what i liked most is that for once we did not stop playing when we wet ahead by 1 goal and there were 30/35 mins left to play,
    like we had a shit ton of matches like the one yesterday where we play shit for 45 to 50 mins and manage to turn it around it s just that usually after we score the we go right back to defending, leaving us vulnerable even against the weakest sides. Yesterday on the other hand there was no letting up after we went ahead we took care of business like a big team should. Not sure if this is a tactical/mentality change or if crotone simply ran out of gas around the 60st and we for once took proper advantage of it. I know you cannot always win by huge margins but games against bottom feeders should really look like this from us more often than not, especially with conte being known for keeping a strict fitness regime.
    Anyways what ever it was that made us keep on attacking after we got the go ahead goal keep it up....
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

29. Thanks (1): MVD

Greece

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Results have been on par in the last games, but overall we are still below par (losing the derby, European display was abysmal and results were even worse).

The only way the season can be considered a positive is if we win the league and reach the Coppa final.
    If we lose the Scudetto that is once again, like last year, ours to lose, even if we win a cup it'd be a season with a negative note. The trophy would be welcome, but it'd be more of a consolation peize than anything. The cup should have been the target in Spalletti last season and if our expenditure pace was the same, maybe last season as well. You need such a trophy to get a momentum going. But if it's disguised in failure, it doesn't mean much. Our last Coppa trophy was such. Just a consolation for fucking up the league and the CL quarters vs Schalke.

It's Scudetto or bust. Our recent streak of results may buy some patience, but the way it has been reached reminds more of Mancini 2015 than a genuine Scudetto challenger. So far our main rival is falling behind, Napoli is still a weird mess, Roma won't do much damage in the long run and Milan is pretty much in that same Mancini 2015 vibe. The only difference is that this is their peak while us doing the same => below expectations. When the results stop coming we must be ready to react. Cannot tell if we can. We seem too fragile this season.
    <<Gli scudetti è giusto vincerli sul campo>> Antonio Conte on Calciopoli

#ConteOut