View Poll Results: Will Conte win a Scudetto with Inter?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

65 61.32%
  • No

41 38.68%
Page 385 of 391 FirstFirst ... 285335375382383384385386387388 ... LastLast
Results 7,681 to 7,700 of 7811

Thread: Antonio Conte

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Ecuador

Guess we finally saw Plan B

2. Thanks (1): Universe

Fav. Player
    The Phenomenon

Indonesia

Conte after Hakimi goal : spreading legs, waiting Roma's players to fuck his anus.

4. Thanks (1): bubba zanetti

Fav. Player
    Kolarov

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member Most Diverse Poster
    Disappointing would be an understatement for yesterday. Penis-loving would be more accurate. That was a real penis-loving display from Conte yesterday.

People say things like "is it Conte's fault that Lautaro missed a sitter?" and "how is Conte to blame if Sanchez misses a penalty?" In a way, you're absolutely right. But if things don't go to plan, it's on Conte to keep on it until they do.

A salesman develops a bunch of leads but they don't convert into sales. Is his job done then? No. He needs to keep generating more leads until some of them fucking convert into sales. Likewise, if we make chances but don't convert them into goals, the job isn't done. If we generate a lead (in both senses of the word) but fail to convert the lead to a victory, then our job hasn't been done. Conte's job isn't done.

This is where he takes much of the blame - the team is looking to him for a response, as their leader, but too often he sends the completely wrong message with his timidity and horrendous in-game management.

Literally everyone, from the fans to commentators and pundits can see that the momentum of a game has swung. You think the players don't feel it? They feel it worse than anyone. Of course, some of it is on their shoulders to keep a cool head and play well but the entire point of a coach is to provide the structural guidance and decision-making - otherwise we may as well let the players decide their system and subs. Perhaps by a vote? Not using those Dominion machines though, those are rigged.

This shit is real bad for morale, especially to a team already suffering from chronic mentality issues. The constant dropping points from winning positions. The constant looking to the manager for help, only to receive none, or far too late at best.

You can't just completely withdraw your offensive threat like Conte did with Hakimi for Kolarov, like Spalletti did with Icardi for Santon. A boxer who knows his opponent can't defend himself will double his offensive output because he doesn't fear retaliation. You're showing the opponents and your own players that you're giving up - that your job is done and you're not willing to do more. Troops want to rally, not retreat.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

\_(ツ)_/

Fav. Player
    Nicolooo

Falkland Islands

0 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Is this clueless fuck fired yet?
    IO SONO INTERISTA

7. Thanks (1): eduzee

Fav. Player
    Chino Recoba

Croatia

Sadly he isnt and he'll be here till we fully choke.

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    Disappointing would be an understatement for yesterday. Penis-loving would be more accurate. That was a real penis-loving display from Conte yesterday.

People say things like "is it Conte's fault that Lautaro missed a sitter?" and "how is Conte to blame if Sanchez misses a penalty?" In a way, you're absolutely right. But if things don't go to plan, it's on Conte to keep on it until they do.

A salesman develops a bunch of leads but they don't convert into sales. Is his job done then? No. He needs to keep generating more leads until some of them fucking convert into sales. Likewise, if we make chances but don't convert them into goals, the job isn't done. If we generate a lead (in both senses of the word) but fail to convert the lead to a victory, then our job hasn't been done. Conte's job isn't done.

This is where he takes much of the blame - the team is looking to him for a response, as their leader, but too often he sends the completely wrong message with his timidity and horrendous in-game management.

Literally everyone, from the fans to commentators and pundits can see that the momentum of a game has swung. You think the players don't feel it? They feel it worse than anyone. Of course, some of it is on their shoulders to keep a cool head and play well but the entire point of a coach is to provide the structural guidance and decision-making - otherwise we may as well let the players decide their system and subs. Perhaps by a vote? Not using those Dominion machines though, those are rigged.

This shit is real bad for morale, especially to a team already suffering from chronic mentality issues. The constant dropping points from winning positions. The constant looking to the manager for help, only to receive none, or far too late at best.

You can't just completely withdraw your offensive threat like Conte did with Hakimi for Kolarov, like Spalletti did with Icardi for Santon. A boxer who knows his opponent can't defend himself will double his offensive output because he doesn't fear retaliation. You're showing the opponents and your own players that you're giving up - that your job is done and you're not willing to do more. Troops want to rally, not retreat.
    Spot on.

It was said in the match thread how Smalling yelled back to Fonseca that "they are panicking, no need to stay back" when Fonseca told Smalling to go back (to defence). Conte doubled down on this panic with his insane substitutions yesterday.

IMO bringing in Perisic instead of Sanchez and Gagliardini instead of Sensi was the biggest mistake Conte did. Those happened at 77 and 82 minutes respectively. With Sanchez and Sensi we would have had so much more ball control and possession ability that we wouldn't have had to default to deep defending in panic mode for the last 10 minutes. Also, leaving Lukaku alone up front made him almost useless because Perisic was another midfielder covering space. Conte said Hakimi was making too many wrong passes but adding Kolarov meant just adding one statue to our defence, a player who can bring nothing to our game at that point when we were just sitting deep, in panic, because Kolarov is slow as fuck and not a good in defending.

Oh my god what a fucking idiot Conte was in this match.

Now he just made his life so much more difficult with a must-win against Juventus.

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Best Football Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by morrisama View Post
    we must have new coach next season. i dont mind if Allegri replace this coward next week. our target is only to finish in top 4. so, we no longer need Conte after being humiliated in CL. we'll lose the money to pay this one dimensional guy but at least we still can save our squad potentials.
    With the state of our finances at the moment the only way we can afford Allegri is if Conte resigns which is unlikely. If Inter fire Conte at the end of the season they will probably go for a low cost option like De Zerbi.
    #CONTEOUT

11. Thanks (2): MVD, rfU

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    I would rather go with Juric in that case because De Zerbi is nothing like Conte. Roster would fit to Juric a lot better than to De Zerbi.

13. Thanks (1): Universe

Fav. Player
    Chino Recoba

Croatia

I think that Cunte does all this on purpose. He had results and he won in other clubs. He is rubentino rat and he fucks with this club. His decisions are abnormal and he can't be stupid like that no way lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    I would rather go with Juric in that case because De Zerbi is nothing like Conte. Roster would fit to Juric a lot better than to De Zerbi.
    I would rather De Zerbi, attacking minded coach. Tired of defensive no risk guys here at Inter.

15. Thanks (1): eduzee

Greece

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    These Juric, De Zerbi etc options are not actual options for us. We're getting rid of Spalletti's contract at the end of the season, if Conte gets sacked* then we should go for someone who competes for championships and would gladly take the step up to Serie A but also preferably knows the league.

The chances of De Zerbi becoming a Gasperini, Spalletti or Di Francesco when it comes to added pressure are far too high. Heck, they're already high with fucking Conte whom we're overpaying for his achievements of winning a shitty PL right after Ranieri won it with a relegation team and 3 corrupted Scudetti...

If low cost is the option, then I'd fucking take Sergio Conceicao for a season or something until we can get Simeone or Mourinho back.
    <<Gli scudetti giusto vincerli sul campo>> Antonio Conte on Calciopoli

#ConteOut

Fav. Player
    JZ4

10 years of FIF
    IMO the current squad is quite well suited to 433 with just a few minor adjustments. Sell Toro to get a proper winger and we're good to go. Jurcic on the other hand plays high octance 343. we would need wingers anyway and LWB.

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    The chances of De Zerbi becoming a Gasperini, Spalletti or Di Francesco when it comes to added pressure are far too high. Heck, they're already high with fucking Conte whom we're overpaying for his achievements of winning a shitty PL right after Ranieri won it with a relegation team and 3 corrupted Scudetti...

If low cost is the option, then I'd fucking take Sergio Conceicao for a season or something until we can get Simeone or Mourinho back.
    SC's teams play garbage football, he wins because the competition in Portugal is many times worse and he has better players at his disposal. Also he's quite temperamental ala Conte. I say we stay away. Simone and Mourinho are way out of our price range and would need huge squad investments.

If we win the scudetto this year I say we go with De Zerbi, he's a cheap option, won't make to many outlandish demands to play his brand of football, and we start with a foundation for once (with Locatelli and Barella at the core of it all) and build upwards. Ceiling wise De Zerbi might at Spalletti's level but that's good enough for the next 2/3 years, hopefully by then our finances will really in order.
    "Last person I called "Darling" was pregnant 20 seconds later!" Lord Flashheart.

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

I hated the subs at the end as well, but this fucking thread
    Quote Originally Posted by bandiera View Post
    referees 'without question' favour juve? i think youre overstating the effect of buying out the refs.
    On Conte
    Still positive that by winning the Scudetto, we can get rid of the guy.

19. Thanks (1): thatdude

Vietnam

If Zhang doesn't pay a penny for the Mercato there is zero chance he pays 50m to fire Conte and hire a new coach. Also zero chance Conte will give up 30m and resign.

We will stick with him at least 1.5 more years, to the contract expiration date (06.2022).

21. Thanks (2): Il Drago, IM21

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Best Football Poster
    Due to Conte's poor record in derbies i was curious how he was doing from that aspect in his previous teams. I didn't check his Juventus record because let's be honest. There was a lack of competition after their first Scudetto. So i checked his Chelsea stats against the other sides that finished in the top 6 (Man City, Man Utd, Tottenham, Liverpool, Arsenal).

2016/17 (Chelsea finished 1st)

vs. 2nd placed Tottenham: 1 win, 1 loss

vs. 3rd placed Man City: 2 wins

vs. 4th placed Liverpool: 1 draw, 1 loss

vs. 5th placed Arsenal: 1 win, 1 loss

vs. 6th placed Man Utd: 1 win, 1 loss

2017/18 (Chelsea finished 5th)

vs. 1st placed Man City: 2 losses

vs. 2nd placed Man Utd: 1 win, 1 loss

vs. 3rd placed Tottenham: 1 win, 1 loss

vs. 4th placed Liverpool: 1 win, 1 draw

vs. 6th placed Arsenal: 2 draws

It's obvious results in the derbies weren't one of his strengths at Chelsea either.
    #CONTEOUT

23. Thanks (1): MVD

Greece

Quote Originally Posted by PHM1605 View Post
    If Zhang doesn't pay a penny for the Mercato there is zero chance he pays 50m to fire Conte and hire a new coach. Also zero chance Conte will give up 30m and resign.

We will stick with him at least 1.5 more years, to the contract expiration date (06.2022).
    It is very likely, yes. Only reason to sack him would be failing to achieve a top 4 spot.

I made an asterisk above, I was meant to say something along these lines. Also would add that Conte won't resign but he may milk an invitation to be sacked by provoking the management constantly in the media and force-resign and sue (a la Chelsea) just a week or two before the league starts and leave us stranded. That has higher chances than us sacking him at the end of the season, if the status quo remains intact.

#ConteOut

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Kazakhstan

The moment the likes of De Zerbis enter the dressing room there will be 50 middle fingers shown at him.

Simeone, Mourinho? They will be demanding three times higher salary than Conte's. I wonder what your expectations from them are gonna be? Three scudettos a year probably

Greece

Quote Originally Posted by forzainter257 View Post
    Simeone, Mourinho? They will be demanding three times higher salary than Conte's. I wonder what your expectations from them are gonna be? Three scudettos a year probably

Sure, once they saw that we gave a gobbo clown like Conte 12m a season they should be asking for 50m even

Heck, if I were Spalletti I'd ask for double the salary as well just to not sue the club

#ConteOut

27. Thanks (1): bubba zanetti

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Kazakhstan

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post

Sure, once they saw that we gave a gobbo clown like Conte 12m a season they should be asking for 50m even

Heck, if I were Spalletti I'd ask for double the salary as well just to not sue the club
    Jokes aside, what you gonna expect from Simeone if we happen to hire him?

29. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Chino Recoba

Croatia

The moment the likes of De Zerbis enter the dressing room there will be 50 middle fingers shown at him.

If that Cunte idiot earns 1.5 or 2mil per year I wouldn't mind but 12mil per year for this shit?Give me a fkn break.

Fav. Player
    JZ4

10 years of FIF
    why do you say this?
    "Last person I called "Darling" was pregnant 20 seconds later!" Lord Flashheart.

32. Thanks (1): eduzee