View Poll Results: Will Conte win a Scudetto with Inter?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

65 61.32%
  • No

41 38.68%
Page 388 of 400 FirstFirst ... 288338378385386387388389390391398 ... LastLast
Results 7,741 to 7,760 of 7985

Thread: Antonio Conte

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Transfer Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Kramerica Industries View Post
    So I've been doing some surface-level research, and here are some findings...

We played 82 games in Serie A + Champions League with Spalletti. Inter held a 2nd half lead in 48 of those games. Now, that's a gross number, which means it includes a 5-0 win over Chievo in the same way that it includes a 1-0 win, with the exception of four games in the 2018-'19 season where a winning goal was scored in stoppage time (1-0 wins at Samp and vs. Milan and Napoli as well as the comeback 2-1 win vs. Tottenham). In total, under Spalletti, Inter lost 19 points from games where they led in the 2nd half. Only one of those games - 2018 vs. Juve - went from a 2nd half lead and ended in a loss.

We've played 67 games with Conte in these two competitions (38 + 12 + 17). We've held a 2nd half lead in 46 of those games. We've lost 32 points from winning positions in the 2nd half, and we've lost four games from those positions - away to Barcelona and Dortmund in the CL, and away to Lazio and home to Bologna last season.

So, while we've held more second half leads under Conte on a proportional basis, we've also lost several more points in fewer opportunities than we did with Spalletti as the manager. All of this, mind you, with what is supposed to be a deeper, more talented squad, and with higher expectations.

For pro-Conte people here - and I mean this sincerely and without snark or condescension - how do you defend these numbers?
    Its a good analysis. However Conte has changed Inter from last season to this season. I suspect if you do the same analysis for different seasons under conte, or maybe pre and post lockdown, you will see different results. I am not defending Conte or ranting against him, I am just curious. If for example you find that for Conte these results have been improving, maybe that answers your question.

If you generally want to know why I defend Conte sometimes... the answer is simple, and it was the same argument I had for defending Spalletti. The only thing that matters, Inter's position on the table:

2016-17 (Banter era): 7th
    2017-18 (Spalletti): 4th
    2018-19 (Spalletti): 4th
    2019-20 (Conte): 2nd

Federated States of Micronesia

10 years of FIF
    All coaches post Mourinho failed at Inter, but their failure was down to various reasons. I could sympatize with majority of em, as they were not much supported by the club. But that's not the case with Conte. The club got his back like no other coach, yet he still he whined and failed. And despite his whining and failing, he's still at the club and still getting paid huge salary for jackshit he hasnt achieved and getting totally embarrassed in the CL.

It's hard to compare coach to coach post Mourinho, as they had different elements and different expectations. But between our last 3 coaches, considering the squad quality and all the money spent, I believe Conte did a worse job than the other two. This is the worst Serie A season in a long time and Conte's Inter still cant take advantage of this situation and is behind our former coach's team, and the situation is probably going to get worse.
    Massimo Moratti: "It's better to be multi-ethnic than buying matches."

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Kazakhstan

Kramerica, Conte's subs suck just like Spalletti's and that is the main reason why we have been losing points after 2nd half collapses. Whereas with Spalletti we had been losing points because the team looked half asleep, playing with lack of enthusiasm. You can't say the same about the current team display, can you?

I will never buy this "Spalletti had a weaker squad" bullshit, because:
    - Spalletti had Icardi, Conte has Lukaku.
    - Spalletti had Radja, Conte has Barella.
    - Conte has Sanchez as a back up, Spalletti had Keita, Politano for his wingers

It's a matter of managing them, motivating them, finding the right words and etc..

The players Spalletti wanted costed decent amount of money. Just because he wasn't able to unleash their full abilities doesn't mean he had weaker squad. We paid for fucking Vecino 25M man and just because he turned out to be shit doesn't excuse Spalletti. 25M is huge man, you could have bought someone more interesting, but he couldn't. Why? Because he has no pool to pick from other than Italy, Russia. Plus any player with recognition would just refuse joining a team with a noname coach at the helm. This is another pro argument for having Conte.

Also compare how good some players were/are under both coaches. SDV? Lautaro? Tell me how many young players had chances under Spalletti let alone converting them to key players? If that gobbo is fraud, would he be caring about Inter's future?

Bare statistics are not enough to evaluate both coaches' KPI.

Vietnam

Conte has the strongest squad by miles since after the treble and he isn’t delivering enough with that squad. Nothing to argue here. If you can’t see that simple fact, forzainter, you just blindly defense Conte no matter what.

PNG

16 FIF Special Ones Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluenine View Post
    Its a good analysis. However Conte has changed Inter from last season to this season. I suspect if you do the same analysis for different seasons under conte, or maybe pre and post lockdown, you will see different results. I am not defending Conte or ranting against him, I am just curious. If for example you find that for Conte these results have been improving, maybe that answers your question.

If you generally want to know why I defend Conte sometimes... the answer is simple, and it was the same argument I had for defending Spalletti. The only thing that matters, Inter's position on the table:

2016-17 (Banter era): 7th
    2017-18 (Spalletti): 4th
    2018-19 (Spalletti): 4th
    2019-20 (Conte): 2nd
    If the position on the table outside of context or nuance mattered that much then we would have kept Mancini and would have never won the treble.

We've literally gone broke with billionaire owners to have the prestige of being the 1st losers in the Scudetto race.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fossati
    Every time an interesting player from another team expresses any interest in us, we start acting like beggars - ausilio certainly looks the part: unshaved, always looks like he hasn't slept in days, I wouldn't be surprised if he smells - and constantly try to get the deal done with lowball offers.

6. Thanks (1): bubba zanetti

Malta

Quote Originally Posted by Nyall View Post
    If the position on the table outside of context or nuance mattered that much then we would have kept Mancini and would have never won the treble.

We've literally gone broke with billionaire owners to have the prestige of being the 1st losers in the Scudetto race.
    Why are you guys still so stuck in the past? You cannot compare Mancini with Conte in any way, shape or form. With Mancini we had the best team in Italy and we were expected to challenge for the champions league. Reality check: we are coming off years of fucking mediocrity with an owner who has now decided to abort the club up against a Rube team that has won the league 9 years in a fucking row!!!! and who have just spent 250 million on top of having Cristiano fucking Ronaldo, Dybala and de Ligt. Like hello you guys cannot be this blind? The only reason they aren't 15pts clear is because they have a rookie coach and yes thats our only hope. We are in the title race, I don't give a fuck how or what, we are in it. That's all I can ask from Conte and if he delivers the title then no one can say anything

Greece

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by kurt0411 View Post
    Why are you guys still so stuck in the past? You cannot compare Mancini with Conte in any way, shape or form. With Mancini we had the best team in Italy and we were expected to challenge for the champions league. Reality check: we are coming off years of fucking mediocrity with an owner who has now decided to abort the club up against a Rube team that has won the league 9 years in a fucking row!!!! and who have just spent 250 million on top of having Cristiano fucking Ronaldo, Dybala and de Ligt. Like hello you guys cannot be this blind? The only reason they aren't 15pts clear is because they have a rookie coach and yes thats our only hope. We are in the title race, I don't give a fuck how or what, we are in it. That's all I can ask from Conte and if he delivers the title then no one can say anything
    On Spalletti, for the 2018-19 season:
    Absolute losers mentality. How dafuq can you tell your team to forget about fighting for the league and focus on Top4? Might as well hand Rube the title already then, no point in playing.

I know we have weaknesses but there is no excuse why we should not be fighting for the title this season
    Please find me your quote when the club, including Conte, announced that our target for this season is Top 4.

Oh wait, here it is:
    Loooool people still running this theory don’t know shit I swear. We have no money to spend....what do you expect him to demand? If the management expect him to win the scudetto with no money left to spend then he has no choice but to ask for old experienced players, not to mention that in our case we need a few as it is anyways to complement the younger core. Don’t know how many times people need to hear this to understand it: we are the UNDERDOGS heading into the season, Juve still have the much better squad. We had a chance to close the gap big time with 3 massive signings and Suning pulled out because he has no money left. End of discussion

Yeap, no bias towards Conte whatsoever
    <<Gli scudetti Ť giusto vincerli sul campo>> Antonio Conte on Calciopoli

#ConteOut

Malta

Wait what are you even trying to say? I never said we shouldn’t challenge for the title? We are Inter. We should always begin the season with the aim of challenging for the title. Spalletti said Top 4 is the aim and he got it on the last day of the season twice. Conte says Top 4 is the aim and we are very much in the title race. So I couldn’t give a shit what he says so long as we’re in it

Canada

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    You do realize that many lost points under Spalletti came from awful officiating, right?
    We do not have bad officiating these days.

Juventys derby with Pjanic killing Rafinha, Fiorentina away game with Abisso fucking it up hard, Sampdoria away game (we managed a late win), Parma game with the Dimarco stunner, Sassuolo season opener away, Barcelona game refereeing in both home and away fixtures and several other examples.

?
    Actually not true. I feel like you are going with the ďrefs were against us before Conte, but are now not screwing is over because Conte is a Juventino.Ē

Iím not even defending Conte or going against Spaletti but refereeing wasnít as bad as you made it. You also ignore the times calls went in our favour:
    Inter Torino 2-2 - non-existent foul for De Vrijís goal
    Roma - Inter 2-2 - clear penalty not given on DíAmbrosio foul on Zaniolo
    Inter Empoli 2-1 - Icardindive for penalty
    Napoli Inter 4-1 - soft penalty
    Inter Fiorentina 2-1 soft penalty

Meanwhile for this year:
    Genoa - Inter - clear penalty when Lukaku was tripped not given
    Inter - Parma 2-2 - clear foul on Perisic being dragged to the ground while the referee ignored to even consult VAR (this was as bad as the Fiorentina call)
    Milan - Inter 2-1 - Kjaer should have been sent off for foul on Lautaro near the end of the first half.

Itís easy to twist these arguments to serve your purpose.

I want Conte out but making it seem as if we lost so many points with Spaletti simply due to referee errors is ridiculous.

There are some bad examples like Fiorentina and Juventus where we got absolutely screwed, similar to Parma game this season.
    Few decisions here and there happen all the time (hell, we had quite a few of them during our CL run in 2010, it happens)

11. Thanks (2): forzainter257, varmin

Greece

We got way too many soft penalties and calls in the last two years man. I'm not saying we've turned into gobbolite, we still have claims against refs, but it's not like they've been against us. We got serious issues with refs in the first 10 games of the 2018-19 season. Scudetto altering kind of challenges. We did not even get bad treatment versus Juventus last season, something we have to go back to the late 80s to claim... That speaks volumes.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait what are you even trying to say? I never said we shouldn’t challenge for the title? We are Inter. We should always begin the season with the aim of challenging for the title. Spalletti said Top 4 is the aim and he got it on the last day of the season twice. Conte says Top 4 is the aim and we are very much in the title race. So I couldn’t give a shit what he says so long as we’re in it
    Your post on Spalletti was from the last week of August of 2018, after two league games were played and once we reached the Champions League for the first time in sever years, a day before the CL draw actually.

Your post on Conte was 2 weeks before freaking pre-season, right after finishing 2nd the season prior and finishing finalists in a European final....

Sure, you're consistent as fuck

#ConteOut

13. Thanks (4): brakbrak, NimAraya, Sqnalkel, _OC_

Malta

We got way too many soft penalties and calls in the last two years man. I'm not saying we've turned into gobbolite, we still have claims against refs, but it's not like they've been against us. We got serious issues with refs in the first 10 games of the 2018-19 season. Scudetto altering kind of challenges. We did not even get bad treatment versus Juventus last season, something we have to go back to the late 80s to claim... That speaks volumes.

- - - Updated - - -

Your post on Spalletti was from the last week of August of 2018, after two league games were played and once we reached the Champions League for the first time in sever years, a day before the CL draw actually.

Your post on Conte was 2 weeks before freaking pre-season, right after finishing 2nd the season prior and finishing finalists in a European final....

Sure, you're consistent as fuck
    It is loser mentality to say that. Spalletti or Conte, except with Conte I knew we'd be in the race so I don't care.

Greece

It is loser mentality to say that. Spalletti or Conte, except with Conte I knew we'd be in the race so I don't care.
    Yes, you do not care. It shows how confident you are by saying that even finishing 4th in the CL group (for the first time ever), it's all good...

#ConteOut

Malta

Yes, you do not care. It shows how confident you are by saying that even finishing 4th in the CL group (for the first time ever), it's all good...
    We’ll see at the end of the season buddy

PNG

16 FIF Special Ones Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    On Spalletti, for the 2018-19 season:

Please find me your quote when the club, including Conte, announced that our target for this season is Top 4.

Oh wait, here it is:

Yeap, no bias towards Conte whatsoever
    Holy shit brehme you rekked this guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Fossati
    Every time an interesting player from another team expresses any interest in us, we start acting like beggars - ausilio certainly looks the part: unshaved, always looks like he hasn't slept in days, I wouldn't be surprised if he smells - and constantly try to get the deal done with lowball offers.

18. Thanks (2): Sqnalkel, _OC_

Malta

Quote Originally Posted by Nyall View Post
    Holy shit brehme you rekked this guy
    Such wreckage I don't know how I'm gonna recover from it

Fav. Player
    Bastoni

Holy See

Such wreckage I don't know how I'm gonna recover from it
    When you get to stream again soon, hopefully.

21. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Vieri, Baggio

Austria

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    I don't wanna defend Conte but that's a thing in the whole Serie A, especially in the last season when you compare the stats with the Bundesliga, Premier League or La Liga. It felt like Immobile and Ronaldo alone scored 50 penalties each. This season it's more even in the top leagues.

Fav. Player
    Cambiasso,Sneij

Italy

Another injury for him, looking like a waste of 25 million

Fav. Player
    Chino Recoba

Croatia

He did good today, not his fault that Craptaro and Alexis can't score 10000% chances.

25. Thanks (2): Bluenine, Pimpin

Fav. Player
    Gagliardinho

Indonesia

i wonder why Conte doing good subs in least improtant match like this, and troll subs against big teams
    Gagliardini best italian midfielders 2020/2021