View Poll Results: Will Conte win a Scudetto with Inter?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

65 61.32%
  • No

41 38.68%
Page 191 of 233 FirstFirst ... 91141181188189190191192193194201 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,820 of 4647

Thread: Antonio Conte

Fav. Player
    ur mom
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    Conte isn't on the same level as Allegri and nowhere near Simeone...

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

Italy

I don't know about simeone, bit Conte has won titles with worse teams than allegri's.
    "As usual in Italy some decisions are made without sense and logic. The dark side of the football that we tried to clean up returns to light".

Fabio Liverani, Lecce coach.

My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

3. Thanks (3): Glass box, MVD, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Kazakhstan

Quote Originally Posted by JJM View Post
    what makes them greater than Conte? CL final? well, I am sure had Conte stayed at one of previous clubs for longer period he would have done it too.

5. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    ur mom
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    Except he lost his shit everywhere and left all his ex clubs in bad blood. I'm pretty sure it will happen here too, more a question of time... Also the question what he gonna achieve in between, hope at least a Scudo, but that depends what the club wants to do... Give him just Tonali and similar players, they are great for the future but won't win something now... Unless the club gives him winners like Kante and the like.

7. Thanks (1): MVD

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Except he lost his shit everywhere and left all his ex clubs in bad blood. I'm pretty sure it will happen here too, more a question of time... Also the question what he gonna achieve in between, hope at least a Scudo, but that depends what the club wants to do... Give him just Tonali and similar players, they are great for the future but won't win something now... Unless the club gives him winners like Kante and the like.
    They've given him half his PL Fantasy team from 2018 already...

Fav. Player
    4-12-22-23
    Old name
    Josi

United States

10 years of FIF Forum Supporter
    I dont know about Allegri, but Simeone is definitely better then Conte. imo

Fav. Player

Albania

Forum Supporter
    I don't really get why people are still discussing Conte. He will be here for one more year at best and even less if he fails to deliver results.

11. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Kazakhstan

On paper both look better than Conte due to CL results, but as I said he could have done it too. Anyway, Simeone is earning what? 30 mln? So no way...
    Jose is making 16.5 mln at Tottenham, don't see him accepting 9 mln contract from us.
    Conte was the best option quality-price wise.

13. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Palacio View Post
    I don't really get why people are still discussing Conte. He will be here for one more year at best and even less if he fails to deliver results.
    I also don't really understand why people are discussing Conte in Antonio Conte thread.

Fav. Player

Albania

Forum Supporter
    Lol. I meant he is already here. And he won’t be fired tomorrow. So we have to live with it for one more year or two.

16. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

What is it with Italians and being overrated on this forum? Allegri, Candreva, D'Ambrosio and so on. Fuck me sideways you guys are so blind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    Just start Eriksen you fat vag
    6 Italian sides in Europe. 1 win, 2 draw, 3 losses

18. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Adriano

Belgium

Quote Originally Posted by Candreva Crosses View Post
    What is it with Italians and being overrated on this forum? Allegri, Candreva, D'Ambrosio and so on. Fuck me sideways you guys are so blind.
    DD is not overrated though. He's rated just fine. We know what he can and that he always gives 110%. He's the perfect benchplayer
    Forza Internazionale Milano
    Buffalo KAA Gent - Belgian Champions 2014-2015

Fav. Player
    Lukaku

Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by Candreva Crosses View Post
    says the guy with Insigne and Sarri as fave players

Fav. Player
    MILAN SKRINIAR

Netherlands

Leave Candreva alone!

Fav. Player
    JZ4

Quote Originally Posted by forzainter257 View Post
    what makes them greater than Conte? CL final? well, I am sure had Conte stayed at one of previous clubs for longer period he would have done it too.
    Several reasons. Atletico were a meme-club before Simeone now they have a respectable trophy haul during the dominance of Barca/Madrid (Messi/Ronaldo), they're ever-present in the CL and among the top clubs in europe with a strong core of young world class players who are 200% dedicated to Simeone (Koke, Oblak, Saul, Giminez, etc.). Not to mention the sustainable revenue streams that has almost wiped out their debts and helped pay for a new stadium. Simeone is the sole reason for all this. There's even talk of erecting a statue in his honor in recognition of his achievements.
    "Last person I called "Darling" was pregnant 20 seconds later!" Lord Flashheart.

23. Thanks (1): _OC_

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

Quote Originally Posted by I'mNewHere View Post
    says the guy with Insigne and Sarri as fave players
    Instead of asking why I have them as fav players you decided to shove shit inside your mouth.

But hey, you're new here. Maybe eating shit is your thing.
    Just start Eriksen you fat vag
    6 Italian sides in Europe. 1 win, 2 draw, 3 losses

25. Thanks (1): MVD

Canada

Quote Originally Posted by rfU View Post
    Several reasons. Atletico were a meme-club before Simeone now they have a respectable trophy haul during the dominance of Barca/Madrid (Messi/Ronaldo), they're ever-present in the CL and among the top clubs in europe with a strong core of young world class players who are 200% dedicated to Simeone (Koke, Oblak, Saul, Giminez, etc.). Not to mention the sustainable revenue streams that has almost wiped out their debts and helped pay for a new stadium. Simeone is the sole reason for all this. There's even talk of erecting a statue in his honor in recognition of his achievements.
    There is no point in trying to convince the Conte Fanboys here.

Even Conte by his own standards will tell you that his Inter underachieved this year. See his comments 5 months ago where he touted his own horn compared to rival managers :

“At Chelsea, I won the premier league in the first year and FA Cup in the second. (…) Klopp hasn’t won anything in England after four years and Guardiola did not win anything in his first year”

Half way and no ends
    As was pointed out by several members here, Conte was not brought in to play beautiful football but to get the result. Again if you were to ask these Conte fanboys to name you one game where Inter played great and got the result when needed; they will be unable able to name a single full match but instead refer to the First-Half performances of Barca-Inter, Dortmond - Inter. But we all know how those games ended

These performances are a testament of what Conte’s Inter is at the moment; a team that lacks balance.

Conte will tell you that this lack of balance in the squad is due to lack of experience, which he said post match Dortmond:

“ who do we turn to? Nicolo Barella, who has come from Cagliari? Or Sensi, who came from Sassuolo.

But what he should be also highlighting is that this lack of balance is mainly due to him playing half the players he fields out of position or positions they are uncomfortable in.

Conte's inflexibility
    Members here will tell you well the management should have backed him and delivered the players he needs to make his system work, which is what Conte has said a number of times and non the more straightforward than after the Dortmond game where he said the management should have planned better.

Football Patrons are gone
    Managers are here for the short term and the era of Roman Abromovic and Moratti are long gone. Even Zidane couldnt get Florentina Perez to buy Pogba in the summer. This is the same Perez who built the galacticos.

All this goes to show that there has been a shift of power from the manager to the club. This means that Conte and other managers need to gain results immediately and make due with what they have. In order to perform immediately a fortuitous manager will employ the best players he has in a way that brings harmony and balance to the team. This is what makes a great manager- the ability to make things work in circumstances against his preferences or ideals.

Ancelotti and Mourinho working with non-preferred systems
    Anyone listen to Ancelotti during the COVID break where he was interviewed by Jamie Charagher and how he was a 4-4-2 manager a la Sacchi. But when he joined Juve he had to play a formation he wasn’t comfortable with in order to incorporate Zidane. Ancelotti than went on to manage Milan and we all remember his Milan’s 4-3-1-2 with kaka.

Mourinho's Inter
    As also mentioned by members above, Mourinho in his 2 year tenure at Inter also changed formations and personnel because despite his propensity to play a particular way 4-3-3 from his chelsea days, he understood that he needed to adapt to the players he had and the league in order to deliver -not the other way around.

Conte inflexibility
    Conte at the moment is showing an inflexibility to adapt to what he has or what works on a game by game basis. As long as he continues to do that he won’t become a great manager regardless of his man management skills.

He is choosing to play in a particular way despite not getting the results he needs, which is not why he was brought in. He was brought in to deliver.

Members here have advocated that he be afforded more time , which he will get. But the reality is that there are no signs of things changing.

Fav. Player

Belgium

^Good post Jusef

Fav. Player
    DDA, Bastoni

United States

Got it right with subs mostly again today. Maybe he's starting to figure this team out.

Fav. Player
    ur mom
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

Quote Originally Posted by Ethor View Post
    Got it right with subs mostly again today. Maybe he's starting to figure this team out.
    About fucking time

30. Thanks (2): Ethor, MVD