View Poll Results: Will Conte win a Scudetto with Inter?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

65 61.32%
  • No

41 38.68%
Page 75 of 95 FirstFirst ... 25657273747576777885 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 1889

Thread: Antonio Conte

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by n4l View Post
    Outside of the first 30min, we pretty much got steamrolled and looked very poor.
    Let's ignore the first 5-10 minutes as well
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

Fav. Player
    Adriano

Indonesia

is there any chance that this conte guy would switch to 4-man defense ?

as a reference several top clubs with the same coach switched from back 3 to back 4 (pochettino 16/17, luis enrique 16/17, unai emery, thomas tuchel)

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Bosnia Herzegovina

38 Forum Supporter
    I don't understand this hoping for a back 4. For the first time in years we have a clear game plan with visible conscious and thought out movement and actions from the players on the pitch, yet we lost to two teams that were expected to beat us and everyone is "change the frickin' formation" again.

As someone here has in their signature, Pioli very simply explained earlier - it's not the formation but tactics that count. And so far tactics worked well.

I am not a fan of back 3, but it's working so far, so why change now? Also, I think Pochettino played back 3 for many matches last season, but not sure.

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by nurko View Post
    As someone here has in their signature, Pioli very simply explained earlier - it's not the formation but tactics that count. And so far tactics worked well.
    So much this. The formation written is almost irrelevant. It's the game plan, tactic and roles of the players. Those are important.

Fav. Player
    Marotta
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    If tactics is all that is important, and formation being so inconsequential, then why the stubbornness in sticking with back 3 in all circumstances?
    Dr. Marotta

6. Thanks (2): n4l, Ziyad

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Bosnia Herzegovina

38 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
    If tactics is all that is important, and formation being so inconsequential, then why the stubbornness in sticking with back 3 in all circumstances?
    Because it allows him to deploy his tactics easier than with, for example, 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-2 or some other formation.

Fav. Player
    Squad Depth

Canada

We're better with our first 11, but Gagliardini and Vecino cannot do what the system asks if we're missing one of our main 3. Gags is alright more suitable than Vecino, but that's like choosing drowning over burning.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    "Madonna... un macello qua"

9. Thanks (1): phonk

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Maybe Conte wants to have 3 CBs on the pitch?

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Lui View Post
    We're better with our first 11, but Gagliardini and Vecino cannot do what the system asks if we're missing one of our main 3. Gags is alright more suitable than Vecino, but that's like choosing drowning over burning.

Meh in 90% of serie a games we should be fine with 2 out of the 3 no team in Italy is gonna press us like jube did which imho was the main reason our mid was non existent once sensi went off.

Dont get me wrong we need better backups but lets not overreact.
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

Fav. Player
    Sensi

Albania

Forum Supporter
    We need a better striker than Lukaku and two more young midfielders.

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Adriano@10 View Post
    Meh in 90% of serie a games we should be fine with 2 out of the 3 no team in Italy is gonna press us like jube did which imho was the main reason our mid was non existent once sensi went off.

i think you're gonna be in for a shock if you think we won't be pressed. Watch udinese game before depaul sent off. We got bullied off the ball in mid and did not have great control. Lazio didn't press us that much but overran us right in front of our defense, forcing our midfield to run around like headless chickens.

Off the top of my head, i can see many teams giving us trouble coming up if we don't have a plan B.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnr View Post
    I swear to god Inters squad goes from Nikolai Tesla and Einstein ( Skrino&DeVrij) to Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey the more you go up higher.

14. Thanks (2): CafeCordoba, Javier'sSon

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by n4l View Post
    i think you're gonna be in for a shock if you think we won't be pressed. Watch udinese game before depaul sent off. We got bullied off the ball in mid and did not have great control. Lazio didn't press us that much but overran us right in front of our defense, forcing our midfield to run around like headless chickens.

Off the top of my head, i can see many teams giving us trouble coming up if we don't have a plan B.
    Wait wait i m not saying they wont press us at all but even under their pressure we should be able to cope and get out of our own defence even if only ywo of the three are on the field. But no team in serie a will press us like jube did where for an entire half we barely get the ball over the middle line.

Again imho two out of the three are good enough to get us a win against any team in serie a except for jube and napoli.
    Situation is not ideal but i m way ore concerned with our wb situation as there we have not a single one who should be a starter.
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

United States

in the Serie A realistically we should beat most teams regardless of whether we adopt the 3- or the 4-man defense. And just as realistically we would lose to rubentus and (probably) napoli with either formation.

Maybe when playing in Europe the 352 is not the best choice against an equally talented team that plays (say) the 4231. But I suspect that the group we are in would see us eliminated anyway - replace rubentus with barca and napoli with dortmund in the previous sentence and you get the same outcome.

Bottom line - so far the 352 is working reasonably well, at least given the system's intrinsic limitations.

17. Thanks (1): CafeCordoba

Fav. Player
    Diego Milito

Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Adriano@10 View Post

Well, we couldn't overcome Sparta prague press either though, but fuck knows what was wrong that game

19. Thanks (1): MVD

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Harpsabu View Post
    Well, we couldn't overcome Sparta prague press either though, but fuck knows what was wrong that game
    We haven't played against them since 2016, so who can even remember?
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

21. Thanks (3): Harpsabu, MVD, phonk

Fav. Player
    Diego Milito

Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    We haven't played against them since 2016, so who can even remember?
    Haha I was actually thinking"Sparta Prague, pretty weird name for a team from the Czech Republic "

23. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Marotta
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by nurko View Post
    Because it allows him to deploy his tactics easier than with, for example, 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-2 or some other formation.
    So it’s not irrelevant then, if it’s the backbone of a tactics.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    Maybe Conte wants to have 3 CBs on the pitch?
    Which doesn’t make sense if it’s purely numerical superiority vs number of strikers on the pitch.
    Dr. Marotta

Fav. Player
    Adriano

Indonesia

Most winners in 18/19 season deployed 4-3-3: Liverpool (UCL), Man City (BPL), Chelsea (Europa League), Barcelona (La Liga), Bayern and Rube..

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Which doesn’t make sense if it’s purely numerical superiority vs number of strikers on the pitch.
    But maybe it isn't purely that.

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Lui View Post

Gags played against Samp pretty well and scored an important goal, I think is a good rotation, Vecino is rubbish and Valero basically out of the squad so let's start from there

- - - Updated - - -

So it’s not irrelevant then, if it’s the backbone of a tactics.

- - - Updated - - -

True. I thought it would be a better system as well but actually I don't mind our 3-5-2. The thing I like the most is to finally have two strikers, I really like that. Too bad that one of them is Lukaku...