View Poll Results: Will Conte win a Scudetto with Inter?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

65 61.32%
  • No

41 38.68%
Page 161 of 237 FirstFirst ... 61111151158159160161162163164171211 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,220 of 4722

Thread: Antonio Conte

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNetworkZ View Post
    Those comments left me a little nervous. It'd be horrible if he left at the end of the season and we had to start all over AGAIN.
    It would actually be for the best. Band aid solution rather than fall in a disaster next season with potentially no CL qualification.

The only thing that would save the future is Suning spending 200m more and most of our division rivals choking once again.
    <<Gli scudetti giusto vincerli sul campo>> Antonio Conte on Calciopoli

Fav. Player
    Ruben Sosa

Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by n4l View Post
    Talking to a friend today, he convinced me we are definitely not running the same system anymore. If anything, we need to return to the system during the first half of the season.

For example, when in attack, our 2 CMs used to go ultra fucking wide, so that we created a ridiculous overload (CM, WB, and wide-CB). This forced the opponent to send their CMs wide, which in turn left acres of space in the middle for entry passes to lukaku and lm10 to combine. We literally have stopped doing that. LITERALLY.
    Yes, that's why the Eriksen signing made no sense to me. But, you know, wow Eriksen!

3. Thanks (1): Harpsabu

Netherlands

I'm ready to move on. Find a manager who will play a back four, shift Bastoni over to LB (where he played and excelled with Parma) while returning Skriniar to his natural position. Sign a few CMs to beef the team up, and either adopt a 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-1-2. We have a world class CB and CAM who we are completely wasting because our manager is too stubborn to adapt to the talent around him. We're playing a quality of football comparable to that of Spalletti. What's the point anymore?

Please, I'm begging someone to tell me that

Hakimi - Skriniar - de Vrij - Bastoni
    Barella - Brozovic - Tonali
    Eriksen
    Lukaku - Martinez

wouldn't work better than this goal conceding mess we're currently trotting out there.

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    Conte should start the back 4 now and then continue to work on it's mechanics during pre-season for 2020/2021. He's paid to manage the squad, not enforce 3-x-x.
    Quote Originally Posted by I4E View Post
    "Fatigue cost us full points. Fiorentina had 4 weeks more rest than us while we literally just got off the bus returning from Rome and didn't even have to bother changing out of our kits" - Antonio (coaching Inter for fun) Conte.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    Where is Diego Armando Eriksen?

Australia

10 years of FIF
    I reckon Conte is done. He does not want to change the way the team plays and the the team have well and truly stopped playing for him. We are heading towards the inevitable. And the manner in which he just walked off after the final whistle only adds to that feeling.

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Puma View Post
    I reckon Conte is done. He does not want to change the way the team plays and the the team have well and truly stopped playing for him. We are heading towards the inevitable. And the manner in which he just walked off after the final whistle only adds to that feeling.
    Meh. We did #interballs so the squad is compliant now.

Jokes aside, this is an overreaction. We're just going through a little negative period. We need to recover and not fold.
    Quote Originally Posted by I4E View Post
    "Fatigue cost us full points. Fiorentina had 4 weeks more rest than us while we literally just got off the bus returning from Rome and didn't even have to bother changing out of our kits" - Antonio (coaching Inter for fun) Conte.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    Where is Diego Armando Eriksen?

8. Thanks (2): Lionheart, TheNetworkZ

Fav. Player
    The Bro

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    It would actually be for the best. Band aid solution rather than fall in a disaster next season with potentially no CL qualification.

The only thing that would save the future is Suning spending 200m more and most of our division rivals choking once again.
    Probably, but who would we even replace him with? Who would want to come here? I guess Simeone would be a good candidate but I can't see that happening quite yet.
    "Moggi was just a grape in a vineyard of bullshit"

Colombia

Quote Originally Posted by n4l View Post
    Conte should start the back 4 now and then continue to work on it's mechanics during pre-season for 2020/2021. He's paid to manage the squad, not enforce 3-x-x.
    That won't happen. Conte is a stubborn man, as he showed in all the teams he coached.

Honestly, with him I've seen the best football this team has played since Mourinho, and I think there's a few reasons we're playing like shit atm.

1- Injuries and rotations: Conte's scheme is too rigid and pragmatic tactically speaking and his tactics rely a lot in practice and repetition. At the beginning of the season he showed what he's capable to achieve with a team he created, not inherited. Our squad depth is crap and you can't ask Gagliardini to do the same Sensi did, also, rotations are detrimental for the same reasons, it affects the chemistry between the players, affects players roles... One simply shouldn't fix what isn't broken. We barely rotated the team at the beginning of the season, 2-3 subs TOPS, now, it's mandatory to rotate as we play every 3 days.

2- Mental block: Is not a coincidence that this performance decline has been happening in the last 3-4 seasons, do we have the right players in that aspect?

3- Coach meltdown: this is possible too, Conte is a difficult character, maybe he lost the dressing room, which I doubt, but, regarding from the his statements after the match, I smell something is happening and affecting the performance.

As much as I hated his appointment and hate his stubbornness, I must admit that we played great football at some point.

Maybe we don't have the squad we think we have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    All Inter fans are balding, unemployable losers. Some have latent homosexual tendencies.

Colombia

Totally agree with you willy.

The thing that’s saving him so far for me is when this team has played well, it’s been amazing.
    Specially the Farca and Dortmund game but we just collapsed.

I don’t mind the formation. The problem lies with the super high intensity he wants to play.
    I have seen shit we haven’t seen in years. Better off the ball movement and passing. Plays are prepared and everyone knows their role but
    Execution is another thing.

I’m in favor of sticking out with him. Kick all the crap out and give him the tools that he needs.
    Unless there’s a catastrophe, we should stick it out.

12. Thanks (2): Big Willy, MVD

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Kazakhstan

Fucking barca always derail best players belonging to other teams with their constant statements in media sort of "X player is definitely a player we are looking for, Y player would be best playing along with Messi" leveraging their whole network from Messi's mom to club's physio. As a result we are now having totally lost Lautaro who was crucial for Conte's tactics in the first half of the season.

Then we bought Eriksen who was not needed by Conte and the latter has to pull something out of his ass to adapt his tactics around Eriksen because the dane is a big asset and shouldn't drop its value.

Players keep failing to score sitters, add injury blows all these factors are accumulating in the current situation.

Despite the latest poor run, I am still in full support of him and I'd rather he keeps being stubborn with 3-5-2 (Atalanta can, we can too) because this season is his draft, let him experiment, figure out all the pros and cons to perfect this formation. Next season with new players he find are best for his formation we will see much better result, I am sure.

14. Thanks (4): Eddie, GenDire, Lionheart, MVD

Indonesia

but deep down you fucken know that if you just give conte his request: vidal and dzeko (which was available for 20 millions each, and both have great season at respective club)
    we would still neck to neck to juve or maybe even on top, and still at CL
    instead we gave him lazzaro and biraghi

16. Thanks (2): GenDire, Lionheart

Australia

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Palatiga View Post
    but deep down you fucken know that if you just give conte his request: vidal and dzeko (which was available for 20 millions each, and both have great season at respective club)
    we would still neck to neck to juve or maybe even on top, and still at CL
    instead we gave him lazzaro and biraghi
    Do you honestly believe what you have written or are you trolling?

Acquiring Dzeko and Vidal would have done next to nothing to help are useless midfield and limited bench.

18. Thanks (1): SiamoNoi

Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by Puma View Post
    Do you honestly believe what you have written or are you trolling?

Acquiring Dzeko and Vidal would have done next to nothing to help are useless midfield and limited bench.
    How many goals we could prevent if we have the warrior vidal instead of gags/borja.
    How many more goals we can score with dzeko when lautaro/lukaku shit the bed like last night

Verona game, bologna, sass
    Thats 7 points, last month alone

We have zero depth and dropping points in stupid fashion (last minute goal, second half breakdown, mentally weak)
    And you think adding veterans like vidal and dzeko wouldnt help with that?

Fav. Player
    Sneijder

United States

I just hate seeing players playing out of position and being wasted like Eriksen and Skriniar.

If we actually do switch to a four at the back (which I am hoping for) I wonder if Hakimi will regret signing since apparently the main reason he joined was so he could play wingback.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Palatiga View Post
    How many goals we could prevent if we have the warrior vidal instead of gags/borja.
    How many more goals we can score with dzeko when lautaro/lukaku shit the bed like last night

Verona game, bologna, sass
    Thats 7 points, last month alone

We have zero depth and dropping points in stupid fashion (last minute goal, second half breakdown, mentally weak)
    And you think adding veterans like vidal and dzeko wouldnt help with that?
    We couldn't even win a game where we brought Lautaro and Eriksen on from the bench. I think the issue is more than depth.

Milan=cheaters
    Juventus=cheaters

LETS GO INTER

Indonesia

Its depth.. gags vecino valero is from inter banter era not contender calibre midfield

If we had barella we would’ve won both games (bologna and verona) no doubt about that

Juve isnt even that impressive this year, they just have super deep squad

And just like lazio, we suffer from lack of depth and get penalized when you need to play every 3 days because of the lockdown

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    It's the exact same midfield Spalletti had. This depth BS is quite boring when we can't beat even one of Verona, Bologna or Sassuolo. And even the results aren't the worst but the performances, how much we leak goals.

23. Thanks (3): n4l, SiamoNoi, Sqnalkel

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    My apologies if it has already been mentioned. It seems Conte left everything open for next season.

Conte: At the end of the season I'll make my considerations & the club will make theirs. I'll say what I have to say to the club, everyone wants to win but we need to understand how far away we are from winning. Maybe one person thinks one thing, & another things something else. I don't want to talk about next season, at the end of the season evaluations will be made. I'll make mine & inter will make theirs based on the work I did. Right now I'm concentrated on this season. What does Inter need to do better next season? I'm not answering that because I'll get massacred. Right when I say something, they say I'm critical, critical, critical. I'm not critical, I speak in a constructive way & my boys know that very well".
    #SAVESKRINIAR

25. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Bastoni

Holy See

Is that all he said? Nothing about the game and how we played/lined up or whatever?

And the part about the massacre if he answers, well if it's "the players are not good enough to win or suited for 352" then a massacre is indeed warranted.

27. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Javier'sSon View Post
    Is that all he said? Nothing about the game and how we played/lined up or whatever?

And the part about the massacre if he answers, well if it's "the players are not good enough to win or suited for 352" then a massacre is indeed warranted.
    I don't know. I didn't read his post-match interview. I saw this on IFTV twitter and decided to share it as it's the first time he puts doubts on his stay.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's the full interview:

https://sempreinter.com/2020/07/10/i...s-with-lukaku/
    #SAVESKRINIAR

29. Thanks (1): MVD

Australia

10 years of FIF
    Drago, I read the interview and from what I read, I do not feel he is questioning his future at the club. Perhaps I am naive but I felt he was simply saying that assessments will be made come the end of the season and rather than saying anything now, both he and the club will wait ands talk to each other once the season has ended.

31. Thanks (2): Il Drago, Lionheart