View Poll Results: Will Conte win a Scudetto with Inter?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

65 61.32%
  • No

41 38.68%
Page 136 of 140 FirstFirst ... 3686126133134135136137138139 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,720 of 2781

Thread: Antonio Conte

Fav. Player
    Squad Depth

Canada

We should give pioli another crack at it. He'll play whatever formation you want, or at the very least, the same as the team who recently beat him.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    "Madonna...é un macello qua"

2. Thanks (1): varmin

Bulgaria

Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lui View Post
    We should give pioli another crack at it. He'll play whatever formation you want, or at the very least, the same as the team who recently beat him.

Еmeri is available and he likes to rotate a lot. Results aside but FIF will be satisfied at some point.

4. Thanks (1): Lui

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Keep the 4-3-1-2. Thanks.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

Poland

3rd time in the row we are transforming to 4 in the back, so it's interesting that Conte is trying with alternative approach. Having Eriksen forces him to find the best solution which fits for Lautaro - Lukaku - Eriksen because they are the players with best quality in the team, so we have to leverage on them.

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

United States

86 FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF
    I am just laughing because brehme asked me to show how the goals were let in by individual mistakes and then proceeded to list out all of the individual mistakes that lead to the goal.
    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    This season is unfortunately a 5 season setback. We were 1.5 mercato away from becoming a top team, now won't really have expectations of winning an important trophy until 2025.

8. Thanks (1): Harpsabu

Fav. Player
    Squad Depth

Canada

Any coach with 2 formations would completely unify FIF

Last edited by Lui; 20 Feb 20 at 19:30.
    "Madonna...é un macello qua"

10. Thanks (4): diamen, MVD, Universe, varmin

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member

The Chosen One?
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

12. Thanks (2): Lui, MVD

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by vitomins View Post
    I am just laughing because brehme asked me to show how the goals were let in by individual mistakes and then proceeded to list out all of the individual mistakes that lead to the goal.
    It's not quite like that.

There are limits as to who gets blame for something. More often than not it's because the system in place is such that mistakes are more commonly present. You can say that player X let opponent A unmarked but in fact it's because in his role he has to cover a specfic space and he ended up being outnumbered since the system collapsed before he even became part of the focal point of the situation.

Milan's first goal for example was a tactical blunder in disguise. No mood for screenshots now but the line was crooked with Candreva and Godin being far deeper than De Vrij who was man marking Rebic when it's not his job really there and Skriniar wasn't following while Young was too close to Skriniar. The whole defensive line was broken and we weren't really under any big threat. The idea is that Skriniar should have gone closer to Rebic and cut him but he wasn't there. De Vrij actually knew that but he still did what his job requires. To stop the ball before it reaches the player and not mark the player. Let's say he failed, or at least miscalculated. And Rebic got to the ball. Had he stuck to him like a 4 man defender would have done, Rebic would never reach the ball unless he pulled an acrobatic. So is it really sensible to blame a player for not taking a header when he was probably also fouled during all that? It's not like players have to win 100% of their headers, some duels are won, some are lost.

The second was a brainfart from Skriniar in a set piece. Now in set pieces you either blame the whole process or the player. There's no middle ground. And I mean altogether. We had 5 players going for a header/clearance (to Milan's 3) and Skriniar saw the ball evading everyone and a miskick by Kessie ended up on a free Zlatan. Free because Skriniar left him unmarked. Harsh but true. But maybe harsher than deserved.
    Why? Well, we are the only team in the world I've seen that has no players covering the posts during a corner. I don't remember ever seeing that before. And we're the only team where the center backs are located at the near and far post respectively. Our freaking wing back is playing striker during opponent's corner kicks. And the other one is not trying to cover the short corner, but is instead trying to man mark someone. And here, Ashley Young, was the first to fail to clear the ball when it was reachable as Kessie got to it first and it came up to Zlatan. Was it Young's fault? I mean who the fuck decides that Ashley Young is in any position to win an aerial battle with Kessie? Lukaku should have been on someone during that corner but he's just like a Patriot Missile standing around in the box and if it's within his vicinity, he clears. He doesn't man mark and he's supposed to be some big body that can win air duels.

So can I really blame Skriniar there? No, I cannot. Just like I cannot put the blame on Padelli entirely. It's easy to do it. From Zlatan until Milan's goal, those two are the culprits. But watching our team defend a corner kick makes anyone who knows the very basics of this sport cringe. It's just so terrible that I cannot really wonder why our players feel so weird at times. We had issues last season conceding from corner kicks but now we have more bodies able to defend these. And our set up feels worse.

I don't want to also go over the Lazio goals or anything else. But maybe next time you can try adding some depth to your thought process instead of laughing. Because what makes me laugh is those premature comments.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

Fav. Player
    Schelotto

Brazil

3-4-3 and 3-4-1-2.
    Team #Dare2Mazzari #Messi4Inter #Messi4AsadoClan

15. Thanks (2): Lui, n4l

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    Like everyone else I'm pleasantly surprised at Conte experimenting with other systems, even for only the latter stages of games.

While it's grossly premature to expect him to drop the 352 any time soon, at the very least, it's encouraging evidence that he's trying to directly address a few strategic issues.

The first is our problem of repeatedly giving up a lead. As vito pointed out, we've gone from a winning position to drawing or losing games eight times this season. There's so many precious points wasted against weak opponents. Not only do we concede goals later, we have a lot of trouble re-taking the lead or at least getting back to a draw.

Hopefully one aspect of the formation experimenting is to directly counter this problem. If we run out of gas in the second halves of games, tweak the set up to make us more compact, deal with pressure, or negate certain spaces better etc.

I'm all for it because there's nothing worse than seeing us getting tactically outplayed while the coach makes no tactical changes and charges forward, head down, with the same ineffective strategy. Lord knows it's not productive to merely swap in fresh legs into a system when the system itself isn't working. Hopefully Conte knows as well by now.

Secondly, the question of Eriksen. I still think he can play in Sensi's position as a CM in a 352 given the right set up and partners, but the 4312 in particular is a very welcome experiment.

At times it can be too easy for opponents to zone out any avenue for predictable forward passes to the strikers. The 4312 gives us a focal point for our attack and a great technical player to connect the forwards to midfield. Eriksen has already come inches away from scoring 2 screamers and hopefully he'll add that extra dimension to our attack. Of our midfielders, only he and Brozovic to an extent are known for long range shooting (and Candreva...). It's not a reliable strategy of course but it's a useful weapon and one we've previously lacked.

We'd also benefit from having an extra man covering in midfield - both in possession and in defense. Our 2 man midfield was very exposed when we played 3412 against Udinese with Eriksen in front of just two 'holding' CM's. I think a midfield 'diamond' of Eriksen; Barella, Brozovic, Vecino is very, very strong given the right circumstances.

In our standard 352, the CM's have a tendency to drift out very wide at times anyway. In a 4312, Vecino in particular is best suited to this role as he has the pace to work out wide and attack the right channels. Barella too seems comfortable playing around the left flank. Both these guys have done a good job of helping circulate the ball from wider areas and bringing the wide CB and the WB into play when necessary.

The major weakness of our 4312 is obviously our fullbacks. Perhaps with Skriniar or Bastoni in the team we can play some kind of lopsided 3 or 4 man defence but let's see how this unfolds. I'm just happy that our ultra-stubborn coach is showing small signs of adaptation.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

17. Thanks (2): MVD, rockball

Fav. Player
    Nicolooo

Falkland Islands

0 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    As I mentioned in the match thread, the 4312 is a refreshing change. I personally have always been a fan of this formation, as long as we have the right players for it. And I think at the moment we are not far from it.

The two things we lack for a good 4312 is a solid DM, and great fullbacks. I think Young and Asamoah are the ideal ones from our squad for this, but then Asamoah has gone AWOL. DM is the other challenge here, and Brozo will have to adapt even more for this.

The other option for a diamond midfield is to move Sensi (whenever he is fit) to a deep playmaker position, and Brozo-Barella as the CMs with Eriksen ahead. But still, the bigger concern is having the right fullbacks.
    IO SONO INTERISTA

19. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Black & Blue

Poland

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by rockball View Post
    The two things we lack for a good 4312 is a solid DM, and great fullbacks. I think Young and Asamoah are the ideal ones from our squad for this, but then Asamoah has gone AWOL. DM is the other challenge here, and Brozo will have to adapt even more for this.
    We don't play with a DM. Barca played with a diamond, or undet Jose we played with a diamond with proper DM there (Cambiasso).

Since we moved Brozo to the middle we play rather the same way milan played under Ancelotti, with Pirlo in the middle (same thing Brozo is doing) and 2 very mobile, deffensively aware but with high energy and intensity (gattuso and ambrosini). For us those would be Barella, Vecino, Gagliardini and maybe Sensi against weaker opposition or if we have more attacking minded game in mind. Kaka there is our Erikssen now.

4312 seems best suited since Erikssen arrived, I hope Conte was not just dealt with those cards unaware. We cannot play 352 with Erikssen in the middle. Sensi, being Italian, although with high inclination to offensive games, has high tactical awarness for his type of playing and highet workrate than Erikssen. Keep in mind he was playing as CM and sometimes as deep lying playmaker so he knows the mechanics of what to do in deffensive stage. Erikssen does not which I think is obvious now after few games.

And as for 3412, we cannot play that, as Conte pushes those wingbacks so behind during deffensive stage, we're practically playing 5 in defense. Since Erikssen as I pointed out above does not have high deffensive inclinations, we have 2 midfielders to cover a lot of ground during deffensive stage, too much.

I think it was no big suprise Erikssen looked best thus far when we switched to 4312 with him in the hole. At least with that we have those players in their natural position where they play best:
    Lukaku, Martinez, Brozovic, Barella, Skriniar, Biraghi (he is just not good offensively for wingback, but with side back it's more important to know deffensive game better and he is that).

On the flip side... De Vrij is not as good as one of 2 center defenders as he is in the middle of 3 and also Moses, Candreva.

If we do switch though, Skriniar and Erikssen should boss around which would be very good to see.
    Quote of the week:
    "Farewell - Let the Good Times Roll"
    --------------------------------------------------------
    F.C. INTERNAZIONALE, DEPECHE MODE, UNIA TARNOW - Nothing more...

21. Thanks (3): CafeCordoba, MVD, surripere

Fav. Player
    Stefan de Vrij
    Old name
    Toninu

Brazil

71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    We won most of our Scudetti with a 4-3-1-2, Mourinho only used the 4-2-3-1 for half a season and almost lost the Scudetto, he won it with 82 points something which is impossible in recent years.
    JUVELITE ERA !!!

#RIPRENDIRAFINHA #CRESPOINLGI

GRAZIE LUCIANO!

WELCOME TO THE JUVELITE ERA

23. Thanks (2): MVD, thatdude

Macedonia

We are going nowhere with him. I'd be happy if we end 4th. I am now even in doubt if we can do something of worth in EL too. Also the Coppa.

Venezuela

Pathetic bitch, and the worst is that with our retarded management we'll probably have to suffer him for another season.
    "Si chiamerà Internazionale, perchè noi siamo fratelli del mondo"

"It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world"

26. Thanks (1): Glass box

Fav. Player
    Schelotto

Brazil

I've always maintained that once you make it to a top level, afterwards the biggest determinant of success was effort. Effort in playing, and effort in training. CR7 is not the most naturally talented player in the world, but his work ethic is second to none.

Conte's #1 quality was instilling hard work and ethic into his squads, but you can't outrun your way to titles unless you completely outclass the opponents in terms of individual quality. His terrible player selection, favouritism and lack of flexibility will never work for a team that's not stacked compared to the opposition. I would say that was Mou's #1 quality as well that he slowly lost over the last 5 or 6 years, but Mou was very flexible. He could make the best out of a situation with what he had.
    Team #Dare2Mazzari #Messi4Inter #Messi4AsadoClan

28. Thanks (1): Palacio

Fav. Player
    Diego Milito

Ireland

We have failed all our big tests, champions league, league and coppa italia. All the big games we have failed.

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    I never thought we would achieve anything significant with him in Europe but at least I hoped we would be competitive in the league. He can't even achieve that. Finishing behind Lazio is a fucking embarrassment.
    Antonio Conte: "During the season, I advise my players to have sex for short periods and with the minimum of effort, and better use positions where they are under their partners. And preferably, with their wives, because if with others, well, that needs extra action".

31. Thanks (4): Glass box, Kev9Inter, MVD, Sqnalkel

Kazakhstan

Best Forum Newcomer
    Hi Cunte. You are a true Juventino legend. Kudos to you.
    “Is shitting on any moment of decency part of your job description?”

At Inter. With Inter.
    To Europa League.

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Bosnia Herzegovina

38 Forum Supporter
    Really weird subs today.

34. Thanks (2): MVD, Palacio