View Poll Results: Will Conte win a Scudetto with Inter?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

65 61.32%
  • No

41 38.68%
Page 117 of 132 FirstFirst ... 1767107114115116117118119120127 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,340 of 2638

Thread: Antonio Conte

Fav. Player
    Il Fenomeno

Italy

In my oppinion Lecce played a good game but Inter was sleeping after the goal from Bastoni. Too much times they were running with the ball and no one made something to stop them. Simliar like against Fiorentina when Vhalovic scored in the last minutes. In some moments we really are hoping to concede a goal by doing nothing and watch the opponent playing... fuck this shit really.
    Nel bene e nel male, forza Internazionale!!

#IcardiOut

United States

We have statistically one of the best defenses in the league (might actually be the best). But we are not good at defending when we really need to. That’s the difference between Juve and us. We defend just fine when we are a few goals up and there is no pressure but add a little pressure to the situation and we are bound to concede.

I still think a lot of this has to do with our midfield. Sensi - Brozo - Barella. Who is supposed to consistently win the ball back there? Who is supposed to be a physical presence? When all 3 are fresh and we are dominating possession it’s one thing but as soon as the game turns or the players tire we lose control for long periods. I know no one wants to hear it but this team needs a Vidal much more then an Eriksen.

Colombia

Quote Originally Posted by Lui View Post
    It's a reason, not an excuse. Its been a thing since the inception of football and the distribution of points. There is no strategy vs a parked bus. If you know of one, please tell me.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    You might want to take a look at the peak Barcelona where they made their way to the area passing around and creating spaces. Before you say we don't have Messi or those players, yes I know, but there are plans against defensive formations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    All Inter fans are balding, unemployable losers. Some have latent homosexual tendencies.

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by thatdude View Post
    We have statistically one of the best defenses in the league (might actually be the best). But we are not good at defending when we really need to. That’s the difference between Juve and us. We defend just fine when we are a few goals up and there is no pressure but add a little pressure to the situation and we are bound to concede.

I still think a lot of this has to do with our midfield. Sensi - Brozo - Barella. Who is supposed to consistently win the ball back there? Who is supposed to be a physical presence? When all 3 are fresh and we are dominating possession it’s one thing but as soon as the game turns or the players tire we lose control for long periods. I know no one wants to hear it but this team needs a Vidal much more then an Eriksen.
    Yeah, very well said. Our system produces good ball possession against minnows. It also produces a lot of easy giveaways because our players just play that way. Those lead to counters and they are most of the time dangerous because we are unable to break them early. Then are also these situations like the goal today, we play a bit lackadaisical in our defensive end, too much ball watching and not enough pure, real defending. This is 100% on Conte. We need to be decisive in what we do and more times than not, when we concede we haven't been that.

5. Thanks (2): thatdude, Universe

Vietnam

Quote Originally Posted by Big Willy View Post
    You might want to take a look at the peak Barcelona where they made their way to the area passing around and creating spaces. Before you say we don't have Messi or those players, yes I know, but there are plans against defensive formations.
    Atalanta gives you a closer example...they cut through defence like hot knife over butter with more or less the same formation with lesser players.

7. Thanks (1): rfU

Fav. Player
    Sensi

Albania

Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ElDuccio View Post
    In my oppinion Lecce played a good game but Inter was sleeping after the goal from Bastoni. Too much times they were running with the ball and no one made something to stop them. Simliar like against Fiorentina when Vhalovic scored in the last minutes. In some moments we really are hoping to concede a goal by doing nothing and watch the opponent playing... fuck this shit really.
    I am just surprized he wasn’t the usual Conte who would be screaming at the players throughout tge match. It seems like he wanted to drop 2 points to send a message which could have said, if he had any courage left, to zhang directly.

9. Thanks (1): MVD

Serbia

Antonio Conte warned Inter’s 1-1 draw with Lecce is proof that they depend on intensity. “If we go into cruise speed, we can’t bring home the points.”

The Nerazzurri were held to their second consecutive Serie A stalemate, after another 1-1 with Atalanta, and risk falling off the Scudetto pace.

“We are a team who have to go at 100km/h. If someone is below par, or off the pace, we cannot afford that and will end up drawing a game we comfortably should’ve brought home,” Conte told Sky Sport Italia.

“If we hold an average pace, we cannot get victories. We had to go at full pelt throughout the first half of the season. Once we don’t do that, we become a perfectly normal team.

“We did well at the start of the season to keep the revs up constantly, and I underlined that many times. If we go into cruise speed, we don’t have what it takes to bring home the points.”

Fabio Liverani moved Lecce to a 3-4-1-2 formation in order to mirror Inter’s system.

“Lecce sat very deep, tried to cover the spaces and it becomes difficult to break through a team that is so very deep. When we did manage to get through, we were not precise enough in front of goal.

“It’s not easy when there are two apparently similar tactical systems facing off. The problem was not Jacopo Petriccione’s position in covering the defence, but rather than we weren’t determined enough when we did create chances.”

Conte was asked about the on-going reports Christian Eriksen will come to Inter from Tottenham Hotspur.

“I never said anything unusual about the January transfer marking making it difficult for all coaches. Every time I say something, it always gets amplified or twisted by the media.

I repeat, I am happy with these players. The club is making its evaluations, we must try to keep working if we want to maintain a solid points average.

“The club has to decide if it wants to do something, if it wants to do it at a good price for the market or take a different approach. I am just a coach, I leave that to them.”

11. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Squad Depth

Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Big Willy View Post
    Peak Barcelona ok. What about the other 20 major teams that experience draws against small teams? When you have possession in and around the area for extended periods of time, attackers run out of space and the hope is that the defense slips.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    "Madonna...é un macello qua"

13. Thanks (1): CafeCordoba

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    I say this time and time again because it happens literally every fucking match: In the 2nd half we get tired, and these massive fucking 20m gaps start appearing between our lines. The forwards start peeling away from the team and get isolated miles away from the midfield who are themselves caught in no man's land, miles away from the defence. As a result, we can't attack cohesively or move the ball as a unit and we end up flushing possession down the toilet by spamming terrible long balls from the back. We give the ball away incessantly and invite pressure on ourselves. And we've proven, time and time again, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that we can't handle pressure.

Conte wants all 10 outfield players to be running at full speed for all 90 minutes of a match. He doesn't seem to realise that is phyiscally fucking impossible. Worse yet, he has zero contingency plan or system in place to manage the eventual and inevitable drop in energy. Nor does he have any Plan B when our attack isn't working. As others have pointed out, he just wants to replace a player like-for-like with fresh legs. That's simply not fucking good enough. We're just going to continue to bleed late goals and throw away leads if he doesn't come up with SOME way to mitigate our 2nd half fatigue. Either that or he gets Pintus to juice the fuck out of the players with EPO, like juve did to him when he was a player.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Conte said it well. We need to have pace in our game. Obviously we didn't have today, not even in counter attack situationa which was very disappointing. Conte has to take a blame a bit, he didn't prepare the squad well enough, they didn't seem to have any models to break through from their defensive setup.

16. Thanks (1): Universe

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Italy

Either that or he gets Pintus to juice the fuck out of the players with EPO, like juve did to him when he was a player.
    Dr. Agricola has recently left the J Medical team. Maybe Marotta should put in a call.
    Inter Banter Era; 2011-2018 Mudingayi, Schelotto, Rocchi Gone but not forgotten

18. Thanks (3): MVD, Universe, Wobblz

Fav. Player
    JZ4

Quote Originally Posted by Lui View Post
    Peak Barcelona ok. What about the other 20 major teams that experience draws against small teams? When you have possession in and around the area for extended periods of time, attackers run out of space and the hope is that the defense slips.
    Lazio and Atalanta are quite effective at breaking down compact defenses. Empoli last season in our final game. They used quick one-two combinations/exchanges into the final 3rd, create 1v1 situations, beat your man, draw out a covering defender and suddenly gaps appear and the defense panics, making mistakes. Key is having inventive players who can operate quickly in tight spaces like Gomez or Illicic for example.

Hard to do especially if you don't convert your chances but better than simply launching it into the box, shooting from distance or just hoping for a lucky bounce.

In Germany Pep used to use draw defenses to one side of the pitch then do a cross field pass to the opposite winger who has ample space to run into. It was devastating when you have the likes of Ribery and Robben playing on either wing.
    "Last person I called "Darling" was pregnant 20 seconds later!" Lord Flashheart.

20. Thanks (1): Universe

Fav. Player
    Il Fenomeno

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by thatdude View Post

I agree about what youre saying but you make it sound like we don't need Eriksen. Yes, we need Vidal. For me it's clear: We need both. Vidal for our defensive problem, Eriksen for the quality of the team. He is not someone we could call "a player with the winner mentality", because he never won something. But he is basically playing on another level if we compare him to the quality and specialy experience from other players.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Palacio View Post
    I am just surprized he wasn’t the usual Conte who would be screaming at the players throughout tge match. It seems like he wanted to drop 2 points to send a message which could have said, if he had any courage left, to zhang directly.
    Im not sure if that's true, if Conte really was not shouting like youre saying. He anyway was very angry about Lukaku. He said to him "if you don't stop to hidding/hide, i will take you out"
    Nel bene e nel male, forza Internazionale!!

#IcardiOut

22. Thanks (1): Palacio

Fav. Player
    Schelotto

Brazil

I say this time and time again because it happens literally every fucking match: In the 2nd half we get tired, and these massive fucking 20m gaps start appearing between our lines. The forwards start peeling away from the team and get isolated miles away from the midfield who are themselves caught in no man's land, miles away from the defence. As a result, we can't attack cohesively or move the ball as a unit and we end up flushing possession down the toilet by spamming terrible long balls from the back. We give the ball away incessantly and invite pressure on ourselves. And we've proven, time and time again, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that we can't handle pressure.

Conte wants all 10 outfield players to be running at full speed for all 90 minutes of a match. He doesn't seem to realise that is phyiscally fucking impossible. Worse yet, he has zero contingency plan or system in place to manage the eventual and inevitable drop in energy. Nor does he have any Plan B when our attack isn't working. As others have pointed out, he just wants to replace a player like-for-like with fresh legs. That's simply not fucking good enough. We're just going to continue to bleed late goals and throw away leads if he doesn't come up with SOME way to mitigate our 2nd half fatigue. Either that or he gets Pintus to juice the fuck out of the players with EPO, like juve did to him when he was a player.
    I mean that's Conte's entire "tactic". Just outrun the other team. We are #1 in the league for distance covered.
    Last edited by Fapuccino; 19 Jan 20 at 21:01.
    Team #Dare2Mazzari #Messi4Inter #Messi4AsadoClan

Old name
    raiden

Aaland

With due respect to sympathisers and for every excuse that can be made under the sun , for me personally it is unacceptable to exit in the UCL at the group stages to Barca B and that BVB defense IF we cannot even mount a serious title charge.Fail we may in the end but I cannot accept anything less.

25. Thanks (1): Linege

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Demenza Senile View Post
    With due respect to sympathisers and for every excuse that can be made under the sun , for me personally it is unacceptable to exit in the UCL at the group stages to Barca B and that BVB defense IF we cannot even mount a serious title charge.Fail we may in the end but I cannot accept anything less.
    Its being realistic. Having a title race is already pushing to over the top. We have at max 8-9 starting eleven players. Juventus has atleast 16 worthy starting eleven players.
    Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    It does. It has a lot of quality. I would say even Serie B has a lot of quality. Professional footballers really know how to play the game.
    6 Italian sides in Europe. 1 win, 2 draw, 3 losses

27. Thanks (2): forzainter257, MVD

Bulgaria

Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rfU View Post
    Lazio and Atalanta are quite effective at breaking down compact defenses. .
    Agree here but Lazio and Atalanta are building their teams for years.

29. Thanks (1): rfU

Fav. Player
    JZ4

Quote Originally Posted by Candreva Crosses View Post
    and that BVB defense

Quote Originally Posted by varmin View Post
    Agree here but Lazio and Atalanta are building their teams for years.
    True, they have more chemistry BUT we have "world class" players and coach. If we finish below either Atalanta or Lazio Cunte should refund his wages and the 20M for Lazaro and go.
    "Last person I called "Darling" was pregnant 20 seconds later!" Lord Flashheart.

31. Thanks (1): Geza

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    If anyone demands anything less than an important trophy this season they are deluded. And harmful. Mostly harmful.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    If anyone demands anything less than an important trophy this season they are deluded. And harmful. Mostly harmful.
    Important trophy in your books is Scudetto or EL?

I'm happy with no trophies if we take the 2nd spot comfortably in Serie A, get to semis in EL and most importantly our game has progressed to another level. So far we don't have enough evidence of that. We've had good results but the game isn't so convincing and is based on bounces time to time. If we finish 2nd not that far from Juve and without Lazio meltdown, it means we've had a pretty good season.

We can always make comparisons of resources (salaries paid) but for example Inzaghi has been at Lazio for over 3 years so that takes back a bit of our resource advantage. However we still should be able to beat them in a long championship.

34. Thanks (1): varmin