View Poll Results: Will Conte win a Scudetto with Inter?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

65 61.32%
  • No

41 38.68%
Page 408 of 413 FirstFirst ... 308358398405406407408409410411 ... LastLast
Results 8,141 to 8,160 of 8250

Thread: Antonio Conte

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

A win against Milan was expected... But what happened in CL won't and should not be forgotten. Also we are paying him so much that he needs to do better. I think it's a healthy dose of reality to think in this way.

In other news, this season we scored the most and conceded the third least. Kudos to Conte.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Canada

66 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    It can be hard to defend Conte after all heís said and done in his relatively short time as manager but he has made former outcasts of the squad into now vital players going forward. A good manager needs to be capable of turning a weakness into a strength and Perisic (often called Perishit) and Eriksen have been rejuvenated under Conte. Yeah Eriksen did get the short end of the stick for almost an entire calendar year under Conte but we all know the kind of person and manager Antonio Conte is. He wants his players to play a certain way for better or worse and maybe the Dane wasnít so eager at the beginning to change who he was as a player. But heís adapting and is now in the bossís favour. Same with Perisic.

3. Thanks (1): Raul Duke

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

Eriksen is kinda in the Sensi role now, a totally different player, but still it works.

Also integrating Skriniar back into the starting 11 and now he is a boss in most games. At the moment he brought the best out of this squad, kinda happened last season as well, the second half of the season we were bossing teams for the most part, the games against Napoli and Atalanta the two big moments.
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

5. Thanks (2): Raul Duke, thatdude

Fav. Player
    JZ AR Adri NB

UK

Rome was not built in a day ,
    While Conte still owns the dressing room he should stay considering he has put his Diva behaviour behind him for good.

The minute the dressing room is lost he should leave on his own term and not make us pay his reminder with his honour still intact.

However If we are bought out with new owners , than thats a different story all together

7. Thanks (3): MVD, Raul Duke, varmin

Fav. Player
    Darmian

Italy

94 10 years of FIF
    Conte even smiled — a rare sight even after the best Inter performances — as DAZN’s pundit Giampaolo Pazzini noted how he’d asked Lukaku to play less central than usual in order to take advantage of the space behind Milan’s left-back Theo Hernandez. His 51-year-old glacial, white-walker eyes lit up too as co-commentator Francesco Guidolin pointed out the straight-off the-training ground variations to Inter’s pressing strategies.

Fav. Player
    Milito

Australia

60 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    I was going to praise Lautaro in his own thread, but it’s obvious that it was Conte who had asked him to drop deeper. Milan’s midfield was being outrun for three quarters of the game as it was, Conte having Lautaro pile on further pressure completely hampered Milan.

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Estonia

40 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    Eriksen is kinda in the Sensi role now, a totally different player, but still it works.

Also integrating Skriniar back into the starting 11 and now he is a boss in most games. At the moment he brought the best out of this squad, kinda happened last season as well, the second half of the season we were bossing teams for the most part, the games against Napoli and Atalanta the two big moments.
    Mamma mio, if we could have Autumn Sensi in our team not this cripple that breaks into pieces with a slightest of wind. We could have so much more options in time of difficulty(in need of quality progressive passes ) in a midfield of brute strong heavylifters.

Bottom line. We need to send Sensi(and money) to Sassuolo for Locatelli.

11. Thanks (3): eduzee, MVD, Sqnalkel

Malta

A win against Milan was expected... But what happened in CL won't and should not be forgotten. Also we are paying him so much that he needs to do better. I think it's a healthy dose of reality to think in this way.

In other news, this season we scored the most and conceded the third least. Kudos to Conte.
    Before the season I would have bit your hand off nvm shook it for a CL Group Stage exist if it means it results in a Scudetto.

13. Thanks (3): Harpsabu, wera, _OC_

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

It might be that we learned something from both CL group exits - and winning a Scudetto would be nice. It's just that we clearly still have ugly blind spots we need to fix if we want to be a big team. Usually I'd be all hyped up but there have been many disappointments with Inter in the last 4 years. I hope we win the Scudetto, but I'm afraid that still won't make us good enough for CL and a consecutive Serie A win.

We are soooooo close to be a tour-de-force in the world of football.

But that's my typical pessimistic post. I'll gladly look back on this post later, but I really really hope we learned something about our CL exits because it's laughable how we flopped against the worst Real Madrid side I've seen in my lifetime.

15. Thanks (1): _OC_

United States

Are we really giving Conte credit for Skriniar? If things were going according to Contes plan he would have sold our best defender! He would have also been happy to see Eriksen gone for another runner! Scudetto is the goal, but one more year of Conte ball is criminal negligence.
    #Conteout

Greece

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    We are soooooo close to be a tour-de-force in the world of football.
    This is the issue right here.

We should have already been there given the amount invested since 2019.
    <<Gli scudetti Ť giusto vincerli sul campo>> Antonio Conte on Calciopoli

Peppino Prisco facci un gol

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    This is the issue right here.

We should have already been there given the amount invested since 2019.
    We all have our own opinions on that. Some clubs did worse with similar spendage, especially Barcelona. Suning got burned with Joao Mario and Barbosa, if that never happened we'd have 50 mil more to actually fix the holes.

So it's never that simple, I say we could be doing a lot worse, but because of all the mistakes, Covid19 and Chinese Laws, we are now sadly unable to make the next step.

19. Thanks (2): syrus, varmin

Fav. Player
    Diego Milito

Ireland

God, I can't believe how long it's been and the myths there are still present, especially neonblade.
    Conte did not want to sell skriniar! He's played every single game this season he has been available, I think he missed one when spurs were here. The club can't pay its fucking wages and haven't since August, it was the club looking to make a sale so we could pay our bills, nothing to do with conte!

Brehme on the investment amounts. Obvious gaps in the squad, making champions league again so increased budget, PLUS, we had to replace our three most productive players from the season before in nianggolan, icardi and perisic. Ofcourse we had to spend money, with those three players we finished 4th on the last 5 minutes of the season. Ofcourse we had to spend to improve especially without them!

To add to this. Under spalletti for two years we spent 211. 71 m.
    Under conte for two years we've spent 261.28

Thats increased champions league revenue and we've had to replace the likes of icardi, nianggolan, miranda as well as finally sign a decent fucking wing back.
    Equates to better finishes in the league compared to what we had. The spend claim is an obvious stick to beat conte with but looking at the context around is greatly exaggerated (the investment, as expected anyway with a new manager but considering the players we had to replaced and the obvious gaps in the squad).
    Last edited by Harpsabu; 23 Feb 21 at 22:25. Reason: Figures

21. Thanks (6): Bluenine, kurt0411, MVD, syrus, varmin, wera

Fav. Player
    Doina Turcanu

Virgin Islands

69 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnr View Post
    I'll underline this.
    FC INTERNAZIONALE
    BHENCHODS OF THE WORLD

Fav. Player
    Godcini

United States

I don’t think it’s mentioned enough that it took almost two full months for our squad, back line in particular, to not be decimated by covid. While yes it’s conte’s fault for bringing him here, Kolarov alone costed us a good handful of points with just how awful he was. Obviously many teams were impacted, but we got hit hard. With a bit more luck I don’t think it’s a stretch to think we might have qualified in CL and been 6+ points higher in the table than we are now. If he returns next year I’d fully expect us to qualify and win the league. We’re still on a very good trajectory and I’d welcome Conte back next year.

Fav. Player
    Barella Lukaku

Ireland

10 years of FIF Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnr View Post
    Sorted
    Defying The Odds, Living The Dream
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...oal490ai_1.jpg
    Well, that's nice.

25. Thanks (2): Ed., wera

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Best Football Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by BasedGodPunk View Post
    I don’t think it’s mentioned enough that it took almost two full months for our squad, back line in particular, to not be decimated by covid. While yes it’s conte’s fault for bringing him here, Kolarov alone costed us a good handful of points with just how awful he was. Obviously many teams were impacted, but we got hit hard. With a bit more luck I don’t think it’s a stretch to think we might have qualified in CL and been 6+ points higher in the table than we are now. If he returns next year I’d fully expect us to qualify and win the league. We’re still on a very good trajectory and I’d welcome Conte back next year.
    We were hit hard because our backup options on defense were trash. Both D'Ambrosio and Kolarov were terrible in defense whenever they were asked to replace Skriniar and Bastoni. The fact the most positive moments of the duo this season are D'Ambrosio goals and Ibra's red card tells you everything you need to know about their performances in defense. Skriniar and Bastoni absentees were huge ones but they wouldn't have such a bad impact if we had decent options on the bench.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsabu View Post
    God, I can't believe how long it's been and the myths there are still present, especially neonblade.
    Conte did not want to sell skriniar! He's played every single game this season he has been available, I think he missed one when spurs were here. The club can't pay its fucking wages and haven't since August, it was the club looking to make a sale so we could pay our bills, nothing to do with conte!

Brehme on the investment amounts. Obvious gaps in the squad, making champions league again so increased budget, PLUS, we had to replace our three most productive players from the season before in nianggolan, icardi and perisic. Ofcourse we had to spend money, with those three players we finished 4th on the last 5 minutes of the season. Ofcourse we had to spend to improve especially without them!

To add to this. Under spalletti for two years we spent 211. 71 m.
    Under conte for two years we've spent 261.28

Thats increased champions league revenue and we've had to replace the likes of icardi, nianggolan, miranda as well as finally sign a decent fucking wing back.
    Equates to better finishes in the league compared to what we had. The spend claim is an obvious stick to beat conte with but looking at the context around is greatly exaggerated (the investment, as expected anyway with a new manager but considering the players we had to replaced and the obvious gaps in the squad).
    Skriniar case had nothing to do with Conte? Come on man. Conte had benched Skriniar towards the end of last season. Even when Ausilio was reassuring Skriniar is staying Conte was trying to keep the possibility alive by saying he can still leave if the club receives a good offer. In Conte's mind Skriniar didn't suit back 3 and he wanted to replace him with someone else. We are just lucky Tottenham only made ridiculous offers and they saved us from ourselves.
    #CONTEOUT

"When I had just become President, I went to Austria for our match. On the stadium billboard it was written: 'Inter Milan'. I went to report to the manager of the opposing team that it was enough to leave Inter. So they canceled Milan "

Massimo Moratti

27. Thanks (3): MVD, NimAraya, Sqnalkel

Fav. Player
    Diego Milito

Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Il Drago View Post
    We were hit hard because our backup options on defense were trash. Both D'Ambrosio and Kolarov were terrible in defense whenever they were asked to replace Skriniar and Bastoni. The fact the most positive moments of the duo this season are D'Ambrosio goals and Ibra's red card tells you everything you need to know about their performances in defense. Skriniar and Bastoni absentees were huge ones but they wouldn't have such a bad impact if we had decent options on the bench.

- - - Updated - - -

Skriniar case had nothing to do with Conte? Come on man. Conte had benched Skriniar towards the end of last season. Even when Ausilio was reassuring Skriniar is staying Conte was trying to keep the possibility alive by saying he can still leave if the club receives a good offer. In Conte's mind Skriniar didn't suit back 3 and he wanted to replace him with someone else. We are just lucky Tottenham only made ridiculous offers and they saved us from ourselves.
    But we weren't going to replace skriniar. We weren't linked with anyone else. Again every game skriniar has been available he has started, missing only the ones he had covid and when Tottenham were over here negotiating. Again, we haven't paid our bills since August and the club is absolutely desperate for money, why would conte say he will be staying at the club when Tottenham were in Milan actively negotiating? If they had have reached a good offer he was gone.

29. Thanks (2): ElDuccio, MVD

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Netherlands

But we weren't going to replace skriniar. We weren't linked with anyone else.
    We were linked with Chris f*ckin Smalling to replace Skriniar. These rumours started in August and ended only when the transfer market was closed.

31. Thanks (2): MVD, Sqnalkel

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Best Football Poster
    But we weren't going to replace skriniar. We weren't linked with anyone else. Again every game skriniar has been available he has started, missing only the ones he had covid and when Tottenham were over here negotiating. Again, we haven't paid our bills since August and the club is absolutely desperate for money, why would conte say he will be staying at the club when Tottenham were in Milan actively negotiating? If they had have reached a good offer he was gone.
    Rumours about Milenkovic with Smalling the alternative in case of a Skriniar departure.

https://gianlucadimarzio.com/it/calc...settembre-2020

Skriniar was starting because D'Ambrosio was the alternative and he was really bad. It would be silly not to start Skriniar. As for Conte's response, when the director who was involved in the negotiations says the player is staying it's a bit strange for the coach to say the opposite. Almost as if he's pushing for it.
    #CONTEOUT

"When I had just become President, I went to Austria for our match. On the stadium billboard it was written: 'Inter Milan'. I went to report to the manager of the opposing team that it was enough to leave Inter. So they canceled Milan "

Massimo Moratti

33. Thanks (2): MVD, Sqnalkel