View Poll Results: Will Conte win a Scudetto with Inter?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

65 61.32%
  • No

41 38.68%
Page 22 of 95 FirstFirst ... 12192021222324253272 ... LastLast

Thread: Antonio Conte

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    I'll settle for a "comfortable" top 4 finish and some visible proof that this team has a clue what they're doing on the pitch.
    Agree although it needs to be top3 finish by now. With all the investment going (Spallo out, Conte in, and the incoming transfers) we need to be better than any team not-named Juve/Napoli. Even Napoli needs to be seriously contended for the 2nd spot since they operate on so low budget compared to Inter. Money needs to show somewhere.

But general sentiment is the same. As long as the CL becomes a default for us and we develop as a team, it's fine to me.

2. Thanks (1): Nero Indigo

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Europe

Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    I'll settle for a "comfortable" top 4 finish and some visible proof that this team has a clue what they're doing on the pitch.
    Agreed, I would only add that I would us to win the coppa.

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Those are Spalletti targets for his first non-SA restricted season. Not waste 20m a season on a coach change target.

Conte has to deliver a squad that seems to challenge for the Scudetto. Plain and simple. We will also have the second highest budget, participate in the CL for the second time in a row, so allegedly this great coach + CL should deliver some big name transfers on a "discount", as in players would be willing to give up better contracts at inferior situations to come here. You know, the top manager effect...

Unless you think that Conte would not make CL with our last season roster. Because so far we have "upgraded" the coach and will "upgrade" the team. The top 4 finish should be automatic and the bare minimum. Why do we settle for the bare minimum? Everytime one does that, it's bound to bring failure.

Scudetto challenge or bust it is.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

5. Thanks (3): Adriano@10, Devious, Sqnalkel

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Egypt

10 years of FIF Most Diverse Poster
    Do you really think a team consists of Vecino, Gagliardini, Cunt version of Icardi, asshole Perisic, Candreva, Joao Mario and grandba injury-prone drunk 9golan could compete with CR, Pjanic, Chiesa, Cancelo and Mandzukic?

If we're not going to make fundamental changes with a transfer budget not less than 300m excluding the revenue of sold players, then I suggest we ban the phrase "scudetto challenge" from the forum until further notice.

Quote Originally Posted by GenDire View Post
    They should put the whole squad on the sex offender list for exposing themselves in front of 10,000 children

Greece

We hired the guy who will turn us into Scudetto challengers overnight, a major upgrade over Spalletti who was considered a failure, so I'd say the minimum expectatios for Conte would be to safely have Spalletti's last season team in 3rd place, with a 10pt cushion from 4th spot. Isn't that the case? Spalletti failed, so if Conte is so good, he wouldn't fail. What does a non-failure Spalletti season would look like? Deep European run, Coppa challenge and safe 3rd spot, right? So if we are vastly improving our managerial staff and we get him roster "upgrades" that he selects, I assume it's logical to expect something better than the non-failure of last season. Which also means: deep European run, Coppa challenge and of course, the only change would be a Scudetto challenge instead of a 3rd spot chase.

Otherwise what's the point of spending 20m extra on a new allegedly miracle worker coach?

Conte uomo di merda

8. Thanks (2): Geza, magnesium

Italy

Who ever said that spalletti failed? He wasn't considered good enough to take Inter to the next step of the ladder.

Clearly, Conte must do much better.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

10. Thanks (2): MVD, phonk

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Because we wanted a great coach to replace a coach we needed to replace anyway. Spalletti lost the locker room, he had no authority within the squad anymore. He needed to be replaced. If we had kept Spalletti, we would have to replace 80% of the squad. Not that cheap either.

Scudetto talk is obviously bullshit. Contending for that is of course the "goal" of every season but a realistic one? Not even with Conte and an improved squad. They need to find the cohesion first, learn the new football we want to play. If Juventus dives for some reason (new coach), we even might have a shot but top2-3 finish is more realistic. And obviously getting to knockout stages of CL.

Greece

Quote Originally Posted by firmino View Post
    Who ever said that spalletti failed? He wasn't considered good enough to take Inter to the next step of the ladder.

Clearly, Conte must do much better.

You probably skipped through the majority of the posts who were saying that Spalletti is a failure.

Conte uomo di merda

Italy

From what I recall, most users said that he got the bare minimum, with some help of lady luck. So he was very close to failure, but in the end I wouldn't say that he failed and I don't remember anyone openly say that (though I can't be 100% sure).

A change was most certainly necessary, as Inter didn't make any progress with him in his second year.
    Last edited by firmino; 13 Jun 19 at 14:05.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

14. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

Nepal

Yes, he was a failure in europe. Settling for a draw against PSV was pathetic and it bit us in the ass. All the good work the team did up to that point was a wash after that. Also, that's when the whole icardi fiasco started so he deserves blame for that as well.

I don't expect Conte to win the scudetto this year but i will consider him a failure as well if he doesn't manage to get out of the Champions League groups.

Italy

Blaming him for icardi is utterly unfair.

17. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Doina Turcanu

Tokelau

69 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Suraj View Post
    Yes, he was a failure in europe. Settling for a draw against PSV was pathetic and it bit us in the ass. All the good work the team did up to that point was a wash after that. Also, that's when the whole icardi fiasco started so he deserves blame for that as well.

I don't expect Conte to win the scudetto this year but i will consider him a failure as well if he doesn't manage to get out of the Champions League groups.
    I supposed getting out of CL groups depend on who we get in the group. If we get City/Liverpool and Real, we probably wouldn't make it. We are in pot 3, still the poor beggar.

- - - Updated - - -

From what I recall, most users said that he got the bare minimum, with some help of lady luck. So he was very close to failure, but in the end I wouldn't say that he failed and I don't remember anyone openly say that (though I can't be 100% sure).

A change was most certainly necessary, as Inter didn't make any progress with him in his second year.
    I said that he got the bare minimum, but I didn't say it here. Lol.
    FC INTERNAZIONALE

I thought football in Italy had changed, but it seems that a zebra never changes its stripes.
    FAK GOBBY

Fav. Player
    Skriniar37

Indonesia

People forget now we have Marotta + Conte.

Marotta and Conte are Rube turning point. They can become our turning point.

No other things make me happier than see Rubentus fall because their stars.

Give all player Conte need and fire Ausilio.

Sampdoria or Lazio sporting director much better than him .
    Lautaro Martínez: Argentina's next big thing
    Milan Skriniar : Next Best Defender In The World

Fav. Player
    Handanović

Israel

Some of you guys are too quick to celebrate. Nothing has changed until proven otherwise. I'll believe it when I see it.

Just because Conte and Marotta were successful for Rubentus, that doesn't guarantee us the same results here, or even close to it.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

21. Thanks (1): _OC_

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Italy

Assuming he gets the players he wants, I'm expecting and would be satisfied with: A comfortable 3rd place (9+ points) or 2nd place in Serie A, Round of 16 in CL, and Coppa Final, unless we get Juventus or Napoli before then. If we drop out of the CL, then at least semis in the EL.

Year after, Scudetto challenge.
    Inter Banter Era; 2011-2018 Mudingayi, Schelotto, Rocchi Gone but not forgotten

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

Quote Originally Posted by YoramG View Post
    Assuming he gets the players he wants, I'm expecting and would be satisfied with: A comfortable 3rd place (9+ points) or 2nd place in Serie A, Round of 16 in CL, and Coppa Final, unless we get Juventus or Napoli before then. If we drop out of the CL, then at least semis in the EL.

Year after, Scudetto challenge.
    That would only be applicable if they were this year's finalists and they weren't.
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. It’s never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. It’s a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    — Massimo Moratti

24. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    4-12-22-23
    Old name
    Josi

United States

10 years of FIF Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by interista4 View Post
    Some of you guys are too quick to celebrate. Nothing has changed until proven otherwise. I'll believe it when I see it.

Just because Conte and Marotta were successful for Rubentus, that doesn't guarantee us the same results here, or even close to it.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    Of course it doesn’t.
    But, in the land of the blind, the one with one eye, is the king.
    No pun intended.

Italy

According to Fabrizio biasin, the journalist interviewed in Anthony's YouTube channel Inter worldwide, perisic and Nainggolan will be allowed to be part of the project if no good offers come for them, otherwise they will be asked to leave.

He also stated (among many other things) that icardi has already been told he WILL NOT be part of the squad but he won't budge and has already said no to three teams.

27. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

Somebody tell Conte this squad needs Sarabia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

Greece

According to Fabrizio biasin, the journalist interviewed in Anthony's YouTube channel Inter worldwide, perisic and Nainggolan will be allowed to be part of the project if no good offers come for them, otherwise they will be asked to leave.

He also stated (among many other things) that icardi has already been told he WILL NOT be part of the squad but he won't budge and has already said no to three teams.
    And just to verify, Biasin is one of the very few journalists with great connections at the club.

Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    Somebody tell Conte this squad needs Sarabia.
    Apologies but Spalletti had listed Sarabia, De Paul and Chiesa as his priorities for the attackind midfield spots. Doubtfult that Conte agrees with him.

Conte uomo di merda