View Poll Results: Will Conte win a Scudetto with Inter?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

65 61.32%
  • No

41 38.68%
Page 40 of 57 FirstFirst ... 303738394041424350 ... LastLast

Thread: Antonio Conte

Fav. Player
    Julio Cesar

Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Delicate View Post
    If Luka is online he will probably come up with 5-6 paragraphs of text explaining that Marotta is not an idiot and the value of these players has already depreciated so much that they are worth peanuts even before any official announcements.

But the common logic and unbiased approach tells me that either Marotta is an idiot or suffering from dementia (for which I will give around 30% of probability) or he has deals with Dzeko-Lukaku-SMS ready to be announced so getting rid of Icardi and Radja won't compromise our objectives. Still, I am not convinced with Lukaku quality (Dzeko is actually a beast even at 32-33) plus Malcom case taught us (or Rui Costa back in prehistoric times) that you never know that the player is yours before he is in your HQ signing his contract.
    Marotta is a capable guy, idk what his endgame is but I hope there is one.
    Last edited by tanorini; 19 Jul 19 at 15:50.

Italy

Some extracts from the press conference.

Mourinho: ďI'm not Harry PotterĒ
    July 10, 2009

SURPLUS ďStarting with 30 players is a problem, it doesnít make things easy. Itís even worse finding players that I donít want here, who know I donít need them.Ē

ďMaybe players are not as proud as they used to be, it used to be enough just to say that you didnít need them anymore. Nowadays priorities seem to have changed: thereís money and standard of living to worry about, rather than trying something new.Ē

ďI need to respect the terms of contracts, but as a coach, it doesnít change my mind about who I need and who I donít.Ē

NO NEW CASH ďAccording to our plans, eight players were supposed to be leaving and four new, very specific signings. At the moment, only 4 have left, three have contracts nearing expiry and on one loan, which equals no new cash. And of the four new players, the team still needs a playmaker and a central defender.Ē

ďBut I want to make it clear, Iím not criticizing the club: we canít spend too much without having any incoming funds. I am not critical, or angry or disappointed: itís not the roster I dreamed about but itís what Iíve got, and the teamís objectives will change to match this reality.

ďI canít ask the President for any more: Iíll work harder, but I canít do miracles. Iím no Merlin or Harry Potter.Ē
    EDIT: In part already posted by Dario.

EDIT 2: My bad, wrong interview (Conte should pay the copyright holder - good try, but naming names wasn't enough to sound original).

3. Thanks (4): dax21, Universe, varmin, yoszee

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Eventually Jose ended up being a Harry Potter.

5. Thanks (1): varmin

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

United States

86 FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    Eventually Jose ended up being a Harry Potter.
    With Eto'o and Sneijder joining way after that press conference.
    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    This season is unfortunately a 5 season setback. We were 1.5 mercato away from becoming a top team, now won't really have expectations of winning an important trophy until 2025.

7. Thanks (1): CafeCordoba

Fav. Player
    Black & Blue

Poland

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Delicate View Post
    If Luka is online he will probably come up with 5-6 paragraphs of text explaining that Marotta is not an idiot and the value of these players has already depreciated so much that they are worth peanuts even before any official announcements.
    I wasn't, but I'm now for a second . And I don't need 5 paragraphs, I will just do 1. Marotta is not an idiot. But so isn't Conte. It's clear and his words today could be expected. I'm not worried (yet). Way too soon for that.
    Quote of the week:
    "Farewell - Let the Good Times Roll"
    --------------------------------------------------------
    F.C. INTERNAZIONALE, DEPECHE MODE, UNIA TARNOW - Nothing more...

Malta

Haha are people actually blaming Conte for saying what he said? We should be grateful, we finally have a manager with a pair of balls willing to call our management out on their bullshit and speak in behalf of the fans. Our mercato so far especially as Conte said on selling players has been fucking embarrassing, why are players like Borja and Dalbert still in the squad? Lyon want Dalbert, stop going back and forth for 5 fucking million..just give them him. And Borja wtf are we waiting for? Throw him in a retirement house and leave him there

What I don’t understand for the life of me is why everything is made public: everyone knows the players we want to buy and the players we want to sell...wtaf?

10. Thanks (1): CafeCordoba

Serbia

Quote Originally Posted by kurt0411 View Post
    Haha are people actually blaming Conte for saying what he said? We should be grateful, we finally have a manager with a pair of balls willing to call our management out on their bullshit and speak in behalf of the fans.
    That's all fine and neat except Conte isn't the kind of person who after expressing dissatisfaction goes and makes do with what he has. He is more the kind who flips the board with the pieces over and goes home.

12. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    4-12-22-23
    Old name
    Josi

United States

10 years of FIF Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by dax21 View Post
    That's all fine and neat except Conte isn't the kind of person who after expressing dissatisfaction goes and makes do with what he has. He is more the kind who flips the board with the pieces over and goes home.
    Kinda like Eric Cartman, “Screw you guys, I am going home”.

Fav. Player
    FIGO :')

Europe

75 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Armes View Post
    Had Mazzarri been on the bench today, losing a game from 1-0 to 2-1 against Stramaccioni and Deki, he'd be photoshopped, graffittied and put on every forum urinal for the especially unwatchable second half, stupid and snail subs, tactical idiocy etc.

15. Thanks (1): vex

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by vitomins View Post
    With Eto'o and Sneijder joining way after that press conference.
    With Eto'o and Sneijder we had a perennial championship squad that needed a quality jump and we had already locked Milito, Motta and Lucio by this day.

Now we are trying to kick away our two highest earners whilst publicly dissing them, as well as having a top executive and the manager publicly stating that Lukaku is our main target.

It's not even a comparison between fruits here.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

17. Thanks (2): Adriano@10, CafeCordoba

Fav. Player
    Maicon
    Old name
    Black Jesus

Dominican Republic

Grande Conte putting a rocket up Sunning’s ass.
    Platano Power
    TIMO WERNER

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

United States

With Eto'o and Sneijder we had a perennial championship squad that needed a quality jump and we had already locked Milito, Motta and Lucio by this day.

Now we are trying to kick away our two highest earners whilst publicly dissing them, as well as having a top executive and the manager publicly stating that Lukaku is our main target.

It's not even a comparison between fruits here.

Where did I say the situation was comparable? Cafe replied to a press conference from Mourinho complaining about the shape of his team and said he performed magic anyways after that. All I said was he also got Eto'o and Sneijder after that press conference, which was the huge boost the team needed.

Not sure what kind of argument you are trying to conjure up here, but I was just simply stating what happened after that press conference.
    This season is unfortunately a 5 season setback. We were 1.5 mercato away from becoming a top team, now won't really have expectations of winning an important trophy until 2025.

20. Thanks (1): ForzaNerazzurro

Fav. Player
    Vieri*

Nigeria

29 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakaroto View Post
    Grande Conte putting a rocket up Sunning’s ass.
    They really are not ready I’m just waiting to see if I should avoid this season all together.
    "A Black Hearted Slave, For The Blue Blood Kings, Bleeding For The Team, And The Titles They Bring"

Forza Inter
    *CAMPIONE DEL MONDO* 2009//2010
    -- COPPA ITALIA -- SERIE A -- UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE --
    -- SUPER COPPA ITALIANA -- FIFA CLUB WORLD CUP --

22. Thanks (1): Kakaroto

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

Andorra

Kudos to Conte for saying what he said. Sabatini and Spaletti to some extent said the same things. It's no secret that this club is infested with incompetent fucks from the highest corporate positions to the person who hired the translator for today's press conference.

24. Thanks (1): ElDuccio

Bulgaria

Forum Supporter
    Maybe i'm the only one but i don't like Conte's words. When he got the job he should know very well that Inter have some FFP restrictions and cannot spend billions on every of his demands. In addition it looks like for him Lukaku is the only alive attacker left in the world.

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

United States

Quote Originally Posted by varmin View Post
    Maybe i'm the only one but i don't like Conte's words. When he got the job he should know very well that Inter have some FFP restrictions and cannot spend billions on every of his demands. In addition it looks like for him Lukaku is the only alive attacker left in the world.

So if he said "I will only take this job if you get me Lukaku" and Suning agreed, he is in the wrong for demanding Lukaku at any price?

It's not like we are flat out denying the request...it seems we are only 5-10m away from sealing the deal. Is it really smart for Suning to piss off your new coach over 5-10m?

And I don't even want to spend that much money on Lukaku. I am just saying they obviously made some promises to him and now they are very close to getting the guy he wants...just get him.

27. Thanks (2): CafeCordoba, ElDuccio

Fav. Player
    Il Fenomeno

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by InterFCAustin View Post
    If Suning didn’t want to play that game, shouldn’t have hired Conte then.
    You got him, now you deal with him, and things you probably agreed before he signed that contract.

I think we can start worrying if the mercato don't ends like it was expected. Seems like what happend with Sabatini could happen again. I hope not, it's early to say it. Conte made anyway the right thing. He but also every Inter fan is annoyed of this situation, every year the same shit. Now it's time to make things clear and to react.
    Nel bene e nel male, forza Internazionale!!

#IcardiOut

29. Thanks (1): InterFCAustin

Fav. Player
    Brozović

Ireland

Ha! trouble with Conte before a ball is even kicked; just as Gabriele Marcotti predicted.

31. Thanks (2): n4l, Nero Indigo

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    FiF is nuts. Coach wants a single player and you back the coach...smh.

We already have experience with this. Jose came in (much better than Conte), got his players and we lost a ton of money. When the transfer strategy changed to a partnership with options, we had a much better outcome.

Conte's 2nd season in Chelsea where he got the players he wanted (bar lukaku) is evidence enough NOT to follow and deliver everything Conte wants

And this notion that it's "obvious" we "promised him" lukaku is silly as hell....maybe it's actually in Conte's contract
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnr View Post
    I swear to god Inters squad goes from Nikolai Tesla and Einstein ( Skrino&DeVrij) to Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey the more you go up higher.

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    I'm backing the coach in the sense that he was promised something. Now he has no forwards at all in a preseason tour. That's just ridiculous. That's like complete opposite of what was agreed. Management should have settled with this Lukaku bullshit way earlier, concluded the deal or then just went "fuck it, we go with other options". I don't know if it's the management or Suning or both, but some people have been making mistakes because it is surely unbearable situation to go to top friendlies against Man Utd and Juventus etc with strikers like 17y Esposito and bankrupt-Palermo returnee Puscas.