View Poll Results: Will Conte win a Scudetto with Inter?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

65 61.32%
  • No

41 38.68%
Page 419 of 435 FirstFirst ... 319369409416417418419420421422429 ... LastLast
Results 8,361 to 8,380 of 8700

Thread: Antonio Conte

Italy

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by brakbrak View Post
    Surely you don't understand what odds is. Literally inter had the best odds to win serie a since the beginning of the season.
    Surely you don't understand that people still think that this is Inter from 2014-15.
    <<Gli scudetti giusto vincerli sul campo>> Antonio Conte on Calciopoli

Peppino Prisco facci un gol

Malta

Surely you don't understand what odds is. Literally inter had the best odds to win serie a since the beginning of the season.
    Wrong, Rube were favorites. Get your facts right before chatting shit

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

10 years of FIF
    I believe Juve were favourites from Serie A fans...but odds were always in Inter's favor
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.
    Quote Originally Posted by Candreva Crosses View Post
    What did Matthaus do for Inter?

4. Thanks (1): ADRossi

Fav. Player
    Darmian

Italy

94 10 years of FIF
    Betting odds and statistical models had us as the favourite. It doesn't make this potential accomplishment any less impressive.

Fav. Player
    Christian Vieri

Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by ADRossi View Post
    Betting odds and statistical models had us as the favourite. It doesn't make this potential accomplishment any less impressive.
    Stop it, get your fact straight ADRossi.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kurt0411 View Post
    Wrong, Rube were favorites. Get your facts right before chatting shit
    Even if Rube were the favourites, it would have been by a small margin. So clearly either you don't understand what odds is or what "against all odds" means. Either way, you didn't know what the heck you were talking about when you made that stupid statement.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ADRossi View Post
    Pretty much, winning serie a is a great achievement especially when Juve won it 9 times in a row. Saying that the odds were against us,however, is ridiculous.
    #zhangisconte'sbitch

Fav. Player
    Inter1-0Wanda
    Old name
    browha

Europe

25 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    its hard to find odds from the start of the season, but?
    https://www.sportsbettingdime.com/so...pionship-odds/
    https://www.sportsbettingdime.com/ne...-odds-top-4-6/

seems to suggest Juve were ahead of us
    this aalso put juve aheaad of us:
    https://www.highpresssoccer.com/2020-21-serie-a-odds/

and this
    https://www.freesupertips.com/news/s...-betting-tips/

8. Thanks (1): Pimpin

Australia

10 years of FIF
    I do not think we should start counting our chickens until our work at the slaughterhouse is done.
    Last edited by Puma; 21 Mar 21 at 23:55.

Fav. Player
    Diego Milito

Ireland

Another pointless debate IMO.

If we win, it's a hell of an achievement. Juves wage bill is what, almost 50% higher than ours? And a debateable goat up top?

I'll be absolutely thrilled of we bring this home. You guys can debate all you want, I'll be getting pissed.

Fav. Player
    Darmian

Italy

94 10 years of FIF
    This is what you call a "we don't play for two weeks" argument.

Vietnam

Dude, it's you who don't understand betting odds. When people placed a bet, they didn't just bet on 'Inter' alone, they bet on Inter with Conte at them helm (and all the players we had). Taking out Conte and the odds wouldn't be the same. You can't hold the odds against Conte because Conte is literally in the odds.

Anyway, against all odds should mean against unfavorable situations. Which I don't agree at all, I feel this season, if we win it, will be the easiest league win in Conte's career.
    Last edited by Il Drago; 22 Mar 21 at 07:37. Reason: Double posting

Fav. Player
    Inter Milan
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Burundi

Conte has never managed a team who has to play against both 11 opponents and referees. You make it sound really easy
    Quote Originally Posted by .h. View Post
    i think you've forgotten the creative genius that was a midfield of Zanetti-Vieira-Cambiasso with Stankovic in front
    tiki-whati
    Quote Originally Posted by Provenzano View Post
    I think we should say - Skriniar Milan, because Milan should be in second place.

14. Thanks (4): .h., MVD, varmin, WLEXT

Fav. Player
    Inter1-0Wanda
    Old name
    browha

Europe

25 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Harpsabu View Post

If we win, it's a hell of an achievement. Juves wage bill is what, almost 50% higher than ours? And a debateable goat up top?

I'll be absolutely thrilled of we bring this home. You guys can debate all you want, I'll be getting pissed.

x100
    In my view we were never favourites for the scudetto. There was a lot of 'risk' with Juve - e.g. Pirlo as an unproven manager - but anyone assuming we were favourites is simply wrong IMHO. Even with a good team ending their cycle (presumably some referees retire because they've made lots of money and also need to go somewhere with no extradition treaty with Italy), the incumbent are still the favourites normally.

16. Thanks (2): Rain, WLEXT

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

10 years of FIF
    Conte has never managed a team who has to play against both 11 opponents and referees. You make it sound really easy
    Huh? What are the controversial calls against us this season in Serie A?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.
    What did Matthaus do for Inter?

Vietnam

Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    Huh? What are the controversial calls against us this season in Serie A?
    We don't need 1 pen per match like your other team to climb on top.

19. Thanks (1): Candreva Crosses

Fav. Player
    Christian Vieri

Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by qb4ever_2k View Post
    Dude, it's you who don't understand betting odds. When people placed a bet, they didn't just bet on 'Inter' alone, they bet on Inter with Conte at them helm (and all the players we had). Taking out Conte and the odds wouldn't be the same. You can't hold the odds against Conte because Conte is literally in the odds.

Anyway, against all odds should mean against unfavorable situations. Which I don't agree at all, I feel this season, if we win it, will be the easiest league win in Conte's career.
    Did I say our odds would have been the same had cambiasso or materazzi been our manager? Had Juve had a proper coach All, their odds would have been much higher as well. All I'm saying is it's stupid to say "against all odds" when literally we had the best or at least very close to Juve's odds of winning. Because as you said, that's not what against all odds mean.

If you had read my post after, I also said that it's still impressive to win it because Juve had won it 9 times in a row regardless of how good our odds are.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsabu View Post

Again, noone ever said that it's not a hell of an achievement when this "debate" started
    Last edited by brakbrak; 22 Mar 21 at 09:32.
    #zhangisconte'sbitch

Fav. Player
    Barella, Hakimi

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    What a fucking useless discussion again, boys. Jesus fucking christ.

22. Thanks (3): .h., varmin, WLEXT

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Transfer Guru
    What is the point of this discussion, and what does that prove? If we win the Scudetto, we will all celebrate it like crazy either way.

On a slightly different note, Juve and Inter this season shows the difference a coach can make. But also a quality director on top. Marotta is responsible for getting Conte and implementing a transfer strategy that suits the tactics. Paratici is responsible for letting Allegri go, then signing Sarri and Pirlo and having an expensive but confused transfer strategy that brought down the 9 time champions to their knees.

Fav. Player
    Barella, Hakimi

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    It's Paratici but mostly Agnelli's megalomania. He got clearly cocky with Juve's good run and they made a mistake in signing Ronaldo, which basically pushed Marotta out. Then Paratici has been there trying to solve everything and he hasn't been able to do that because there hasn't been enough funds to build a squad around Ronaldo, to get the best out of him (and not enough funds is because Ronaldo takes too much salary ).

25. Thanks (2): Il Drago, Kev9Inter

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Best Football Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    It's Paratici but mostly Agnelli's megalomania. He got clearly cocky with Juve's good run and they made a mistake in signing Ronaldo, which basically pushed Marotta out. Then Paratici has been there trying to solve everything and he hasn't been able to do that because there hasn't been enough funds to build a squad around Ronaldo, to get the best out of him (and not enough funds is because Ronaldo takes too much salary ).
    Paratici was also more focused on blocking Inter's mercato than reinforcing Juve in 2019/20. Blocking Dzeko's move to Inter with Spinazzola-Pellegrini swap deal leaving his team with no serious backup for Alex Sandro. Offering Dybala to Man Utd for Lukaku. Spending 40m on Kulusevski, who was one of the top Marotta targets, while his team badly needed a new CF.

Italy

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Il Drago View Post
    Paratici was also more focused on blocking Inter's mercato than reinforcing Juve in 2019/20. Blocking Dzeko's move to Inter with Spinazzola-Pellegrini swap deal leaving his team with no serious backup for Alex Sandro. Offering Dybala to Man Utd for Lukaku. Spending 40m on Kulusevski, who was one of the top Marotta targets, while his team badly needed a new CF.
    You're crediting that to Paratici, but it clearly was Agnelli's agenda and Paratici was following suit. In the summer we saw some of Paratici's moves. We'll see what will happen from now on.
    <<Gli scudetti giusto vincerli sul campo>> Antonio Conte on Calciopoli

Peppino Prisco facci un gol