View Poll Results: Will Conte win a Scudetto with Inter?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

65 61.32%
  • No

41 38.68%
Page 310 of 338 FirstFirst ... 210260300307308309310311312313320 ... LastLast
Results 6,181 to 6,200 of 6755

Thread: Antonio Conte

Fav. Player
    The Bro

Italy

Something needs to change with our attacking gameplan. I dont think throwing Eriksen in there solves the issue either.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
    "Moggi was just a grape in a vineyard of bullshit"

2. Thanks (2): Palacio, rfU

Fav. Player
    DDA, Bastoni

United States

Starting Frog smart, subbed Barella on in a timely manner excellent. Needs to vary the attack as mentioned above.

4. Thanks (2): Glass box, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by morrisama View Post
    Conte's shitty experiment with Kolarov is proven wrong tonight. Ranocchia literally gives him first clean sheet.
    Not Ranocchia, it was Bastoni at LCB. That made the difference. The kid is first choice for LCB anyway, Kolarov was only playing there coz Bastoni wasn't available.

Ranocchia played today as rotation for De Vrij. And it worked well, but we already knew that from last season - the frog can deputise for De Vrij. Its not like Ranocchia played LCB, I doubt that would work as he doesn't seem to have the pace or stamina for it.

I must also add that this Genoa was the worst attack we have faced so far this season. So while I hope this clean sheet gives our defence some confidence for the next game, I wouldn't give too much credit to our defence for tonight.

Fav. Player
    Christian Vieri

Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by Bluenine View Post
    Not Ranocchia, it was Bastoni at LCB. That made the difference. The kid is first choice for LCB anyway, Kolarov was only playing there coz Bastoni wasn't available.

Ranocchia played today as rotation for De Vrij. And it worked well, but we already knew that from last season - the frog can deputise for De Vrij. Its not like Ranocchia played LCB, I doubt that would work as he doesn't seem to have the pace or stamina for it.

I must also add that this Genoa was the worst attack we have faced so far this season. So while I hope this clean sheet gives our defence some confidence for the next game, I wouldn't give too much credit to our defence for tonight.
    If De Vrij is as good as people make him to be(compared to skriniar), he should have had no problem playing on the either side of the centre back right? It would have been better off to deploy either one of Dumbo or Kolarov, rano and De Vrij. Conte fucked up big time.

7. Thanks (2): Il Drago, morrisama

Fav. Player
    Inter1-0Wanda
    Old name
    browha

Europe

25 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF

yeah exactly. It was the lack of Kolarov that meant we stopped being so shit, not the fact that Ranocchia played tbh. Bastoni every day

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by brakbrak View Post
    If De Vrij is as good as people make him to be(compared to skriniar), he should have had no problem playing on the either side of the centre back right? It would have been better off to deploy either one of Dumbo or Kolarov, rano and De Vrij. Conte fucked up big time.
    you could make the same argument about moving barella up the pitch 15 metres

Fav. Player
    Christian Vieri

Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by .h. View Post

- - - Updated - - -

you could make the same argument about moving barella up the pitch 15 metres
    Difference is noone in our mid is as useless as kolarov; except for the one who has covid right now

Fav. Player
    Zanetti,Ronaldo

Indonesia

my point is we can always move De Vrij to the left and give the central spot to Ranocchia as temporary solution. but Conte always prefered Kolarov passing ability at the expense of defensive stability. he even insisted about it last week that Kolarov was just fine as LCB. he purposely experimented with it, not only due to Bastonis's absence.
    shape of inter to come

11. Thanks (1): Palacio

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

PNG

my point is we can always move De Vrij to the left and give the central spot to Ranocchia as temporary solution. but Conte always prefered Kolarov passing ability at the expense of defensive stability. he even insisted about it last week that Kolarov was just fine as LCB. he purposely experimented with it, not only due to Bastonis's absence.
    De Vrij playing on the left is like Kolarov playing on the left. Same shit, different names.
    Quote Originally Posted by Strale View Post
    I would accept 10mil, keep Firpo or whatever the fuck his name is, if Bartomeu fucks a pig in public. Like in Black Mirror.
    Quote Originally Posted by ADRossi View Post
    We're getting to experience Conte's second season at Chelsea without reaping the benefits of his first

13. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Doina Turcanu

Tokelau

69 Forum Supporter
    Koalarov only played as LCB against Fiorentina, which isn't because Bastoni was unavailable.
    FC INTERNAZIONALE

I thought football in Italy had changed, but it seems that a zebra never changes its stripes.
    FAK GOBBY

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed. View Post
    Koalarov only played as LCB against Fiorentina, which isn't because Bastoni was unavailable.
    Kolarov also played as lcb against Benevento while Bastoni was available. For Conte Kolarov is his backup lcb. This is what he said after using Kolarov as a lcb in the match against Milan:

“I think that’s his role now, the best one. Inevitably there is work to be done with him, but also with all the others".

16. Thanks (4): MVD, n4l, rfU, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Inter1-0Wanda
    Old name
    browha

Europe

Kolarov was LCB against Milan too?

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Quote Originally Posted by .h. View Post
    Kolarov was LCB against Milan too?
    Yep. Bastoni was missing due to covid. The starting lineup against Milan.

https://twitter.com/Inter_en/status/1317481864001671170

19. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Inter1-0Wanda
    Old name
    browha

Europe

Yeh exactly. Not sure if I'm missing Eds point then.

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Kolarov started against Benevento too.

Canada

Quote Originally Posted by brakbrak View Post
    If De Vrij is as good as people make him to be(compared to skriniar), he should have had no problem playing on the either side of the centre back right?
    That is almost like saying if Handa is as good as people make him to be he should have had no problem playing anywhere on the field.
    A CMF and a RMF (not winger) still are different.
    He is very good as a ball playing + covering CB, but as a LCB, it is more like a stopper plus forward dribbling, plus he is right footed, still I think he would play much better than Dumbo or Kolarov.

Fav. Player
    Schelotto

Brazil

Idk, to me the "side" CBs seem like a harder job than the "middle" CB who is cushioned pretty well from all sides.
    Team #Dare2Mazzari #Messi4Inter #Messi4AsadoClan

24. Thanks (2): Linege, Palacio

Fav. Player
    Christian Vieri

Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by #NotForMe View Post
    That is almost like saying if Handa is as good as people make him to be he should have had no problem playing anywhere on the field.
    A CMF and a RMF (not winger) still are different.
    He is very good as a ball playing + covering CB, but as a LCB, it is more like a stopper plus forward dribbling, plus he is right footed, still I think he would play much better than Dumbo or Kolarov.
    Wtf? How is handa playing elsewhere comparable? People here say skriniar is shit despite playing on the side cb which as fappuccino mentioned, is a much harder job and they hail de vrij as a God so I'm saying why not let de vrij get a taste of playing on the side; he can't be any worse than kolarov who is an LB.
    Last edited by brakbrak; 27 Oct 20 at 00:17.

Canada

Ah... I don't think skriniar is shit, but that doesn't mean we can take the credits away from De Vrij, matter fact he was named the best defender in Serie A for the 2019-20 campaign

Handa is just an extreme example; all I trying to say is the 2 roles are naturally different, CMF and RMF for example, like can we move Vidal to play RMF? Also even if one player is unable to do so, doesn't mean no one can, Stanković as a counter example, and can I say Matthaus is less of a player than we made him to be if he can't play as well as Stanković on the side?

Like we shouldn't be moving people around and away from their best position and claim everyone is shit, and that's pretty much what Conte is doing.
    - - - Updated - - -

I almost forgot, I came call the way to Conte's thread to say this Motherfucker better win something this year, cause we gave him all he asked for, so better fucking deliver.

27. Thanks (1): ElinaYvo

Fav. Player
    Matrix

Denmark

Fuck you a hundred times over, you Jube prick. Useless.

What was the point of hiring this scum, again? We've moved the needle zero percent, and for that we're paying 12 mil. a year. What a scam.

PNG

16 FIF Special Ones Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Fossati
    Every time an interesting player from another team expresses any interest in us, we start acting like beggars - ausilio certainly looks the part: unshaved, always looks like he hasn't slept in days, I wouldn't be surprised if he smells - and constantly try to get the deal done with lowball offers.