View Poll Results: Will Conte win a Scudetto with Inter?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

65 61.32%
  • No

41 38.68%
Page 389 of 412 FirstFirst ... 289339379386387388389390391392399 ... LastLast
Results 7,761 to 7,780 of 8233

Thread: Antonio Conte

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Transfer Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by magnesium View Post
    i wonder why Conte doing good subs in least improtant match like this, and troll subs against big teams
    Perhaps coz today we had good options on the bench? I wouldn't give Conte too much credit for subs today, just like I don't blame him as much for subs in previous games. Inter's squad is like 10-11 players (of reasonable quality) deep at best, the rest are fodder. So usually the subs won't make much of difference. Today was different coz 5 of those 10 were on the bench.

2. Thanks (3): magnesium, Pimpin, Strale

Realistically who would replace him if he were to leave this summer

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

Conte made a huge pussy mistake last week, but lets not pretend that these games should've been close.
    Quote Originally Posted by bandiera View Post
    referees 'without question' favour juve? i think youre overstating the effect of buying out the refs.
    On Conte
    Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    Still positive that by winning the Scudetto, we can get rid of the guy.

5. Thanks (4): diamen, MVD, Strale, varmin

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Kazakhstan

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenRetriever View Post
    A lot of local gurus are suggesting the likes of De Zerbi, Conceicao. Didn't get the rationale of hiring the each candidate. Imo these options look like steping back

7. Thanks (4): dax21, MVD, Strale, Universe

Greece

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by forzainter257 View Post
    A lot of local gurus are suggesting the likes of De Zerbi, Conceicao. Didn't get the rationale of hiring the each candidate. Imo these options look like steping back
    The step back would be to keep Conte. These suggestions only came to pull the handbrakes on that misdirection with the guesstimated minimum cost that the club seems to be heading for.
    These aren't anyone's top choices, but they are only a stop gap option until we can fix the mistake of hiring Conte...
    <<Gli scudetti giusto vincerli sul campo>> Antonio Conte on Calciopoli

Peppino Prisco facci un gol

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Best Football Poster
    We don't even know who's gonna be the owner of the club in the summer so any suggestion right now would be nothing more than wild speculation.
    #CONTEOUT

"When I had just become President, I went to Austria for our match. On the stadium billboard it was written: 'Inter Milan'. I went to report to the manager of the opposing team that it was enough to leave Inter. So they canceled Milan "

Massimo Moratti

10. Thanks (3): IM21, MVD, Universe

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Transfer Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by forzainter257 View Post
    A new Coach like one of those will be a few steps backward for Inter, a quick return to the banter era where top 4 will start looking like a wishful dream. But unless our financial situation changes, those are the kind of coaches we will get.

If we have big money to invest, we need to go after a top coach. At the very least, Allegri. We need a coach with serious pedigree of winning. If we don't have big money to invest, our best case scenario is to keep Conte and aim for top 4 again.
    Last edited by Bluenine; 14 Jan 21 at 11:35.

12. Thanks (1): forzainter257

Federated States of Micronesia

10 years of FIF
    Allegri
    Massimo Moratti: "It's better to be multi-ethnic than buying matches."

14. Thanks (3): ADRossi, brakbrak, MVD

Fav. Player
    Adriano

Switzerland

Anyone else notice a "tic" Conte has, where he kind of scuffs and lifts up his chin once or twice (usually after we score).

I have no clue how to describe it properly, but I've been seeing him do this and it's bothering me.
    It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world.

16. Thanks (4): bubba zanetti, Kenny, MVD, Strale

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Kazakhstan

18. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluenine View Post
    A new Coach like one of those will be a few steps backward for Inter, a quick return to the banter era where top 4 will start looking like a wishful dream. But unless our financial situation changes, those are the kind of coaches we will get.

If we have big money to invest, we need to go after a top coach. At the very least, Allegri. We need a coach with serious pedigree of winning. If we don't have big money to invest, our best case scenario is to keep Conte and aim for top 4 again.
    Because it worked out so great with Conte?

Fuck getting a big name you know whats way more important than getting a big name? Getting a good fit for the Club and the players that we currently have under contract....
    Thats how Conte became big cause him and jube match made in fucken haven... Similar can be said about allegri and BBilan would Allegri be considered a big team coach if he did not get to coach Ibra at BBilan? Probably not cause he would not have won the scudo without ibra and would probably never have gotten the jube job.
    There are these coaches who came in with very little experience to a top club but they were just a great fit and now we all consider them great coaches.
    Pep, Zidan, Klopp, simeone and poch( to a lesser extent) but i clearly remember people not wanting simeone here cause he needs experience first well now we cant fucken afford him any more. There s also hansi flick who is doing amazing with bayern and he was a nobody before getting promoted to head coach.
    I mean is pioli a better coach then conte? Probably not but he s a better fit for bbilan than conte is for us.....

Also fuck being content with having the 2nd best squad in the country and the highest paid coach while finishing top 4 thats simply not enough. Especially if mighty jube is coached by a noob......

Fire that jube cunt unless he delivers the scudetto and find us a coach that is a good fit for Inter and for the players we currently have in our long term plans.

Still incomprehensible how we went for conte when Mou was available
    Last edited by Adriano@10; 15 Jan 21 at 12:13.
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

20. Thanks (3): eduzee, Nothing, Sqnalkel

Greece

Quote Originally Posted by Adriano@10 View Post
    Especially if mighty jube is coached by a noob......
    But then we can claim that the noob was a perfect fit, no?

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    But then we can claim that the noob was a perfect fit, no?

Yes one could.......
    That would be a bit ignorant as the guys i mentioned who took over an already great team took em to new highs.. Peps Barca was probably the best i ve seen in the new area, same goes for Zidan i mean winning 3 CLs in a row was unheard off...

If pirlo goes on to win the CL with jube fuck yes he was a perfect fit, winning the title with this jube side is hardly an achievement.....
    Plus at least they brought in a guy who knows the club well..
    Was tuchel a great coach cause he won the league with PSG?

I also dont get the argument that we need to pay up for conte cause otherwise we re out of top 4... We ve got a way stronger squad than under spallo and he managed to get that 4th spot.
    Did we really hire Conte and make him the best paid coach in italy so we can finish 2nd instead of 4th?
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

23. Thanks (1): _OC_

Greece

Quote Originally Posted by Adriano@10 View Post
    Did we really hire Conte and make him the best paid coach in italy so we can finish 2nd instead of 4th?
    On the final match day also

25. Thanks (1): Adriano@10

Fav. Player
    Cambiasso,Sneij

Italy

Conte will continue to complain and make excuses unless he gets his transfers. This guy clearly doesn’t know how to manage players. His time at Juventus and Chelsea he had very strong teams. Sadly inter can’t compete with both of those teams financially. Obviously sacking him would be very expensive, but him stepping down would be the best possible outcome. I just can’t see this team, improving next year with the same players and tactics under this Gobbi.

27. Thanks (3): bubba zanetti, eduzee, Nothing

Canada

If he manages to win this year then he will probably leave unless he gets his players in the following transfer window. However, I don’t see Conte leaving on his own if he doesn’t manage to win this season, as the alternative will probably not be an upgrade over Inter.

Future employers for Conte will be mindful of his rigid methods.

I often wonder what would Conte have done if he was managing Kaka’s Milan of 04/05 or Totti’s Roma. Would he have exiled these players because they wouldn’t have fit into his system.

I to prefer a player like Kevin De Brune or Gerard over Kaka or Totti but I wouldn’t bench the latter players for someone who is three levels inferior just because he fits my system better.

29. Thanks (2): eduzee, Strale

Malta

Quote Originally Posted by Jusef View Post
    If he manages to win this year then he will probably leave unless he gets his players in the following transfer window. However, I don’t see Conte leaving on his own if he doesn’t manage to win this season, as the alternative will probably not be an upgrade over Inter.

Future employers for Conte will be mindful of his rigid methods.

I often wonder what would Conte have done if he was managing Kaka’s Milan of 04/05 or Totti’s Roma. Would he have exiled these players because they wouldn’t have fit into his system.

I to prefer a player like Kevin De Brune or Gerard over Kaka or Totti but I wouldn’t bench the latter players for someone who is three levels inferior just because he fits my system better.
    Hahahaha you guys are hilarious with your exaggeration’s. Comparing Eriksen to Kaka and Totti dfkm. The best version of Hazard I ever seen was under Conte, same goes for Willian as well. So stop with this bullshit.

Europe

28 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark View Post
    Anyone else notice a "tic" Conte has, where he kind of scuffs and lifts up his chin once or twice (usually after we score).

I have no clue how to describe it properly, but I've been seeing him do this and it's bothering me.
    Yeah, i noticed, but every coach has one. Spaletti had something similar with raising his eyebrows, Zaccheroni always bit his upper lip, Mancini with his fucking hand in his hair, Joachim Low being a filthy animal

Comes with the stress of the job.

32. Thanks (2): eduzee, MVD

Canada

Quote Originally Posted by kurt0411 View Post
    Hahahaha you guys are hilarious with your exaggeration’s. Comparing Eriksen to Kaka and Totti dfkm. The best version of Hazard I ever seen was under Conte, same goes for Willian as well. So stop with this bullshit.
    Bravo, I'm sure now that you weren't the brightest in your class. We are comparing central midfielders and you refer to wide players in the form of Hazard and Willian.

Again Eriksen is no Totti or Kaka , but the point is if you have a midfielder that is much superior to the one your playing, although he is not in the mold of your preference do you bench him for the sake your system.

Again it's not Eriksen or Sensi, or Eriksen or Vidal , it's Eriksen for Gagliardini.

Edit.

Conte on Eriksen:

“Eriksen has so far played central midfield, as a trequartista and now a playmaker. Having a player who can cover various positions can be useful.”

Not bad for a player who was exiled due to the managers bias against his transfer
    Last edited by Jusef; 16 Jan 21 at 14:53.

34. Thanks (1): eduzee

Malta

Quote Originally Posted by Jusef View Post
    Bravo, I'm sure now that you weren't the brightest in your class. We are comparing central midfielders and you refer to wide players in the form of Hazard and Willian.

Again Eriksen is no Totti or Kaka , but the point is if you have a midfielder that is much superior to the one your playing, although he is not in the mold of your preference do you bench him for the sake your system.

Again it's not Eriksen or Sensi, or Eriksen or Vidal , it's Eriksen for Gagliardini.
    You were obviously implying that creative players under Conte do not flourish. I understand you’re not the most knowledgeable about football but a creative player doesn’t have to be a midfielder. Hazard, Willian, Pedro, Pirlo, Pogba, Fabregas ( even though he wasn’t a starter) are all creative players who flourished under Conte. So yes I’m sure he wouldn’t have had any trouble fitting Kaka or Totti in his team.

And the sad reality to directly answer your question is Eriksen hasn’t looked much better than Gags whenever he’s been on the pitch.