View Poll Results: Will Conte win a Scudetto with Inter?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

65 61.32%
  • No

41 38.68%
Page 137 of 140 FirstFirst ... 3787127134135136137138139140 LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,740 of 2798

Thread: Antonio Conte

Fav. Player
    Vieri*

UK

29 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    SSDD - Same Shit Different Day.
    "A Black Hearted Slave, For The Blue Blood Kings, Bleeding For The Team, And The Titles They Bring"

Forza Inter
    *CAMPIONE DEL MONDO* 2009//2010
    -- COPPA ITALIA -- SERIE A -- UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE --
    -- SUPER COPPA ITALIANA -- FIFA CLUB WORLD CUP --

Fav. Player
    D.Milito

Somalia

I imagine if the match is played in full attendance he would put out a correct formation and 110% intensity instead of whatever that is on the pitch. Conte thrives with the world against him and would take extra precision with tactics. Not his greatest moment.

Quote Originally Posted by danz View Post
    Can we beg to FIFA to convert , lets say 30 crosses per game into 1 goal?

Bahrain

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    I blame Conte for this above all. You see our attack not doing shit and I do nothing then u give them control of midfield then watch them collapse into a psychological barrier. We had a bad game against Juve in the first leg too..
    we lost points against the worst Roma in years and same with Napoli in cup.
    Ziyad Of Boston

4. Thanks (2): Palacio, rfU

Fav. Player

Albania

Forum Supporter
    I blame Marotta more than Conte. I never expected much from him but Marotta, he has shown that he a very poor player picker.

6. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Black & Blue

Poland

10 years of FIF
    Something broke in december. Until then we played great. There was really only a juBe game, a barcelona (second half) and dortmund (second half) where we played worse overall than the opponent. All the rest we played at the very least as well as opposition with most of them where we played better. And then something changed, we started playing slow, long balls and such.

I don't know what happened, and I'm sure we will never find out. Leaving that aside, Conte must really quickly realize, this 3-5-2 is not working at this point in time. Either opponents figured us out, or something else is the fault, but we cannot do anything with it any longer. We have to switch to 4312. It seems like every game I think Conte will start with 4312, then he says just before the match "Ahhh, maybe 352 one more time, just to be sure". Then we play like shit and when there is nothing to lose we switch to 4312 and maybe we don't play great with it, but diffinitely not as bad as with 352. Eriksen will NEVER work with 3 in defense. I don't care how much Conte will try him there. He has no defensive capabilities enough to play him there. He can play as a mid in 433 for only a few teams in the world that play very offensive games, like Ajax, Barca, Man City. That's all. But deffinitely not Italy. Everywhere else, he can play only as AM in either 4312 or 4231. That's it.

We will not fire Conte until at least the end of the next season and it is wise imo. He is still a great manager, he is deffinitely not a loser comparing to Spalletti and the home game against Barca is a proof of it where we thrown there everything at Barca to win that game. But... he has to do something and he has to do something quick. If we won't start the next season the same as this one and not let the same thing happen, his position will be questioned. I think we have safe enough advantage for the 4th so at least that's that. But that stubborness to stick with 352 is worrying to me, especially since he was in the same boat already at Chelsea and he did switch to 343. However the difference there I think is that he switched there from his not liked 4 defense tactic to his favourite 3 defense tactic and our situation is reversed, so maybe that's the reason he is so reluctant to switch to 4 at the back which I though would suit better the players we have at the moment. On the other hand, he does siwtch to 4312 at the latter stages of almost all games for past month, so it seems to me like he instinctively knows 4312 would be better for us, but still he fights against it and starts with 3 again the next game.
    Quote of the week:
    "Farewell - Let the Good Times Roll"
    --------------------------------------------------------
    F.C. INTERNAZIONALE, DEPECHE MODE, UNIA TARNOW - Nothing more...

Venezuela

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    Something broke in december. Until then we played great. There was really only a juBe game, a barcelona (second half) and dortmund (second half) where we played worse overall than the opponent. All the rest we played at the very least as well as opposition with most of them where we played better. And then something changed, we started playing slow, long balls and such.

I don't know what happened, and I'm sure we will never find out. Leaving that aside, Conte must really quickly realize, this 3-5-2 is not working at this point in time. Either opponents figured us out, or something else is the fault, but we cannot do anything with it any longer. We have to switch to 4312. It seems like every game I think Conte will start with 4312, then he says just before the match "Ahhh, maybe 352 one more time, just to be sure". Then we play like shit and when there is nothing to lose we switch to 4312 and maybe we don't play great with it, but diffinitely not as bad as with 352. Eriksen will NEVER work with 3 in defense. I don't care how much Conte will try him there. He has no defensive capabilities enough to play him there. He can play as a mid in 433 for only a few teams in the world that play very offensive games, like Ajax, Barca, Man City. That's all. But deffinitely not Italy. Everywhere else, he can play only as AM in either 4312 or 4231. That's it.

We will not fire Conte until at least the end of the next season and it is wise imo. He is still a great manager, he is deffinitely not a loser comparing to Spalletti and the home game against Barca is a proof of it where we thrown there everything at Barca to win that game. But... he has to do something and he has to do something quick. If we won't start the next season the same as this one and not let the same thing happen, his position will be questioned. I think we have safe enough advantage for the 4th so at least that's that. But that stubborness to stick with 352 is worrying to me, especially since he was in the same boat already at Chelsea and he did switch to 343. However the difference there I think is that he switched there from his not liked 4 defense tactic to his favourite 3 defense tactic and our situation is reversed, so maybe that's the reason he is so reluctant to switch to 4 at the back which I though would suit better the players we have at the moment. On the other hand, he does siwtch to 4312 at the latter stages of almost all games for past month, so it seems to me like he instinctively knows 4312 would be better for us, but still he fights against it and starts with 3 again the next game.

We never played great or even good at least not for a significant number of games, we just had a lot of intensity, Lautaro, Sensi and Lukaku in great form and lots and lots of luck, but we always looked awful and always struggled, then we started having a few hiccups and everything started to crumble.
    "Si chiamerŗ Internazionale, perchŤ noi siamo fratelli del mondo"

"It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world"

9. Thanks (4): Batman, CafeCordoba, n4l, Nyall

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    We also played super poorly against Lazio at home match but miraculously managed to win it.

Btw, I said this "he must do something, and quick" already in December. Absolutely nothing has happened apart from Conte getting a world class playmaker who he doesn't seem to be able to utilize.

We still play this mezzalas out wide or behind opponent's players. They don't move enough, our strikers don't move enough so there are no passing channels for CBs/Brozo/WBs to take advantage of. As our midfielders are taken out of the game, we keep passing down low, trying to find a hole. We cannot do anything else. Sometimes a long ball to Lukaku who mostly can't do anything useful with it. It's as if it's the same story all over again like with Spalletti. We become inept, there's no determination, there's no rush to do things, NOT ENOUGH MOVEMENT. So frustrating to watch.

These ludogrets and other shitters we can beat with Lukaku's goals, but that is not our target. Our target should be to be able to compete with Juventus. We are fucking miles behind. Like n4l pointed out, even with Spalletti we managed to challenge them 1v1. Now we are not even close. Conte is just getting outclassed in big matches time and time again.

11. Thanks (4): Fitzy, IRR26, rfU, Sqnalkel

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Kazakhstan

If he sees Vecino as a first team player then he can go and kiss Spallo's bald head.
    I have weakened bolts that fastened a brain, and have relaxed. A technical break...

13. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Sqnalkel View Post
    We never played great or even good at least not for a significant number of games, we just had a lot of intensity, Lautaro, Sensi and Lukaku in great form and lots and lots of luck, but we always looked awful and always struggled, then we started having a few hiccups and everything started to crumble.
    I would add, serie A teams are better prepared tactically to limit our offensive play as well. Our setup was "new" in the first half of the season and now it's not anymore. (1) Limit the entry passes to the forwards and (2) cut off the passing lanes to force our midfielders to come inside v staying out wide.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnr View Post
    I swear to god Inters squad goes from Nikolai Tesla and Einstein ( Skrino&DeVrij) to Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey the more you go up higher.

15. Thanks (3): Fitzy, rfU, Sqnalkel

Netherlands

The most frustrating part of this is despite the poor performance, Conte will not even slightly adjust his tactics next match.

Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Palacio View Post
    I blame Marotta more than Conte. I never expected much from him but Marotta, he has shown that he a very poor player picker.
    Which players has Marotta picked that were poor?

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Waiting for Conte to moan about the material or something. Is he ready to take responsibility?

19. Thanks (2): Palacio, Sqnalkel

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    we lost rhythm due to not playing for 2 weeks....
    I swear to god Inters squad goes from Nikolai Tesla and Einstein ( Skrino&DeVrij) to Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey the more you go up higher.

21. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by n4l View Post
    we lost rhythm due to not playing for 2 weeks....
    Yeah That's a good one. Conte, use that!

23. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    Waiting for Conte to moan about the material or something. Is he ready to take responsibility?
    There was no post match press conference due to coronavirus. Till his next one, this game will have probably been forgotten.
    Francesco Toldo: "Winning in this club is different; it is the satisfaction of arriving at the port after going through a storm".

25. Thanks (2): MVD, n4l

Fav. Player
    Radamel Fkingco

Colombia

10 years of FIF
    He needs to switch our formation or go

Our bench is fking awful!!! Compare that to Juves. Fk compare Juves bench against our starting line up
    VAR is some serious Bullshit!

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by crzdcolombian View Post
    He needs to switch our formation or go

Our bench is fking awful!!! Compare that to Juves. Fk compare Juves bench against our starting line up
    Our bench actually has Eriksen, Sanchez and Godin. And a bunch of decent role players that aren't any worse than Juventus' role players. Their midfielders are better, but the defensive depth is much better in our end.
    What they do have is the luxury of having Cristiano, Dybala, Higuain, Bernardeschi and Douglas Costa as their offensive options. Bernardeschi is at the bottom of that list and he'd be one of our most talented players if we had him. But he'd also be benched
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

28. Thanks (1): Sqnalkel

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    Thankfully it's lord Conte our coach and not Spallo saying this. Spallo said this, and it would be "loser mentality"....

https://www.football-italia.net/1509...juventus-level

Conte: 'Inter not at Juventus level'

Antonio Conte believes it was “a balanced encounter” until the goal, but concedes Inter are still a long way off Juventus. “The difference is that we lost to them twice.”

The Nerazzurri needed a victory to get back into the title race, but have now fallen nine points behind leaders Juve and eight adrift of Lazio – albeit with another game in hand to be played against Sampdoria.

Aaron Ramsey and Paulo Dybala goals seemed to transform the match and Inter never quite recovered.

“It was a very balanced encounter up until the goal and we had started the second half much better than them, but that Ramsey goal changed everything, above all psychologically,” Conte told Sky Sport Italia.

“It boosted their confidence and hit ours, so we were unable to recover from that.”

This result means there is a nine-point gap with Juventus and eight from Lazio, although Inter do have a game in hand.

“The difference between us and Juventus, not counting the game in hand with Sampdoria, is six points. That’s the two defeats at San Siro and here,” added Conte.

“We tried to stay in their slipstream, but must learn from defeat and take the lessons of comparison to grow in terms of character, quality and strength. It’s a loss that must help us to grow and understand how far away we are.

“It certainly shouldn’t make us distraught, as we knew there was a gap and we lost both meetings with them. The results speak clearly, they won two and we got zero points.

“We must grow in terms of character if we want to compete at the highest level. It’s also about characteristics, as there are players who are stronger in personality and others less so. We all need to do better in that sense and be more determined.”

Conte was asked if he had expected more of a reaction or a fight from his Nerazzurri in the head-to-head clashes with Juventus.

“We are talking about a Juventus team that got stronger every year for eight seasons, adding quality players with a lot of experience and trophies already.

“This project only started seven months ago and we are trying to do our best in terms of squad, but cannot compare to a side that dominated Italian football for eight years. We are here playing these games and looking at objectives that are higher than previous seasons.

“We must build the project, brick by brick, year by year, to reach the level of experience, quality and character that Juventus have. I see all the others as very distant from Juve right now.”

This fixture was meant to be last week, but postponed due to the Coronavirus outbreak and eventually played behind closed doors, meaning Conte returned to an empty Juventus Stadium.

There are now calls from the Players’ Association and Minister for Sport to suspend the Serie A season from next week.

“We all have families, so naturally there are concerns. It’s difficult to pretend nothing is happening. It’s difficult to deal with some situations, as we could raise our voices, but it’s a delicate scenario.

“We are all human beings, we have loved ones and I hope the decisions are ultimately made to protect everyone, without distinction. The authorities will make the decisions, we can only accept their suggestions.”

30. Thanks (3): Nyall, Sqnalkel, thatdude

Fav. Player
    4-12-22-23
    Old name
    Josi

United States

10 years of FIF Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by n4l View Post
    Thankfully it's lord Conte our coach and not Spallo saying this. Spallo said this, and it would be "loser mentality"....

https://www.football-italia.net/1509...juventus-level
    Iím not defending Conte here, and I agree, Conte needs to suck less on this ďJuve is so superior to usĒ dick, even tho itís true, itís still annoying, but I canít help but notice, you were very quiet around here, for the first half of the season.
    Now we started to struggle here lately, and you reappear.
    Must be some scheduling conflict, coincidence.

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    I was on whatsapp but now I'm not. I'll not be posting here soon again anyway tbh.