View Poll Results: Will Conte win a Scudetto with Inter?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

65 61.32%
  • No

41 38.68%
Page 308 of 348 FirstFirst ... 208258298305306307308309310311318 ... LastLast
Results 6,141 to 6,160 of 6957

Thread: Antonio Conte

Fav. Player
    Godcini

United States

Does this guy even have a game plan for attacking? The only time we seem to score vs decent teams is off of opponent mistakes and broken plays that result in a mess in front of goal. Whenever somebody actually moves properly and finds open space our blind ass midfield can’t find them. Meaning there is no actual set play just random movement. Fucking hell its like watching Mancini again just throw players on the field and pray.

2. Thanks (1): Glass box

Fav. Player
    Gagliardinho

Indonesia

All FIF need to chills.

It's still 5 games. What's wrong with you guys?

Chelsea lose to Arsenal 3-0, and Chelsea earned only a single point out of nine available points and were in eighth place in the Premier League in September.

The rest are history. Same pattern same thing happen
    Gagliardini best italian midfielders 2020/2021

Fav. Player
    Darmian

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by BasedGodPunk View Post
    Does this guy even have a game plan for attacking? The only time we seem to score vs decent teams is off of opponent mistakes and broken plays that result in a mess in front of goal. Whenever somebody actually moves properly and finds open space our blind ass midfield can’t find them. Meaning there is no actual set play just random movement. Fucking hell its like watching Mancini again just throw players on the field and pray.
    The game plan for attacking is pretty simple to follow. Handanovic passes to de Vrij. de Vrij passes to the RCB. The RCB then either distributes it to Vidal in the middle of the pitch, who switches play to the LWB (with room to run) OR he passes to Barella on the right sideline who is responsible for beating his man and getting the ball to Lukaku, who then lays it off for the overlapping RWB. We do this several times a match.

If this doesn't work we resort to praying someone pulls a magical moment out of a hat.

Fav. Player
    The Bro

Italy

I'm over all this tbh.

We can't sack him because it'll cripple us financially, and he's obviously not going to win us any titles this season. I'm sure he's going to cry to the media if we don't cave in and give him a contract extension this season (if he even wants one). But to make things even worse, we'll have no one better to replace him with come next summer.

We're so lucky we have Genoa next.
    "Moggi was just a grape in a vineyard of bullshit"

6. Thanks (1): ADRossi

Fav. Player
    DDA, Bastoni

United States

On the bright side, he did bring a sub in at halftime. Glacial progression on that front at least.

India

Quote Originally Posted by Ethor View Post
    On the bright side, he did bring a sub in at halftime. Glacial progression on that front at least.
    That was only because Sanchez got injured, sadly

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by ADRossi View Post
    The game plan for attacking is pretty simple to follow. Handanovic passes to de Vrij. de Vrij passes to the RCB. The RCB then either distributes it to Vidal in the middle of the pitch, who switches play to the LWB (with room to run) OR he passes to Barella on the right sideline who is responsible for beating his man and getting the ball to Lukaku, who then lays it off for the overlapping RWB. We do this several times a match.

If this doesn't work we resort to praying someone pulls a magical moment out of a hat.
    Hence Rose asked if his scout team only brought the highlights!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
    Wearing your mask like that is like wearing a condom on your balls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    Where is Diego Armando Eriksen?

Brazil

Saw the result, now I'm going to bed pissed. If Conte is still here tomorrow I'm going to wake up pissed.

United States

Our play is in such an odd state right now. We actually move the ball really well from front to back. Then when we get into the final 3rd it’s almost like we’re cocky or something, like we think the other team is just going to open up for us and let us score. There is no decisiveness and little bravery. I actually think this team lacks a bit of humility. We aren’t as good as we think we are.

No matter what the club says publicly this team thinks they’re favorites for Serie A just off the names on the team sheet and squad depth. I truly believe that. We played the 2nd half at Lazio like the goal would just come if we passed it around enough. Today the first half was the same attitude. That coupled with the COVID absences is a bad recipe.

Yet when I think about everything that’s happened so far I can’t help but feel we’ve been extremely unlucky. We have been better defensively the last 3 matches except for some really odd episodes. The last 3 games are not comparable to Fiorentina or Benevento. SMS’ header was class, we give up a very avoidable penalty to Milan that Handanovic saves then Ibra scores the rebound. The first goal again today was from a sloppy penalty on a player not even in a position to hurt us. Admittedly the 2nd goals in both games were defensive let downs, however as the saying goes, goals change games. We let both teams in and gave them confidence. If we could just get out of our own way we could actually be a pretty dangerous team.

Fav. Player

Albania

Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNetworkZ View Post
    I'm over all this tbh.

We can't sack him because it'll cripple us financially, and he's obviously not going to win us any titles this season. I'm sure he's going to cry to the media if we don't cave in and give him a contract extension this season (if he even wants one). But to make things even worse, we'll have no one better to replace him with come next summer.

Do you really think we can beat Genoa?

13. Thanks (1): MVD

Europe

How on earth are we paying this guy 12 mil.

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNetworkZ View Post
    I'm over all this tbh.

I don't think Conte is interested in a contract extension and a long-term stay at Inter. He will stay till the end of his contract (if he doesn't get fired till then) and then move on to the next challenge. The presence of Inter lawyer in the meeting indicates both sides were considering a divorce but they decided to stick together for financial reasons.

As for having no one available to replace him, you don't know that for sure. There are already Allegri and Pochettino who are available and there could be even more next summer. Anyway, the discussion about a Conte replacement is a bit premature. I don't think he will get fired during the season unless a top 4 finish is at risk. And the squad is too good to miss on top 4.

16. Thanks (2): ElinaYvo, MVD

Fav. Player

Albania

Forum Supporter
    I don't think he can turn the ship around so I think a divorce will probably occur in two or three months. As for the top four finish, this season it is almost impossible with this coach.

18. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Christian Vieri

Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by via58 View Post
    How on earth are we paying this guy 12 mil.
    Beppe

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by brakbrak View Post
    Beppe
    Suning
    <<Gli scudetti giusto vincerli sul campo>> Antonio Conte on Calciopoli

#ConteOut

Fav. Player
    Bastoni

Holy See

Obligatory "go fuck yourself Conte" post.

22. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Kolarov

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thatdude View Post
    Our play is in such an odd state right now. We actually move the ball really well from front to back. Then when we get into the final 3rd it’s almost like we’re cocky or something, like we think the other team is just going to open up for us and let us score. There is no decisiveness and little bravery. I actually think this team lacks a bit of humility. We aren’t as good as we think we are.

No matter what the club says publicly this team thinks they’re favorites for Serie A just off the names on the team sheet and squad depth. I truly believe that. We played the 2nd half at Lazio like the goal would just come if we passed it around enough. Today the first half was the same attitude. That coupled with the COVID absences is a bad recipe.

Yet when I think about everything that’s happened so far I can’t help but feel we’ve been extremely unlucky. We have been better defensively the last 3 matches except for some really odd episodes. The last 3 games are not comparable to Fiorentina or Benevento. SMS’ header was class, we give up a very avoidable penalty to Milan that Handanovic saves then Ibra scores the rebound. The first goal again today was from a sloppy penalty on a player not even in a position to hurt us. Admittedly the 2nd goals in both games were defensive let downs, however as the saying goes, goals change games. We let both teams in and gave them confidence. If we could just get out of our own way we could actually be a pretty dangerous team.
    But we never fucking do.

I know this guy who is extremely intelligent, well-educated and has a fantastic support network. Yet, he has a fear of failure, lacks ambition, is generally lazy, and the story of his life has been one of perpetual underachievement. We all probably know someone like that - talented, smart, blessed with resources, but lazy as fuck. This team is the same shit.

We have everything necessary to succeed:
    1. We have a top class coach who has won more than any other coach in the country combined. He is considered to be such a league ahead of his peers that he earns 4 times his nearest rival and as much as the next 4 coaches combined.

2. We have a deep squad featuring some of the best young talents in the world like Martinez, Barella, Hakimi and Bastoni. We have high quality veterans like Handanovic, Vidal, ̶G̶o̶d̶i̶n̶. And the remainder of the team is composed of very good players like Lukaku, de Vrij, Skriniar, Eriksen, Sensi, Brozovic, Sanchez etc. Every single one of our main 14-15 players would walk into the starting lineup of every other team in this dipshit league.

3. Speaking of the dipshit league, we're facing the weakest competition in a generation. This is the weakest Milan in 15 years. Roma has somehow taken 5 backwards steps from being a top 3 team and CL semi finalist to being a bigger joke than ever who would be lucky to finish 6th. Napoli is still rebuilding from Sarri's last hurrah and don't have the squad or mettle to push for the title. Atalanta and Lazio are inconsistent and don't have the depth to compete in 3 competitions. Most importantly, this is the worst juventus in fucking 6 years and they are managed by a guy whose games as a professional coach can be counted on one hand.

And yet.. despite all this in our favor, we simply can't stop fucking it up for ourselves. That de Vrij pass which led to the penalty was just art. We're in control of the game having taken the lead against an opponent who has posed us ZERO threat. Out of nowhere, under no pressure whatsoever, de Vrij just loses the ball like a fucking spastic and we concede.. and then another...

It was Inter 1 - 2 Bologna all over again. Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. I've never seen such a pure metaphor for "Inter". It was fucking metaphysical.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

\_(ツ)_/

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. I've never seen such a pure metaphor for "Inter". It was fucking metaphysical.
    inter is a metaphor for all our lives. that's why we follow them.

Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by brightbackground View Post
    Saw the result, now I'm going to bed pissed. If Conte is still here tomorrow I'm going to wake up pissed.
    Yep, I'm pissed.

Malta

Agreed except for the “worst Milan team in 15 years”...it’s just not. I hear what you guys are saying but I still firmly believe things will click for us in the near future. We are going through a phase right now where we are conceding every time our opponents create a half a chance whereas it’s the exact opposite for us.

The only issue I have regarding Conte is that when Plan A doesn’t work there is no Plan B. I would have liked to see us get someone like Gervinho, excluding Hakimi and Lukaku once he gets going we have no one else who is quick, never mind quick we have no one with any kind of pace. That is very very alarming in modern football. I’m still confident we’ll win the league this season and I think Conte’s Plan A will start beating real fruits soon enough but damn I wish in certain games we could alter the dynamics a bit

27. Thanks (3): Eddie, GenDire, thatdude