View Poll Results: Will Conte win a Scudetto with Inter?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

65 61.32%
  • No

41 38.68%
Page 54 of 67 FirstFirst ... 4445152535455565764 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1335

Thread: Antonio Conte

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Puma View Post
    Spalletti is a shit coach. I remember Mourinho once taunted him about Roma watching Gladiator as a form of motivation before a Coppa Italia final which they lost. Mourinho noted how amateur that was and he was right.
    This was actually Ranieri.

Let's not diss Spalletti too much though. I remember watching Inter vs Chelsea in Singapore and I was fucking in awe at how much he improved the team from the disastrous era post-Mourinho. And we also started his first season brilliantly. Something happened that winter and we never truly get out of the rut but regardless, Spalletti built the foundation, brought us to 2 Champions League qualifications and has definitely been our best coach this decade. He's far from perfect and I was glad that he was dismissed but let's give credit when it's due.

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Handoyo View Post

Let's not diss Spalletti too much though. I remember watching Inter vs Chelsea in Singapore and I was fucking in awe at how much he improved the team from the disastrous era post-Mourinho. And we also started his first season brilliantly. Something happened that winter and we never truly get out of the rut but regardless, Spalletti built the foundation, brought us to 2 Champions League qualifications and has definitely been our best coach this decade. He's far from perfect and I was glad that he was dismissed but let's give credit when it's due.
    Yeah, this is a good post. Spalletti should be given the credit but for certain level only. He brought Inter up to point X, next guy goes on from there. Job done, thank you and buy.

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

India

10 years of FIF
    Well, he got the forward he’s wanted ever since Chelsea got rid of Costa. I hope he’s happy now.

Fav. Player
    Marotta
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    We still need to sort out his left wing back, unless he meant it when he said he's happy with Dalbert.
    Dr. Marotta

Fav. Player
    De Vrij

Netherlands

82 Anti-Barca Forum Supporter
    And Ranieri went on to win PL with fucking Leicester. I really doubt Mou would have done the same. In fact he couldn't with the far bigger MU.
    Bwahahahaha!!! What man would voluntarily impregnate a woman while being sober?! Our fathers were all drunk.
    -Lionheart
    Get your fucking shit together you worthless, spineless, brainless fucking cunts.
    -Universe
    FUCK BARCA

6. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Egypt

10 years of FIF Most Diverse Poster
    Last year's preseason we did great too, we fucked up At. Madrid with our reserves and everyone went ballistic of how we're going to win the treble. No denying that our new purchases in midfield are great and showed great understanding with Brozo and played some good football, but let's not forget that we didn't really had a midfield since 2012, and the last we've had involved Vecino, Gagliardini, Mario and Valero in it, besides a very inconsistent drunk 9golan, so obviously any upgrade whatsoever would seem like a gigantic improvement, specifically when you change to coach who's not a fucken pussy to start with, that's a big plus.

That said, I'm satisfied with the preseason nonetheless despite not having a complete roaster specifically in the attack. But judgments should be postponed to week 10 at least, conclusions should be established around mid season and after the end of the season.

People who are making Cunte already a god and defending him relentlessly at this stage should be new to supporting Inter, or maybe they just never learn.

Quote Originally Posted by GenDire View Post
    They should put the whole squad on the sex offender list for exposing themselves in front of 10,000 children

8. Thanks (3): MVD, n4l, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru

Great post. This is pretty much what I have been saying. Its easy to only look at his negatives, and forget what he achieved at this club with very little investment. Spalletti did his job, he steadied the ship for the new coach to take us to the next level.

When someone calls Spalletti a clueless coach, IMO its that person who is clueless. Spalletti did pretty much what was expected from him. As did most coaches since Mourinho. The only coaches who were perhaps a bit clueless were De Boer and Strama (which was expected to some extent, he was way above his level). For the rest, it was Inter who were clueless and not the coach.

10. Thanks (3): Irequis, Pravesh, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Marotta
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by Devious View Post
    Last year's preseason we did great too, we fucked up At. Madrid with our reserves and everyone went ballistic of how we're going to win the treble. No denying that our new purchases in midfield are great and showed great understanding with Brozo and played some good football, but let's not forget that we didn't really had a midfield since 2012, and the last we've had involved Vecino, Gagliardini, Mario and Valero in it, besides a very inconsistent drunk 9golan, so obviously any upgrade whatsoever would seem like a gigantic improvement, specifically when you change to coach who's not a fucken pussy to start with, that's a big plus.

That said, I'm satisfied with the preseason nonetheless despite not having a complete roaster specifically in the attack. But judgments should be postponed to week 10 at least, conclusions should be established around mid season and after the end of the season.

People who are making Cunte already a god and defending him relentlessly at this stage should be new to supporting Inter, or maybe they just never learn.
    But last year we didn't have Marotta, that's the difference.
    Dr. Marotta

12. Thanks (5): Devious, Ffi201zi002tlis, MVD, n4l, WLEXT

Fav. Player
    Maicon

Spain

10 years of FIF
    Yeah some people don't remember we still have VECINO and he will play a lot under Conte.

14. Thanks (1): forzainter257

Fav. Player
    JZ4, I9, MS37

Nigeria

A perfect end to the Mercato is us getting a LWB, CM and offloading Dalbert, JM, BV and one of Perisic/Politano

If we get Dzeko then 2 out of Icardi, Politano and Perisic need to bounce.

If we somehow get Dzeko and Dybala (Icardi swap) then both Perisic and Politano need to go.

Fav. Player
    Maicon
    Old name
    Black Jesus

Dominican Republic

They need to show when Conte first met Lukaku it’s gonna be epic
    Last edited by Kakaroto; 09 Aug 19 at 01:33.
    Platano Power
    TIMO WERNER

17. Thanks (2): MVD, n4l

Fav. Player
    ALL OF THEM

Great Britain

Spalletti did a decent job. Had more good points than bad i thought. If Conte takes us up another level then we really could be in business. I want Conte to be with us for at least 3 seasons. That should mean he has done a good job.

19. Thanks (5): Palacio, Rain, syrus, thatdude, wera

Australia

10 years of FIF
    Handoyo, I'll have to disagree with you and many of the posters on this forum in relation to this one.

I am not ungrateful for what Spalletti did at Inter in his two years at the club. But when you look at those achievements in the cold light of day, Inter underachieved as a club. And saying that he was the best coach we have had in a decade is not really saying that much when we had the likes of Leonardo, Stramaccioni, Ranieri, Pioli, and De Boer. Essentially you are comparing him to shit coaches that had no idea.

For a club like Inter, participating in the Champions League should be the bare minimum, not the best that we can achieve. As supporters, we should not be happy with finishing third or fourth or qualifying for the competition on the last day of the season. For me, Spalletti was a coward. He had us bend over so PSV could embarrass us at the Meazza and he did the same against Frankfurt who were complete shit. We put in a similar performance against Lazio in the Coppa Italia. Spalletti played for draws when he should have played for wins and his whole approach to our games was timid and cowardly. The manner in which the team played was one dimensional and he never had a plan B nor did he have any inclination to try something new or different. Accordingly, our eliminations from the Champions League, the Europa League and the Coppa were deserved.

Spalletti clearly had his favourite players and the worst part about that is that they were never held accountable for their contributions or lack thereof. Regardless of how they played, they were guaranteed to start. Combine that with his histrionics and you get the piece of shit season that we all witnessed last season. Spalletti’s histrionics are a large part of the reason the squad was divided and why Icardi is now is now in exile. Unfortunately for Inter, Spalletti divided the squad through his selections and ensured that Icardi was isolated or the odd man out. I am by no means saying that no blame should be apportined to Icardi for what transpired last season, but let's be honest, it was in the best interests of Perisic, Brozovic, Vecino, Naingollan, Valero to tow their coach's line because Spalletti always favoured and selected them. And that is part of what the rumoured fall out was all about following the PSV game.

Some posters on here may be thankful for Spalletti’s contribution and the fact that we qualified for the Champions League for two consecutive seasons. That was his job. He did not achieve anything that was extraordinary or special and it shows how far expectations for our once great club have fallen that so many supporters are happy with merely qualifying for the Champions League. The only thing I thank Spalletti for is that he showed management that we could not possibly go any further with his limited man management skills, tactics, poor match preparation and motivation of the players as well as his limited vision and that it was time to make a qualitative leap and hire someone new.
    Last edited by Puma; 09 Aug 19 at 02:25.
    #FlyEaglesFly

21. Thanks (2): eduzee, Sqnalkel

Fav. Player
    Doina Turcanu

Tokelau

69 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Devious View Post

Fact. We still have Vecino, Gagliardini, Mario and Valero in the midfield.
    FC INTERNAZIONALE

I thought football in Italy had changed, but it seems that a zebra never changes its stripes.
    FAK GOBBY

23. Thanks (1): forzainter257

Fav. Player
    Marotta
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

I think Han has the admin buff, that’s all.

Not that I don’t agree with him, amazingly fantastic post.
    Dr. Marotta

25. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    NOT Il Capitano

Falkland Islands

0 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Who was Spalletti's favourite player? Apart from Nainggolan, was there anyone he favoured?

Poor guy even had to play Icardi at the end of the season in spite of him going missing during a crucial part of the season. Spalletti clearly was unhappy with Perisic but who else could have played instead.
    IO SONO INTERISTA

Bulgaria

Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rockball View Post
    Who was Spalletti's favourite player? Apart from Nainggolan, was there anyone he favoured?
    Borja and Vecino.

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by rockball View Post

Poor guy even had to play Icardi at the end of the season in spite of him going missing during a crucial part of the season. Spalletti clearly was unhappy with Perisic but who else could have played instead.
    Perisic was actually a favoured player of his. Which is what escalated this locker room issue to begin with.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

Fav. Player
    Marotta
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

Well, he did bench Perisic for Keita for a few games.

So it wasn’t anything like Mancini with A.Cesar, that is real favouritism. To me, Spaletti didn’t really have that level of narrow mindedness.
    Dr. Marotta

Fav. Player
    JZ,Adri,Chino

Iran

Quote Originally Posted by clwinterfan View Post
    I want Conte to be with us for at least 3 seasons. That should mean he has done a good job.
    And pave the way for Simeone