View Poll Results: Will Conte win a Scudetto with Inter?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

65 61.32%
  • No

41 38.68%
Page 138 of 140 FirstFirst ... 3888128135136137138139140 LastLast
Results 2,741 to 2,760 of 2798

Thread: Antonio Conte

Bulgaria

Forum Supporter
    Every year different coach. Every winter same shit. Stop bitching please.

2. Thanks (1): InterFCAustin

Fav. Player
    Icardi

Saudi Arabia

“but we are trying our best”

I hate it when they see this. Are you supposed to not play at your best?
    Forza Inter

Fav. Player
    Adriano

Indonesia

his gameplan is already been read, i hope he got plan B

Macedonia

Everyone escapes the real point here: Brehme was right and we need to admit it to the man.

PNG

16 FIF Special Ones Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Conte lost me when he put Gagliardini on the pitch today.

He can fuck off. He is a loser and nothing more than an expesnive Spalletti.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fossati
    Every time an interesting player from another team expresses any interest in us, we start acting like beggars - ausilio certainly looks the part: unshaved, always looks like he hasn't slept in days, I wouldn't be surprised if he smells - and constantly try to get the deal done with lowball offers.

United States

This team has some serious holes. Playing this formation really puts an emphasis on winning individual battles and especially puts pressure on the midfield and wingbacks. We are still way off in terms of the quality of wingback needed, we are also missing solidity in midfield. It’s embarrassing how open we look and how easily we are dragged around against any team with real quality.

The communication between the CBs will get better with time I truly believe that. Even Skriniar who has been all over the place will be fine in the long run imo. Perhaps a little bench time would actually do him well, but let’s be honest it can’t happen for a number of reasons including his status in the team and his value in case we actually do decide to move him.

Our midfield on the other hand is a personnel problem that I don’t see how we can fix until the next transfer window. What Matuidi did to Vecino tonight just shows the difference. That guy is supposed to be our defensive minded box to box work horse and he was beat on both ends of the pitch. Keep in mind Matuidi is no gifted player technically. Bentancur is physically superior to anyone in our midfield and technically as capable as any of them. Ramsey is where we actually probably on par if you look at our options now with Sensi/Eriksen.

We need someone in our team that can actually make the oppositions life difficult, and I don’t mean in a nagging way like Barella. The work that he and brozovic do is commendable and would be fine if they weren’t the only tacklers in our midfield. How many times today were Barella and Brozovic running backwards towards our goal chasing Juventus players? Poor positioning, rash tackles, consistent tactical fouling. We were lucky the ref was so lenient with yellows. It’s not a valid set up against good teams.

Our attack has also gone stale, however I again think this has to do as much with our midfield support as it does the form of the front 2. No doubt in my mind a shake up that involves Alexis getting more time would see a little bit more of a spark but it’s not exactly going to be an elixir. We are too methodical and predictable in the build up, we lack runners that support the front line, and there is no real creativity. We have the personnel to solve the creativity issue to a certain extent (if they’re fit). However, again the issue becomes balance when we play with Sensi or especially Eriksen in the midfield 3.

I know the question is why did it work earlier in the season but is not working now. 1) Everyone had fresh legs. 2) No one knew what to expect or how to game plan for us. 3) Form of Sensi and Lautaro papered over the cracks. We were able to control games better through ball retention when Sensi was fully fit. Keep in mind we still looked vulnerable in transition especially. 4) Our mentality has dropped from being humbled in every big game expect the ones against Milan, which let’s admit it is a midtable team that still almost took us to the brink.

I don’t think the answers for our problems is sacking Conte. In fact I think we have to double down in order to get to success faster. Starting over is only going to set us back another year and probably inhibit the growth of some of our young players, who are gelling together and forming a core. There are good aspects of this team, a lot more then bad aspects which is why we are in 3rd place. Let’s not throw the baby out with the bath water. Barella, Sensi, Bastoni, Lautaro (if he stays), and Skriniar are still all young players getting big minutes this season. The teams we‘re competing with at the top have both had the same core for 4+ years. Once we’ve done that with consistent reinvestment we can say whether or not we have a successful project. I certainly don’t think that we are going to do any better right now though then giving time and resources to a guy with a proven successful track record in domestic success.

Keep in mind Lazio fans wanted Inzaghi gone at times over the last few years and the same with Klopp at Liverpool a few years back. We will be fine if we make the right moves.

8. Thanks (4): Guz, Javier'sSon, Lui, MVD

Fav. Player
    Ruben Sosa

Ireland

What a joke — all this cash spent and we're barely better off than when under Spalletti, who also had a worse team.

Love the way it took this dumbass 75m to play Eriksen as a trequartista, which by then was too late.

Fav. Player
    Schelotto

Brazil

Problem with back 3 is wasting an extra body in defence that could be used in offence.
    Team #Dare2Mazzari #Messi4Inter #Messi4AsadoClan

Fav. Player
    Adriano

Indonesia

As a matter of fact, no team won major trophy with 3 man defense last season except Lazio with that Coppa Italia. PSG, Barca, Real, Chelsea, Liverpool, City, and fuckin rubentus won with 4-man defense

Vietnam

How long does it take for you guys to realise that coach is NOT the problem. Patience is. We bring a well-known instant winner in Conte and if he fails, don't expect the next coach being any different.

Every coach has a philosophy. We must support him and gradually bring in his pieces years after years. If you want your Klopp, look properly the rough path his team has to suffer. Same for Lazio or Atalanta. Building team in a half-ass way is suicidal and never reach anything. NEVER.

13. Thanks (1): thatdude

PNG

16 FIF Special Ones Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by PHM1605 View Post
    a well-known instant winner in Conte
    When has Conte ever been an instant winner?

He's yet to win a single trophy in a career where his team hasn't been heads and shoulders above the rest. He's been shit in Europe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fossati
    Every time an interesting player from another team expresses any interest in us, we start acting like beggars - ausilio certainly looks the part: unshaved, always looks like he hasn't slept in days, I wouldn't be surprised if he smells - and constantly try to get the deal done with lowball offers.

Vietnam

Quote Originally Posted by Nyall View Post
    When has Conte ever been an instant winner?

He's yet to win a single trophy in a career where his team hasn't been heads and shoulders above the rest. He's been shit in Europe.
    Check Juve and Chelsea league position before- and after he came then you have the answer yourself.

16. Thanks (3): Wings, Wobblz, Ziyad

Poland

The problem is that we are playing with just 2 offensive players - our forwards. I can't name a team who plays with just 2 offensive players. There is no balance and our attack is weak in this case. It looked fine before Sensi's injury (first), because he supported the forwards, but right now it looks bad. He has to sacrifice Vecino and start playing Eriksen behind LuLa. Even the weakest Eriksen is better than the best Vecino.
    Or maybe it's time to implement 4-1-2-1-2 which seems to be most similar formation to 3-5-2 with one more offensive player who can be Eriksen.
    Yesteday Juve was playing with 3 offensive players in the front + Cuadrado and I think that Matuidi - Bentancur - Ramsey trio is more offensive than Barella - Brozović - Ramsey.

18. Thanks (1): FCBarca

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by diamen View Post
    The problem is that we are playing with just 2 offensive players - our forwards. I can't name a team who plays with just 2 offensive players. There is no balance and our attack is weak in this case. It looked fine before Sensi's injury (first), because he supported the forwards, but right now it looks bad. He has to sacrifice Vecino and start playing Eriksen behind LuLa. Even the weakest Eriksen is better than the best Vecino.
    Or maybe it's time to implement 4-1-2-1-2 which seems to be most similar formation to 3-5-2 with one more offensive player who can be Eriksen.
    Yesteday Juve was playing with 3 offensive players in the front + Cuadrado and I think that Matuidi - Bentancur - Ramsey trio is more offensive than Barella - Brozović - Ramsey.
    That's one of the problems. There's a lot more than just this one.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

Fav. Player

Albania

Forum Supporter
    Brehme, do you expect Inter to finish third or fourth?

21. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyall View Post
    Conte lost me when he put Gagliardini on the pitch today.

He can fuck off. He is a loser and nothing more than an expesnive Spalletti.
    Seriously gags was necessary it was taking barella off for eriksen that killed us imho we could not win a ball back after that and jube was simply toying with us. Imho it was clear we needed a DM and gags was the only one that fit the bill.
    Should have taken vecino off instead of barella or introduce gags the moment he took barella out.
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Palacio View Post
    Brehme, do you expect Inter to finish third or fourth?
    Doesn't matter what I expect.

When the "best case scenario" is for us to get the 2nd spot pending a Lazio collapse, it still means that Juventus gets away with a Scudetto that we helped them get by giving them the 6 easiest points they got off of us in all time (a win was worth 2 points when we last 'donated' them two wins in a season).

We won't collapse to the extent of losing the 3rd spot unless Atalanta wins all their remaining games which I actually find absurd enough to happen.

There are many possible outcomes still but I think we all agree it's more likely to have Juventus run with the league and us, Lazio and Atalanta with Roma having an outside chance fighting for the remaining CL spots.

All concentration should go to winning the Europa League and securing maximum points in all our games up to the Roma fixture to have the CL spot secure early on. If we can manage to get into the Coppa final, all the better, but I'm expecting another disappointing performance vs Juventus once again.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Adriano@10 View Post
    Seriously gags was necessary it was taking barella off for eriksen that killed us imho we could not win a ball back after that and jube was simply toying with us. Imho it was clear we needed a DM and gags was the only one that fit the bill.
    Should have taken vecino off instead of barella or introduce gags the moment he took barella out.
    Except Gags didn't come on to play DM. He was playing the usual wide-left CM that conte likes to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PHM1605 View Post
    How long does it take for you guys to realise that coach is NOT the problem. Patience is. We bring a well-known instant winner in Conte and if he fails, don't expect the next coach being any different.

Every coach has a philosophy. We must support him and gradually bring in his pieces years after years. If you want your Klopp, look properly the rough path his team has to suffer. Same for Lazio or Atalanta. Building team in a half-ass way is suicidal and never reach anything. NEVER.
    You cannot look at extremely unique situations (Klopp) and model your philosophy behind that. The fact that they've been almost flawless with transfers is quite fortunate. It is very rare to be that flawless. Think about that. Being patient with a bad fit doesn't magically produce better results.

Conte cannot be fired because of his cost. But the truth is, there's little value going balls-to-the-wall building an expensive 3-5-2 squad if he's only going to be here for 3 years (or 2) AND if he is not showing an ability to change tactics. And when I mean change tactics, I don't mean the whole formation; even subtle changes within the 3-5-2 structure he is unwilling/incapable of making.

Buying quality, universally adaptable players to improve the squad makes sense. Buying players to fit 3-5-2 does not make sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnr View Post
    I swear to god Inters squad goes from Nikolai Tesla and Einstein ( Skrino&DeVrij) to Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey the more you go up higher.

25. Thanks (2): CafeCordoba, Nyall

Vietnam

Quote Originally Posted by n4l View Post
    Except Gags didn't come on to play DM. He was playing the usual wide-left CM that conte likes to do.

- - - Updated - - -

You cannot look at extremely unique situations (Klopp) and model your philosophy behind that. The fact that they've been almost flawless with transfers is quite fortunate. It is very rare to be that flawless. Think about that. Being patient with a bad fit doesn't magically produce better results.

Conte cannot be fired because of his cost. But the truth is, there's little value going balls-to-the-wall building an expensive 3-5-2 squad if he's only going to be here for 3 years (or 2) AND if he is not showing an ability to change tactics. And when I mean change tactics, I don't mean the whole formation; even subtle changes within the 3-5-2 structure he is unwilling/incapable of making.

Buying quality, universally adaptable players to improve the squad makes sense. Buying players to fit 3-5-2 does not make sense.
    According to fifers, every coaches would be claimed as “bad fit”. If we hired Mourinho, he is “bad fit” his football is outdated. If Pep or Klopp, still “bad fit” coz attacking football never brings glory to us. Lower profile like Ragnick, Inzaghi, Gasperini, Spalletti are “bad fit” coz they are losers with zero significant trophy...

Only at fif where a high profile coach with 2-3 year left in his contract, people start thinking about buying players to please the next coach instead of current one...

10 years of changing coaches quicker than me changing socks teaches people nothing. Incredible.

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    1. I never said conte is a bad fit. I just said patience for the sake of patience doesn't make sense. Patience with a bad fit just means you end up wasting time.

2. There is no receipe for success. Patience isn't more a virtue than making changes. Liverpool's recent history is to be patient. They were with Houllier, Benitez, and in some respects, Rodgers. You could argue they weren't patient enough with Rodgers, but they did move on from him after 3 seasons for Klopp. Maybe they should've stayed with Rodgers and who knows, Rodgers might be winning CLs and EPLs with them . But while they were doing that City was changing coach every 2-3 years. As was Chelsea. And they were winning. So no one method is "better" than the other when it comes to winning.

3. I never said buy players for another coach. I am saying buy good players period and NOT players geared specifically towards 3-5-2. Then you end up like Chelsea now with a bunch of Conte players who they can't offload and don't know how to fit properly. Buying a player like Thomas Partey for example, is a good player who can play in 3-5-2 but also in 4-3-3, 4-3-1-2, 4-4-2 etc. THAT'S a good player to buy. Buying a player like Marcos Alonso, who can only play LWB, is not a good player to buy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnr View Post
    I swear to god Inters squad goes from Nikolai Tesla and Einstein ( Skrino&DeVrij) to Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey the more you go up higher.

28. Thanks (3): CafeCordoba, Nyall, Sqnalkel