View Poll Results: Will Conte win a Scudetto with Inter?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

65 61.32%
  • No

41 38.68%
Page 68 of 76 FirstFirst ... 185865666768697071 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 1515

Thread: Antonio Conte

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Candreva Crosses View Post
    Perisic loan wasn't about formation.
    Yes it was.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

2. Thanks (3): chhstr, Ffi201zi002tlis, wera

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    Perisic loan wasn't about formation.
    Of course it was. First, it was perisic can't play the WB role. Then it was he can't play the forward role....therefore, he has no role to play @ Inter.

So yes. If we do start playing 3-4-3, we would look incredibly short sighted for giving away Perisic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnr View Post
    I swear to god Inters squad goes from Nikolai Tesla and Einstein ( Skrino&DeVrij) to Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey the more you go up higher.

Fav. Player
    NOT Il Capitano

Falkland Islands

0 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    But had Perisic stayed, we would not have got Sanchez. And Sanchez can play the role in both 352 or 343.
    IO SONO INTERISTA

5. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    Yes it was.
    How about Nainggolans and Icardi then? About formation too? I guess Conte has always wanted Lukaku so there was really no chance for Icardi.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottishInterista View Post
    Thats why we got the chinese involved. The only people better at profiting from corruption than Chinese business men are Russian business men
    Quote Originally Posted by Palatiga View Post
    The difference between hazard and candreva is bigger than the difference between candreva and me, and i dont even play football

7. Thanks (1): MVD

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    How about Nainggolans and Icardi then? About formation too? I guess Conte has always wanted Lukaku so there was really no chance for Icardi.
    Perisic was never part of that group. Both Marotta and Conte were explicit about that. The two were named, Perisic was not.

They were out for "non-football" reasons.

Valero and Mario would have been out for football reasons. And Perisic was part of the plan until he had a fit with Conte about his playing role.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    Perisic was never part of that group. Both Marotta and Conte were explicit about that. The two were named, Perisic was not.

They were out for "non-football" reasons.

Valero and Mario would have been out for football reasons. And Perisic was part of the plan until he had a fit with Conte about his playing role.
    I guess you heard this from your friend at HQ? He is about to retire soon, happy 70 year old.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottishInterista View Post
    Thats why we got the chinese involved. The only people better at profiting from corruption than Chinese business men are Russian business men
    Quote Originally Posted by Palatiga View Post
    The difference between hazard and candreva is bigger than the difference between candreva and me, and i dont even play football

10. Thanks (2): Big Willy, MVD

Fav. Player
    Skrinrar

Scotland

31 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by n4l View Post
    Of course it was. First, it was perisic can't play the WB role. Then it was he can't play the forward role....therefore, he has no role to play @ Inter.

So yes. If we do start playing 3-4-3, we would look incredibly short sighted for giving away Perisic.
    Depends how we're going to play it, if Conte WANTS to play it as rumoured, sensi and Politano behind a striker, then fine nothing is wrong. If he is being forced to as we have no wingers, then we have a problem
    Strachan can suck my tiny schlong

Quote Originally Posted by Glass box View Post
    One day FIF should organize and we should go all together to watch a game. At least 50 people. Tickets are on me.

12. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Black & Blue

Poland

10 years of FIF
    My man!!!

Show em why you were the one to whoop Joses, arsenes, peps, mauricios and jurgens asses.
    Quote of the week:
    "Farewell - Let the Good Times Roll"
    --------------------------------------------------------
    F.C. INTERNAZIONALE, DEPECHE MODE, UNIA TARNOW - Nothing more...

15. Thanks (2): Kakaroto, magnesium

Fav. Player
    Icardi

Saudi Arabia

How cant you love and respect this guy with all the passion he shows?
    Forza Inter

17. Thanks (4): Ethor, magnesium, Palacio, thatdude

Fav. Player
    ur mom
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    started Barella and Godin and we won because they are really something extra ,they bring the much needed quality in the crucial positions,so,he learned his lesson...underestimated Sparta epically tho...

Fav. Player
    Pirlo, Figo

United States

Well done coach!

Fav. Player
    Doina Turcanu

Tokelau

69 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JJM View Post
    started Barella and Godin and we won because they are really something extra ,they bring the much needed quality in the crucial positions,so,he learned his lesson...underestimated Sparta epically tho...
    1st it is Slavia.

2nd he altered Barella's role. He gave Barella's more freedom to roam forward while Brozovic stays low and Godin stays back to cover Barella. There was Conte's touch on Barella and Godin performance in the derby.
    FC INTERNAZIONALE

I thought football in Italy had changed, but it seems that a zebra never changes its stripes.
    FAK GOBBY

10 years of FIF
    Milan looked like they just threw eleven decent players on the pitch. We looked like a well drilled unit. What a difference a great coach makes.

I especially like our fast three or four pass combinations in the midfield, we always managed to free someone with them. There is purpose in the way the players position themselves and I even felt the guys moved in triangles. No, it's not tiki-taka, but the basic idea is the same. Players interchange positions constantly and move in coordinated ways. Very nice.

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Italy

Absolutely NAILED the derby tactically. If we were more clinical, it could have ended 6-0.

The Politano and Vecino subs were the right choices and came at the perfect time to finish Milan off, and the great thing is that we still had Sanchez on the bench in case we needed more. Candreva for Barella was a tad odd, but you gotta allow Antonio his quirks every once in a while.

Grande Mister.
    Inter Banter Era; 2011-2018 Mudingayi, Schelotto, Rocchi Gone but not forgotten

23. Thanks (2): emosjonellspiller, MVD

Fav. Player
    Skrinrar

Scotland

31 Forum Supporter
    We were so dominant because the system he implemented for the game. God i love having a coach like this again
    Strachan can suck my tiny schlong

Quote Originally Posted by Glass box View Post
    One day FIF should organize and we should go all together to watch a game. At least 50 people. Tickets are on me.

25. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Ludlow View Post
    Milan looked like they just threw eleven decent players on the pitch. We looked like a well drilled unit. What a difference a great coach makes.
    This. The key difference between Inter and Milan yesterday was the coach. In the last derby, I remember Spalletti gave Gattuso a tactical lesson. Milan clearly learnt nothing from that, coz yesterday Conte did the same to Giampaolo.

Milan don't have shit players like some people seem to infer from yesterday. They have a lot of quality young talent. But where they lack is quality experience and top coach. Maldini seems to be building a U23 side for reasons I don't understand. Their "leaders" like Romagnoli (24) and Donna (20) are kids. And they keep playing russian roulette by hiring a coach inexperienced at this level. That is quite silly when you look at the amount of money they have spent in buying talent which is comparable to Inter. Consider this, in the last 3 years:

Transfer spend:
    Milan: Gross transfer spend 479m, net spend 323m
    Inter: Gross transfer spend 405m, net spend 170m

Coach:
    Milan: Montella, Gattuso, Giampaolo
    Inter: Spalletti, Conte

Its moronic, spending so much money and letting a rookie fuck around with it. If Maldini has any sense, he would run to Allegri right now, and also buy a couple of 30+ world class leaders in January.

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Pakistan

95 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by n4l View Post
    I think the way it is now is much better for spacing of the midfield and forwards. If Sensi plays in an AMC role, he'd be in the space that you want the forwards to be moving around to receive that entry pass. The spacing now is creating a lot of defensive shifting around and instability (very good for us). Sensi is running into the soft-zone after our forwards receive an entry pass, then make attacking forward runs, giving him the space he needs. If he is sitting in the soft-zone, he will be marked.

Our issue tbh is the forwards just not being good enough (yet). They are getting more opportunities and touches than ever before, but not very efficient. LM10 is wasteful, selfish, always trying dumb shit. Lukaku's touch is expectedly very inconsistent and he's always fucking last to react (and not anticipatory). Poli did well enough yesterday, though I'd like to see him stay a little higher up. Too often he dropped into an AM type role and it ended up being a 3-6-1 with lukaku isolated. We'll need to see more of sanchez on how he interprets the SS/CF role.
    Question is how will Sanchez even get into this side? Sensi won't be benched, so won't Lukaku so LM10 is the most likely candidate to give space if he continues to waste chances.
    Spoiler: text 

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Kazakhstan

Quote Originally Posted by A.l.i View Post
    Question is how will Sanchez even get into this side? Sensi won't be benched, so won't Lukaku so LM10 is the most likely candidate to give space if he continues to waste chances.
    Is "wasting chances" the only thing you see in his game?
    I have weakened bolts that fastened a brain, and have relaxed. A technical break...

29. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Pakistan

95 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by forzainter257 View Post
    Is "wasting chances" the only thing you see in his game?
    He is a striker and at the end of the game, along with everything else that he does, he will be judged based on his ability to score goals.
    Spoiler: text