View Poll Results: Will Conte win a Scudetto with Inter?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

65 61.32%
  • No

41 38.68%
Page 24 of 94 FirstFirst ... 14212223242526273474 ... LastLast

Thread: Antonio Conte

Fav. Player
    4-12-22-23
    Old name
    Josi

United States

10 years of FIF Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by varmin View Post
    So, is there a chance Conte to resign before the serie A kick off if Suning aren't able to satisfy his transfer demands?
    More like it.

2. Thanks (1): MVD

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Maurizio Sarri will be earning 6m net. Plus bonuses of course. 4 year contract = 24m total cost. Allegri resigned iirc so they don't owe him anything.

Conte signed a 9m deal in comparison, excluding the bonus, with rumours that he will get an extra 4m annually (net) if he reaches the final year of his contract, ie 2021/22 pre-season will trigger it. Guess that means if he's sacked or resigns before the end of the 20/21 season he's not entitled to that extra 4m. Three year contract = 31m total cost. We also have to pay Spalletti's severance package on top of that.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

Fav. Player
    Il Fenomeno

Italy

Totti confirmed what Corriere said. Conte was close to Roma. But he refused because of Romas target to get only the Top 4. Conte pretends more.
    Nel bene e nel male, forza Internazionale!!

#IcardiOut

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

United States

86 FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    Maurizio Sarri will be earning 6m net. Plus bonuses of course. 4 year contract = 24m total cost. Allegri resigned iirc so they don't owe him anything.

Conte signed a 9m deal in comparison, excluding the bonus, with rumours that he will get an extra 4m annually (net) if he reaches the final year of his contract, ie 2021/22 pre-season will trigger it. Guess that means if he's sacked or resigns before the end of the 20/21 season he's not entitled to that extra 4m. Three year contract = 31m total cost. We also have to pay Spalletti's severance package on top of that.

Conte has achieved WAY more than Sarri, so he gets paid WAY more. That is how the world works.
    This season is unfortunately a 5 season setback. We were 1.5 mercato away from becoming a top team, now won't really have expectations of winning an important trophy until 2025.

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

Quote Originally Posted by vitomins View Post
    Conte has achieved WAY more than Sarri, so he gets paid WAY more. That is how the world works.
    You filthy capitalist.
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. Itís never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. Itís a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    ó Massimo Moratti

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

United States

Quote Originally Posted by Wobblz View Post
    You filthy capitalist.

'Murica!
    This season is unfortunately a 5 season setback. We were 1.5 mercato away from becoming a top team, now won't really have expectations of winning an important trophy until 2025.

8. Thanks (2): Nero Indigo, Wobblz

Fav. Player
    4, 10

Austria

Quote Originally Posted by vitomins View Post
    'Murica!
    Fuck yeah!

10. Thanks (1): nutsncider

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Europe

Forum Supporter
    I’ve never taken an interest in this man, for reasons of which many of you will understand, but now that he’s our manager it would be good to know how often does he give youth talent a chance to breakthrough?

Greece

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    I’ve never taken an interest in this man, for reasons of which many of you will understand, but now that he’s our manager it would be good to know how often does he give youth talent a chance to breakthrough?
    He got to Italy a year after the 'kids' reached the final with Verratti, Insigne and co and didn't give a shot to anyone in the Euro in order to play Giaccherini, Eder and Pelle. Sure Verratti was injured, but he wasn't the only player on that team. What does that tell you?

Conte uomo di merda

Fav. Player
    Skrinrar

Scotland

31 Forum Supporter
    He got to Italy a year after the 'kids' reached the final with Verratti, Insigne and co and didn't give a shot to anyone in the Euro in order to play Giaccherini, Eder and Pelle. Sure Verratti was injured, but he wasn't the only player on that team. What does that tell you?
    Yeah let's ignore him giving Pogba a chance the year after Fergie refused to play him, he gave Christensen a chance at chelsea, Chalobah, Loftus-Cheek as well. But no him apparently getting the most out of a bunch of mediocre players is the negative you choose to focus on
    Strachan can suck my tiny schlong

Quote Originally Posted by Glass box View Post
    One day FIF should organize and we should go all together to watch a game. At least 50 people. Tickets are on me.

14. Thanks (3): Irequis, Kakaroto, MVD

Greece

First of all, Ferguson not giving a chance to a 18 year old (he did feature in a couple of PL games just for the sake of it though) is a bit ridiculous. Conte didn't even use him that much either until the end of the year. He had like 5 starts in the first 25 games and one of them was an irrelevant CL game. It'd be idiotic not to use him anyway as it was evident that he was ready and worth it.

As for the other remark, well, Conte isn't going to be our manager in the next 5 years, I'll be surprised if he manages 2 seasons, so him happily working with shit players doesn't make me happy. It means that when he's gone, my team is left with overpaid shit players that no one else will want and we'll be back to counting the year zeroes. Which is why I'm hoping for a good mercato here that will provide the next manager with some improved 'heritage' as Mourinho would put it and not harm the club's progress with new Kondogbias and Joao Marios. And Lukaku being the #1 target for Conte reeks of that.

Conte uomo di merda

16. Thanks (1): Linege

Fav. Player
    Škriniar

Italy

Then our only hope is that someone even more incompetent than Conte beats him once again in the race for Lukaku. Who did it last time? Oh, right, Mourinho*.

Seriously dude. You don't like Conte. I think we got it. There's no need for you to contradict yourself in every post just to reiterate your point.

* I'm just applying your logic here

Greece

Quote Originally Posted by Guz View Post
    Then our only hope is that someone even more incompetent than Conte beats him once again in the race for Lukaku. Who did it last time? Oh, right, Mourinho*.

Seriously dude. You don't like Conte. I think we got it. There's no need for you to contradict yourself in every post just to reiterate your point.

* I'm just applying your logic here
    We're in 2019. Lukaku when Man Utd signed him was a top 3 striker in the Premier League. Overpriced, but still one of the top. Lukaku is not the same player. And sorry, but it's offensive to suggest that this is "my logic". It just shows a lack of understanding.

Signing an overweight Lukaku for a buckload of money (club record transfer fee) and making him the #1 earner at the club may very well end up hindering the club's progression. This is an ill advised transfer. From what I was told,Conte's main priorities are Milinkovic-Savic, Barella and Chiesa while he also wants to add a couple of strikers (enter Lukaku as Icardi's replacement and also Dzeko) into the mix plus a wing back, which apparently will be Lazaro. I could live with that. But if we end up failing with SMS and Chiesa, overpay for Dzeko and give him a hefty multiyear contract, waste most of our budget on Lukaku and then make two bad deals, eg 50m for Rakitic and like 6m annually and 4 year deal, or even worse, waste money on Xhaka and a couple of others... it'd be a terrible sign for the fate of the club, even if Conte can achieve the bare minimum (CL spot) with that. Good luck getting rid of all of these guys. Even the Man Utd garbage that cannot be offloaded by them will taste yummy compared to the shit storm a failed 2019 mercato will bring us.

Conte uomo di merda

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Europe

Forum Supporter
    It kind of tells me that youth chance opportunities will slim/ rare unless someone really breaks out but tbh that’s not too dissimilar to a lot of our previous managers. My hope, and this isn’t conte related but it’s more the board than anything else, is that we don’t repeat Zaniolo to Roma and trust a little more in our youth products.

Fav. Player
    Škriniar

Italy

We're in 2019. Lukaku when Man Utd signed him was a top 3 striker in the Premier League. Overpriced, but still one of the top. Lukaku is not the same player. And sorry, but it's offensive to suggest that this is "my logic". It just shows a lack of understanding.

Signing an overweight Lukaku for a buckload of money (club record transfer fee) and making him the #1 earner at the club may very well end up hindering the club's progression. This is an ill advised transfer. From what I was told,Conte's main priorities are Milinkovic-Savic, Barella and Chiesa while he also wants to add a couple of strikers (enter Lukaku as Icardi's replacement and also Dzeko) into the mix plus a wing back, which apparently will be Lazaro. I could live with that. But if we end up failing with SMS and Chiesa, overpay for Dzeko and give him a hefty multiyear contract, waste most of our budget on Lukaku and then make two bad deals, eg 50m for Rakitic and like 6m annually and 4 year deal, or even worse, waste money on Xhaka and a couple of others... it'd be a terrible sign for the fate of the club, even if Conte can achieve the bare minimum (CL spot) with that. Good luck getting rid of all of these guys. Even the Man Utd garbage that cannot be offloaded by them will taste yummy compared to the shit storm a failed 2019 mercato will bring us.
    One of the things I really despise about the Italian Inter-related forums I occasionally visit is the fact that basically everyone there seems to have their own mole inside the club, which makes me the only loser who doesn't know anyone (not even a cleaning lady!) working there. Please tell me you're not one of those people and that by "from what I was told" you actually mean "from what I heard on tv/read on the net". Or pretending to be an insider is supposed to lend weigh to your words here?

That being said, my point was not about Lukaku himself. As a matter of fact, I don't like him as a player and would not sign him altogether. I'm not even fond of Conte's tactics, for that matter, but since he's our coach now I believe we should try to give him the players he wants. But only if the price is right. Hence we should hardball United, considering that they don't want the player any more and he made it clear he wants out. If they don't budge, we should move on to another target. And the same applies for all the other players we're after.

Anyway, my point was that you have a tendency to focus on whatever suits your theories, often presenting your own conjectures as facts and conveniently forgetting to mention all the parts that go against your reasoning. And when someone highlight the flaws in your theories (just like ScottishInterista did a few posts above) you usually reply by turning up the tables. I think it's not respectful towards the other members of this community. This is a forum where people meet to discuss something they all love. It's not supposed to be a place where people argue just for the sake of having the last word. That's the way I see it. And that's what I wanted to tell you.

Goodnight.

Netherlands

I love the whole "everyone claims to have an insider sneaking them Intel from within their favorite club." It's prevalent in every sport I follow, especially for the main college I follow. I don't understand the desire to make yourself seem like you're something you're not.

Not pointing fingers at anyone, just agreeing with Guz.

22. Thanks (4): I4E, Il Drago, MVD, Wallace

Italy

It's not that unlikely that a number of people can get a certain info on a player. It's not like footballers live on the moon and Italians on average are snoopy.

But most of the stuff people write about must be false, I'm sure of that. The thing is, in that sea of stories, which for the greatest part is made of bullshit, it's nearly impossible to pick up what's true.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

24. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

United States

Insigne did not fit into Conte's 3-5-2 system. Why force him in just because he is young and talented? Conte wanted to play a certain way so he picked the players that fit and it worked out pretty well in my opinion. Beat Belgium and Spain...not by flukes, completely outplayed them and were knocked out by Germany on PK's because Zaza is an asshole.

Also, Insigne tore his ACL 3 months after Conte was hired by Italy. Italy literally played 3 games under Conte before that injury. For the rest of the 2014-15 season he was used off the bench mostly for Napoli as he was recovering from his injury. So the guy doesn't really fit into the coach's system then he gets a major injury during Euro qualifiers...who knows if he would have gave him a shot? Plus, don't act like he was some world beater for Napoli that season. Because of the injury, he only played 20 games for Napoli, starting 13 of them - 2 goals, 3 assists.

Didn't Conte try 3-4-3 before Euro 2016 and use Insigne in a few matches? He decided to use 3-5-2 for the tournament which meant Insigne did not really have a place.

26. Thanks (2): Dylan, thatdude

Australia

10 years of FIF
    Apparently he wants to see Pinamonti at pre-season camp before making a decision as to whether Pinamonti should be loaned out.
    #FlyEaglesFly

28. Thanks (1): ElDuccio

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    So only logical reason for that is that we're going to get one new striker if Conte becomes impressed by Pinamonti. We already have Lautaro and Politano (support striker role) so adding one makes it 3 and then keeping Pinamonti makes it 4. Wouldn't make sense to get a 5th striker, let alone have Pinamonti as one.